Author Topic: Something You Wish They Added  (Read 24413 times)

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
  • Outside known realities.
Re: Something You Wish They Added
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2014, 03:58:33 PM »
Ability to use more than one aura on a character, or perhaps separate aura slots per body part.
We were heroes. We were villains. At the end of the world we all fought as one. It's what we did that defines us.
The end occurred pretty much as we predicted: all servers redlining until midnight... and then no servers to go around.

Somewhere beyond time and space, if you look hard you might find a flash of silver trailing crimson: a lone lost Spartan on his way home.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2014, 03:17:26 AM »
I liked throwing snowballs at other toons.
And having coolant fights after the respec trials.
So more stuff like that, playful PVP.

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2014, 02:05:44 AM »
Hardmode versions of every TF.  So you can do them all at 50 if you wanted.  Or possibly even 50(+1)

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2014, 05:11:57 AM »
Did anybody say junk dealer.
That would make salvage easily bought without having to buy it from the auction House for some ridiculous amount like 10,000 inf. When selling it at any store is 250 inf.

The auction House needs ways to prevent players from cornering the market.
Make money the old fashion way, through drops.

Kriiden

• Lieutenant
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2014, 08:04:29 AM »
Clown Summoning. Enough said.

Burnt Toast

• Elite Boss
  • Tastes Good!
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2014, 03:51:06 PM »

There are other ways to get salvage other than influence.

The market fills a void for people who do not want to use their merits or AE tickets to get salvage,
There is no need for changes to the market... the market works exactly how it should. The only reason that salvage is so high (at times) is because there is a shortage of supply and people are willing to pay more due to that shortage). Prices on salvage fluctuate from one extreme to the other...most people who have a problem with the price are "Gots to have it now" people. You don't want to get burned on the market house....plan ahead and put your low bids in before you "need" the item. You will be amazed at what a little patience will save you influence wise....

Did anybody say junk dealer.
That would make salvage easily bought without having to buy it from the auction House for some ridiculous amount like 10,000 inf. When selling it at any store is 250 inf.

The auction House needs ways to prevent players from cornering the market.
Make money the old fashion way, through drops.

Ultraamann

• Minion
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2014, 06:31:14 PM »
I wish the developers added the function/ability to team with the players own characters. Example:  I'm playing my mind/kin and I want to keep playing him but I need some more damage.  I could look for another player, but maybe I can't find anyone or I'm feeling anti social.  So with this function I could stay logged in to my mind/kin controller and summon another character to play as a pet/companion like my claws/sr scrapper or maybe my peacebringer.  And then with the sidekick/exemplar system my summoned characters could be at any level I need them to be.  They could even allow some exp to filter to the summoned characters so players could level more than one alt at a time. :)

This would be awesome.  I would love to run a full team of my own characters.

MWRuger

• New Efforts # 1,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • The Devil is in the details! Quick! Get him out!
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2014, 07:49:12 PM »

The market fills a void for people who do not want to use their merits or AE tickets to get salvage,
There is no need for changes to the market... the market works exactly how it should. The only reason that salvage is so high (at times) is because there is a shortage of supply and people are willing to pay more due to that shortage). Prices on salvage fluctuate from one extreme to the other...most people who have a problem with the price are "Gots to have it now" people. You don't want to get burned on the market house....plan ahead and put your low bids in before you "need" the item. You will be amazed at what a little patience will save you influence wise....

Very true! I always low prices on every kind of salvage, unless it was something I didn't want to wait on. Then I paid the "Buy it NOW" price.

I would say to JohnG that if you want salvage YOU do it the old fashioned way, through drops.
AKA TheDevilYouKnow
Return of CoH - Oh My God! It looks like it can happen!

artbunker

• Lieutenant
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2014, 09:38:26 PM »
Very true! I always low prices on every kind of salvage, unless it was something I didn't want to wait on. Then I paid the "Buy it NOW" price.

I would say to JohnG that if you want salvage YOU do it the old fashioned way, through drops.

AE tickets helped out in salvage a lot as well :)

Shifter

• Boss
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2014, 10:25:17 PM »
Not really a wish list item, but I liked the AE badges they had, and promptly retired post-release. I'd like to see them back in the game.
Stone Tank
Freedom Server

Ankhammon

• Elite Boss
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2014, 02:11:04 AM »
A new AT. One with Defender primary and Dominator secondary.

I would love to play a Nature Affinity/Earth Assault character. I don't think it would be anyone's definition of uber, but it would be a blast to play.
Cogito, Ergo... eh?

Battlechimp

• Boss
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2014, 04:32:16 AM »
I wish that they found a company who'd take an exported image of your characters to make a custom action figure or 3D printed model.

