Author Topic: And the mask comes off.  (Read 1747364 times)

chuckv3

• Elite Boss
Re: And the mask comes off.
« Reply #6220 on: October 05, 2015, 03:29:02 PM »
But, without that announcement a year ago, I would have given up and taken off long ago.  And, I bet there's a few others on here just like that.  I'm only here now waiting on news, and for the return.

I'm about to give up anyway.  This is ridiculous.

I understand the emotion, but you have to look at this objectively. Right now, CoH is dead. There is an effort in progress that might ressurect it, and other efforts to try to capture the spirit of the game (and hopefully thereby capture a similar community of players).

We suffered a blow when the game was lost, but that's water under the bridge, gone forever, done deal.

The only place we have to go from here is UP. Just remind yourself of that whenever you are feeling sour.

Or go play some other games for a while. Many have good qualities, and at least some shelf-life. If nothing else, it will help you appreciate the unique combination of what we would like to see revived or re-built.

Brigadine

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6221 on: October 05, 2015, 05:16:37 PM »
But, without that announcement a year ago, I would have given up and taken off long ago.  And, I bet there's a few others on here just like that.  I'm only here now waiting on news, and for the return.

Yeah, I am sorry but this is very ridiculous now. Especially if NCsoft was worried about nexon. Raising their stock price should help them. Also, Nexon doesn't have controlling interest. There should be NO reason said NCsoft employee should  be scared by doing something when the person he fears has NO operational control rights. I don't believe post el facto firing could be legal in Korea.

Ohioknight

• Celebrating Columbus Day
  • Elite Boss
  • 65 years old
« Reply #6222 on: October 05, 2015, 05:33:05 PM »
From my personal perspective, Paragon Chat gives me 65% of what I valued in the game.  I can create characters and bios, share them with other people in a common environment and tour the world of Paragon City.  It makes it a lot easier for me to be patient on everything else. 

Though I'd REALLY like to play through those builds, beat up bad guys and save citizens so they can make sarcastic comments about my costume.
"Wow, a fat, sarcastic, Star Trek fan, you must be a devil with the ladies"

Remaugen

• Elite Boss
  • Android Clan of One
« Reply #6223 on: October 05, 2015, 05:40:26 PM »
. . .<Snip!> beat up bad guys and save citizens so they can make sarcastic comments about my costume.

*Nostalgic Moment*

Ah h h, those were good times. . .
We're almost there!  ;D

The RNG hates me.

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #6224 on: October 05, 2015, 06:14:12 PM »
I hope this helps for those who are in doubt.

I have spoken in the past to some of those folks who want to make this deal and they are complete fans of the game the same as we are.

In fact they are such fans of the game that when they thought it was gone - they got some friends together pooled their money and started a studio to make a game as close to CoH as they could.

When they thought they could possibly buy the IP for CoH - they were as giddy as a school girl at her first prom. When they thought the deal was killed by being forced to open up to what was happening they were in complete panic - thinking the game was gone forever.

If you think sitting on the outside getting no news is hard - try working on their side where you want it at least as much as we do - but must work at NCSoft's speed. I have nothing but respect for them for making this effort and I know they will do everything possible to make it happen. NCSoft has not said - No. So far everything is yes, just at their speed.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6225 on: October 05, 2015, 06:23:57 PM »
If you want news, look what I learned from the guide on my dvr today -

Twisted Toon

• New Efforts # 13,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #6226 on: October 05, 2015, 06:46:40 PM »
If you want news, look what I learned from the guide on my dvr today -

I would like to make an observation.

Their statement that Andrew Wardle is the only person in the UK to be born without a penis is false. I'm guessing that about half (give it take a few percentages) of the persons in the UK are born without penises. Now, if they meant to imply that women aren't persons, then I might be a little upset about that. But, I just think it was a poorly worded statement.

Anyway, back to your regularly scheduled...whatever.  :)
Hope never abandons you, you abandon it. - George Weinberg

Hope ... is not a feeling; it is something you do. - Katherine Paterson

Nobody really cares if you're miserable, so you might as well be happy. - Cynthia Nelms

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6227 on: October 05, 2015, 06:57:51 PM »
Um, yeah that was kinda the point of posting it.

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #6228 on: October 05, 2015, 09:08:28 PM »

I am here because of this announcement, I was full of hate of what was done to City of. I spent the money on City of. but I spent it on an inferior game. And to that I will not leave or give up on this or any know attempts. I want to be able to go home. City of. was the game I went back when I was bored with another game. But since our home closed STO has become my temp. home when I get bored.
Who knows what is happing maybe all the team is doing with Nc Soft is sipping tea and talking about how best to get the game out again. (NOTE* I am not apart of the team).

I have spoken in the past to some of those folks who want to make this deal and they are complete fans of the game the same as we are.

In fact they are such fans of the game that when they thought it was gone - they got some friends together pooled their money and started a studio to make a game as close to CoH as they could.

When they thought they could possibly buy the IP for CoH - they were as giddy as a school girl at her first prom. When they thought the deal was killed by being forced to open up to what was happening they were in complete panic - thinking the game was gone forever.

