Author Topic: And the mask comes off.  (Read 1750158 times)

bugzee

Re: And the mask comes off.
« Reply #1960 on: September 11, 2014, 04:34:24 AM »
I love that this is called the "Irish Girl route". Which is totally accurate lol.

One of my biggest concerns with VO is finding voices that fit Signature Characters... Who sounds good as Statesman? Does Sister Psyche sound cheesy?
One good one could go a long way to changing my mind, if people are that interested.

I have a contact in hollywood who says he can get Steven Wright to do all the voice overs for the APR project. He's a big COH fan and already said he's willing to do it.

Remaugen

• Elite Boss
  • Android Clan of One
« Reply #1961 on: September 11, 2014, 04:39:25 AM »
I would bet serious money that somewhere out there, there is a person with saved text from all of the story arcs.

That has to be true, I cannot imagine that the lore bible simply does not exist anymore.

We're almost there!   ;D
We're almost there!  ;D

The RNG hates me.

Harpospoke

• New Efforts # 4,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #1962 on: September 11, 2014, 04:48:34 AM »
We're almost there!   ;D
You're more optimistic than I am, but I'm ok with your optimism because optimism is what drives accomplishment.   The realists and pessimists will not be "foolish" enough to try things which are a "long shot".    The optimists invent the light bulb and fly to the moon.   So there is definitely a place for them.

Power Gamer

• Elite Boss
  • Reaching troubled youth...one Hellion at a time!
« Reply #1963 on: September 11, 2014, 04:53:06 AM »
Well spoken, Harpospoke.
It takes a village to raise a child. And it takes a villain to explain the value of lunch money.

-Random CoHer: "Why does the sky turn green during Rikti invasions?"
-Me:"Rikti Monkey farts"
-Random CoHer: "I'm going to you for all my questions from now on!"

Zombie Hustler

• Elite Boss
« Reply #1964 on: September 11, 2014, 04:53:14 AM »
I have a contact in hollywood who says he can get Steven Wright to do all the voice overs for the APR project. He's a big COH fan and already said he's willing to do it.

I'm trying to imagine who would be the best character for Steven Wright's voice- for some reason, Arbiter Sands comes to mind.

Nyx Nought Nothing

• New Efforts # 11,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • Ha!
« Reply #1965 on: September 11, 2014, 04:55:24 AM »
That has to be true, I cannot imagine that the lore bible simply does not exist anymore.

We're almost there!   ;D
Only a minimum of two months to go compared to the billions of years that CoH didn't exist. Even if CoH comes back in ten years it'll be less than an eye blink compared to the lifespan of the universe!
We're almost there!
So far so good. Onward and upward!

Shard

• Lieutenant
    • City of Titans
« Reply #1966 on: September 11, 2014, 04:56:34 AM »
Are you saying "Theoretically no" to the "Would it be limited?" question, or the "would it be able to license CCG, novel, etc.?" question? If it's the former, great! I am super excited to see things like CCG expansion, MOBA, comics / novels, etc. If you're saying "no" to the latter question, why would that be the case?

Essentially. But again, any contractual obligations required by NCSoft are far from hammered out, assuming anything new ever happens in the negotiatians.

Additionally, who are you? I'm curious - your sig indicates you're with MWM, and your posts indicate you may have knowledge of the negotiations, but you've never been officially introduced in these threads.

I do a little bit of everything for MWM.  I'm frequently plan B. :)

[edit] Trim better, ya nutter
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 05:13:25 AM by Shard »
Missing Worlds Media - Lead Pain in the .. well everything.

Harpospoke

• New Efforts # 4,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #1967 on: September 11, 2014, 04:57:39 AM »
I had a stalker called "justablaster". I would yell "Dont mind me, Im just a blaster"
It's stuff like that which really makes me want to log in again.  :D

Cailyn Alaynn

• Elite Boss
  • Never give in.
« Reply #1968 on: September 11, 2014, 04:57:51 AM »
I'm trying to imagine who would be the best character for Steven Wright's voice- for some reason, Arbiter Sands comes to mind.

This is prolly going to sound really bad...but...who is Steven Wright?
"Let's get dangerous..."
Lead Developer and Master of Mischief - Revival Project.
Revival website: APR.Pc-Logix.com

Shard

• Lieutenant
    • City of Titans
« Reply #1969 on: September 11, 2014, 04:58:45 AM »
I just pictured a SG where every character has the same name.   That would crack me up...the creative potential of this community would take that and run with it, I'm betting.

I'd go with the Le Thuys if pulling that gag....

Harpospoke

• New Efforts # 4,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #1970 on: September 11, 2014, 05:05:20 AM »
A guy with Larry's hairstyle from the 3 Stooges with a monotone voice.   Funny stand-up comedian.   Played "the guy on the couch" in Half Baked.

