Author Topic: And the mask comes off.  (Read 1712500 times)

Safehouse

• Elite Boss
  • Sometimes it's harder to let go than to hold on.
    • My Deviantart
Re: And the mask comes off.
« Reply #700 on: September 03, 2014, 01:40:06 PM »
So so happy to see you are making paragon city visible through war walls. I always thought that would be a nice touch.

For work that you're doing mostly alone, I am incredibly impressed!

It brings my excitement for this (even just the possibility) to a whole new level!
Name: Safehouse     Origin: Magic
Powers: Energy Blast/Electricity Manipulation/Flame Mastery/Teleportation
Security Level: 50+
Last Seen: Wandering the empty streets of the evacuated Paragon City.

CrimsonCapacitor

• Captain of the Hard Ship
  • Boss
« Reply #701 on: September 03, 2014, 01:53:25 PM »
I don't know how anyone is keeping track of offers to help...

I don't know much about programming. 

I do know Photoshop pretty well, and have a legal version.  I could pop for the UE4 License...  But I don't want to drown anyone with yet another offer to help.  Is there a sticky or something about who to contact to see if my skill set(s) is needed?
Beware the mighty faceplant!

ivanhedgehog

• New Efforts # 25,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #702 on: September 03, 2014, 01:54:42 PM »
Where does one volunteer to help APR or COT?

I don't have MAD art skills, but I have decent ones. 

http://kuraichan.deviantart.com
http://impiousimp.deviantart.com

I do stick figures that have been in accidents so I wont volunteer

Cailyn Alaynn

• Elite Boss
  • Never give in.
« Reply #703 on: September 03, 2014, 01:59:15 PM »
On the subject of inquiry as to joining APR...
That is a subject I'll be dealing with next week. Most of this week is being dedicated to cleaning, packing, and carrying boxes of stuff (All of which I'm sure I'll regret owning as I'm having to carry it up 3 flights of stairs.)
I don't really have the time, or focus to try and organize people at the moment, and it would just end up being a mess I'd have to untangle next week anyways.

As for joining City of Titans...
I'm not involved there, so... don't look at me.
"Let's get dangerous..."
Lead Developer and Master of Mischief - Revival Project.
Revival website: APR.Pc-Logix.com

CrimsonCapacitor

• Captain of the Hard Ship
  • Boss
« Reply #704 on: September 03, 2014, 02:01:27 PM »

As for joining City of Titans...
I'm not involved there, so... don't look at me.

Why?  Are they coming apart?

I LOVE that old joke!   ;D
Beware the mighty faceplant!

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #705 on: September 03, 2014, 02:01:48 PM »
I do stick figures that have been in accidents so I wont volunteer

In UR4 you don't have to necessarily be a great artist - I am not. But you can apply the textures and make the maps that others define. Let's say one person lays out the buildings and then the next person applies the textures required, it frees the artist to keep working and not do the simple but time consuming task of texturing everything.

If you want to see how simple it can be download the UnReal 3 Engine and tinker around. Watch a few youtube videos on how to do it and you will be pleasantly surprised how quick you can catch on.

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
« Reply #706 on: September 03, 2014, 02:10:10 PM »
That is a subject I'll be dealing with next week. Most of this week is being dedicated to cleaning, packing, and carrying boxes of stuff (All of which I'm sure I'll regret owning as I'm having to carry it up 3 flights of stairs.)

Remember.. If it's still in a box 6 weeks later, throw it out... You don't need it. :p

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #707 on: September 03, 2014, 02:12:00 PM »
The main thing is to remember - Irishgirl calls the shots.

With so much excitement people will become over excited and think their way is better. One person has to be the lead. Irishgirl is that person until she says oh hell no, or decides she would rather design more than coordinate. Don't forget that she has been doing this alone. The offers of help can be overwhelming.

A new website or forum here is going to definitely be needed. A list of volunteers and skills - all the good stuff that needs to be done. I don't doubt that we have some highly qualified people to help. Once the dust settles it is time to do the hard work.

AlienOne

• HumanZero
  • Elite Boss
  • Resident Kheldian
« Reply #708 on: September 03, 2014, 02:27:19 PM »
I'd have to re-read the UE4 license agreement... But yes, I believe it's $19 per person. You don't have to pay monthly, I don't. You only need to pay initially, and when you need updates from Epic.

I just went to the page, and it says "$19/mo"... Are you sure it's not a monthly charge?
"What COH did was to show [developers of other] MMOs what they could be like if they gave up on controlling everything in the game, and just made it something great to play."  - Johnny Joy Bringer

downix

• Phoenix Project Technical Lead
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #709 on: September 03, 2014, 02:28:46 PM »
I just went to the page, and it says "$19/mo"... Are you sure it's not a monthly charge?
You can opt to buy one month and not to continue. You do not get any updates that way, and they do several a month.

