Author Topic: Something You Wish They Added  (Read 24423 times)

LuxunS

• Underling
Re: Something You Wish They Added
« Reply #80 on: October 15, 2014, 12:45:55 AM »
Since having defense counts as debuffing the enemy's accuracy, archvillains ignored 90% of your defense (not resistance).  This meant that your vaunted 90% mitigation is now a measly 9% mitigation.  The total incoming dps would thus be raised from 10% to 81%, a total boost of 710% more damage.  Ouch?  Surely there's a better method out there somewhere.  Too late now, I guess.

This is not how defenses worked against AVs.  Defense worked the same against AVs as it did any other creature.

Jorge Firebomb

• Minion
« Reply #81 on: October 15, 2014, 01:25:52 AM »
Yeah I'm pretty sure AVs and GMs followed the same rules, they just probably had higher accuracy to begin with so defense didn't seem as effective.

LuxunS

• Underling
« Reply #82 on: October 15, 2014, 04:27:20 AM »

Jorge Firebomb

• Minion
« Reply #83 on: October 15, 2014, 04:40:35 AM »
One thing that did surprise me while I was perusing the wiki was how -def debuffs worked. The idea of a -def debuff making your more vulnerable to further -def debuffs strikes me as very limiting to defense based sets. I think the term on the wiki was Cascade Defense Failure or something similar, and would probably have been fixed by either giving defense sets resistance to -def debuffs, or by making -def debuffs always work against the original value before any other debuffs were applied.

blacksly

• Elite Boss
« Reply #84 on: October 15, 2014, 11:49:09 PM »

JennSpace

• Lieutenant
« Reply #85 on: October 18, 2014, 03:13:38 PM »
New graphics made with the Unreal engine 4 ...wait, that's already being made right now in the form of the APR!  ;D

Seriously, I can't think of anything apart from the graphics ...everything else is just perfect, in my book! :O
Missed in action in the Rikti War Zone, almost 2 years ago.

therain93

• Elite Boss
« Reply #86 on: November 02, 2014, 09:38:25 PM »
Yeah...I always wanted an Enhancement or something that had the side effect of making KB powers KD, and vice versa.

There was, as a reward from the Summer Blockbuster event.

http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Overwhelming_Force:_Damage/Chance_for_Knockdown/Knockback_to_Knockdown
@Texarkana - March 5, 2004 - December 1, 2012 -- Imageshack |-| Youtube
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You don't know what it's like.... |-| Book One. Chapter one...

Cailyn Alaynn

• Elite Boss
  • Never give in.
« Reply #87 on: November 03, 2014, 08:36:11 AM »

http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Overwhelming_Force:_Damage/Chance_for_Knockdown/Knockback_to_Knockdown

RIGHT... I totally forgot about it! By that point I was too in love with my main to try it out on a KB toon. xD
"Let's get dangerous..."
Lead Developer and Master of Mischief - Revival Project.
Revival website: APR.Pc-Logix.com

Minotaur

• Elite Boss
« Reply #88 on: November 03, 2014, 10:55:51 AM »

I loved this addition, I wanted to play a MA scrapper but hated the massive KB that was on the low level high damage attack, I slotted one of these in it and then had tremendous fun with a MA/shield scrapper in the last few days of the game.

Drauger9

• Elite Boss
    • My gaming blog
« Reply #89 on: November 03, 2014, 08:49:27 PM »
Hopefully when the game comes back, we'll be able to do that event.

I knew about the IO but wasn't sure how to get it. So now I'd love to try it with Tornado on my bots/storm MM. :)

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #90 on: November 04, 2014, 05:04:56 AM »
I always wanted female pets, like ninjas and so forth I never understood why they did not include them. Also having battle fans like in Dynasty Warriors 2-9 since we did have duel blades.
One day the Phoenix will rise again.

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
« Reply #91 on: November 04, 2014, 06:57:33 AM »
I always wanted more body types, like Huge female (she Hulk) and multi-armed, and snake-bottom like the nagas. I always seemed silly that at the very least there wasn't a huge female to match the huge male. and later, with the praetorean clockwork's ability to have transparent body parts and the spider arms of the arachnos backpack it seemed like there were modeling options already in the client for more forms.
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #92 on: November 04, 2014, 05:51:48 PM »
Three costume pieces spring to mind:

1. I wanted a hardhat for my construction-worker-turned-earth-dominator. Some passer-by NPCs had them, but the best that I could do was a yellow military helmet, which looked dorky.

