Author Topic: What Would Your First New Character Be?  (Read 18003 times)

Supermax

• Minion
Re: What Would Your First New Character Be?
« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2014, 02:53:34 PM »
Quote from: TBoxer
While the SS/Fire may have been slightly faster, I enjoyed using the Elec/Fire more mainly due to Lightning Rod. Loved using it whenever it was up, and I don't think I'll ever get tired of its animation. :D

Yeah, I had an elec/elec scrapper, and I think LR was pretty much the most rewarding power in the game. Just felt so awesome each and every time. :)

Harlequin565

• Lieutenant
    • Shuttercount - A Photography site...
« Reply #41 on: September 02, 2014, 05:15:25 PM »

Is that a commemorative plate of Hero1 in your signature? If so, just awesome.

It (was) my CoX launch icon for Object Dock back when I had both CoH and ObjectDock. I think I have other icons in a similar vein (circular for a dock) so if you want 'em, drop me a PM with your email address.

Who knows what the future may bring! I might need them again :)

hejtmane

• Elite Boss
« Reply #42 on: September 02, 2014, 07:00:47 PM »
Hmmm, after I'm done recreating old chars, my very first new char will be an elec/elec scrapper followed by a Dark/Fire Dominator... or maybe an Earth/Dark Troller... or maybe... gah, I knew this was going to happen

Haha you should do elec/sd scrapper I had a friend with that heard up for aao hit build up > shield charge + lighting rod means nothing left

Number9

• Minion
« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2014, 04:22:05 AM »
I initially thought I would revise my favorite characters but then I thought, 'why am I being lazy about this?'  Now I've plotted out three whole new characters with backstories etc.  I'm looking forward to making these new creations.
Formerly of Virtue server: Number 9, StormBird, Magic8Ball, Fyv, and many others I care not to mention in the desperate hopes I get to recreate them and use their names once again.

Power Gamer

• Elite Boss
  • Reaching troubled youth...one Hellion at a time!
« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2014, 04:39:40 AM »
I initially thought I would revise my favorite characters but then I thought, 'why am I being lazy about this?'  Now I've plotted out three whole new characters with backstories etc.  I'm looking forward to making these new creations.

True, Number9.

Yet I will recreate a couple of toons that were favs as well as one toon who represented a memorial of a friend who passed away. I made a toon that exemplified his qualities and played him quite often as a rememberance.

His wife who also played, was quite touched.
It takes a village to raise a child. And it takes a villain to explain the value of lunch money.

-Random CoHer: "Why does the sky turn green during Rikti invasions?"
-Me:"Rikti Monkey farts"
-Random CoHer: "I'm going to you for all my questions from now on!"

Number9

• Minion
« Reply #45 on: September 03, 2014, 05:00:07 AM »
True, Number9.

Yet I will recreate a couple of toons that were favs as well as one toon who represented a memorial of a friend who passed away. I made a toon that exemplified his qualities and played him quite often as a rememberance.

His wife who also played, was quite touched.

What can one say.  That's an excellent tribute.
Formerly of Virtue server: Number 9, StormBird, Magic8Ball, Fyv, and many others I care not to mention in the desperate hopes I get to recreate them and use their names once again.

Teikiatsu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #46 on: September 03, 2014, 11:37:19 AM »
An addendum. 

I will be creating two accounts, one primarily for myself and one for my wife and son.  I'll try to reserve the names for my wife's favorite toons and try to level them some on the side.

However, my son is a HUGE Iron Man fan.  I'll be making 'Metal Guy' or something similar, deck him out in gold and fire engine red, and have an Energy/Devices blaster going to town on Paragon villains!
Virtue Server - Main: Midnight Lightning Dark/Elec/Psi Defender

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfKUPgy_xH8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EitO6Wq_9A

Safehouse

• Elite Boss
  • Sometimes it's harder to let go than to hold on.
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #47 on: September 03, 2014, 11:58:23 AM »

With you on this one. I've been kind of second guessing my decision too. I never really tried out Water, for example. I also never got into defenders of corruptors - and pain dom sounds kind of like an awesome powerset. Maybe I would try some of that stuff out.

Meanwhile, I'm redownloading the CoH client (lost it when my computer got a virus) and Icon so that I can start designing things. Waiting for the stuff to finish downloading is killing me!!
Name: Safehouse     Origin: Magic
Powers: Energy Blast/Electricity Manipulation/Flame Mastery/Teleportation
Security Level: 50+
Last Seen: Wandering the empty streets of the evacuated Paragon City.

Number9

• Minion
« Reply #48 on: September 03, 2014, 10:37:29 PM »
With you on this one. I've been kind of second guessing my decision too. I never really tried out Water, for example. I also never got into defenders of corruptors - and pain dom sounds kind of like an awesome powerset. Maybe I would try some of that stuff out.

Meanwhile, I'm redownloading the CoH client (lost it when my computer got a virus) and Icon so that I can start designing things. Waiting for the stuff to finish downloading is killing me!!

