Author Topic: Something You Wish They Added  (Read 24421 times)

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
Re: Something You Wish They Added
« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2014, 05:03:44 AM »
Yep. Check out what might've been.
anyone know how far along they were in it?
One day the Phoenix will rise again.

Ankhammon

• Elite Boss
« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2014, 04:46:40 PM »
anyone know how far along they were in it?

If you have Icon beta you can see the set. They didn't have animations for it yet, just placeholders.
Cogito, Ergo... eh?

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2014, 04:57:54 AM »
Give me a break, yeah one could store salvage in racks and at the vault reserve.  Imagine hiring level 37 and going through a respec even saving your level 30 io's in the enhancement tables.  Now you need about 80 level 40 enhancements.  No problem I have an alt who memorized all the most common level 40 enhancement recipes.  So you bring that guy up make about 20 level 40 enhancements, but oh no you need a silver bar to craft that endurance discount.  You scan the salvage racks, fresh out cause you used it up.  You check all your other toons and vault reserveand the aauction Housestorage.  No bleeping silver bars to be found.  It's common salvage people.  It should sell at common prices.  DO NOT CHANGE THE AUCTION HOUSE, provide a junk dealer.  That's all I was trying to say. 
You know Wall Street prevents people for manipulating the market, maybe some of those practices might help, but junk dealers definitely.

I like it when the market works as intended.  I got too much of this, so I sellz it ta you for a rreasonable price, we both walk away happy.
Dude, common salvage should be readily available.

Young Tutor

• Minion
« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2014, 09:54:03 PM »
Give me a break, yeah one could store salvage in racks and at the vault reserve.  Imagine hiring level 37 and going through a respec even saving your level 30 io's in the enhancement tables.  Now you need about 80 level 40 enhancements.  No problem I have an alt who memorized all the most common level 40 enhancement recipes.  So you bring that guy up make about 20 level 40 enhancements, but oh no you need a silver bar to craft that endurance discount.  You scan the salvage racks, fresh out cause you used it up.  You check all your other toons and vault reserveand the aauction Housestorage.  No bleeping silver bars to be found.  It's common salvage people.  It should sell at common prices.  DO NOT CHANGE THE AUCTION HOUSE, provide a junk dealer.  That's all I was trying to say. 
You know Wall Street prevents people for manipulating the market, maybe some of those practices might help, but junk dealers definitely.

I like it when the market works as intended.  I got too much of this, so I sellz it ta you for a rreasonable price, we both walk away happy.

They had the equivalent of a "junk dealer" in the AE building. You could trade tickets for random common salvage in your preferred level range, your choice of arcane or tech. One big issue with that was for many people the AE building was just a place to farm tickets, and that wasn't their thing.

You could do a similar thing by giving Mr. Yin a set of repeatable mission or story arc that would give salvage rewards. Perhaps an option of [X] specific common salvage, [Y} random common, salvage, [Z] uncommon salvage selectable with a timer (similar to SSAs). Then if you want a particular piece of salvage, you can either pay market price for it, or work to create the salvage yourself.

Burnt Toast

• Elite Boss
  • Tastes Good!
« Reply #44 on: August 19, 2014, 07:45:19 PM »

Maybe in CoH2... but it has been said numerous times when CoH comes back it will be in maintenance mode at Issue 24.

I never had the problem you are mentioning but then again I was an evil marketeer who had billions. My advice to people for things you don't want to pay inflated prices on.... reward merits or AE tickets. I also had a private SG base that was maxed out on storage which helped immensely as well. I just see no need for what you are proposing as there are already so many ways to avoid paying a large price for anything in the market.

therain93

• Elite Boss
« Reply #45 on: August 21, 2014, 02:56:38 PM »
What I really wish they added to the game was offline, character-based npc occupation and defense of bases.

WHAT?

So, basically, it would have been really awesome to see bases populated with NPC copies of every supergoup member who was offline. If someone came online, the NPC copy would "step out of the room", so to speak.  Also, as NPCs, they would serve as base defense if someone were to raid, especially during off-peak hours.  Considering the doppleganger tech was in place, it didn't seem like a stretch.

A more sophisticated implementation would allow base builders to put in rally points where those NPCs could cluster if need be and players could set an offline AI strategy--heal, melee, etc.  In addition, new prestige sink could be a budget that is set that pays for the number of NPCs to occupy the base at a given time -- a high budget could allow every offline member to be in the base, or a low one would have only a few, random NPCs in there.

I could imagine countless hours spent just trying to raid other people's bases, and it would add an extra element of atmosphere for those "solo" supergroup bases.  Think of the challenges and bragging rights....."My base has survived 42 raids and no one was able to take it...."

« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 03:03:10 PM by therain93 »
@Texarkana - March 5, 2004 - December 1, 2012 -- Imageshack |-| Youtube
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You don't know what it's like.... |-| Book One. Chapter one...

therain93

• Elite Boss
« Reply #46 on: August 21, 2014, 03:11:45 PM »
Something else I would have liked to have seen was a PVP toggle for safeguard and mayhem missions.

WHAT?

