Author Topic: And the mask comes off.  (Read 1750470 times)

Safehouse

• Elite Boss
  • Sometimes it's harder to let go than to hold on.
    • My Deviantart
Re: And the mask comes off.
« Reply #1120 on: September 05, 2014, 10:55:45 AM »
I'm surprised you wouldn't want to keep watching in eager anticipation of new content.

I read that as continent for a second... totally freaked me out.
Name: Safehouse     Origin: Magic
Powers: Energy Blast/Electricity Manipulation/Flame Mastery/Teleportation
Security Level: 50+
Last Seen: Wandering the empty streets of the evacuated Paragon City.

Lava-Lad

• Minion
« Reply #1121 on: September 05, 2014, 11:18:44 AM »
What would be cool is if Teleport had it's animation removed and became instantaneous.
I think that the flash effect could stay (or void/rift animation for WS) could stay, but on the whole, it does take too long and makes the power less effective as a main travel power.  Generally +1

Cailyn Alaynn

• Elite Boss
  • Never give in.
« Reply #1122 on: September 05, 2014, 11:23:40 AM »
I think that the flash effect could stay (or void/rift animation for WS) could stay, but on the whole, it does take too long and makes the power less effective as a main travel power.  Generally +1

I kind of agree... Teleport always seemed less, well, FUN than the other travel powers to me. Prolly because of the delay.
"Let's get dangerous..."
Lead Developer and Master of Mischief - Revival Project.
Revival website: APR.Pc-Logix.com

Lava-Lad

• Minion
« Reply #1123 on: September 05, 2014, 11:26:03 AM »
oops excuse me, did you drop this card?
Those better be numbered!

Dal

• Minion
« Reply #1124 on: September 05, 2014, 11:31:03 AM »
Don't expect Revival to be an exact Carbon copy of City of Heroes. Obviously, It would be madly impractical for the team to ensure that every little thing like sign posts are pixel perfectly placed.
There might be other changes to. Like..You ever notice how there's no real hospital in the city? Those little medical clinics are fine for Medivacing a bruised up Her...but how many civilians do you think have their babies there?

There's not going to be grand sweeping changes like the AP Revamp, or the DA makeover. But do expect to see some stuff here and there.
I think most people wouldn't mind if you applied some creative license to the game, really. I think that would even make it less of a burden when redesigning some zones. Don't get stuck on the details if they are keeping you from moving on. And you can always come up with some lore reason as for why some things are different later.

hejtmane

• Elite Boss
« Reply #1125 on: September 05, 2014, 11:47:20 AM »
I kind of agree... Teleport always seemed less, well, FUN than the other travel powers to me. Prolly because of the delay.

It was a lot better with the teleport bind where it zoomed out when you held down the shift key who ever built the teleport .exe bind builder rocks

Cailyn Alaynn

• Elite Boss
  • Never give in.
« Reply #1126 on: September 05, 2014, 11:53:07 AM »
I think most people wouldn't mind if you applied some creative license to the game, really. I think that would even make it less of a burden when redesigning some zones. Don't get stuck on the details if they are keeping you from moving on. And you can always come up with some lore reason as for why some things are different later.

Honestly I think the community is so large, and passionate about the game that no matter what I do, or don't do...someone will be upset. I add a hospital to a zone, Some people will be upset that there's not supposed to be a hospital in that zone. I don't add things, and some players will be upset that I'm not changing enough stuff.
Nature of the beast. You can't be afraid of it though, otherwise you're frozen. You just have to make the decisions that you think will be best for the game, and hopefully...make as many players as happy as possible!
"Let's get dangerous..."

Shadowe

• Boss
  • Just don't tell Manticore...
« Reply #1127 on: September 05, 2014, 11:54:15 AM »
So, when are you getting a Mac, you dirty little iPhone/iPad owner, you! ;)

When I won't have wasted several thousand pounds on software for Windows. :D

And I was sort of talking about the ideal scenario rather than one I'm specifically aiming for. Cheeky git.
The wisdom of Shadowe: Ghostraptor: The Shadowe is wise ...; FFM: Shadowe is no longer wise. ; Techbot_Alpha: Also, what Shadowe said. It seems he is still somewhat wise ; Bull Throttle: Shadowe was unwise in this instance...; Rock_Powerfist: in this instance Shadowe is wise.; Techbot_Alpha: Shadowe is very wise *nods*; Zortel: *Quotable line about Shadowe being wise goes here.* FFM: I think you're mostly wise in this instance, apart from one part.