OK ... please point me in the direction of where I can DL the client!  PM me if need be.  All I have are my disks from original launch.

artbunker

• Lieutenant
« Reply #49 on: September 03, 2014, 10:42:29 PM »
My very first new character will be my very first old one. It was a mind/kin controller. Useless in the beginning, but awsome by 38-50 and beyond :)

Phaetan

• Elite Boss
« Reply #50 on: September 03, 2014, 11:35:52 PM »

Ankhammon

• Elite Boss
« Reply #51 on: September 04, 2014, 04:55:01 AM »

Defenders and corrupters are like totally awesome. They can really break things if done right. for example one of my first chars will be a defender that should be able to easily go past the effective resistance numbers of any tank.

But if I were you and wanted a pain dom, I would make him a MM. You get all sorts of powers in Pain that are very useful for pets.

and officially, my first two chars will be a Nature Affinity/Dual Pistol/Mu Defender (I was just talking about) and a Kinetic/Bio Armor/Leviathan brute (which will be mostly a ranged character).
Cogito, Ergo... eh?

Spellcaster Hana

• Minion
  • City of Heroes will always and forever be my home.
    • Hana's Deviantart
« Reply #52 on: September 04, 2014, 05:13:59 AM »
I would be recreating my original main ice/ice blaster of course!  :D
"Sometimes, crossing the line is necessary in order to move forward."
"ALL HAIL EMPEROR COLE!!!" ( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
----------
My Deviantart: http://hanariblue.deviantart.com

Safehouse

• Elite Boss
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #53 on: September 04, 2014, 11:06:00 AM »
Defenders and corrupters are like totally awesome. They can really break things if done right. for example one of my first chars will be a defender that should be able to easily go past the effective resistance numbers of any tank.

But if I were you and wanted a pain dom, I would make him a MM. You get all sorts of powers in Pain that are very useful for pets.

and officially, my first two chars will be a Nature Affinity/Dual Pistol/Mu Defender (I was just talking about) and a Kinetic/Bio Armor/Leviathan brute (which will be mostly a ranged character).

As someone who loved Mu and Kinetic, both of your choices look pretty great to me! Now, I'm thinking a kinetic/regen/mu scrapper. Just for funsies. And I'll definitely look closer into defenders/corruptors. They deserve a fair chance.

So what are your thoughts on demons/pain? It sounds very "hellish overlord" haha.

pmoyer

• Minion
  • Please leave a message at the sound of the tone...
    • Magnetic Terrapin Studios
« Reply #54 on: September 04, 2014, 05:54:55 PM »
Heh, as it turns out, I'd already started working on a table of potential new characters (whipped up in Icon) on my paragonwiki page, right below my one-and-only level 50 character. :)

As it stands, though, I'd probably rebuild my main Katana/Willpower scrapper (if nothing else, to grab her "Hero Name" to serve as my proper global chat handle ^_-; ), but then after that, so ... many... choices... *.*

--- Philip

« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 06:01:40 PM by pmoyer »

Ankhammon

• Elite Boss
« Reply #55 on: September 04, 2014, 06:53:57 PM »
As someone who loved Mu and Kinetic, both of your choices look pretty great to me! Now, I'm thinking a kinetic/regen/mu scrapper. Just for funsies. And I'll definitely look closer into defenders/corruptors. They deserve a fair chance.

So what are your thoughts on demons/pain? It sounds very "hellish overlord" haha.

I would think that they would go well together. Demon pets have resists which goes with the world of pain +resist making them reasonably tough. This works well with the +regen aura and any pet would love the +dam and other goodies in your healz.

Thinking about it, the combo should lend itself really well to bodyguard tanking.

Only part I don't like is you would have little in the way of CC. Exploring the Presence line might help that.
Cogito, Ergo... eh?

Safehouse

• Elite Boss
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #56 on: September 05, 2014, 11:54:38 AM »
I would think that they would go well together. Demon pets have resists which goes with the world of pain +resist making them reasonably tough. This works well with the +regen aura and any pet would love the +dam and other goodies in your healz.

Thinking about it, the combo should lend itself really well to bodyguard tanking.

Only part I don't like is you would have little in the way of CC. Exploring the Presence line might help that.

Yeah, I'll definitely have to explore it a bit. Do some research, etc. Since it would be my first mastermind that I'm actually excited about making, and can actually play, I want to do it well!

Kelltick

• Boss
« Reply #57 on: September 05, 2014, 07:33:14 PM »
Still trying to decide between:

Sonic/Sonic Defender
Storm/Elec Defender
Grav/Kin Controller

Teikiatsu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #58 on: September 05, 2014, 08:57:17 PM »
Still trying to decide between:

Sonic/Sonic Defender
Storm/Elec Defender
Grav/Kin Controller

Embrace your inner altoholic
Virtue Server - Main: Midnight Lightning Dark/Elec/Psi Defender

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfKUPgy_xH8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EitO6Wq_9A

Power Gamer

• Elite Boss
  • Reaching troubled youth...one Hellion at a time!
« Reply #59 on: September 06, 2014, 04:47:01 AM »
You bet I shall, Teikiatsu!

Embrace your inner altoholic
It takes a village to raise a child. And it takes a villain to explain the value of lunch money.

-Random CoHer: "Why does the sky turn green during Rikti invasions?"
-Me:"Rikti Monkey farts"
-Random CoHer: "I'm going to you for all my questions from now on!"