Basically, it would have been great to have other players enter your safeguard and mayhem missions as opposing forces, using an opt-in toggle.

Safeguard missions were cool.  Mayhem missions were downright fun.  And, naturally, over the course of those missions, you had a primary named NPC that you fought.  Now, imagine, you opt into a PVP based mayhem mission.  You're wrecking the place, busting into the bank and the radio alert flashes...."Golden Girl has arrived on the scene...." (if she was a solo player arriving) or "Golden Girl and her team have arrived on the scene" if a team tp'd in.  Now you have dynamic PVP with atmosphere that people can opt into......sa-weet.

I think things like this and the offline NPC base defense would have simply been more tools for emergent, sandbox-like gameplay/replayability that players continued to create using the raids, incarnate content and architect systems.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 03:17:09 PM by therain93 »
@Texarkana - March 5, 2004 - December 1, 2012 -- Imageshack |-| Youtube
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You don't know what it's like.... |-| Book One. Chapter one...

Gatecrasher

• Underling
« Reply #47 on: August 21, 2014, 06:17:50 PM »
1) Issue 24, natch.  :)
2) In Ice Melee, Greater Ice Sword needed a damage bump.  Relative to its animation time, it was awful.
2a) Ice Melee & Ice Armor for Brutes (I know, there were issues centered on extremely slowed mobs not swinging often enough to create aggro, but we're smart people, we could figure something out).
3) Those Radiation Melee & Radiation Armor sets they had in the on-deck circle.  I was quite heartbroken that I never got to use them.  :)

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #48 on: August 21, 2014, 11:39:41 PM »

So I thought I would address this as I have seen it several times.  Salvage was often overpriced.  But just because people were paying 1,250,000 for a piece of a silver doesn't mean they all were selling for it.  I would frequently drop 100k on a piece of silver because I didn't want to play the market and just needed the piece.  But all you had to do is put a bid for like 200 inf and you would get that piece of salvage within the hour.  Most people were selling salvage at like 1 inf and people just paid what ever they wanted to pay.  So the markets were actually never cornered.  Just because the last 5 bids sold for lots of money doesn't mean they all are.  People just saw that the pieces were being bought for that much so people assumed they were being sold for that much.  I never sold a piece of salvage for more then 1 inf.  And people were frequently paying hundreds of thousands of inf for pieces they could have gotten for 2 inf.  And I made literally billions on the AH.  Like real life, other's impatience will make you very very rich.  But no one actually ever HAD to pay that much.  You should have never had to pay more then 100 inf for a piece of common salvage.  I never did unless I was just being impatient and was entering a price I knew would for sure get it.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 11:55:43 PM by Taceus Jiwede »

Gatecrasher

• Underling
« Reply #49 on: August 22, 2014, 01:04:47 PM »
So I thought I would address this as I have seen it several times.  Salvage was often overpriced.  But just because people were paying 1,250,000 for a piece of a silver doesn't mean they all were selling for it.  I would frequently drop 100k on a piece of silver because I didn't want to play the market and just needed the piece.  But all you had to do is put a bid for like 200 inf and you would get that piece of salvage within the hour.  Most people were selling salvage at like 1 inf and people just paid what ever they wanted to pay.  So the markets were actually never cornered.  Just because the last 5 bids sold for lots of money doesn't mean they all are.  People just saw that the pieces were being bought for that much so people assumed they were being sold for that much.  I never sold a piece of salvage for more then 1 inf.  And people were frequently paying hundreds of thousands of inf for pieces they could have gotten for 2 inf.  And I made literally billions on the AH.  Like real life, other's impatience will make you very very rich.  But no one actually ever HAD to pay that much.  You should have never had to pay more then 100 inf for a piece of common salvage.  I never did unless I was just being impatient and was entering a price I knew would for sure get it.

QFT.  I was far from a "market master," if for no other reason than it wasn't how I wanted to spend my time in-game.  :) Once Flashbacks and the AE came into being, there was no reason to cry over salvage (for a long time, I would spend some time chilling with my PB, I'd exemplar her to L10, and just fly up and down the Hellions' territories in Perez Park, strafing the pancakes out of them and gathering salvage).  While I wasn't a billionaire, I could usually afford the things I wanted if I kept it sensible.  When I bought salvage at market value, I called that my "impatience tax".

I thought of two more wish-list things:

Tie a name's uniqueness to your global, so "name@me" and "name@you" can both be on he same server.  Very frustrating to get locked out of a name just b/c some guy spent a long weekend in a char back in 2006.

In the morality system, the in-between folks (rogues and vigilantes), when they got tips in their "visiting" area, couldn't use them on their current alignment.  So like, a rogue in Paragon City gets a tip, it can only advance his Hero alignment bar, not his rogue one.  I'd have very much liked if I could be more roguish in Paragon, ditto for vigilantes in the Isles.

Gate

mrultimate

• Elite Boss
« Reply #50 on: August 22, 2014, 02:15:52 PM »
Personal Player housing with storage. This way players would have a way to separate what they wanted to keep for themselves while allowing the SG base storage to be for all SG members without having to watch the restrictions.

