Author Topic: And the mask comes off.  (Read 1748839 times)

Remaugen

• Elite Boss
  • Android Clan of One
Re: And the mask comes off.
« Reply #3620 on: October 14, 2014, 04:40:11 AM »
I was really holding out for a Halloween launch, but that's looking less likely as each day passes. *sigh*
We're almost there!  ;D

The RNG hates me.

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3621 on: October 14, 2014, 04:41:37 AM »
I was really holding out for a Halloween launch, but that's looking less likely as each day passes. *sigh*

I wouldn't expect a launch until sometime after the announcement the game was coming back.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Sinistar

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3622 on: October 14, 2014, 05:59:22 AM »

If they announced tomorrow that the game was coming back, I wouldn't expect it back online until 2015.
In fearful COH-less days
In Raging COH-less nights
With Strong Hearts Full, we shall UNITE!
When all seems lost in the effort to bring CoH back to life,
Look to Cyberspace, where HOPE burns bright!

Rejolt

• Elite Boss
  • Infinity Server 2005-2012
« Reply #3623 on: October 14, 2014, 11:09:32 AM »
Oct 2nd Proof Accepted ?? Who reported this.. if its not Downix, Im not taking it as news at this point.

From Iron Wolf's big thread, the first post gets updated. Most recently:

UPDATE October 2 2014:

Proof of developer viability was submitted and accepted. The ball is in NCsoft's court while they assess the group's expertise and backing. No news is good news.

(Update Oct 10: No change.)

That's it for the post. It just means one more step in the process.
Rejolt Industries LLC is now a thing. Woo!

pinballdave

• Elite Boss
  • I am the player formerly known as Psylenz
« Reply #3624 on: October 14, 2014, 01:56:45 PM »
I am not sure when NCSoft's fiscal year end is, but I hope they squeeze out some extra 4th quarter earnings with the sale of CoX IP.

Nyx Nought Nothing

• New Efforts # 11,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • Ha!
« Reply #3625 on: October 14, 2014, 03:45:05 PM »
I am not sure when NCSoft's fiscal year end is, but I hope they squeeze out some extra 4th quarter earnings with the sale of CoX IP.
i like this line of thought. Hopefully NCsoft does as well.
So far so good. Onward and upward!

High_Beam

• Underling
    • Babes of War
« Reply #3626 on: October 14, 2014, 07:00:55 PM »
<Briefly comes back into phase in the far reaches of the Shard, a faint voice tugging at her>

What?

Blackshear

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3627 on: October 14, 2014, 07:22:31 PM »

I think they just go by the calendar year, but don't quote me.

Dev7on

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3628 on: October 14, 2014, 07:59:10 PM »
From Iron Wolf's big thread, the first post gets updated. Most recently:

UPDATE October 2 2014:

Proof of developer viability was submitted and accepted. The ball is in NCsoft's court while they assess the group's expertise and backing. No news is good news.

(Update Oct 10: No change.)

That's it for the post. It just means one more step in the process.

Really?! They're on their last process of getting City of Heroes back?! Well it's about time they finally made it to the last step of TFHM. All we have to do is wait for the official announcements of City of Heroes return or not? (Which I hope it does!) #SaveCoH!!!! :D
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 08:06:11 PM by Dev7on »

KennonGL

• Boss
« Reply #3629 on: October 14, 2014, 08:10:36 PM »
Really?! They're on their last process of getting City of Heroes back?! Well it's about time they finally made it to the last step of TFHM. All we have to do is wait for the official announcements of City of Heroes return or not? (Which I hope it does!) #SaveCoH!!!! :D

You read too much into that statement.  What was meant was -- One more step in getting CoH back has been taken.  Not that there was only one more step left.

FourSpeed

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3630 on: October 14, 2014, 08:11:51 PM »
There's not likely to be much update over the holiday season. NCSoft is likely very, very busy right now dealing with other things... and we're a low-priority matter as far as they're concerned.

So, basically, check back in January then?

Quote from: Sinistar
If they announced tomorrow that the game was coming back, I wouldn't expect it back online until 2015.

