Author Topic: And the mask comes off.  (Read 1748771 times)

sweatcake66

• Underling
Re: And the mask comes off.
« Reply #1920 on: September 11, 2014, 12:11:13 AM »
I would like too see support for Linux user's in 1.5 and or 2.0. I know this can not happen in the i.23 ver. thanks to all that are making this a possible.

Zombie Hustler

• Elite Boss
« Reply #1921 on: September 11, 2014, 12:17:54 AM »
Server instances definitely ran on multiple hosting servers, but that doesn't mean it would be impossible to run on a single server.  In fact, if you think the servers were virtualized then its definitely possible to migrate a set of virtual servers to a single computer and play it.  The single computer just has to be fast enough to handle the load you want to host, which for a small enough number of players would not be difficult.

Woohoo! You mean I could solo CoH on my home PC forever?  :D

Pherdnut

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1922 on: September 11, 2014, 12:57:04 AM »
I would like too see support for Linux user's in 1.5 and or 2.0. I know this can not happen in the i.23 ver. thanks to all that are making this a possible.

Looks like more than just talk to me. I mean they got the silly thing running in Mozilla with asm.js

https://www.unrealengine.com/blog/unreal-engine-4-and-linux

Cailyn Alaynn

• Elite Boss
  • Never give in.
« Reply #1923 on: September 11, 2014, 01:17:02 AM »

Revival will probably end up running on just about anything that Unreal Engine 4 support. Which is pretty much anything short of dishwashers, microwaves, and commadore 64s.
and I'm pretty sure support for Samsung Washing Machines is coming in winter.
"Let's get dangerous..."
Lead Developer and Master of Mischief - Revival Project.
Revival website: APR.Pc-Logix.com

skoogmik

• Minion
« Reply #1924 on: September 11, 2014, 01:19:26 AM »
A question for Irish_Girl,

If the purchase is successful, will you be receiving the IP rights for Issue 24?  I know that
running Issue 24 is out of the question, but it would be nice to able to use the new Issue 24
skeletal motion files and their related power sets in follow up projects.

Keep up the great work.  ;D

Zubenelgenubi

• Minion
« Reply #1925 on: September 11, 2014, 01:21:18 AM »
Completed stories is exactly one of the things that is missing.

Well, badges then. They took literally YEARS to earn. Not fond of the idea of grinding them out again...   :gonk:
--
PROFESSIONAL Astro-Nerd, thankyouverymuchforasking. Livin' in the Wild, Wild West!

"Ewww... Smells like Science in here!" - My Daughter (age 9)

downix

• Phoenix Project Technical Lead
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #1926 on: September 11, 2014, 01:27:49 AM »
Revival will probably end up running on just about anything that Unreal Engine 4 support. Which is pretty much anything short of dishwashers, microwaves, and commadore 64s.
and I'm pretty sure support for Samsung Washing Machines is coming in winter.
Never dis the Commodore.....

(seriously, don't do it, those things are so hackable I'd not be surprised if someone has figured out a way to make it compatible)

Cailyn Alaynn

• Elite Boss
  • Never give in.
« Reply #1927 on: September 11, 2014, 01:35:31 AM »
So try the Irish_Girl route. Just start doing stuff, then some more stuff, and then a crap-ton more stuff and see what comes of it when you start showing it to people. One inspired and very good character VO actor could do an awful lot.

I love that this is called the "Irish Girl route". Which is totally accurate lol.

One of my biggest concerns with VO is finding voices that fit Signature Characters... Who sounds good as Statesman? Does Sister Psyche sound cheesy?
One good one could go a long way to changing my mind, if people are that interested.
"Let's get dangerous..."

Blondeshell

• Elite Boss
« Reply #1928 on: September 11, 2014, 01:38:48 AM »
EDIT: Interesting. Just looked over the Mr. G arc on the Paragonwiki. Looks like it is incomplete- or perhaps the person or persons running it did not have all the villain badges. There was a notable difference in the Crimson Revenant part on that page and what happened when I ran it.

I was documenting those arcs on a copy of my main hero turned villain. While I had all of the villain-side badges, I had not acquired all of the villain-side souvenirs. So it's possible there could have been a discrepancy based on that.

/e shrug

Cailyn Alaynn

• Elite Boss
  • Never give in.
« Reply #1929 on: September 11, 2014, 01:39:18 AM »
A question for Irish_Girl,

If the purchase is successful, will you be receiving the IP rights for Issue 24?  I know that
running Issue 24 is out of the question, but it would be nice to able to use the new Issue 24
skeletal motion files and their related power sets in follow up projects.

Keep up the great work.  ;D

The I.P. is covers everything City of Heroes related. Including anything that would have been in i24.
However, I have no way to access any CoH animations. The deal would not include any of the original development files, and to my knowledge there is no way to convert the games animation files into a usable format.
I bet not even CODEWALKER could do it.
"Let's get dangerous..."

JanessaVR

• New Efforts # 12,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #1930 on: September 11, 2014, 01:39:35 AM »
Well, badges then. They took literally YEARS to earn. Not fond of the idea of grinding them out again...   :gonk:
Oh, surely you look forward to doing a Dr. Quaterfield TF again!  A whole 12 hours of unbridled, pure joy!  :)

Zubenelgenubi

• Minion
« Reply #1931 on: September 11, 2014, 01:41:06 AM »

IF Sentinel was used, Which I'm not supporting. The best bet, I believe, would be to restore character name, inf, level, Bio, and powers/slots. No badges, no costumes.