Golden Girl

• One Liners and Winky Faces
  • Elite Boss
    • Heroes and Villains
« Reply #51 on: August 26, 2014, 01:06:03 AM »
I'm treating this as an HaV suggestions thread ;)
"Heroes and Villains" website - http://www.heroes-and-villains.com
"Heroes and Villains" on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/HeroesAndVillainsMMORPG
"Heroes and Villains" on Twitter - https://twitter.com/Plan_Z_Studios
"Heroes and Villains" teaser trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnjKqNPfFv8
Artwork - http://goldengirlcoh.deviantart.com

Power Gamer

• Elite Boss
  • Reaching troubled youth...one Hellion at a time!
« Reply #52 on: August 26, 2014, 05:59:17 AM »
Personal Player housing with storage. This way players would have a way to separate what they wanted to keep for themselves while allowing the SG base storage to be for all SG members without having to watch the restrictions.

Yes, please.
It takes a village to raise a child. And it takes a villain to explain the value of lunch money.

-Random CoHer: "Why does the sky turn green during Rikti invasions?"
-Me:"Rikti Monkey farts"
-Random CoHer: "I'm going to you for all my questions from now on!"

Safehouse

• Elite Boss
  • Sometimes it's harder to let go than to hold on.
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #53 on: August 26, 2014, 10:45:04 AM »
The power to play a Mu. I mean yeah you could role play as a mystic Mu....

But the Arachnos Mu... dear lord I fell in love with them. The way they float, their double capes and their "MUmmy" apparel.

This ^^ So much this. I loved the Mu. I also would have wanted to have, on top of their powers, their costume pieces as well.

In a similar vein, asymmetrical costume pieces would have been awesome. It's something that City of Titans is developing, which is great. I just think they CoH could have done it too. And I would have liked arm cannons a la Mega Man.

Other than that, the other thing I wanted was a martial arts/super strength type secondary for blasters so that my main, Safehouse, could be exactly as I'd planned him. Sadly, my wish was on the test server just as the game was canceled.

Ahhhh... c'est la vie.
Name: Safehouse     Origin: Magic
Powers: Energy Blast/Electricity Manipulation/Flame Mastery/Teleportation
Security Level: 50+
Last Seen: Wandering the empty streets of the evacuated Paragon City.

impiousimp

• Lieutenant
« Reply #54 on: September 03, 2014, 05:06:59 AM »
Hoodies.

Zombie Hustler

• Elite Boss
« Reply #55 on: September 03, 2014, 06:18:24 AM »
A continuation of the Resistance/Loyalist storyline (with side switching) through First Ward and beyond.

More story based incorporation of side switching mechanics on Blue/Red sides; actual story arcs, not just (essentially) paper/radio missions.

Along with the above, either the undercover options of Gold side (probably not quite as fitting, thematically), or a full 1-50 series of story arcs designed around Rogues/Vigilantes.

ferreirp88

• Underling
« Reply #56 on: September 03, 2014, 01:59:41 PM »
I would've really liked "hero versions" of the masterminds pets. For example,  samurais instead of ninja or medieval knights instead of zombies, and the choice to customize your pets. so for those who want clown pets you can just customize your thugs. Also would've liked more tattoo options/body piercing.

MaidMercury

• Elite Boss
« Reply #57 on: September 05, 2014, 05:47:49 AM »
I sometimes wished we could have been able to post notes in our SG's.
To let fellow members know of perhaps, dates to play TF's or run peoples' mish's.
or even post personal requests for items?

I know we had email but it seems like a less obtrusive way to post events to SG members.
It would make it more fun in my opinion instead of an SG being a cold dungeon like place merely
to grab inspirations, salvage.

Night-Hawk07

• Elite Boss
« Reply #58 on: September 05, 2014, 07:26:10 AM »
Vehicles would be number one on my list. The other thing I always wanted was actually one of the few things I liked about WoW; "seamless" zone transitions. In the CoH world, it'd be the elimination of the war walls, but it'd give us a full city to run around in as we pleased. And vehicles would probably fit in in that environment much better, since I'm sure if you combined the different zones together as one map, it'd be a huge map. I know they likely didn't have the tech for that, and even if they did, it'd have been one helluva project, but I think it'd have been fun to see and really add to the already amazing level of immersion the game had.

Cailyn Alaynn

• Elite Boss
  • Never give in.
« Reply #59 on: September 05, 2014, 11:33:49 AM »
Vehicles would be number one on my list. The other thing I always wanted was actually one of the few things I liked about WoW; "seamless" zone transitions. In the CoH world, it'd be the elimination of the war walls, but it'd give us a full city to run around in as we pleased. And vehicles would probably fit in in that environment much better, since I'm sure if you combined the different zones together as one map, it'd be a huge map. I know they likely didn't have the tech for that, and even if they did, it'd have been one helluva project, but I think it'd have been fun to see and really add to the already amazing level of immersion the game had.

Kind of like this? The War Walls are still there, but it's all one large seemless world. (Click the spoiler tag for Image)
Spoiler for Hidden:
"Let's get dangerous..."
Lead Developer and Master of Mischief - Revival Project.
Revival website: APR.Pc-Logix.com