Author Topic: And the mask comes off.  (Read 1712115 times)

Zombie Hustler

• Elite Boss
Re: And the mask comes off.
« Reply #720 on: September 03, 2014, 03:34:19 PM »
Ah, I must have missed those when I was skipping... Cheers.

No worries- it's easy to miss things in a thread this active. I've been paying close attention to info on the holding company, out of personal interest (not just in CoH; I used to work for a literary rights holding company in LA.)

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
« Reply #721 on: September 03, 2014, 03:50:06 PM »
Ok, so...by special request. New pictures of REALLY unpolished stuff.
Warning: Seriously under construction.
Images will be hidden under spoiler tags, so Agge doesn't smack me with her mod hat.

Truly truly gorgeous, Irish_Girl!  (the maps are looking good, too! ;) )

I do have one request though... Something maybe everyone will agree even if it wouldn't actually be the same as CoH...

Car models that actually look decent, instead of the HIDEOUS things that were in CoH! Ugh! Truly.. Ugh!

Oh, and maybe a bus or two! ;)

Cailyn Alaynn

• Elite Boss
  • Never give in.
« Reply #722 on: September 03, 2014, 03:53:49 PM »
I do have one request though... Something maybe everyone will agree even if it wouldn't actually be the same as CoH...
Car models that actually look decent, instead of the HIDEOUS things that were in CoH! Ugh! Truly.. Ugh!

Flattery will get you nowhere, son of Harkonnen!
However, I will go out on a limb to confirm decent looking cars, and even busses.
"Let's get dangerous..."
Lead Developer and Master of Mischief - Revival Project.
Revival website: APR.Pc-Logix.com

Apogee

• Underling
« Reply #723 on: September 03, 2014, 03:55:34 PM »
How about children when it comes time to populate the city?

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
« Reply #724 on: September 03, 2014, 03:56:23 PM »
Flattery will get you nowhere, son of Harkonnen!
However, I will go out on a limb to confirm decent looking cars, and even busses.

Oh I dunno... It seemed to have gotten me somewhere... ;)

Awesome news though! Thankies muchly! :p

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #725 on: September 03, 2014, 03:58:08 PM »
I removed posts pertaining to MWM and Kickstarter issues, including my own.

There is an entire section of the forums for that discussion. This is for the talks on the new deal and the projects spinning from that deal. If I did wrong Agge will slap me down.

If we get another section for APR effort there are some that could be moved such as those pertaining to UR4 licensing and such. We could maybe get the definite information on UR4 and make a sticky since several efforts are using this engine.

Harpospoke

• New Efforts # 4,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #726 on: September 03, 2014, 03:59:07 PM »

+1 

And since we can stand on the blimp...maybe cars that we can jump on and ride too?   :D

Isn't there a topic somewhere about what made CoH "feel" like CoH?    I wonder if some people would not want things like that to change?

I don't mind one bit.   I don't mind if animations, sound FX, and textures change.  I'm mostly wanting the powers to work the same.    As much as the fire imps' stupidity was infuriating at times...keep 'em dumb.

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #727 on: September 03, 2014, 04:02:11 PM »
How about children when it comes time to populate the city?

I think an update could possibly add a wider variety of folks without too much extra effort. You can even buy pre-made artwork from the UR4 market place:

https://www.unrealengine.com/marketplace you can buy everything from characters to textures to buildings and everything in between - I bet even a Moonbase.

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
« Reply #728 on: September 03, 2014, 04:05:47 PM »
Isn't there a topic somewhere about what made CoH "feel" like CoH?    I wonder if some people would not want things like that to change?

If it's in a new engine, I think that it's a little silly not to take advantage of said new engine and improve models and textures where appropriate.

I don't mean important stuff like the general look and how the game plays, but inconsequential stuff like the background npc's, textures, stuff like that.. All can be improved to add to the ambience.  Look at the rebuild of Atlas Park that Paragon Studios gave us.  I don't recall -anyone- not loving it when the devs presented it to us. It was -gorgeous-

Sounds can mostly stay as they are, though maybe some can be muted (super speed, targetting drone), more can be added such as a gentle breeze sound or birds in the background.. Maybe kids playing in the park during the day, a faint hum/sizzle from the war walls when you're near them...  Maybe even some weather affects from time to time...

OK, I'm getting carried away now.  My point is though, I don't see any harm in little tweaks to improve then overall game world.

Harpospoke

• New Efforts # 4,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #729 on: September 03, 2014, 04:09:13 PM »
OK, I'm getting carried away now.  My point is though, I don't see any harm in little tweaks to improve then overall game world.
Same.   It's actually very exciting to look at the APR pics.

downix

• Phoenix Project Technical Lead
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #730 on: September 03, 2014, 04:21:07 PM »
If it's in a new engine, I think that it's a little silly not to take advantage of said new engine and improve models and textures where appropriate.

I don't mean important stuff like the general look and how the game plays, but inconsequential stuff like the background npc's, textures, stuff like that.. All can be improved to add to the ambience.  Look at the rebuild of Atlas Park that Paragon Studios gave us.  I don't recall -anyone- not loving it when the devs presented it to us. It was -gorgeous-

Sounds can mostly stay as they are, though maybe some can be muted (super speed, targetting drone), more can be added such as a gentle breeze sound or birds in the background.. Maybe kids playing in the park during the day, a faint hum/sizzle from the war walls when you're near them...  Maybe even some weather affects from time to time...

