Author Topic: And the mask comes off.  (Read 1747894 times)

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
Re: And the mask comes off.
« Reply #1140 on: September 05, 2014, 12:37:29 PM »
For some reason Irishgirl I can't see the verification script to prove I am human, I guess this means I am not a human. well good to know.

I will try on another browser.

Scendera

• Boss
  • Faith Manages.
« Reply #1141 on: September 05, 2014, 12:41:43 PM »
Clearly, you're outed as a wolf!

Cailyn Alaynn

• Elite Boss
  • Never give in.
« Reply #1142 on: September 05, 2014, 12:49:27 PM »
Sorry you're having trouble, Ironwolf. I don't know much about the verification myself, as it's something the web admin set up.
The forums are telling me you're good, So I don't know if you got it to work...or if it's just being dumb.
"Let's get dangerous..."
Lead Developer and Master of Mischief - Revival Project.
Revival website: APR.Pc-Logix.com

Shadowe

• Boss
  • Just don't tell Manticore...
« Reply #1143 on: September 05, 2014, 12:50:43 PM »
Sorry you're having trouble, Ironwolf. I don't know much about the verification myself, as it's something the web admin set up.
The forums are telling me you're good, So I don't know if you got it to work...or if it's just being dumb.

And the moral of the story is...

Don't cry, wolf.
The wisdom of Shadowe: Ghostraptor: The Shadowe is wise ...; FFM: Shadowe is no longer wise. ; Techbot_Alpha: Also, what Shadowe said. It seems he is still somewhat wise ; Bull Throttle: Shadowe was unwise in this instance...; Rock_Powerfist: in this instance Shadowe is wise.; Techbot_Alpha: Shadowe is very wise *nods*; Zortel: *Quotable line about Shadowe being wise goes here.* FFM: I think you're mostly wise in this instance, apart from one part.

Ankhammon

• Elite Boss
« Reply #1144 on: September 05, 2014, 01:04:22 PM »
And the moral of the story is...

Don't cry, wolf.

Ouch.

Cogito, Ergo... eh?

Shadowe

• Boss
« Reply #1145 on: September 05, 2014, 01:10:04 PM »
Sorry. Should probably have something in my profile warning about puns.
The wisdom of Shadowe: Ghostraptor: The Shadowe is wise ...; FFM: Shadowe is no longer wise. ; Techbot_Alpha: Also, what Shadowe said. It seems he is still somewhat wise ; Bull Throttle: Shadowe was unwise in this instance...; Rock_Powerfist: in this instance Shadowe is wise.; Techbot_Alpha: Shadowe is very wise *nods*; Zortel: *Quotable line about Shadowe being wise goes here.* FFM: I think you're mostly wise in this instance, apart from one part.

Ankhammon

• Elite Boss
« Reply #1146 on: September 05, 2014, 01:16:19 PM »
Honestly I think the community is so large, and passionate about the game that no matter what I do, or don't do...someone will be upset. I add a hospital to a zone, Some people will be upset that there's not supposed to be a hospital in that zone. I don't add things, and some players will be upset that I'm not changing enough stuff.
Nature of the beast. You can't be afraid of it though, otherwise you're frozen. You just have to make the decisions that you think will be best for the game, and hopefully...make as many players as happy as possible!

Well, I for one am upset! I was looking over the Oro U4 Video and it's all wrong! The whole place is too clean. When you look at it from distance the whole thing should be blurry!

There are shadows. Stained Glass. Textures. Day and Night? Come on!

:)
Cogito, Ergo... eh?

AlienOne

• HumanZero
  • Elite Boss
  • Resident Kheldian
« Reply #1147 on: September 05, 2014, 01:31:33 PM »
Well, I for one am upset! I was looking over the Oro U4 Video and it's all wrong! The whole place is too clean. When you look at it from distance the whole thing should be blurry!

There are shadows. Stained Glass. Textures. Day and Night? Come on!

:)

Is this more what you were looking for?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQUStLK1tXk

(best viewed in 144p)

:P
"What COH did was to show [developers of other] MMOs what they could be like if they gave up on controlling everything in the game, and just made it something great to play."  - Johnny Joy Bringer

Ankhammon

• Elite Boss
« Reply #1148 on: September 05, 2014, 01:48:36 PM »
Is this more what you were looking for?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQUStLK1tXk

(best viewed in 144p)

:P

Yes!

All I want is my game back.

Cogito, Ergo... eh?

Safehouse

• Elite Boss
  • Sometimes it's harder to let go than to hold on.
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #1149 on: September 05, 2014, 01:50:33 PM »
Head over to the Atlas Park Revival site, register for it, and select the "Game Chat" option, which will open up an IRC chat client.

Thank you! As soon as I'm not at work and can get to my computer I will do this
Name: Safehouse     Origin: Magic
Powers: Energy Blast/Electricity Manipulation/Flame Mastery/Teleportation
Security Level: 50+
Last Seen: Wandering the empty streets of the evacuated Paragon City.

Cailyn Alaynn

• Elite Boss
  • Never give in.
« Reply #1150 on: September 05, 2014, 01:56:14 PM »
I'm honestly not sure if that was sarcasm, or not.
So. I'll...answer...somewhere in between?

Everything shown for Revival should be taken with a big fat "Work in Progress" label. I don't believe I had Depth of Field enabled when I recorded the video, which is what makes far away objects look blurry. I find it annoying when I'm working, so I tend to leave it disabled.
I've added more trees in since this was taken. I still need to build the other floating islands, and add the leaves on the ground...

