Author Topic: If City of Heroes came back what might stop you?  (Read 61800 times)

Tamayoke_Garimi

• Underling
Re: If City of Heroes came back what might stop you?
« Reply #120 on: July 03, 2013, 04:38:44 AM »
NOTHING

CheerGunbunny

• Lieutenant
« Reply #121 on: July 03, 2013, 10:50:36 AM »
mandatory PvP

meaning, can happen anywhere, without your consent.

NO.

Restart everyone from level 1?  um, yeah, major altaholic, no big deal...hell, my main I never even respecced post-ED since I was literally over 80% Hami-O before ED.  Still had 6-slot stamina (as pool not inherent)..:)

Pinnacle Blue

• Boss
  • Pinnacle Server is best server.
« Reply #122 on: July 08, 2013, 01:33:45 AM »
The biggest deal-breakers for me would be what look like the two most hated in this thread: mandatory PvP and Pay-to-Win.

NCSoft's involvement is also a dealbreaker unless they meet the following conditions:

1) Deliver an unmistakeable, humble apology that explains that not only do they now know what they did was wrong, but that they guarantee never to do it again with this game.

2) Offer everyone who was subscribed at the time of the closing announcement OR a more-than-one-year veteran some kind of goodies-- like an entire free purple set of their choosing, for instance.  They pissed away (with relatively few exceptions) all of the goodwill from this community, so they would definitely need to make some kind of goodwill gesture.

That said, if NCSoft weren't involved at all, I would hardly shed tears over that.  Until my game comes back they can all just batter up and go pancake themselves.

As for my characters, I wouldn't be too happy about it but I could live with recreating my favorite characters.  Some of them were in dire need of a respec, and I saved all of my favorite costumes anyway!
Warshades don't take Alphas.  They give Alphas.

goodtime

• Boss
    • my videos
« Reply #123 on: July 08, 2013, 01:50:29 AM »
I think if it came back with a clean slate - specifically without access to my characters or bases- I would have a hard time justifying a paid subscription.   I might spend a little on some veteran reward-type equivalents, but my heart wouldn't be in the game.   If I could keep all the stuff I've collected over the years and have my bases to work on and edit again, I would shell out monthly and giggle like a schoolgirl the whole time.

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
« Reply #124 on: July 08, 2013, 03:52:41 AM »
What might stop me? like others have said, an emnity towards NCSoft, or no gurantee that the game would be protected. I would not start playing again if I thought there was any chance NCSoft would shut things down again in six months or a year.

what might prevent me? a change to a new pricing schema. I played freedom mainly because it gave me the option to play without a sub price those months I couldn't afford it, so going to a new subscription model, particularly one that costs markedly more, would keep me away for practical reasons.
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor

Pinnacle Blue

• Boss
« Reply #125 on: July 08, 2013, 04:20:18 AM »
For me deal breaker would be if it was less enjoyable than the game I'm playing now.
Another one would be if they have no semblence of marketing plan.
With those two ir rather lack of those, I might as well stay where I'm at.

The last direct deal breakers are if they give no consideration to those  may not like having to team to play with too much team required content and pay to win like invention and incarnate stuff. Put up with it for a while and played it to see and not itching to do it again, especially a player ran market making inf go into hyper inflation mode faster than the Zimbabwean dollar. Then, once again, if that happens, I will be better off staying where I am already now. My dealbreakers. Mine.

Okay, I'm just going to come right out and ask.

Why are you here?

You don't seem to have liked anything about the game as it was.  Your "dealbreakers" seem to boil down to whether or not the game came back exactly as it was, i.e. with the I24 bugs still being ironed out, and without even more solo content/freebies (which there was a surfeit of).  Another "dealbreaker" you mentioned was no "semblence" [sic] of a marketing plan, but you simply would not be privy to any marketing plan, no matter how elaborate and brilliant, until well after it was implemented.

You further went on to call things that existed before Freedom and that you couldn't buy with anything but your subscription fee, without which you would have had access to precisely NONE of the game, "pay to win."  I'm not going to re-litigate that particular fight, especially not when I could better spend my time watching any random Laverne & Shirley rerun.  I just note it here for its undeniable absurdity.  (Things like this make me hope against hope that the game does NOT come back with any F2P option.)

So, given the things you've said here and elsewhere, I must ask: why are you here?  Why are you participating in this community?  I hate to say it, but you've given me no reason to believe your commitment to Sparkle Motion even exists.

