Author Topic: And the mask comes off.  (Read 1749031 times)

Remaugen

• Elite Boss
  • Android Clan of One
Re: And the mask comes off.
« Reply #4640 on: January 05, 2015, 02:27:24 AM »
*Crickets*

Slow here today. . .

We're almost there!  ;D

The RNG hates me.

pinballdave

• Elite Boss
  • I am the player formerly known as Psylenz
« Reply #4641 on: January 05, 2015, 05:02:24 PM »
*Crickets*

Slow here today. . .

I am so geared up to re-roll my main as Storm-Water blast

lamer

• Underling
« Reply #4642 on: January 05, 2015, 05:12:22 PM »
I hope lurkers don't see the inactivity and think "welp, it's dead." It's not. This topic has a purpose, and until we have more info on that purpose, there's not much to talk about. Give it time. The "New efforts" thread seems to have more general discussion on the matter if you're itching to see some active discussion here.

And we continue to wait.

duane

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4643 on: January 05, 2015, 07:03:34 PM »
I hope lurkers don't see the inactivity and think "welp, it's dead." It's not. This topic has a purpose, and until we have more info on that purpose, there's not much to talk about. Give it time. The "New efforts" thread seems to have more general discussion on the matter if you're itching to see some active discussion here.

And we continue to wait.

It's too bad there wasn't a website front page for all this, but I am certain when things are more concrete something will come.

As always thank you for those involved who are working on the Deal of the Century.

EDIT:  Looking forward to COH.COM / CITYOFHEROES.COM return!!
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 09:27:06 PM by duane »

Rejolt

• Elite Boss
  • Infinity Server 2005-2012
« Reply #4644 on: January 06, 2015, 03:01:51 AM »
It's too bad there wasn't a website front page for all this, but I am certain when things are more concrete something will come.

As always thank you for those involved who are working on the Deal of the Century.

It only took 4 months for the stream of consciousness to become a trickle... Give it time. I'm still expecting real movement by the end of the fiscal quarter (March 2015)
Rejolt Industries LLC is now a thing. Woo!

chuckv3

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4645 on: January 06, 2015, 05:17:33 PM »
It only took 4 months for the stream of consciousness to become a trickle... Give it time. I'm still expecting real movement by the end of the fiscal quarter (March 2015)

Based on any real intel, or just intuition?

Rejolt

• Elite Boss
  • Infinity Server 2005-2012
« Reply #4646 on: January 06, 2015, 05:23:43 PM »
Based on any real intel, or just intuition?
Pure procrastinator's instinct. March is roughly the end of the business year and my hope it's a loose end they tie up.
Rejolt Industries LLC is now a thing. Woo!

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
« Reply #4647 on: January 06, 2015, 06:07:51 PM »
Pure procrastinator's instinct. March is roughly the end of the business year and my hope it's a loose end they tie up.

Not everywhere runs April to March you know. That's rather a western thing... Even then, not all companies work to that fiscal year.

Harpospoke

• New Efforts # 4,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4648 on: January 07, 2015, 10:02:57 AM »
Not everywhere runs April to March you know. That's rather a western thing... Even then, not all companies work to that fiscal year.
Surely Korea works sometime.   

I mean, I already wondered if they would slow down during the holidays and was informed they do indeed have the same holiday tradition.   So at some point, they've got to go back to work like the West, right?

Surelle

« Reply #4649 on: January 07, 2015, 04:35:12 PM »
Surely Korea works sometime.   

I mean, I already wondered if they would slow down during the holidays and was informed they do indeed have the same holiday tradition.   So at some point, they've got to go back to work like the West, right?