AlienOne

• HumanZero
  • Elite Boss
  • Resident Kheldian
« Reply #710 on: September 03, 2014, 02:36:31 PM »
You can opt to buy one month and not to continue. You do not get any updates that way, and they do several a month.

Ah, ok. I guess in a development sense, everyone who is part of the development team would only have to pay again if an update was released that was needed in order to improve the development of the game. This may be a question for if Irish_Girl gets her own section of the forums, but I'll go ahead and ask it now since one doesn't exist at the moment: if Irish_Girl is developing the APR in one version of Unreal 4, and some of us pay for/download whatever the latest version of Unreal 4 is, will that cause conflicts/problems when we share assets, due to version mismatches?

I'm still learning how the system works.
"What COH did was to show [developers of other] MMOs what they could be like if they gave up on controlling everything in the game, and just made it something great to play."  - Johnny Joy Bringer

downix

• Elite Boss
« Reply #711 on: September 03, 2014, 02:48:55 PM »
Ah, ok. I guess in a development sense, everyone who is part of the development team would only have to pay again if an update was released that was needed in order to improve the development of the game. This may be a question for if Irish_Girl gets her own section of the forums, but I'll go ahead and ask it now since one doesn't exist at the moment: if Irish_Girl is developing the APR in one version of Unreal 4, and some of us pay for/download whatever the latest version of Unreal 4 is, will that cause conflicts/problems when we share assets, due to version mismatches?

I'm still learning how the system works.
You can download older versions as well. Just need to standardize on a version.

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
« Reply #712 on: September 03, 2014, 03:02:03 PM »
Hey Downix, I asked a question a few pages back, but as you're in the thread now, I'll ask it again...

Assuming we get the deal inked... Who would actually own the IP rights for CoH?  I know you said there'd be a "holding company", but who will be deciding who runs this?  Is there a group already in mind? Do we know them?  Are they us?

I'm just a little concerned the IP will end up with someone who might not have our or the games interests at heart.

Harpospoke

• New Efforts # 4,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #713 on: September 03, 2014, 03:02:38 PM »
Where does one volunteer to help APR or COT?

I don't have MAD art skills, but I have decent ones. 

http://kuraichan.deviantart.com
http://impiousimp.deviantart.com
That looks great to me!

Zombie Hustler

• Elite Boss
« Reply #714 on: September 03, 2014, 03:11:20 PM »
Hey Downix, I asked a question a few pages back, but as you're in the thread now, I'll ask it again...

Assuming we get the deal inked... Who would actually own the IP rights for CoH?  I know you said there'd be a "holding company", but who will be deciding who runs this?  Is there a group already in mind? Do we know them?  Are they us?

Not to speak for Downix, but he did answer this question in a couple of ways already- here and here. I get the sense that it is still very much up in the air, and he may not have any more specifics.

Zombie Hustler

• Elite Boss
« Reply #715 on: September 03, 2014, 03:12:23 PM »
I don't really have the time, or focus to try and organize people at the moment, and it would just end up being a mess I'd have to untangle next week anyways.

Would you prefer to do such "team building" over at the APR website? If so, maybe a comment to that effect and a link could be added to a (as yet theoretical) FAQ here.

Cailyn Alaynn

• Elite Boss
  • Never give in.
« Reply #716 on: September 03, 2014, 03:13:21 PM »
"Let's get dangerous..."
Lead Developer and Master of Mischief - Revival Project.
Revival website: APR.Pc-Logix.com

downix

• Elite Boss
« Reply #717 on: September 03, 2014, 03:13:44 PM »

I'm just a little concerned the IP will end up with someone who might not have our or the games interests at heart.
That is still one of the negotiating points, ownership percentages as well as control, and a lot of that depends on other conditions. They trade x for y, that kind of thing.

Simply put, as this area is still one of the major negotiating points, could majorly derail if I go into details.

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
« Reply #718 on: September 03, 2014, 03:19:10 PM »
Not to speak for Downix, but he did answer this question in a couple of ways already- here and here. I get the sense that it is still very much up in the air, and he may not have any more specifics.

Ah, I must have missed those when I was skipping... Cheers.

I know who gets my vote in looking after the IP though... Titan Network!

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
« Reply #719 on: September 03, 2014, 03:19:52 PM »
That is still one of the negotiating points, ownership percentages as well as control, and a lot of that depends on other conditions. They trade x for y, that kind of thing.

Simply put, as this area is still one of the major negotiating points, could majorly derail if I go into details.

Fair enough! Certainly don't want THAT to happen! :O