Captain Electric

• Elite Boss
  • Crime doesn't pay, evildoers!
    • CoH Faces Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 08, 2013, 04:30:27 AM »
WAIT, WAIT, DON'T ANSWER HIM JAGUAR.

You have to hear it like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13eUZF2Lq2w

Okay, now you can answer him.

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #127 on: July 08, 2013, 04:37:52 AM »
WAIT, WAIT, DON'T ANSWER HIM JAGUAR.

You have to hear it like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13eUZF2Lq2w

Okay, now you can answer him.

lol.

Well I was in middle of typing but lmao. Yeah, enough said right there. lol. That is how I visualized him as he typed those words. I guess since my opinion and deal breaker is diffferent he just cant emotionally take it. It makes him cry shed tears and cant sleep at night.
lol. Well, the world continue to turn as it has been with him and without him. Sad he doesnt realize that yet.

Pinnacle Blue

• Boss
« Reply #128 on: July 08, 2013, 05:02:33 AM »
lol.

Well I was in middle of typing but lmao. Yeah, enough said right there. lol. That is how I visualized him as he typed those words. I guess since my opinion and deal breaker is diffferent he just cant emotionally take it. It makes him cry shed tears and cant sleep at night.
lol. Well, the world continue to turn as it has been with him and without him. Sad he doesnt realize that yet.

Yes, I am totally shedding tears and losing sleep over your posts.  Some naive fools would just explain that last thing I said previously as a throwaway humorous reference, but no: your clear insight has seen right through me.

No, seriously.  Your dealbreakers appear to be "the game as it was."  I'm not seeing a whole lot of anything positive about the game from you and a whole lot of taking NCSoft's side.  If the game comes back, it will most likely come back with your dealbreakers fully in effect.

I'm willing to allow that I could be horribly misjudging you.  But I would need to know what motivates your participation here, because my attempts to discern it on my own leads me to some negative conclusions.

So.  Why are you here?

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #129 on: July 08, 2013, 05:26:01 AM »
Yes, I am totally shedding tears and losing sleep over your posts.  Some naive fools would just explain that last thing I said previously as a throwaway humorous reference, but no: your clear insight has seen right through me.

No, seriously.  Your dealbreakers appear to be "the game as it was."  I'm not seeing a whole lot of anything positive about the game from you and a whole lot of taking NCSoft's side.  If the game comes back, it will most likely come back with your dealbreakers fully in effect.

Riiight and if the game does come back especially under NCSOFT term, you think they are going to do your demands? Not likely. But those are my dealbreakers you have your. The title of the thread was "If City of Heroes came back what might stop you?" I took "you" in the threead topic to mean what will stop that particular person. Not What will stop Pinnacle Blue. So thus, I said what will stop me. Which boils down to if theg ame ends up more fun than whatI'm playing now and or at the time it does return assuming i nthe context of the question that is does, then I will return. If not, then I wont. Simple as that.  Some say nothing, some say as long as NCSOFT if not involved and some say other things. Those are what would stop or not stop in some cases, people.

I'm willing to allow that I could be horribly misjudging you.  But I would need to know what motivates your participation here, because my attempts to discern it on my own leads me to some negative conclusions.

So.  Why are you here?

See that is your problem. You think you "need" to know why I am here. The fact of the matter you dont "need" to know anything. Now I would gladly answer that question, but see, usually in these circumstances when soemone ask that, they are not looking for a reason to anything. They could care less for a reason. They already have a reason made up in their mind and no matter what reason is stated, it will end up just creating more animosity as they will completely dismiss that reason in order to create more animsity. So lets cut the crap and cut to the chase. I dont think you are looking for a true honest answer to that. You're just looking for something else to attack. Yet, just in case I'm wrong, I'lll answer your question partically. If you are truely interested in the reason you'll find it as easily as the other stuff you find to attack. It didnt take you no problem to find the post from MArch 2 only to dismiss it and call it stupid because it didnt fit your deal breakers. So I assume you'll if you truely want the answer will have no problem finding your answer in my past post where I directly answer that question.

But I'm here for many reasons. But none of those reason have you in mind.

I stated my reasons for being here many times. A couple I actually go into depth. The answer you seek, if you are truely actually seeking them, lies within those posts, a couple are actually from that time period of March iirc.