I'd have been broke, but I would have shelf full of my characters :-)
Some men were born to greatness, others had it thrust upon them.  Me?  I punted. - Col Cranston Snord

Blow things up! Blow things up! Blow things up! Blo... wait, not that!! - Jammers everywhen

Shifter

• Boss
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2014, 11:59:07 AM »
I loved Triplash idea so much on the effort's thread, I wanted to add it to this as well:
Anniversary badges via Ouro for new players so that new players can get those badges as well.
Stone Tank
Freedom Server

Nightmarer

• Boss
  • We all float down here
« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2014, 03:42:57 PM »
On top of my head:

1.- Ability to modify Eyes auras to one eye instead, choosing either left or right eye. That'd be awesome with the plate face detail (whoch now that I think, we should be able to choose also left eye plate or right eye plate. -

2.- Remove cigars fom same cathegory as beards, even bearded guys can enjoy a victory cigar every now and then!

3.- Pointed and rounded masks should be in the same place than glasses and stuff, otherwise, how do they think I'm going to make my "The Phantom" clo... err, homage?

4.- Make SG's for 150 accounts instead of 150 characters or at least expand the SG capacity to, I don't know, let's say 500 characters.-

These sound simple, I know it does not mean they are simple implementations, but if they were, they'd be awesome.-

Ankhammon

• Elite Boss
« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2014, 06:12:57 PM »

I don't believe this is exactly accurate. There were definitely players who moved to corner the market on select pieces of salvage and did so with regularity. The shortage of supply was sort of true, but when I could see there were 5,000 pieces of a particular item out there and they all cost 100,000 inf to buy (and the day before you could pick them up for 20 inf) then someone has just cornered the market for that item.
This happened partially because of similarities in IOs. For instance, all the Defensive IOs required a particular piece of salvage.

Yes, you can wait it out to buy that one piece of salvage but if the marketeers are currently still bidding this can take a while (a week or so in some instances).
Sometimes the marketeers produced a bidding war that lowered the prices some and even gave good opportunity to make some cheap inf yourself.

Yes, you could go and farm AE for tickets but this isn't as easy to do for some chars. Many of the sets out there are weak for farming and have to resort to just doing those as missions. Still way faster than waiting a week, but it does start to feel more like grinding than playing. Particularly for those with a limited time they can allot to game play.

I don't know if the problem was exactly the marketeers though as some pieces of salvage were used in many of the choice IOs and so it was easy to concentrate on those items.

Personally, I think the problem started simply because for quite a while there were many fewer options on how to spend inf during the early stages of the game. By the time that IOs and the market came into being we had quite a few players who had already obtained huge amounts of inf (not just fire/kins). They could corner the market if they wanted to or pay any amount for that piece of salvage.
This when compared to the average player and you can see where the complaints start to come in.

The solution for the market would have been for bid daddy guv'ment to step in and make selling of those items to be more limited. Basically, my thought would have been a limit of say 500 pieces of any single piece of salvage for any single player. The whole laissez faire approach was too simple for my taste.

The other solution was to change either the drop rate for those kinds of salvage (increasing them) or to change the recipes to allow for more variance.

Helpful overall would have been to increase the amount of salvage we could carry ourselves. I would have loved to see an option for that introduced into the game.

Thus endith my dissertation on CoH economics. :)
Cogito, Ergo... eh?

Power Arc X

• Minion
« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2014, 07:36:55 PM »
The ability to put your chest/SG icon onto the back of your capes. Supermans cape just looks better with the yellow S on it.

blacksly

• Elite Boss
« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2014, 07:52:09 PM »
Hardmode versions of every TF.  So you can do them all at 50 if you wanted.  Or possibly even 50(+1)

On that thought, allow characters to count as multiple characters for purposes of starting TFs, if they have their difficulty settings set so that they normally spawn mobs as if they were a team of characters.

Ankhammon

• Elite Boss
« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2014, 09:09:34 PM »
On that thought, allow characters to count as multiple characters for purposes of starting TFs, if they have their difficulty settings set so that they normally spawn mobs as if they were a team of characters.

That would have been good. I can think of several times I wanted to solo like Posi or something and just couldn't find enough ppl available to get me started. Particularly on Infinity toward the end. That server got a bit sparse from time to time.

For some reason being able to solo Posi before level 20 was a right of manhood kinda thing with me.
Cogito, Ergo... eh?

Freakenstein

• Underling
« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2014, 10:50:39 PM »
Custom colors on the Epic/Ancillary powers. A lot of the previous ideas ^ sound pretty badass as well.

Blondeshell

• Elite Boss
« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2014, 03:22:54 AM »
Wind Control - heard they were working on it.

Yep. Check out what might've been.