Shard

• Lieutenant
    • City of Titans
« Reply #1971 on: September 11, 2014, 05:06:16 AM »
I would like too see support for Linux user's in 1.5 and or 2.0. I know this can not happen in the i.23 ver. thanks to all that are making this a possible.

UE4 supports this and at least so far, it hasn't been a problem so long as you are running a setup that is very similar to a SteamOS box.  I keep an image of it up and periodically pull the current build over there to make sure it's still working.  Doesn't do so good on my Fedora rig, on the other hand. Haven't spent much time sorting out why as of yet - it's sort of a bonus target platform rather than a priority right now.

I'm inclined to think, however, anyone who's adamant about their main box being Linux will have minimal trouble coping with a dualboot Steam setup so long as they don't have a philsophical opposition to Steam.

Remaugen

• Elite Boss
  • Android Clan of One
« Reply #1972 on: September 11, 2014, 05:07:39 AM »

*Gasp!*  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5ErMolRE8M

I was unaware that there were adults who did not know Steven Wright  :o . . .

We're almost there!   ;D
We're almost there!  ;D

The RNG hates me.

Cailyn Alaynn

• Elite Boss
  • Never give in.
« Reply #1973 on: September 11, 2014, 05:11:01 AM »
UE4 supports this and at least so far, it hasn't been a problem so long as you are running a setup that is very similar to a SteamOS box.  I keep an image of it up and periodically pull the current build over there to make sure it's still working.  Doesn't do so good on my Fedora rig, on the other hand. Haven't spent much time sorting out why as of yet - it's sort of a bonus target platform rather than a priority right now.
I'm inclined to think, however, anyone who's adamant about their main box being Linux will have minimal trouble coping with a dualboot Steam setup so long as they don't have a philsophical opposition to Steam.

If CoT runs on it, then Revival should as well. I don't use Linux, nor have the experience with it to test and troubleshoot for it. At some point I'll see about grabbing up someone who does, which I'll be having to do for OSX as well anyways.
Windows -> OSX -> Linux. My OS chain of priorities.
"Let's get dangerous..."

Shard

• Lieutenant
    • City of Titans
« Reply #1974 on: September 11, 2014, 05:11:20 AM »
Actually, Irish Girl, Downix... Nate made reference to APR getting an instance of the CoT code to build CoH1.5 -- could you folks elaborate on what you're thinking about that? 

As I understood it, CoT was not going to be a direct copy of the power sets, AT's and gameplay of CoH, so what would be involved in modding the CoT game to be CoH 1.5  -- how close are you thinking you could come considering the differences? And would that actually be less work than creating the entire game mechanic from scratch?

The underlying power system in CoT is largely a freeform system that will be used (internally ) to construct the externally exposed powersets.  By that token, the CoH powersets would be similarly constructed and presented.  There will likely have to be some adjustments with probabilities, but that should be the majority of the conversion. We planned ahead.

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #1975 on: September 11, 2014, 05:14:01 AM »
Nice...I did the same thing.   One of the costumes of my avatar actually.

I think a lot of Illusion controllers did this.  I know I did.

Cailyn Alaynn

• Elite Boss
  • Never give in.
« Reply #1976 on: September 11, 2014, 05:16:13 AM »
*Gasp!*  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5ErMolRE8M
I was unaware that there were adults who did not know Steven Wright  :o . . .
We're almost there!   ;D

Prolly one of those "before my time" kind of things. lol

"My birth certificate has an expiration date" lmao.
"Let's get dangerous..."

downix

• Phoenix Project Technical Lead
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #1977 on: September 11, 2014, 05:17:09 AM »
Actually, Irish Girl, Downix... Nate made reference to APR getting an instance of the CoT code to build CoH1.5 -- could you folks elaborate on what you're thinking about that? 
MWM was planning on offering stripped down framework versions of various systems on the Unreal marketplace anyways, to cover a variety of system we need to build which other games may be able to use, like the costume building blueprints. A way to shortcut a lot of development time.

For the rest, Shard did a solid job explaining.

Cailyn Alaynn

• Elite Boss
  • Never give in.
« Reply #1978 on: September 11, 2014, 05:23:18 AM »
There will likely have to be some adjustments with probabilities, but that should be the majority of the conversion. We planned ahead.

The MWM folks are crazy planny. I'm pretty sure they'd already planned that APR would use their codebase before I knew who/what a "Downix" even is.
"Let's get dangerous..."

Shard

• Lieutenant
    • City of Titans
« Reply #1979 on: September 11, 2014, 05:41:33 AM »
The MWM folks are crazy planny. I'm pretty sure they'd already planned that APR would use their codebase before I knew who/what a "Downix" even is.

I can neither confirm nor deny that was a consideration....<cough>