Well, yes, but it would be good if people could realize without being continually reminded that rezzing a zombie shutdown version of a long-shuttered game is the least of NCSoft's priorities, I'm sorry.  But they wouldn't have shut down the game in the first place if it was important in any way.  I'll be first in line to play it if and when it comes back, but it isn't going to be under the development of Paragon Studios, nor will it have updates or even bug fixes.  It's just a life-support version of a game that probably no one at NCSoft but the one guy Nate & Crew are currently talking to even knows might get rezzed.  I'd be surprised if 3 people total at NCSoft are even aware that there are talks to license out the IP.

So please, peeps, temper your thoughts with patience.  It could be summer, or next fall, or never.  Let's just hope against hope that it is actually *sometime.*

Prism Almidu

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4650 on: January 07, 2015, 07:41:13 PM »
I'd be surprised if 3 people total at NCSoft are even aware that there are talks to license out the IP.

Well, actually... an old friend of mine I recently found out works for NCSoft in Texas as QA, and he was aware of the talks :P
Still, your point is taken, despite my ongoing optimism about returning home to the Rogue Isles

Ultimate15

• Boss
« Reply #4651 on: January 08, 2015, 09:06:14 PM »
Well, actually... an old friend of mine I recently found out works for NCSoft in Texas as QA, and he was aware of the talks :P
Still, your point is taken, despite my ongoing optimism about returning home to the Rogue Isles

...Okay, but was he made aware of the current negotiations with NCSoft by means of strictly just working for the company? Or was he just aware of the talks from reading stuff online and what-not?

That's the important question here lol.
Viva la Virtue!

Prism Almidu

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4652 on: January 08, 2015, 09:37:41 PM »
I doubt he had enough interest in the game to seek out this forum. I assume it was from virtue of working there, but as we were busy with the Evolve alpha at the time, it only came up briefly.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4653 on: January 09, 2015, 02:17:55 AM »
I doubt he had enough interest in the game to seek out this forum. I assume it was from virtue of working there, but as we were busy with the Evolve alpha at the time, it only came up briefly.
We have had a fair amount of publicity since Ironwolf started. There's also the big stink that went up around September-ish time, where a large number of gamer sites picked up on the effort with Nate's announcement. It's a constant comment item in most of the City Facebook and etc groups. We don't exist in a vacuum here :-)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 05:19:49 PM by Aggelakis »
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Surelle

« Reply #4654 on: January 09, 2015, 01:57:58 PM »
We have had a fair amount of publicity since Ironwolf started. There's also the big stink that went up around September-ish time, where a large number of gamer sites picked up on the effort with Nate's announcement. It's a constant comment item in most of the City Facebook and etc groups. We don't exist in a vacuum here :-)

Still, the hoping of a core group of former players (of which I am definitely one!) has little to do with the actual priority level of CoX at NCSoft these days.  People are getting way too antsy over a game that clearly was thought so little of that it was shuttered in the first place.  I seriously doubt that rezzing it or licensing its IP are a big focus for NCSoft or that they have many people working on this. 

And it will be a big job for a small group of people (and something  they're doing around their jobs and families no less) to bring everything up to the pro level needed to rez and run a game, never mind make other pro games based off its IP, but all that has to happen to NCSoft's satisfaction before the wheels begin turning enough to satisfy many people here.  We'll be lucky if anything at all ever happens, so let's try not to get too impatient.   :)

Sihada

• Minion
« Reply #4655 on: January 09, 2015, 02:47:07 PM »
Well, yes, but it would be good if people could realize without being continually reminded that rezzing a zombie shutdown version of a long-shuttered game is the least of NCSoft's priorities, I'm sorry.  But they wouldn't have shut down the game in the first place if it was important in any way.  I'll be first in line to play it if and when it comes back, but it isn't going to be under the development of Paragon Studios, nor will it have updates or even bug fixes.  It's just a life-support version of a game that probably no one at NCSoft but the one guy Nate & Crew are currently talking to even knows might get rezzed.  I'd be surprised if 3 people total at NCSoft are even aware that there are talks to license out the IP.

That's wisdom right here.  This is not a high-visibility or high-priority project for NCSoft; there's no incentive for them to prioritize it above any other intiative.