Yet I cant lie and cant say I was kind of wonderign the same thing about you. Why are you here? To root out opinions that dont match your own and attack them and the person? You dont have many posts yet but seems like a good number of them, well most of them, that is all you seem to do. And of course spill hate about NCSOFT. Alright we get it, you hate ncsoft and wont give them another dime and you want a class action suit for them shutting down "your" game. Even in your deal breakers, you come off as it's all about you. You say as long they promise to not do it to "this" game.  What about the others? Oh right, you dont care if they shut down the other games or any game. It's only an issue because they shut down "your" game and now it's wrong, but it is just and proper when they do it to others. It's all about you and your feelings. Damn everyone one else right? It's stupid for peopel to play their other titles, even though people do and have and will. Because you decided to not give them another dime anyone that does is stupid in your eyes. Yet I bet if they continued to shut down other games as they have in the past and COX wasnt the first if you was paying attention, you wouldnt care. You'd give NCSOFT all your money if you could. The action itself is not what you believe asa dick move. What was a dick move is that it was "your" game. But it wasnt a dick move when it happened to those other games.

But since it did happen to "your" game and now it's a dick move, and you feel a certain way about it, to you, as you come off and as you have stated, feeling any other way besides how you feel is absurd especially if someone choose with their own money to play another title of NCSOFT.

But one thing I can tell you dealing with why are people here. I know why some people are not here. Because people like you think they must hate NCSOFT to be here. All you been doing is adding to that stereotype, that whether you believe it or not, is not a requirement of being here.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 05:36:36 AM by JaguarX »

Pinnacle Blue

• Boss
« Reply #130 on: July 08, 2013, 05:35:03 AM »
Fair enough.  The only reason I addressed your post was because I found the thread interesting enough to go to page 1, which is where your post happened to be, and because it looked to me like part of a pattern.  I guess I'll attempt to locate your posts from March, then, when I get bored again.

Captain Electric

• Elite Boss
    • CoH Faces Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 08, 2013, 05:36:42 AM »
Just throwing this out there, but nothing in the forum topic suggests that we should interrogate each other regarding our answers.

I'm a proud NCSoft-boycotting City of Heroes fan. I get the impetus behind some of what you've posted around here lately Pinnacle. I even agree with some of it. Just not the parts that seem to challenge the value of anyone else's participation here. Yes, there are big fans of NCSoft here, but they are not the ones at fault. Some of them are helping to rebuild our lost world, or new worlds to fill the void. Some of them are Titan Network staff. No offense, but what are YOU doing to help? Personally, the friends I have in that camp, I'm not going to jeopardize those friendships on account of VIDEO GAMES. That would be pretty frakking cheap, don't you think?

Pinnacle Blue

• Boss
« Reply #132 on: July 08, 2013, 05:43:23 AM »
BTW, when I say "fair enough" I am not including this portion of your post:

Yet I cant lie and cant say I was kind of wonderign the same thing about you. Why are you here? To root out opinions that dont match your own and attack them and the person? You dont have many posts yet but seems like a good number of them, well most of them, that is all you seem to do. And of course spill hate about NCSOFT. Alright we get it, you hate ncsoft and wont give them another dime and you want a class action suit for them shutting down "your" game. Even in your deal breakers, you come off as it's all about you. You say as long they promise to not do it to "this" game.  What about the others? Oh right, you dont care if they shut down the other games or any game. It's only an issue because they shut down "your" game and now it's wrong, but it is just and proper when they do it to others. It's all about you and your feelings. Damn everyone one else right? It's stupid for peopel to play their other titles, even though people do and have and will. Because you decided to not give them another dime anyone that does is stupid in your eyes. Yet I bet if they continued to shut down other games as they have in the past and COX wasnt the first if you was paying attention, you wouldnt care. You'd give NCSOFT all your money if you could. The action itself is not what you believe asa dick move. What was a dick move is that it was "your" game. But it wasnt a dick move when it happened to those other games.

But since it did happen to "your" game and now it's a dick move, and you feel a certain way about it, to you, as you come off and as you have stated, feeling any other way besides how you feel is absurd especially if someone choose with their own money to play another title of NCSOFT.

I'm here because I want CoX back, and I'm willing to do whatever I can, however insignificant it is.  I miss the game and I miss the people I played it with, even though I soloed a lot.

I never played any other NCSoft games so I have no feelings about them whatsoever and never have.  I don't know if Tabula Rasa or Auto Assault were even profitable (like CoX was).  I sympathize with the players of those games, however, because the #1 MMO killer got us too.  I don't know what you were trying to accomplish by introducing that bizarre tangent.