You can use the existing material for LOD purposes as well you know.

pinballdave

• Elite Boss
  • I am the player formerly known as Psylenz
« Reply #731 on: September 03, 2014, 04:26:27 PM »
Irish_Girl has spoken about the volume and complexity to bringing red-side and gold-side back to CoH 1.5. I want to re-affirm: all the content, blue, red, gold, will be included in the frozen CoHi23 zombie CoH with all the understanding that the negotiations and  game store recreation being accomplished. Or did I miss something in the details?

Cailyn Alaynn

• Elite Boss
  • Never give in.
« Reply #732 on: September 03, 2014, 04:32:01 PM »
Irish_Girl has spoken about the volume and complexity to bringing red-side and gold-side back to CoH 1.5. I want to re-affirm: all the content, blue, red, gold, will be included in the frozen CoHi23 zombie CoH with all the understanding that the negotiations and  game store recreation being accomplished. Or did I miss something in the details?

To the best of my knowledge, the Issue 23 Legacy CoH would be CoH as it before the shutdown. No more, No less.

Oh the APR-related complexity of things... Gold side would prolly be the easiest side to do. Least amount of content, as well as most everything being fairly new models and textures.
The Rogue Isles however...are a nightmare. A nightmare that will require a lot of scratch built assets, and textures to replace the poor rats nest that was thrown together very quickly.
"Let's get dangerous..."
Lead Developer and Master of Mischief - Revival Project.
Revival website: APR.Pc-Logix.com

hopelives

• Minion
« Reply #733 on: September 03, 2014, 04:45:16 PM »
Until they get their hands on it and play around, assume that w/o source code, i23 will be the same as it was when Paragon ran it.

That seems the safe bet to me :)

I could easily live with i23 :)

MM3squints

• Elite Boss
« Reply #734 on: September 03, 2014, 04:47:32 PM »
   I could easily live with i23 :)

Out of curiosity, since we will be stuck in i23, did anyone ever get that one badge for killing the tyrant without using any of the lights in the iTrail? I remember people said that badge was only achievable when they unlocked more incanate powers

Mental Minister

• Underling
  • I love Beer, Bikes, and (.Y.)
« Reply #735 on: September 03, 2014, 04:59:15 PM »
To the best of my knowledge, the Issue 23 Legacy CoH would be CoH as it before the shutdown. No more, No less.

Oh the APR-related complexity of things... Gold side would prolly be the easiest side to do. Least amount of content, as well as most everything being fairly new models and textures.
The Rogue Isles however...are a nightmare. A nightmare that will require a lot of scratch built assets, and textures to replace the poor rats nest that was thrown together very quickly.

That was one of the main reasons I didnt play villains much till gold side was introduced. I loved the Villain Archtypes corruptors being my favorite but by the time I got to St. Martial I found myself logging back to Blue side.
My arm hurts holding this torch. I shall endore

MWRuger

• New Efforts # 1,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • The Devil is in the details! Quick! Get him out!
« Reply #736 on: September 03, 2014, 05:18:31 PM »
On the subject of inquiry as to joining APR...
That is a subject I'll be dealing with next week. Most of this week is being dedicated to cleaning, packing, and carrying boxes of stuff (All of which I'm sure I'll regret owning as I'm having to carry it up 3 flights of stairs.)
I don't really have the time, or focus to try and organize people at the moment, and it would just end up being a mess I'd have to untangle next week anyways.

As for joining City of Titans...
I'm not involved there, so... don't look at me.

If you like, I could go back through this thread and gather the names of the people who offered and send them to you next week.  If you do, I'll put up a post to recruit and collect names there. Just let me know.
AKA TheDevilYouKnow
Return of CoH - Oh My God! It looks like it can happen!

MWRuger

• New Efforts # 1,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • The Devil is in the details! Quick! Get him out!
« Reply #737 on: September 03, 2014, 05:22:34 PM »
Question:

Does the i23 snapshot include the Test Server?

The reason I ask is that was running i24 at the time of close so people who wanted to could create characters there for i24 goodness. Since there won't be any further development it would essentially be just a server a server with I24 on it.

I was thinking it might soften the blow for people who really wanted to play 124.
AKA TheDevilYouKnow
Return of CoH - Oh My God! It looks like it can happen!

WolfSoul

• Lieutenant
    • Writing portfolio
« Reply #738 on: September 03, 2014, 05:33:02 PM »
I so agree with this! It was difficult trying to be in a city that was supposed to be so futuristic technologically but had cars from bad 1970's cop shows.

Though I would just RP that people had "beater" cars because of so many superpowered fights. Who would buy a Rolls Royce or BMW just to watch it trashed between a fire blaster and Clockwork scavangers?

downix

• Phoenix Project Technical Lead
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #739 on: September 03, 2014, 05:38:15 PM »
I so agree with this! It was difficult trying to be in a city that was supposed to be so futuristic technologically but had cars from bad 1970's cop shows.

Though I would just RP that people had "beater" cars because of so many superpowered fights. Who would buy a Rolls Royce or BMW just to watch it trashed between a fire blaster and Clockwork scavangers?
Sales ad:
Those things are so rugged they can get hit by a semi and still stay intact.

Sure, they're uglier than sin, but when you are worried about the next fist-fight between Errmad and Rat-A-Tat, nothing does better than Paragon Motors!