If you think sitting on the outside getting no news is hard - try working on their side where you want it at least as much as we do - but must work at NCSoft's speed. I have nothing but respect for them for making this effort and I know they will do everything possible to make it happen. NCSoft has not said - No. So far everything is yes, just at their speed.
I like the reason. :) People just need to relax and save that energy for when the game comes back. :)
One day the Phoenix will rise again.

Brigadine

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6229 on: October 05, 2015, 11:27:46 PM »

I really do appreciate the effort, don't get me wrong. I absolutely do not think it is our side that is the issue. The things that get me is what I said in my previous post. At this point I really don't think they are in good faith, never were. It couldn't hurt ANYONE at the company.  Nexon doesn't have that kind of say yet. It could only help NCsoft if they made some revenue.

blacksly

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6230 on: October 06, 2015, 12:23:14 AM »
Yeah, I am sorry but this is very ridiculous now. Especially if NCsoft was worried about nexon. Raising their stock price should help them. Also, Nexon doesn't have controlling interest. There should be NO reason said NCsoft employee should  be scared by doing something when the person he fears has NO operational control rights. I don't believe post el facto firing could be legal in Korea.

Yes, I agree with you completely. This is totally ridiculous and apparently it always was. Clearly the team that is pretending to conduct negotiations is actually just trolling us and has been all along.
I think that the only way to win this game with them is not to play. Not to visit this forum anymore, not to post here anymore. I suggest this winning strategy to you, and I hope you take me most seriously.

Zombie Hustler

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6231 on: October 06, 2015, 12:23:25 AM »

If by this you mean that you've literally been sitting in front of your computer screen since the game shuttered, waiting for news so that you can immediately hop online and begin to level your way back up to 50 and all the Incarnate powers you can shake a stick at, then yes. Yes, please do give up.

Otherwise, why not just hold out. You're not losing anything for the wait, are you?

ivanhedgehog

• New Efforts # 25,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #6232 on: October 06, 2015, 12:29:38 AM »
Yes, I agree with you completely. This is totally ridiculous and apparently it always was. Clearly the team that is pretending to conduct negotiations is actually just trolling us and has been all along.
I think that the only way to win this game with them is not to play. Not to visit this forum anymore, not to post here anymore. I suggest this winning strategy to you, and I hope you take me most seriously.

I tried to hold my breath till they gave in, but I passed out...my wife tells me I did turn funny colors though, so it wasnt all a waste

Brigadine

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6233 on: October 06, 2015, 02:03:49 AM »
I said the team was serious but ncsoft wasn't?

Rejolt

• Elite Boss
  • Infinity Server 2005-2012
« Reply #6234 on: October 06, 2015, 03:05:21 AM »
http://m.packers.com/news/video/rodgers-r-e-l-a-x-remix-5b3c8795-d6df-439f-8d36-95aa273b4973

I have a good friend who is a Packer and CoH fan... So figured why not.
Rejolt Industries LLC is now a thing. Woo!

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #6235 on: October 06, 2015, 03:26:39 AM »
From my personal perspective, Paragon Chat gives me 65% of what I valued in the game.  I can create characters and bios, share them with other people in a common environment and tour the world of Paragon City.  It makes it a lot easier for me to be patient on everything else. 

Quoted For Truth
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #6236 on: October 06, 2015, 06:01:43 AM »
Raising their stock price should help them.

It almost sounded there like you believe selling City of Heroes would increase NCSoft's stock price.  That's not even a question, just an observational incredulity.

ricodah

• Boss
« Reply #6237 on: October 06, 2015, 12:14:10 PM »

I understand the frustration, my patience grows thin at times as well. But in the end, the community was always CoH's strongest trait. Some people spent more time in the forums than in the game. Talking builds, strategies, stories, ideas, accomplishments, future issues etc. Nowadays it's different topics but same old community. Coming to CoHTitan often just hoping for the BIG news is similar to watching water boil or paint dry.

I think there was an email signup for updates, someone will probably correct me if I'm wrong or post the signup if I'm right. Signup, take a break from the forums, play new games, get back to old hobbies/start new ones etc. Hopefully we will get the update we're all waiting for someday in the near future and we can all meet up in the Sewer Trial!

If there's no signup for updates, pm me your email address and I'll send you the ground breaking news of the return when it comes.

darkgob

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6238 on: October 06, 2015, 12:33:58 PM »
I think there was an email signup for updates

Good news, anyone!  There is!  It's been sitting there for the past 8 months.

Twisted Toon

• New Efforts # 13,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #6239 on: October 06, 2015, 04:23:10 PM »
Ok, fine. I finally made a signature with a few quotes  to help get across the idea that hope is something that you choose, not something that just happens.

Unfortunately, I see a a lot of people choose to give up hope in favor of being miserable. To them, I say, "Pbttbtbtbtbtbtb"  :P

Hope never abandons you, you abandon it. - George Weinberg

Hope ... is not a feeling; it is something you do. - Katherine Paterson

Nobody really cares if you're miserable, so you might as well be happy. - Cynthia Nelms