Author Topic: And the mask comes off.  (Read 1749056 times)

Noyjitat

• Elite Boss
  • Guess who cares?
Re: And the mask comes off.
« Reply #3400 on: October 03, 2014, 11:03:20 PM »
You don't like incarnate trials yes I GET IT! But name calling and putting people in stereotypes just because you don't like the content they enjoy is ignorant.

Nyx Nought Nothing

• New Efforts # 11,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • Ha!
« Reply #3401 on: October 03, 2014, 11:42:07 PM »
Personally, I really like "City of Heroes: Resurgence" 

It not only fits, perfectly, something about picking up right where we left off seems like a tribute to the old Devs.  Issue 24, the issue they were almost finished with, was going to be called Resurgence.  I think calling the new game Resurgence as a tribute to them would be nice.
Quite. APR being renamed City of Heroes: Resurgence if things work out is ideal on very many levels. Now we just need to have it happen.
So far so good. Onward and upward!

Cailyn Alaynn

• Elite Boss
  • Never give in.
« Reply #3402 on: October 03, 2014, 11:47:08 PM »
I want City of Heroes: Tacos Tuesday
That would be City of Heroes: Tanker Tuesday.
"Let's get dangerous..."
Lead Developer and Master of Mischief - Revival Project.
Revival website: APR.Pc-Logix.com

Cailyn Alaynn

• Elite Boss
  • Never give in.
« Reply #3403 on: October 03, 2014, 11:47:39 PM »
Fact is that CoH was such a large and constantly expanding game that things like a "true" expansion to a CoH 2 was never needed.

It's something that was planned... Mainly so they could get away from the old codebase. Heh.
"Let's get dangerous..."
Lead Developer and Master of Mischief - Revival Project.
Revival website: APR.Pc-Logix.com

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3404 on: October 03, 2014, 11:50:39 PM »

If City of heroes 2 took place in Albuquerque, Taco Tuesday would be fin- hmmm, actually maybe not(for the record I do live there now).  Tanker and Taco Tuesday?
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Nyx Nought Nothing

• New Efforts # 11,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • Ha!
« Reply #3405 on: October 03, 2014, 11:53:11 PM »
You don't like incarnate trials yes I GET IT! But name calling and putting people in stereotypes just because you don't like the content they enjoy is ignorant.
Yeah, the whole false dichotomy of "either you ran Incarnate content or were a worthwhile human being who played lower level content and associated with newer players" is exactly that. Many of us did both. Any given day when i logged in there was an equal chance i'd be playing a lower level alt and teaming up with anyone who asked or running an ITF, LGTF or iTrial or randomly trying things to see what happens. Frequently i'd be playing both higher and lower level content in the same session. To me every aspect of the game was a source of entertainment. i wasn't always laughing with the other members of the team, but i was generally laughing.
So far so good. Onward and upward!

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3406 on: October 03, 2014, 11:57:08 PM »
Yeah, the whole false dichotomy of "either you ran Incarnate content or were a worthwhile human being who played lower level content and associated with newer players" is exactly that. Many of us did both. Any given day when i logged in there was an equal chance i'd be playing a lower level alt and teaming up with anyone who asked or running an ITF, LGTF or iTrial or randomly trying things to see what happens. Frequently i'd be playing both higher and lower level content in the same session. To me every aspect of the game was a source of entertainment. i wasn't always laughing with the other members of the team, but i was generally laughing.

Yeah I did both myself....The only Itrial I actually dispised was the underground Itrial, but the others I enjoyed playing them fully.  I actually hated how people didn't play the full Magistrum Itrial, because it's not a bad trial and it's not that much longer.  But people just wanted to unlock the slot :/.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

ivanhedgehog

• New Efforts # 25,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3407 on: October 04, 2014, 12:25:22 AM »
I want City of Heroes: Tacos Tuesday

The great fred likes tacos

Rejolt

• Elite Boss
  • Infinity Server 2005-2012
« Reply #3408 on: October 04, 2014, 12:34:37 AM »
City of Heroes: Freeem Forever
Rejolt Industries LLC is now a thing. Woo!

ukaserex

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3409 on: October 04, 2014, 12:48:34 AM »
My only concern was that it seemed like the incarnate trials were starting to pull the veterans away from L1-L50 content and into the post-50s, to the detriment of the younger section of community.

This is an interesting perspective. I think, in part, it depended on your server. I think I can safely say that there were some groups of players who played exclusive of all others - i.e. SG only, or family only, that kind of thing. I'd met a few of them in game while at the market and other places. I came across one who wanted to do incarnate stuff,  but none of his SG mates wanted to - mainly because they were F2P and couldn't. In fact, I think there were a lot of players who didn't do incarnate content because they found sub-50 levels to be fun enough, so why pay money? I raise this point because in a lot of cases, the detriment of the younger section of community (if there was one) was because they were unwilling to sub. Perhaps, if the option to sub were not an option, they might have continued to pay - I can't say, as I never got a look at the accounting.

As for those who were subbed and simply didn't enjoy the incarnate content, what would you have had those of us who did enjoy iTrials do? Stop doing them, team with the lowbies so they could catch up in level, and then roll another alt and start over?