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4656 on: January 09, 2015, 04:18:36 PM »
Still, the hoping of a core group of former players (of which I am definitely one!) has little to do with the actual priority level of CoX at NCSoft these days.  People are getting way too antsy over a game that clearly was thought so little of that it was shuttered in the first place.  I seriously doubt that rezzing it or licensing its IP are a big focus for NCSoft or that they have many people working on this. 

And it will be a big job for a small group of people (and something  they're doing around their jobs and families no less) to bring everything up to the pro level needed to rez and run a game, never mind make other pro games based off its IP, but all that has to happen to NCSoft's satisfaction before the wheels begin turning enough to satisfy many people here.  We'll be lucky if anything at all ever happens, so let's try not to get too impatient.   :)

I am hopeful as well things can work out, for so many reasons.  Funny thing is I actually ended up with MORE reasons to want to see this succeed(*looking at you and your cruel, con artist filled fan base, CO, and your con artist DEVS).  As I frequently said, City of heroes isn't dead, but wrongfully accused and in jail for the moment.  It's the communities job to free it.  And I want it to show people that not only can it make it, but it can make it without being a WoW clone.  City of heroes didn't copy other mmorpgs for the most part, unlike it's competition, which either started out it's own game and turned INTO a wow clone, or was a wow clone from the very beginning.

I get bored of both the competitors, and I even fall asleep playing one of them(CO).  Damn it, I need something that keeps me awake.  A game shouldn't be so boring to play as to cause me to fall asleep even if I had two afogatos, a third coffee plus two cans of coka cola or mountain dew.  I suppose more serious sam will have to do at times.  I also liked the faces of city of heroes to, CO's face editor suffers the same oblivion problem of everyone having down syndrome by default while DCUO has no custom faces.

I'm just bored LOL.

And, well, of the three, city of heroes was the most entertaining and I generally never got bored playing it.  Enemies were actually a danger to me and had a variety that made them interesting.  Powersets were different in feel and actual practice.  Controllers weren't just batteries that got yelled at for not playing a very very specific way or not being the very max level(I got yelled at in a tier 3 raid for not being geared for tier 5 or 6 as a controller cause I wasn't providing enough power and they think i'm just a pancakes battery).  Support wasn't just babysitting health bars and crowd control actually WORKED IN TEAMS.

Sorry, rant over.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Harpospoke

• New Efforts # 4,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4657 on: January 09, 2015, 07:59:23 PM »

So please, peeps, temper your thoughts with patience.  It could be summer, or next fall, or never.  Let's just hope against hope that it is actually *sometime.*
You may have mistaken my intent...I agree with everything you said.   I'm not really that impatient.  (any more than could be expected)

Ohioknight

• Celebrating Columbus Day
  • Elite Boss
  • 65 years old
« Reply #4658 on: January 10, 2015, 02:05:58 AM »

And, well, of the three, city of heroes was the most entertaining and I generally never got bored playing it.  Enemies were actually a danger to me and had a variety that made them interesting.  Powersets were different in feel and actual practice.  Controllers weren't just batteries that got yelled at for not playing a very very specific way or not being the very max level(I got yelled at in a tier 3 raid for not being geared for tier 5 or 6 as a controller cause I wasn't providing enough power and they think i'm just a pancakes battery).  Support wasn't just babysitting health bars and crowd control actually WORKED IN TEAMS.

Sorry, rant over.

In my book, no need to apologize.  I thought that was a highly virtuous rant.  Hear, hear.
"Wow, a fat, sarcastic, Star Trek fan, you must be a devil with the ladies"

Ankhammon

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4659 on: January 10, 2015, 04:37:23 AM »
As I frequently said, City of heroes isn't dead, but wrongfully accused and in jail for the moment.  It's the communities job to free it...

I like your outlook. It reminds me of something... It reminds me of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MVonyVSQoM
Cogito, Ergo... eh?