Author Topic: And the mask comes off.  (Read 1747350 times)

chuckv3

• Elite Boss
Re: And the mask comes off.
« Reply #6240 on: October 06, 2015, 05:54:38 PM »
From my personal perspective, Paragon Chat gives me 65% of what I valued in the game.  I can create characters and bios, share them with other people in a common environment and tour the world of Paragon City.  It makes it a lot easier for me to be patient on everything else. 

Though I'd REALLY like to play through those builds, beat up bad guys and save citizens so they can make sarcastic comments about my costume.

For me it's more like 20%. I did (and do) enjoy and appreciate the community, but I mostly want to be able to play the game. 

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #6241 on: October 06, 2015, 06:22:34 PM »
From my personal perspective, Paragon Chat gives me 65% of what I valued in the game.  I can create characters and bios, share them with other people in a common environment and tour the world of Paragon City.  It makes it a lot easier for me to be patient on everything else. 

Though I'd REALLY like to play through those builds, beat up bad guys and save citizens so they can make sarcastic comments about my costume.

If you want, post your costume and I'll make sarcastic comments about it; I can probably get you up to at least 76%.

Thunder Glove

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6242 on: October 06, 2015, 09:49:36 PM »
For me it's more like 20%. I did (and do) enjoy and appreciate the community, but I mostly want to be able to play the game.

Yeah, that's about how I feel about it.  Maybe even a lower percentage.  I was a solo player who enjoyed the game as a game and rarely socialized outside of the chat channels (and that wasn't common, either).

So I'm looking forward to something I can log in and play, whether it be the return of CoH or the completion of one of the successor projects (and I wouldn't have thought that the latter would be happening more quickly than the former).

Ohioknight

• Celebrating Columbus Day
  • Elite Boss
  • 65 years old
« Reply #6243 on: October 07, 2015, 03:23:46 PM »
If you want, post your costume and I'll make sarcastic comments about it; I can probably get you up to at least 76%.

Only if I've saved you from Circle of Thorns mystics or menacing Tsoo Red Ink guys. :D
"Wow, a fat, sarcastic, Star Trek fan, you must be a devil with the ladies"

Remaugen

• Elite Boss
  • Android Clan of One
« Reply #6244 on: October 09, 2015, 08:17:56 AM »
The silence has become deafening!
We're almost there!  ;D

The RNG hates me.

darkgob

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6245 on: October 09, 2015, 11:59:56 AM »
The silence has become deafening!

silent but deadly ;)

Brigadine

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6246 on: October 09, 2015, 01:05:43 PM »
silent but deadly ;)
Apperently Nate is a fart.

chuckv3

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6247 on: October 09, 2015, 05:14:58 PM »
Apperently Nate is a fart.

Let's hope he's "silent but successful". We can name a new kind of fart after him. What an honor. I think.

Remaugen

• Elite Boss
  • Android Clan of One
« Reply #6248 on: October 09, 2015, 06:18:04 PM »
Too funny!

And definitely a dubious honor.
We're almost there!  ;D

The RNG hates me.

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #6249 on: October 09, 2015, 07:03:14 PM »
Let's hope he's "silent but successful". We can name a new kind of fart after him. What an honor. I think.

Under what set of circumstances would you ever use that nomenclature?

A:  Man, I hate it when everyone piles into the elevator and pushes all the buttons and we have to stop on every single floor.

B:  Let me try something...

A:  Wow, that was silent but successful.  Now we have the elevator all to ourselves.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6250 on: October 09, 2015, 08:18:22 PM »
I remember an old episode of Dennis Miller where the South Park creators were on there talking about how they'd go to Hollywood parties and take pictures of each other farting on celebrities. The SBS seems like it'd be useful terminology in that scenario.

Abraxus

• Elite Boss
  • Brax on Discord. Play on Homecoming/Torchbearer
« Reply #6251 on: October 09, 2015, 11:50:38 PM »
This is what the conversation has sunk to?  Man, there better be some news soon, or who knows where this thread could dive!  :o ;) ???
What was no more, is now reborn!

Twisted Toon

• New Efforts # 13,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #6252 on: October 10, 2015, 01:11:04 AM »
Under what set of circumstances would you ever use that nomenclature?

A:  Man, I hate it when everyone piles into the elevator and pushes all the buttons and we have to stop on every single floor.

B:  Let me try something...

A:  Wow, that was silent but successful.  Now we have the elevator all to ourselves.
Maybe upon a successful use of Chocking Cloud?
Hope never abandons you, you abandon it. - George Weinberg

Hope ... is not a feeling; it is something you do. - Katherine Paterson

Nobody really cares if you're miserable, so you might as well be happy. - Cynthia Nelms

darkgob

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6253 on: October 10, 2015, 02:01:07 AM »
Maybe upon a successful use of Chocking Cloud?

The name of the debuff assigned upon being hit by Ritki Monkey Gas.

Brigadine

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6254 on: October 10, 2015, 10:54:42 PM »
This is what the conversation has sunk to?  Man, there better be some news soon, or who knows where this thread could dive!  :o ;) ???
I mean weve done good for being 2 years in. Just now we are starting to sound like inbred and hysterical hill billys.

Wyrm

• Stop Dragon My Heart Around
  • Boss
« Reply #6255 on: October 10, 2015, 11:39:27 PM »
I mean weve done good for being 2 years in. Just now we are starting to sound like inbred and hysterical hill billys.
As someone who grew up in Arkansas and has family throughout Kentucky and West Virginia, and who teaches psychology, I would respectfully submit that the level of dialogue I've observed in this thread is not at all typical of either inbreeding or hysteria.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have a sistercousinwife to scold for something or other.

Abraxus

• Elite Boss
  • Brax on Discord. Play on Homecoming/Torchbearer
« Reply #6256 on: October 11, 2015, 12:26:08 AM »
I take it as a symptom of what can happen in the absence of something substantive to discuss.  We have covered most things we love about the game, and things we hotly anticipate if it returns (along with the things we don't like about things standing in the way of it returning). 

All things considered, I would rather see the conversation sink below the "lowbrow" level, than to see no discussion at all.  Which given the time factor so far, it truly amazes me that we have as much discourse as we do.
What was no more, is now reborn!

Brigadine

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6257 on: October 11, 2015, 01:28:57 AM »
As someone who grew up in Arkansas and has family throughout Kentucky and West Virginia, and who teaches psychology, I would respectfully submit that the level of dialogue I've observed in this thread is not at all typical of either inbreeding or hysteria.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have a sistercousinwife to scold for something or other.
;) we just hide it real good.

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #6258 on: October 11, 2015, 04:13:18 AM »
;) we just hide it real good.

*Does something stupid involving beer and propane.*
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Twisted Toon

• New Efforts # 13,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #6259 on: October 11, 2015, 07:36:49 AM »
*Does something stupid involving beer and propane.*

That reminds me of the time I lit a bottle rocket off in my bedroom...
Hope never abandons you, you abandon it. - George Weinberg

Hope ... is not a feeling; it is something you do. - Katherine Paterson

Nobody really cares if you're miserable, so you might as well be happy. - Cynthia Nelms