As for my feelings toward NCSoft, I'm hardly alone.  If I come up with an idea that will hurt NCSoft to the extent that they sell the game just to get rid of the trouble holding on to it would cause, and it's something that I can legally do, then I'm going to do it, period, end of story.

And really, putting "your" in scare-quotes when everyone able to discern context knows I'm speaking tongue-in-cheek does not paint you in a good light any more than it paints me in a bad one.

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #133 on: July 08, 2013, 05:55:52 AM »
BTW, when I say "fair enough" I am not including this portion of your post:

I'm here because I want CoX back, and I'm willing to do whatever I can, however insignificant it is.  I miss the game and I miss the people I played it with, even though I soloed a lot.

I never played any other NCSoft games so I have no feelings about them whatsoever and never have.  I don't know if Tabula Rasa or Auto Assault were even profitable (like CoX was).  I sympathize with the players of those games, however, because the #1 MMO killer got us too.  I don't know what you were trying to accomplish by introducing that bizarre tangent.

As for my feelings toward NCSoft, I'm hardly alone.  If I come up with an idea that will hurt NCSoft to the extent that they sell the game just to get rid of the trouble holding on to it would cause, and it's something that I can legally do, then I'm going to do it, period, end of story.

And really, putting "your" in scare-quotes when everyone able to discern context knows I'm speaking tongue-in-cheek does not paint you in a good light any more than it paints me in a bad one.

never said you was alone. In fact, most of the people, that I get along with just fine here, would rip NCSOFT apart limb by limb if thye was given an opportunity in a steel cage with no hesistation.

And that tangent isnt as bizzarre. You the one that made it a point in your deal breaker that you will return if they promise to not do the shut down again to THIS game. Well then, what about other games? You would still give money to them if they continued to shut down other games? And of course you probably dont know if games like Auto Assault or Tabula RAsa was profitbale because when they shut it down you didnt even care to look into it. That is what I'm saying. As long as they left your game alone, you could care less and continued to give NCSOFT money, even though when they shut down your game it's now a dick move. Wasnt it a dick move then? I would think so. Yet, you continued to give money to NCSOFT, so even if it was your game, what is wrong with people choosing to continue to give NCSOFT money still? SOme COX players were Auto Assault transplants, some were Tabula Rasa transplants. Yet you did not question that logic when they chose to move on to another NCSOFT title, your game. But since they still choose to move on to another NCSOFT title but since the victim is now your game, it's now a problem to do so now. Why is that? Whether you are alone or not is irrelevant unless you are the type that feel what ever the crowd is feeling for the fear of being alone. But that is a different story different topic.

And what have you done legally to pursue your goal? I see you suggested it in between attacking other's opinions and ideas. But have you even made a move towards your own goal? Have you started a class action suit? Have you even contacted a lawyer to see if it would be good to do? It might be and if it is, go for it. Do what you have to do. That is why you are here aint it? But what have you done actually outside throw a few ideas out there and your opinion and attack any opinion that idfferent from yours or call the action of moving to another ncsoft stupid? Are you moving on to another ncsoft title? I would think not judging by your comments. And that is your choice. Let others have their without attacking them. Some may think it's stupid for you holding on to that anger and hate while not doing anything and instead going around calling other people decisions, which are not yours to make, stupid.

Oh by the way my deal breaker doesnt only apply to COX it applies to any game since 2011. When I look at a game those are some of the stuff I look for. Only thing new is the marketing thing. I think it was or rather lack of marketing that helped the downfall and didnt allow COX to reach it's full potential in population level and after that I wont be itching to enter another unknown game that no one knows about. And that is just me. And I dont think that other threshold people have is neither right or wrong. It's merely their threshold of personal choice. I like choice. Its a wonderful thing. The downside is that sometimes that choice wont always line up with what I would have done. I respect that. Do you?
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 06:03:22 AM by JaguarX »

Pinnacle Blue

• Boss
« Reply #134 on: July 08, 2013, 05:57:45 AM »
Just throwing this out there, but nothing in the forum topic suggests that we should interrogate each other regarding our answers.

I'm a proud NCSoft-boycotting City of Heroes fan. I get the impetus behind some of what you've posted around here lately Pinnacle. I even agree with some of it. Just not the parts that seem to challenge the value of anyone else's participation here. Yes, there are big fans of NCSoft here, but they are not the ones at fault. Some of them are helping to rebuild our lost world, or new worlds to fill the void. Some of them are Titan Network staff. No offense, but what are YOU doing to help? Personally, the friends I have in that camp, I'm not going to jeopardize those friendships on account of VIDEO GAMES. That would be pretty frakking cheap, don't you think?