Yeah ... January...  I'm not sensing anything here in time for Christmas...  Oh well...

In the meantime, GL with the negotiations, Downix, et al.

Regards,

Dev7on

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3631 on: October 14, 2014, 08:42:44 PM »
You read too much into that statement.  What was meant was -- One more step in getting CoH back has been taken.  Not that there was only one more step left.

??? What? I don't understand what you're trying to say.... Can somebody help me explain what the update is talking about so I can understand it better?

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3632 on: October 14, 2014, 08:49:50 PM »
NCSoft has set up steps to validate that the company managing the IP and running the game can do so.

So far they have accepted each step. If they don't then hopefully they would allow another effort to improve or change whatever NCSoft wasn't happy with. To us each bit of news we live and die on - to NCSoft it is selling something they don't want anyways and don't want to spend a lot of resources on.

Perspective.

We say - gimme, gimme, gimme - they say hey, Chen from the mail room will take your information and we will get back to you. We have their attention now and it is being worked - just slowly, in all honesty it might be that a year end tax thing or blip of cash that pushes up the bottom line is the thing that makes them hurry a bit.

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #3633 on: October 14, 2014, 08:51:11 PM »
??? What? I don't understand what you're trying to say.... Can somebody help me explain what the update is talking about so I can understand it better?

NCSoft asked for proof that Nate's group had the ability to actually develop something, and weren't just a bunch of internet yahoos talking a big game with no follow-through.

Nate's group provided something, presumably a tech demo of some sort, or possibly a proposed business plan.

NCSoft said "Ok, that's good enough. We won't outright ignore you. You may continue making your proposal."

Jorge Firebomb

• Minion
« Reply #3634 on: October 14, 2014, 08:53:34 PM »
I am skeptical that whatever amount of money is under discussion for this transaction is enough to matter much to NCSoft. This is an IP that has been dormant for two years and they probably have no interest in working with in the future, and it's not like this is a mega corp like EA working on the purchase. The numbers are almost certainly trivial compared to everything else NCSoft is involved in.

Talon Blue

• Minion
« Reply #3635 on: October 14, 2014, 08:58:55 PM »
I think they just go by the calendar year, but don't quote me.

I haven't been able to find their Q3 as of yet, their Q2 was announced in August, so I think it is save to assume their Q4 runs through into 2015.

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3636 on: October 14, 2014, 09:04:28 PM »
I am skeptical that whatever amount of money is under discussion for this transaction is enough to matter much to NCSoft. This is an IP that has been dormant for two years and they probably have no interest in working with in the future, and it's not like this is a mega corp like EA working on the purchase. The numbers are almost certainly trivial compared to everything else NCSoft is involved in.

I agree that to us money is not our focus - to NCSoft it is the primary focus - make the games people want to buy, period.

Dev7on

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3637 on: October 14, 2014, 11:30:18 PM »
NCSoft asked for proof that Nate's group had the ability to actually develop something, and weren't just a bunch of internet yahoos talking a big game with no follow-through.

Nate's group provided something, presumably a tech demo of some sort, or possibly a proposed business plan.

NCSoft said "Ok, that's good enough. We won't outright ignore you. You may continue making your proposal."

Ok, now I understand. Thanks for explaining that to me. Codewalker and Ironwolf.

pinballdave

• Elite Boss
  • I am the player formerly known as Psylenz
« Reply #3638 on: October 15, 2014, 12:19:32 AM »
I haven't been able to find their Q3 as of yet, their Q2 was announced in August, so I think it is save to assume their Q4 runs through into 2015.

It would not be terribly unusual to announce the Q2 June 30 earning in August. My accounting sensibilities would say that NCSoft might want a thin wafer of revenue from the CoH IP sale to pad the 4th qtr in December. But if they DO announce in late December, it would be awhile before we had a playable CoH Legacy.

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #3639 on: October 15, 2014, 12:22:27 AM »
never give up never surrender :D
Tome it does not look like that, in fact I remember a saying that might help, "good things happen to those who wait." I have learned this at some great expense of my blood pressure, but everyday does get easier :)
One day the Phoenix will rise again.