Author Topic: And the mask comes off.  (Read 1748900 times)

Ankhammon

• Elite Boss
Re: And the mask comes off.
« Reply #2700 on: September 21, 2014, 12:27:42 AM »
Cant' say I did.  Did you know that I once discovered a new status condition?  If you Terrorized someone and put them in the tremble stance, then stunned them, the critter would sometimes just start walking slowly away in a straight line.  I called this state "Oblivious" because they could not even be taunted out of that mode until it wore off.

Fear + Disorient = Oblivious.  Strangely, that actually makes sense; it actually happens in horror movies.

That makes it official. I will be making a Dark/Nrg Dom if the game returns.

That sounds worth it to me.
Cogito, Ergo... eh?

Ankhammon

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2701 on: September 21, 2014, 12:31:07 AM »
Too bad you got rid of the PhD part, it was worth saving.  I deal with that on a daily basis and fully agree.  Letters after your name don't make you infallible.

Argghhh... must control impulse to make an alt named Elmr PhD.
Cogito, Ergo... eh?

Rejolt

• Elite Boss
  • Infinity Server 2005-2012
« Reply #2702 on: September 21, 2014, 12:47:43 AM »
That makes it official. I will be making a Dark/Nrg Dom if the game returns.

That sounds worth it to me.

Arcanabilivious?

Obliville?

Obshadious?

Horror Movie Karma Monster?
Rejolt Industries LLC is now a thing. Woo!

Sinistar

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2703 on: September 21, 2014, 12:47:46 AM »
Mastermind pets had notoriously bad AI.  Shame they were never able to fix that, but then the AT probably would have been even more stupid overpowered than it already was.

Be glad that mastermind pets never had the power to merge into a gestalt.
In fearful COH-less days
In Raging COH-less nights
With Strong Hearts Full, we shall UNITE!
When all seems lost in the effort to bring CoH back to life,
Look to Cyberspace, where HOPE burns bright!

pinballdave

• Elite Boss
  • I am the player formerly known as Psylenz
« Reply #2704 on: September 21, 2014, 12:49:58 AM »
When the game comes back, not if, I will remake my original stormy in a Storm/Water blast - so powerful

MM3squints

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2705 on: September 21, 2014, 12:53:29 AM »
Arcanabilivious?

Obliville?

Obshadious?

Horror Movie Karma Monster?

Monster Under the Bed?

Infernal Spawn of Evil? (and make it look like the card)

Baja

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2706 on: September 21, 2014, 01:21:11 AM »
Mastermind pets had notoriously bad AI.  Shame they were never able to fix that, but then the AT probably would have been even more stupid overpowered than it already was.

I think ninjas/mercs were the worst. I could very well be wrong, but in my personal experience these two would go apeshit any chance they got. Bots were great to me, rarely did I have a problem with them.

adarict

• Boss
« Reply #2707 on: September 21, 2014, 01:29:15 AM »
I think ninjas/mercs were the worst. I could very well be wrong, but in my personal experience these two would go apeshit any chance they got. Bots were great to me, rarely did I have a problem with them.

I never had any real trouble with the AI on my bots, but ninjas were horrible. They always acted like their AI was set to "attack the target unless you see a squirrel"

I didn't play masterminds often. Did zombies, they didn't seem bad. My bots was the highest I ever took a mastermind, and I only got to 48. I had 2 ninjas though, and they never seemed to focus on what I wanted them to. One glitch I saw numerous times that made me giggle, was if I knocked a target over like some boxes or something, my ninjas would stand in front of the boxes and just jump up and down. Wouldn't go over or around it, just kept jumping straight up over and over.

darkgob

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2708 on: September 21, 2014, 01:37:13 AM »

Bots were great but they loved to run into melee and spam Brawl, which was especially troubling on a /Dark MM since the heal is PBAoE.

brothermutant

• New Efforts # 14,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2709 on: September 21, 2014, 01:47:46 AM »
I hear ninjas were spazzes that did melee all the time. Bots were great and so were my mercs, pack animals were ok. Never got into thugs for long, and I never tried the demons or the undead. All of them I used had AI issues where I would have to click the follow me on passive macro a TON to get them to leave crap alone.

Baja

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2710 on: September 21, 2014, 01:54:04 AM »
I hear ninjas were spazzes that did melee all the time. Bots were great and so were my mercs, pack animals were ok. Never got into thugs for long, and I never tried the demons or the undead. All of them I used had AI issues where I would have to click the follow me on passive macro a TON to get them to leave crap alone.