In my case, I played the lower level characters during the day and the incarnate level characters in the evenings. On Liberty, evenings were about the only times you could get enough people to show up so that was the pattern of play I used.

I do want to say that I did see a....divide, if you will, of players who did iTrials, and other players who just didn't like them for whatever reason. They weren't right or wrong, just different. The same goes the other way. Those who liked iTrials weren't right or wrong, just different.
Those who have no idea what they are doing genuinely have no idea that they don't know what they're doing. - John Cleese

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3410 on: October 04, 2014, 12:49:52 AM »
The great fred likes tacos

I'm rather spoiled when it comes to tacos.  They have to be of real quality :).  And I espeecialy enjoy Carne Asada.

Blackstar5

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3411 on: October 04, 2014, 12:58:57 AM »
Lots of people liked the Itrials, I myself wasn't fond of them due to the fact that I was more of a solo/Small team player, did I fault the peeps that loved Itrials? No. Did they fault me? Sometimes when I would respond to and invite with "No thanks , soloing".

ivanhedgehog

• New Efforts # 25,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3412 on: October 04, 2014, 01:59:08 AM »

tankers are tough and dont go well with salsa. so that wouldnt work very well

ivanhedgehog

• New Efforts # 25,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3413 on: October 04, 2014, 02:01:24 AM »
I know the feeling. I had 34 50's not counting all the alts at lower levels..I loved leveling. I loved croatoa. and striga...and a lot of other places.so it was a tossup as to what i would be playing

Lupur

• Minion
« Reply #3414 on: October 04, 2014, 02:13:45 AM »
On Justice there were days where it seemed that 80% of the population were on 50s.. yet no-one was doing any iTrials or even lvl 50 content lol.

Other days, you were hard pressed to find anyone not in a trial or one of the lvl 50 TFs / SFs.

Most of the folks I played with had at least a couple of toons on Rogue / Vigilante specifically so they could do all the content with anyone.

We once had 5x +4 ITF's happening at once, racing for completion.. it was a long night since only the tanks were 50 >.<

I guess on smaller, more casual servers it was more a case of whoever expresses a good idea first generally sets the theme for the night / day.

Generally folks were pretty outspoken in the custom channels, so you could always find someone doing what you felt like doing. it was just funny watching almost the whole server Zerg DA / Pocket D seemingly out of nowhere :P

Basically.. as long as you're willing to play with different folks, and the custom server channels are advertised well enough, I can't imagine that the iTrials would affect your play all that much, whatever you're gunning for.
Carpe Diem!                  .
Seize the Carp!   .
                        <><

tripthicket

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3415 on: October 04, 2014, 02:16:14 AM »
I kinda like City of Heroes: Fred

Methinks I hear a Hero Games 5th Rules Edition fan...  ;)

Zombie Hustler

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3416 on: October 04, 2014, 02:59:08 AM »
I actually hated how people didn't play the full Magistrum Itrial, because it's not a bad trial and it's not that much longer.  But people just wanted to unlock the slot :/.

This sort of annoyed me, too. I rarely teamed, because I preferred to solo, but I did like running in iTrials now and again (mostly for the iXP, but also to see the story content there- or try to). I only ever got past the first part of the Magisterium Trial one time, but by then, so many people had dropped, that we didn't stand a chance against the Bosses, and never made it to Cole. (We did take out everyone, IIRC, except for Chimera and Nega-Pendragon.)

Battlechimp

• Boss
« Reply #3417 on: October 04, 2014, 04:12:25 AM »
This sort of annoyed me, too. I rarely teamed, because I preferred to solo, but I did like running in iTrials now and again (mostly for the iXP, but also to see the story content there- or try to). I only ever got past the first part of the Magisterium Trial one time, but by then, so many people had dropped, that we didn't stand a chance against the Bosses, and never made it to Cole. (We did take out everyone, IIRC, except for Chimera and Nega-Pendragon.)

I was in the same boat.  Almost every single time I joined a Magisterium trial that before it started they were saying  "This is a full run run attempt, just want to be sure everyone is in for the long run". Everyone one would go, sure, yeah, whole thing.  Then once the kill lots part was over, half the league would quit anyways.  Got annoying after a while.

Some men were born to greatness, others had it thrust upon them.  Me?  I punted. - Col Cranston Snord

Blow things up! Blow things up! Blow things up! Blo... wait, not that!! - Jammers everywhen

Power Gamer

• Elite Boss
  • Reaching troubled youth...one Hellion at a time!
« Reply #3418 on: October 04, 2014, 04:22:47 AM »
Trolls come in all sorts.
It takes a village to raise a child. And it takes a villain to explain the value of lunch money.

-Random CoHer: "Why does the sky turn green during Rikti invasions?"
-Me:"Rikti Monkey farts"
-Random CoHer: "I'm going to you for all my questions from now on!"

Pep Rally

• Boss
« Reply #3419 on: October 04, 2014, 05:07:56 AM »

As a representative of Tanker Tuesday, I'm okay with sharing Tuesday with Tacos...as well as nachos, burritos, and margaritas for that matter.