I'm not sure you understand me.  See, I don't want to challenge the value of anyone's participation.  To me, though, JaguarX's participation seems determinedly counterproductive.  I could be 180 degrees to the facts on that, I admit, and he's pointed me in the direction of, if not directly at, the posts he's made explaining why he's here.  So, once I get bored enough to sift through the gigantic mound of posts in question, I guess I'll know.  The thing is, I've been ignoring or dismissing most of his posts as "Jaguar being Jaguar" but when I saw him justify what NCSoft did using either NCSoft's words (or a reasonable approximation thereof), I'm pretty sure I lost it, and I haven't quite gotten it back yet.  (I don't remember which thread it was in, but I'll likely run across the post I'm talking about while I'm sifting.)

As for me?  The only thing I can do with my limited resources is write a letter-- which I'm still editing, as I want to get it as close to perfect as I can.  I'll post it in the appropriate thread when it's done before I send it off to Google.

Pinnacle Blue

• Boss
« Reply #135 on: July 08, 2013, 05:58:59 AM »
Some may think it's stupid for you holding on to that anger and hate while not doing anything and instead going around calling other people decisions, which are not yours to make, stupid.

You're out of bounds here.  The worst thing I've called you is an admitted NCSoft shareholder.

Pinnacle Blue

• Boss
« Reply #136 on: July 08, 2013, 06:04:50 AM »
never said you was alone. In fact, most of the people, that I get along with just fine here, would rip NCSOFT apart limb by limb if thye was given an opportunity in a steel cage with no hesistation.

And that tangent isnt as bizzarre. You the one that made it a point in your deal breaker that you will return if they promise to not do the shut down again to THIS game. Well then, what about other games? You would still give money to them if they continued to shut down other games? And of course you probably dont know if games like Auto Assault or Tabula RAsa was profitbale because when they shut it down you didnt even care to look into it.

I didn't know they had ever existed.  Period.  Between 2005 and 2010 I didn't play any MMOs.  Late 2010 I got into CoX, then I gave it up for a little bit, then got back into it.  It's not that I didn't care.  It's that I didn't know.  I'm hardly the world's most enthusiastic MMOer, as I just let my subscription to EQ lapse.

And what have you done legally to pursue your goal? I see you suggested it in between attacking other's opinions and ideas. But have you even made a move towards your own goal? Have you started a class action suit? Have you even contacted a lawyer to see if it would be good to do? It might be and if it is, go for it. Do what you have to do. That is why you are here aint it?

Wrong.  All talk of class action suits was quashed quite a while back when somebody else suggested it.  My, but you're getting defensive.  Stock price going down?

But what have you done actually outside throw a few ideas out there and your opinion and attack any opinion that idfferent from yours or call the action of moving to another ncsoft stupid? Are you moving on to another ncsoft title? I would think not judging by your comments. And that is your choice. Let others have their without attacking them.

Yeah, I'm inclined at this point to believe that the only reason you're here is to try and get people to give money to a company you're invested in.  You're acting like I'm threatening that investment.

Hey, guess what?  I AM.  :D  It's not even a plausible or credible threat-- just a statement of what I would like to do.  But you're reacting as though I've got pictures of NCSoft upper management in compromising positions with goats.  That's telling.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 06:10:56 AM by Pinnacle Blue »

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #137 on: July 08, 2013, 06:07:43 AM »

Okie dokie. I think this line of conversation is QUITE over. We're now at the point where you're just sniping at each other, so let's leave it at that. Let's get back to the topic: If CoH came back, what might stop you? (If you've already answered, feel free to answer again, or discuss others' answers, WITHOUT ruffling feathers.)
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Mythic13

• Underling
« Reply #138 on: July 08, 2013, 06:16:04 AM »
I had some fun on CoH during it's run but theres no way I would play it again.
Accolades obtained: Atlas Medallion, Conspiracy Theorist, Headline Stealer. Freedom Phalanx Reserve Member, Demonic, Bloodletter, Archmage, Watchman, Vanguard

Captain Electric

• Elite Boss
    • CoH Faces Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 08, 2013, 06:29:23 AM »
I had some fun on CoH during it's run but theres no way I would play it again.

Those are fighting words! (Kidding...)

(Maybe...)