Safehouse

• Elite Boss
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #1128 on: September 05, 2014, 11:58:28 AM »
Honestly I think the community is so large, and passionate about the game that no matter what I do, or don't do...someone will be upset. I add a hospital to a zone, Some people will be upset that there's not supposed to be a hospital in that zone. I don't add things, and some players will be upset that I'm not changing enough stuff.
Nature of the beast. You can't be afraid of it though, otherwise you're frozen. You just have to make the decisions that you think will be best for the game, and hopefully...make as many players as happy as possible!

Actually I was wondering if there had been any discussion/thought on creating an APR thread that talks about things like FAQ and possible changes (aesthetic and otherwise) that might come to CoX 1.5. Not so much an APR general discussion (salutes and says "General Discussion) thread, but not a "tell us what you think" thread either. Kind of something in between.

Shadowe

• Boss
« Reply #1129 on: September 05, 2014, 12:09:31 PM »

I think one thing you (and everyone else) needs to bear in mind is that CoH became a game where travel and convenience were simple and everywhere.

One of the best examples is the Hollows. Pre-travel powers, mission doors at the far end of the zone, and no hospital. I think most of us have stories about the long slog back from Atlas Park. And then War Witch revamped the zone. Cleaned up the mission door assignments and spawn points. Added a hospital.

From the perspective of a fresh character going through the zone, all of these were vast improvements. From my personal perspective as a veteran of the old version, I think it really only needed the hospital.

And that really my point: convenience and travel tweaks are A-OK, because CoH was all about letting you get to the action and back to the action quickly and simply (which is not the same as easily, because a challenging spawn in the right/wrong place could make it more exciting, as long as it wasn't impossible to avoid/defeat).
The wisdom of Shadowe: Ghostraptor: The Shadowe is wise ...; FFM: Shadowe is no longer wise. ; Techbot_Alpha: Also, what Shadowe said. It seems he is still somewhat wise ; Bull Throttle: Shadowe was unwise in this instance...; Rock_Powerfist: in this instance Shadowe is wise.; Techbot_Alpha: Shadowe is very wise *nods*; Zortel: *Quotable line about Shadowe being wise goes here.* FFM: I think you're mostly wise in this instance, apart from one part.

Cailyn Alaynn

• Elite Boss
  • Never give in.
« Reply #1130 on: September 05, 2014, 12:09:42 PM »
Yeah, that could be a thing. I think Tony want's stuff like that to take place on the APR website however, So I'll leave that up to his decision.
I'll most likely do one on the APR forum as well.
"Let's get dangerous..."

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
« Reply #1131 on: September 05, 2014, 12:15:54 PM »
Yeah, that could be a thing. I think Tony want's stuff like that to take place on the APR website however, So I'll leave that up to his decision.

You're probably going to want discussion topics for just about every area of every zone... And that's just for the map!

Safehouse

• Elite Boss
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #1132 on: September 05, 2014, 12:16:27 PM »

Good idea. Boy, I should get signed up on the APR website :D

Shadowe

• Boss
« Reply #1133 on: September 05, 2014, 12:18:02 PM »

Tum-tee-tum... *saunters in the direction of the APR forums*

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
« Reply #1134 on: September 05, 2014, 12:23:09 PM »
Tum-tee-tum... *saunters in the direction of the APR forums*

*Races past...

Cailyn Alaynn

• Elite Boss
  • Never give in.
« Reply #1135 on: September 05, 2014, 12:25:19 PM »
You guys crack me up sometimes. lol.
I'm also hanging out in the chat, if anyone's bored.
"Let's get dangerous..."

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
« Reply #1136 on: September 05, 2014, 12:27:16 PM »

This is my hobby in life, to crack as many people up as possible!

Sometimes, tools are necessary. ;)

Shadowe

• Boss
« Reply #1137 on: September 05, 2014, 12:29:22 PM »
This is my hobby in life, to crack as many people up as possible!

Sometimes, tools are necessary. ;)

Are you calling me a tool?! Grrrr... I shall have my revenge, you... Catgirl, you!

Safehouse

• Elite Boss
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #1138 on: September 05, 2014, 12:30:07 PM »
I'm also hanging out in the chat, if anyone's bored.

What is this chat of which I am hearing? I was not aware of such a thing!

Shadowe

• Boss
« Reply #1139 on: September 05, 2014, 12:36:46 PM »
What is this chat of which I am hearing? I was not aware of such a thing!

Head over to the Atlas Park Revival site, register for it, and select the "Game Chat" option, which will open up an IRC chat client.