I ended up macro'ing follow me to a side mouse button for this reason alone :P

brothermutant

• New Efforts # 14,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2711 on: September 21, 2014, 02:08:52 AM »
My staple macros were:

FORT (They would go to where I click and stay in defensive stance); SORTI (Go where I click and be aggressive); ATTK (attack my target); FOLO (Follow me on Defensive so I get to split dmg to them); PASS (follow me on Passive). I did it with the WHOLE group of them so I didn't have the fine control I saw so many great MMs employ, but I was getting there.

If I had my way, I would have the three BEST minions go fight and leave the three lil ones to follow me on defensive to keep some protection when I needed it and also have a way to split those three hi and three low ones to two separate points to fight (to get a lil cross fire going AND to keep the AoEs from killing them all in a hot minute).

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2712 on: September 21, 2014, 03:10:38 AM »
I am hopeful I can make a bots/time mastermind again.  That was a character that was becoming quite a powerhouse.  It was quite challenging to keep her and her squad of robots alive, even more-so in the dreaded lambda trial that masterminds struggled with, due to the slow moving nature of the beast that is commanding a small army.  But it was fun, it had a "slow but truely unstoppable" feel to the class, and I liked that.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Power Gamer

• Elite Boss
  • Reaching troubled youth...one Hellion at a time!
« Reply #2713 on: September 21, 2014, 03:16:45 AM »
bots were my fav MM set.
It takes a village to raise a child. And it takes a villain to explain the value of lunch money.

-Random CoHer: "Why does the sky turn green during Rikti invasions?"
-Me:"Rikti Monkey farts"
-Random CoHer: "I'm going to you for all my questions from now on!"

Sinistar

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2714 on: September 21, 2014, 03:25:48 AM »
bots were my fav MM set.

Same here, tried the others and didn't like them. Even demons.
In fearful COH-less days
In Raging COH-less nights
With Strong Hearts Full, we shall UNITE!
When all seems lost in the effort to bring CoH back to life,
Look to Cyberspace, where HOPE burns bright!

Teikiatsu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2715 on: September 21, 2014, 03:28:17 AM »
But it dose make your name sound better :P. Look at Stephen Colbert.
Her Excellency The Rev. Sir Doctor Stephen Tyrone Mos Def Colbert, D.F.A., Heavyweight Champion of the World✱✱ featuring Flo Rida La Premiere Dame De France

Esquire
Virtue Server - Main: Midnight Lightning Dark/Elec/Psi Defender

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfKUPgy_xH8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EitO6Wq_9A

Teikiatsu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2716 on: September 21, 2014, 03:31:48 AM »
Cant' say I did.  Did you know that I once discovered a new status condition?  If you Terrorized someone and put them in the tremble stance, then stunned them, the critter would sometimes just start walking slowly away in a straight line.  I called this state "Oblivious" because they could not even be taunted out of that mode until it wore off.

Fear + Disorient = Oblivious.  Strangely, that actually makes sense; it actually happens in horror movies.

I liked it when I hit them with Sleep then Stun, and they stumbled towards me.  Made my job solo'ing with my Sonic/Elec blapper so much easier.

amrobinson

• Lord Spittle
  • Lieutenant
  • Thermal Bloom
« Reply #2717 on: September 21, 2014, 03:33:20 AM »
Champions is my all time favorite tabletop superhero game due to the enormous flexibility and customization of characters, so i'm slightly familiar with it. (Although i haven't actually played the game since a bit after 5th Edition was released.) As i recall most of the original CoH devs were also big Champions fans. Now for standard fantasy games i usually play D20 based games, mostly a 3.5 game set in the Forgotten Realms at the moment, but i've played a lot of non-D20 games.

George MacDonald, one of the three developers of Champions, actually worked on CoH for a while.
Sadly, he would never share game secrets with me. :'(
"I'm sorry, did you want to be set on fire as well?" - Dark Malice, 50+ Fire/Dark Corruptor
- Freedom, Champion servers

Teikiatsu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2718 on: September 21, 2014, 03:35:10 AM »

I hated the random KB in Robot laser blasts.  LASERS.  Those stupid things broke up the team I had with my wife's Plant/Energy dom :(

Power Gamer

• Elite Boss
  • Reaching troubled youth...one Hellion at a time!
« Reply #2719 on: September 21, 2014, 03:38:51 AM »
Same here, tried the others and didn't like them. Even demons.

Yeah, the demons talked back to much. Had to fire them.
It takes a village to raise a child. And it takes a villain to explain the value of lunch money.

-Random CoHer: "Why does the sky turn green during Rikti invasions?"
-Me:"Rikti Monkey farts"
-Random CoHer: "I'm going to you for all my questions from now on!"