Author Topic: The Big Giant Icon Thread  (Read 203776 times)

Illusionss

• Elite Boss
Re: The Big Giant Icon Thread
« Reply #1020 on: June 13, 2013, 03:41:20 AM »
Please excuse more cluelessness! I managed to load someone into one of the steel canyon mission maps, and it was excellent. However I have not been able to get into any other maps, and I am wondering what I am doing wrong.

Do I type exactly: [for instance]

MAPS/MISSIONS/OUTDOOR_MISSIONS/V_OUTDOOR_STMARTIAL/MAINSTREET/V_OUTDOOR_STMARTIAL_MAINSTREET.TXT

or does there need to be a slash command in front of that, I know this sounds so stupid but I cant remember what I did, the one time I got in.

like,

/MAPS/MISSIONS/OUTDOOR_MISSIONS/V_OUTDOOR_STMARTIAL/MAINSTREET/V_OUTDOOR_STMARTIAL_MAINSTREET.TXT

or is it

/loadmap/MAPS/MISSIONS/OUTDOOR_MISSIONS/V_OUTDOOR_STMARTIAL/MAINSTREET/V_OUTDOOR_STMARTIAL_MAINSTREET.TXT

Argh!!!! I have tried it all these ways and nothing is working.

Michiyo

• Titan Staff
  • Lieutenant
    • SGSpaces
« Reply #1021 on: June 13, 2013, 03:55:18 AM »
Please excuse more cluelessness! I managed to load someone into one of the steel canyon mission maps, and it was excellent. However I have not been able to get into any other maps, and I am wondering what I am doing wrong.

Do I type exactly: [for instance]

MAPS/MISSIONS/OUTDOOR_MISSIONS/V_OUTDOOR_STMARTIAL/MAINSTREET/V_OUTDOOR_STMARTIAL_MAINSTREET.TXT

or does there need to be a slash command in front of that, I know this sounds so stupid but I cant remember what I did, the one time I got in.

like,

/MAPS/MISSIONS/OUTDOOR_MISSIONS/V_OUTDOOR_STMARTIAL/MAINSTREET/V_OUTDOOR_STMARTIAL_MAINSTREET.TXT

or is it

/loadmap/MAPS/MISSIONS/OUTDOOR_MISSIONS/V_OUTDOOR_STMARTIAL/MAINSTREET/V_OUTDOOR_STMARTIAL_MAINSTREET.TXT

Argh!!!! I have tried it all these ways and nothing is working.

you can either type /loadmap MAPS/MISSIONS/OUTDOOR_MISSIONS/V_OUTDOOR_STMARTIAL/MAINSTREET/V_OUTDOOR_STMARTIAL_MAINSTREET.TXT (note the space between /loadmap and MAPS), or hit F1 and enter the map name directly without the /loadmap command.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 04:36:16 AM by NeoRavencroft »

Lycantropus

• Elite Boss
« Reply #1022 on: June 13, 2013, 04:40:29 AM »
CODEWALKER I WANT TO SEND CHIVAS REGAL TO YOUR HOUSE BECAUSE YOU DESERVE IT
You kidding? Codewalker deserves the single malt! I want to send a bottle of Glenlivet!

(or... frankly, whatever your choice of drink is, if any... you deserve it!)

Lyc~ The 'scotch-snob' werewolf  ;D
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 04:49:06 AM by Lycantropus »

GenericHero05

• New Efforts # 7,000!
  • Boss
« Reply #1023 on: June 13, 2013, 01:01:16 PM »
I've prepared a new version of the patch without the lods data, and it works fine from here. Would you try it out and see if it broke for you?

http://repo.cohtitan.com/icon/EchoAtlas_r2.zip

It works just fine.  Thanks again!
If I was a Jedi, there's a 100% chance that I'd use The Force inappropriately.

Torroes.Prime

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1024 on: June 13, 2013, 04:27:33 PM »
has anyone tried using the Demorecord slash command in Icon? I've been trying it and I'm getting some very disheartening results.

when I first use /demorecord it wipes all NPCs from the map, including ones I've spawned.