I understand "no badges" at least in theory - because there are those who take the attitude "if I can't have what that person earned, then he shouldn't have it either." I completely fail to agree with it, but I understand it as a concept.

But why not costumes?
--
PROFESSIONAL Astro-Nerd, thankyouverymuchforasking. Livin' in the Wild, Wild West!

"Ewww... Smells like Science in here!" - My Daughter (age 9)

Cailyn Alaynn

• Elite Boss
  • Never give in.
« Reply #1932 on: September 11, 2014, 01:42:21 AM »
Oh, surely you look forward to doing a Dr. Quaterfield TF again!  A whole 12 hours of unbridled, pure joy!  :)

I *LOVED* Dr. QTF. SO MUCH.
Managed to get one done in like 2 and a half hours once. I think magic was involved.
"Let's get dangerous..."

JanessaVR

• New Efforts # 12,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #1933 on: September 11, 2014, 01:46:09 AM »
Managed to get one done in like 2 and a half hours once. I think magic was involved.
2 and a half hours?!  How the hell did you pull that off?!  It really did take my SG 12 hours to complete that monster.  We finally had to break for sleep and log back in the next day to finish it.  We still tell horror stories about that one...

Cailyn Alaynn

• Elite Boss
  • Never give in.
« Reply #1934 on: September 11, 2014, 01:47:01 AM »
I understand "no badges" at least in theory - because there are those who take the attitude "if I can't have what that person earned, then he shouldn't have it either." I completely fail to agree with it, but I understand it as a concept.
But why not costumes?

For the same reason no badges. It's not about fairness, it would be about prevent bugs/issues.
My idea is based on information from Codewalker talking on the subject.

Sentinel+ only records what the client had access to, which doesn't include a lot of server side flags.
Does character have X costume pieces? Y/N, and so forth.
Badges are more complicated. Having the badge to access Ouroboros wouldn't give you access to the Citadel, the flag does. But the flag is triggered by getting the badge. If you can't get the badge because you already have it...Then you can never gain access to Ouroboros.
Unless I misunderstood something, Which is possible since I stopped paying too much attention after Codewalker said "Not going to work."
"Let's get dangerous..."

Alteran

• Underling
« Reply #1935 on: September 11, 2014, 01:49:44 AM »

Wonder if we were on one together. I went through a bit where I would run one at least once a month. Ahhh good times.

Cailyn Alaynn

• Elite Boss
  • Never give in.
« Reply #1936 on: September 11, 2014, 01:52:21 AM »
2 and a half hours?!  How the hell did you pull that off?!  It really did take my SG 12 hours to complete that monster.  We finally had to break for sleep and log back in the next day to finish it.  We still tell horror stories about that one...
Mainly... a team of people that worked really well together. We were all 50, with decked out characters. My scrapper alone could solo just about AV in the game, and the rest of the team was about equal in strength to myself. We just decided to give it our all. I expected we'd do it in like...8 hours, not 2 and a half...
At least 2 of us were 7.5 year vets at that point...so no lack of experience heh

I really wish I still had the screenshots from the TF...
It was great...We decided to go on and do MoSTF, which we beat. Then MoDrKTF, which we beat. Then I think we finished with an ITF.
Wonder if we were on one together. I went through a bit where I would run one at least once a month. Ahhh good times.
I don't know, I played on Victory. I would have been the angry red head with a giant sword named Irish Girl.
"Let's get dangerous..."

Remaugen

• Elite Boss
  • Android Clan of One
« Reply #1937 on: September 11, 2014, 01:54:31 AM »
Yeah, I've found the "we're almost there" 'signature' to be annoying, because it is not true at all, and may give false hope to people that something will actually happen soon.

Side note: why type it in to every post, and not just add it as a real sig?

It both fascinates and bothers me that anyone cares enough to be annoyed or complain about it or refute it in a signature, and I type it out each time because I like saying it. We ARE almost there compared to where we were before we became aware that these these talks started back in March(?). We are almost there in the sense that I have real hope that things will work as planned and we WILL be there soon. The future is much brighter than it was, darkness is being dispelled by the light at the end of the tunnel and all that other cliched poetic stuff. It's just me being optimistically happy, don't let it bother you, if you don't agree then it's fine that we disagree!

I just pictured a SG where every character has the same name.   That would crack me up...the creative potential of this community would take that and run with it, I'm betting.

On Champion I had an SG and a VG, (House Remaugen and Clan Remaugen on accounts with those globals and a third account Family Remaugen) all of which every one of my toons was named (***) Remaugen, all based off of a storyline from a character in our old Tabletop Mutants and Masterminds game.

We're almost there!   ;D
We're almost there!  ;D

The RNG hates me.

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #1938 on: September 11, 2014, 02:03:42 AM »

Team Transporter.

Pay2Win at its finest.

JanessaVR

• New Efforts # 12,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #1939 on: September 11, 2014, 02:07:20 AM »
Team Transporter.

Pay2Win at its finest.
Sigh...I wish.  We did it before that came out.