2. A cloth trenchcoat for my dual-pistols private eye. The leather one just looked wrong.

3. When I remake my dual-pistols cowboy, I'm REALLY going to miss the holsters that I now have in CO. We need holstered pistols, sheathed swords (hip-slung and back-slung), back-slung rifles, etc. (which CO also has). My CoH toons are tired of having to store their weapons in hammerspace.
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #93 on: November 07, 2014, 05:36:49 AM »
Restrooms.
My toons are about ready to explode!!

Burnt Toast

• Elite Boss
  • Tastes Good!
« Reply #94 on: November 09, 2014, 05:30:06 PM »
1. Fingers
2. The ability to turn all KB powers to KD (With the IO you could only use it on one power)
3. More Targeted AOE Enhancement sets
4. More Healing sets (Including more Accuracte Healing sets)
5. Martial Arts for Brutes
6. More "regular"/street clothes... heck lots more clothing options...

ICEMAN

• Underling
  • Still affected by ED
« Reply #95 on: November 09, 2014, 10:30:26 PM »
(1) Make all the power sets available to all Classes. Make min/max slotting by Class type & bonus for Class specific powers.
(2) In the Character creator : (A) Neck pieces (Colored neck piece, Collars, Chains, Ties, ect...)
                                           (B) Non spiked versions of shoulder pieces, belts, & gloves.           
                                           (C) Plain versions of all items with textures & patterns.
                                           (D) Masks with 2 color capabilities ( a "V" shape on top & a stripe that runs down the middle)
                                           (E) A mask that looks just like the plain Skull mask without the nose piece & the eyes as a 2nd color.
                                           (F) "V" style boots up (Wonder Woman) "V" style boots down (Superman)
(3) Space travel
(4) Personal Unique Villains for Heroes & Personal Unique Heroes for Villains (player created)
(5) Unique Power that could edited by the player (effect, range, recharge, action emote, colors)
(6) Costume changes to Mastermind Pets (Hated that you could change their names but not their appearance)
Be as brave as you like, we have yet to meet in person. Then and only then, I will invite you to say that again...to my face!

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #96 on: November 14, 2014, 11:21:07 PM »
I think a place to buy salvage out right would be nice.

Power Gamer

• Elite Boss
  • Reaching troubled youth...one Hellion at a time!
« Reply #97 on: November 15, 2014, 04:07:52 AM »
Lattes and Harley Davidsons.
It takes a village to raise a child. And it takes a villain to explain the value of lunch money.

-Random CoHer: "Why does the sky turn green during Rikti invasions?"
-Me:"Rikti Monkey farts"
-Random CoHer: "I'm going to you for all my questions from now on!"

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #98 on: November 17, 2014, 09:55:09 PM »
This is not how defenses worked against AVs.  Defense worked the same against AVs as it did any other creature.

Unless the poster last played the game in Issue 6.  The critter accuracy change that made this true was implemented in Issue 7.

Prior to Issue 7, higher ranked critters effectively had tohit buffs rather than enhanced intrinsic accuracy.  And prior to Issue 4, they were pretty large.  The original tohit of critters went something like minions = 50%, Lts = 62.5%, Bosses = 75%, AVs = 90%, turrets = 115%.

That means a +5 Malta engineer, a measly Lt, could spawn a turret that had an effective tohit of 140% in Issue 2.  You could be running around with perma-elude and still have the turret connect about half the time, effectively turning perma-elude into the equivalent of zero defense.

Of course, even years later players still thought high rank critters had (essentially) high tohit, making me wonder if many players in 2010 were learning about the game from really old google cached guides written in 2005.

GenericHero05

• New Efforts # 7,000!
  • Boss
« Reply #99 on: November 17, 2014, 10:48:48 PM »
Hasten insperations.
If I was a Jedi, there's a 100% chance that I'd use The Force inappropriately.