Author Topic: And the mask comes off.  (Read 1748794 times)

Minotaur

• Elite Boss
Re: And the mask comes off.
« Reply #3680 on: October 16, 2014, 08:29:39 AM »
So...Likely when I was on most of the time. Hah.

Yup, I was there too at that time in the UK mornings.

duane

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3681 on: October 16, 2014, 01:36:55 PM »
Victory was actually my home!

My home too.

mrultimate

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3682 on: October 16, 2014, 02:05:34 PM »
Guardian For Life!

Wizzyboy296

• Underling
« Reply #3683 on: October 16, 2014, 02:53:22 PM »

Wizzyboy296

• Underling
« Reply #3684 on: October 16, 2014, 02:56:51 PM »
don't get me wrong, the game returns at the end of 2014 like it comes in January 2015. New year!  ;)

Power Gamer

• Elite Boss
  • Reaching troubled youth...one Hellion at a time!
« Reply #3685 on: October 16, 2014, 03:24:13 PM »
Virtue was my main server, although I spent time on a number of other server!
It takes a village to raise a child. And it takes a villain to explain the value of lunch money.

-Random CoHer: "Why does the sky turn green during Rikti invasions?"
-Me:"Rikti Monkey farts"
-Random CoHer: "I'm going to you for all my questions from now on!"

Nyx Nought Nothing

• New Efforts # 11,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • Ha!
« Reply #3686 on: October 16, 2014, 03:45:53 PM »
Victory was actually my home!
My first characters were on Victory, but by the end of 2004 i rarely played there having shifted to Guardian and later on to Champion. However, my original MA/SR, Seiben (inspired by the Tuned androids from GUNNM/Battle Angel Alita), was still occasionally in play up until shutdown. Seiben had one of my favorite outfits, using the tails jacket and a red scarf, that could no longer be recreated elsewhere.
So far so good. Onward and upward!

Talon Blue

• Minion
« Reply #3687 on: October 16, 2014, 03:54:05 PM »
Started in Victory, but I moved on to Virtue after the free server transfer week.

Blackgrue

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3688 on: October 16, 2014, 04:56:35 PM »
Virtue from start to finish. I'm an RPer and virtue's community was AMAZING for roleplayers.
Virtue native

Main characters:
Diz the Goblin
Projekt Redstorm

Nyx Nought Nothing

• New Efforts # 11,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • Ha!
« Reply #3689 on: October 16, 2014, 05:03:52 PM »
Virtue from start to finish. I'm an RPer and virtue's community was AMAZING for roleplayers.
The other servers were a little less impressive from an RP perspective. i was PUGing on Champion one time running some Croatoa missions and a teammate and i started doing some in character banter during missions and one of the other teammates was initially confused as hell by it and then after it was explained kept complaining about how weird it was for people to chat in character. It may or may not have been the same team that included a Blaster with Whirlwind always running who would charge into each new spawn and scatter them everywhere and then get faceplanted more often than not. Sort of annoying, but also sort of hilarious.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 07:32:52 PM by Nyx Nought Nothing »
So far so good. Onward and upward!

Tubbius

• Fun Title
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3690 on: October 16, 2014, 05:14:30 PM »
Justice was my home.  :)

Also, the community college where I work is throwing a costume contest for Halloween.

It hit me hard inside when I saw those words yesterday.  :(

MWRuger

• New Efforts # 1,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • The Devil is in the details! Quick! Get him out!
« Reply #3691 on: October 16, 2014, 05:22:54 PM »
I played mainly on Liberty, but had characters on almost every server.
AKA TheDevilYouKnow
Return of CoH - Oh My God! It looks like it can happen!

BadWolf

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3692 on: October 16, 2014, 05:55:39 PM »
Virtue was technically my "home" server for heroes, and Infinity for villains, but in practice I spent time on all the servers pretty frequently. To be honest, I never saw much evidence of the server cultures or server rivalries...most everyone I played with was fun, friendly and helpful no matter where I was. (And those very few that weren't didn't seem confined to one server, more's the pity.)

Jorge Firebomb

• Minion
« Reply #3693 on: October 16, 2014, 06:17:46 PM »
It's kind of funny, the only reason I know what server I played on is because I still have the game installed on my old PC, and that includes the "playerslot.txt" file. I know later on in the game's life, a friend of mine had said he kind of wished we were on a different server (can't remember which one) because they seemed more active or something, I don't remember the exact details.

I doubt anybody would remember me, because I played early on and never hit max level with anybody, but I had a tanker named (of all things) Stoic Defender and a stalker named Timonia as my highest characters. My tanker was supposed to be a guy with good martial arts skills and an indomitable will, but at launch the best powerset combination to fit that theme seemed to be energy melee (representing using ki to power his attacks) and invulnerability. If I was able to remake him now, I'd probably use willpower and street justice instead.

Man I hope I get to remake that character, I really liked him. My stalker would remain energy melee and regen because that just fits the concept so well.

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #3694 on: October 16, 2014, 06:19:44 PM »
As long as it brings me food, the server's name isn't relevant.

:P
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

MM3squints

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3695 on: October 16, 2014, 06:21:53 PM »
I only played on Triumph and learned how to adapt for a mostly solo game play. When I decided to go to freedom in the Twilight months, I almost had a brain aneurysm seeing how many people are online even at odd hours (the number of people on Freedom at odd hours would still be more people on Triumph at peak hours) I thought to myself, "so this is where the MMO part I was missing is"

Teikiatsu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3696 on: October 16, 2014, 06:23:57 PM »
Virtue was my main server, although I spent time on a number of other server!

Started on Pinnacle but migrated to Virtue after finding an RP SG
Virtue Server - Main: Midnight Lightning Dark/Elec/Psi Defender

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfKUPgy_xH8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EitO6Wq_9A

Azrael

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3697 on: October 16, 2014, 06:48:49 PM »
I guess a lot depends on what the image looks like - is it the image of the final with all servers or is it each seperate server. How quickly could the server be running again - honestly hardware wise in a week or less - an all nighter could likely get it up in one day. What I would do after that is to immediately proceed into an open Beta period.

Then while it is being play tested you write the interface and launcher and build the accounting system. This does a lot of good things - gets interest back - gets players flooding in - free advertising and maybe sponsors! Once the game is stable and running fine and all is in place a full Pre-Launch day and account purchasing.  After the short Pre-Launch - you fire it up for production. I personally see a timeline of closing the deal to Beta testing - 1 week to 1 month. Then a 3-4 month period while accounting is being set.

I would say full production in 3-4 months roughly. Server images are not hard to load - that is what they were made to do. Setting up a long term infrastructure takes longer but that is why you have a Beta period to work out the bugs.

Amen.

Azrael.

Klendarin

• Underling
« Reply #3698 on: October 16, 2014, 07:21:25 PM »
Justice was my home.  :)

Also, the community college where I work is throwing a costume contest for Halloween.

It hit me hard inside when I saw those words yesterday.  :(

Actually, what got me last night was watching the Peanuts Halloween special with the kids and hearing Charlie Brown say "I got a rock..."  The Halloween event was always my favorite.  :(
AKA @Great_Cthulhu, Kelvoro, Virtue Server

MM3squints

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3699 on: October 16, 2014, 07:41:57 PM »
Actually, what got me last night was watching the Peanuts Halloween special with the kids and hearing Charlie Brown say "I got a rock..."  The Halloween event was always my favorite.  :(

Funniest thing I did with a group I was in was a STF, everyone had a "Rock" temp power and we got LR low enough and everyone threw a rock at him killing him. Then we took that concept into RV and got someone down to near death, BU+Aim and threw rocks at them taking them out.