Ah, well. At least the zone isn't pink.

"Let's get dangerous..."

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #1151 on: September 05, 2014, 01:56:44 PM »
I have moved over to APR for discussions on that game - I will be back and forth to view updates on the Resurgence of CoH 1.0 and efforts to restore that into life.

Honestly we must show a professional, organized front or NCSoft will dismiss us as laughable. We need business plans, we need job assignments and planning for all the various facets of the game. I am not a good organizer - I am a doer. Give me something to do or let me fnd something that needs to be done and I am persistant in doing it. I know personally I can go off the reservation at times and need to be reined in. But I am not afraid of work and won't back off a challenge.

We need the skills of the people here and those to come to get this done.

Cailyn Alaynn

• Elite Boss
  • Never give in.
« Reply #1152 on: September 05, 2014, 02:05:07 PM »
Actually I was wondering if there had been any discussion/thought on creating an APR thread that talks about things like FAQ and possible changes (aesthetic and otherwise) that might come to CoX 1.5. Not so much an APR general discussion (salutes and says "General Discussion) thread, but not a "tell us what you think" thread either. Kind of something in between.

I set something along these lines up over at the APR site.
You can find it here: http://apr.pc-logix.com/index.php?/topic/62-revival-faq-and-discussion/
I'll do my best to answer any questions there as quickly, and thoroughly as I can...As well as adding more information to the top post.
"Let's get dangerous..."

Shadowe

• Boss
« Reply #1153 on: September 05, 2014, 02:07:58 PM »
Well, I was just chatting to IG over at APR and threw out a few project management thoughts for future consideration.

While it's just her doing the work, a lot of that stuff isn't required, but I absolutely agree that this needs full-on project management treatment. Which is not my skillset, though I know a fair bit of theory.

To be quite honest, I'm an absolute master of procrastination, so any form of active responsibility involving other people is right out. I am, though, highly detail-oriented, and grind doesn't bore me. I will quite happily perform a repetitive task for hours on end. Just don't expect anything from me in advance of a deadline.

Ankhammon

• Elite Boss
« Reply #1154 on: September 05, 2014, 02:09:48 PM »
I'm honestly not sure if that was sarcasm, or not.
So. I'll...answer...somewhere in between?

Everything shown for Revival should be taken with a big fat "Work in Progress" label. I don't believe I had Depth of Field enabled when I recorded the video, which is what makes far away objects look blurry. I find it annoying when I'm working, so I tend to leave it disabled.
I've added more trees in since this was taken. I still need to build the other floating islands, and add the leaves on the ground...

Ah, well. At least the zone isn't pink.

I'm sorry. It was all sarcasm. I'm feeling punchy already today.
Cogito, Ergo... eh?

Pherdnut

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1155 on: September 05, 2014, 02:12:50 PM »
Honestly I think the community is so large, and passionate about the game that no matter what I do, or don't do...someone will be upset. I add a hospital to a zone, Some people will be upset that there's not supposed to be a hospital in that zone. I don't add things, and some players will be upset that I'm not changing enough stuff.
Nature of the beast. You can't be afraid of it though, otherwise you're frozen. You just have to make the decisions that you think will be best for the game, and hopefully...make as many players as happy as possible!

Just imagine their voices are the comic book guy from the Simpsons. It's what I do. It's amazing how grumpy superhero fan language really fits him perfectly.

As far as I'm concerned its: Character Creator? Check. That inspiring heroic music? Check. Atlas got a sex change? Meh... Close enough.

Zombie Hustler

• Elite Boss
« Reply #1156 on: September 05, 2014, 02:38:44 PM »
I think one thing you (and everyone else) needs to bear in mind is that CoH became a game where travel and convenience were simple and everywhere.

To play Devil's Advocate, that is one thing that I think they went a bit overboard on, in particular with i23 and the warp holes (whatever they were called) that pretty much made all other forms of zone-to-zone travel completely redundant.

I get the intent- to make things more player (particularly new player) friendly, but I think keeping some degree of relative inaccessibility made the game more immersive.

Cailyn Alaynn

• Elite Boss
  • Never give in.
« Reply #1157 on: September 05, 2014, 02:44:07 PM »
To play Devil's Advocate, that is one thing that I think they went a bit overboard on, in particular with i23 and the warp holes (whatever they were called) that pretty much made all other forms of zone-to-zone travel completely redundant.

I get the intent- to make things more player (particularly new player) friendly, but I think keeping some degree of relative inaccessibility made the game more immersive.

I agree with this. Traveling the city, going from place to place.. You felt part of the world.

Between Pocket D, Ouroboros, Bases teleporters, Mission teleport... You never needed to walk anywhere by the end.
"Let's get dangerous..."

Shadowe

• Boss
« Reply #1158 on: September 05, 2014, 02:46:03 PM »

Ah, now, there we can agree. I think it all went a bit too far, myself. Remember back when it was green line, yellow line, and travel powers only? I certainly do. And some of the shortcuts were good (I liked base porters, and Pocket D) but by the end it had swung too much towards allowing quick, effortless, riskless travel to anywhere you wanted to go.

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
« Reply #1159 on: September 05, 2014, 02:46:28 PM »
I agree with this. Traveling the city, going from place to place.. You felt part of the world.

Between Pocket D, Ouroboros, Bases teleporters, Mission teleport... You never needed to walk anywhere by the end.

This'll be unpopular, but IMO, the only time you should have been allowed to teleport to a mission, was if it were a timed mission.