Okay, I'll just start demo recording, do the spawns I need, change costumes as needed and then get the screen caps I need from the longer demo. No biggie.

I do the work, I hit /demostop.

Once again all NPCs vanish. Hoping that I've got a working demo I close out, and go to run the demo. All I can see in the demo is the map and my toon blinking through 5-8 positions in a straight line over and over and over. Any help here?
Strength and intelligence make no requirement of one another. Power demands both.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #1025 on: June 13, 2013, 04:38:48 PM »
has anyone tried using the Demorecord slash command in Icon? I've been trying it and I'm getting some very disheartening results.

It was a few pages back, but yes.

While it can't yet, I'm hoping for 1.7 or 1.8 to include the ability to generate demorecords based on the stuff you've placed. Right now as soon as you start up /demorecord the game deletes all the NPCs you've placed, probably because Icon has to fool it into thinking they're entities from a demo playback to stop it from trying to move them based on prediction data from the server (which just sends them to 0,0,0).

So, when you try to record a demo right now, even if you placed NPC after starting the recording, Icon is fooling the game into thinking that what you're placing is already part of a playback, not an entity that it needs to add to the new demo its recording.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Phaetan

• Elite Boss
« Reply #1026 on: June 13, 2013, 05:12:12 PM »
On, the bright side, that's one way to clear out untargetable NPCs without having to rezone. ;)

Torroes.Prime

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1027 on: June 13, 2013, 05:15:14 PM »
It was a few pages back, but yes.

So, when you try to record a demo right now, even if you placed NPC after starting the recording, Icon is fooling the game into thinking that what you're placing is already part of a playback, not an entity that it needs to add to the new demo its recording.

Well phooey. That makes it about 80% less effective for what I was hoping I could use it for. Still it helps.

On, the bright side, that's one way to clear out untargetable NPCs without having to rezone. ;)

Yeah, but that wasn't a problem.
Strength and intelligence make no requirement of one another. Power demands both.

Kistulot

• Elite Boss
  • Argentum Weritas Est!
« Reply #1028 on: June 13, 2013, 06:53:31 PM »
I want to thank you again, Codewalker, for the amazing gift icon 1.7 has given us. Being able to set up group shots of old friends, and alternate costumes for the same character, feels awesome. Once we get the FX (if we can, obviously not understanding your limitations I know some things just wont do) I think I'll have a hard time wanting more from Icon that isn't beyond the scope of this program.

Thanks for all of your hard work, and persistence. You've accomplished something really amazing here, and you deserve all the praise you get and more :)
Woo! - Argent Girl

Epelesker

• Boss
  • One fix at a time!
« Reply #1029 on: June 13, 2013, 06:58:08 PM »
I'm needing some insight regarding one of the maps. I'm trying to load one of the hazard zones (off the top of my head, [hazard_05_01]) that I think should be Eden or something...

...but it comes out with a dirt path crossroads surrounded by war walls with one single building by one of the gates.

04_01 is Crey's Folly and 06_01-3 are the Shadow Shard zones.

I had a little fun with 1.7 last night what with the beNPC command. I know I said before (somehwere) that I prefer Icon as a novelty thing, but damn, I was bloody Mako last night. And a tank. And a fighter jet. And...

BenshowSly

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1030 on: June 13, 2013, 07:20:48 PM »
I'm almost wondering if there is not a way to restore the old first login menu of CoH... I think it would be pretty cool!

Of course, totally unnecessary and far to be first priority... but would be cool :p

Zombie Man

• Elite Boss
« Reply #1031 on: June 13, 2013, 08:23:50 PM »
I'm needing some insight regarding one of the maps. I'm trying to load one of the hazard zones (off the top of my head, [hazard_05_01]) that I think should be Eden or something...

...but it comes out with a dirt path crossroads surrounded by war walls with one single building by one of the gates.

You found Elysium, an unused dev sandbox.

maps/City_Zones/Hazard_05_01/Hazard_05_01.txt   Elysium (unused)

See the big list of maps for all maps and many annotations: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Asgb7CIX1MhodGZyYmZCaks2b2N4bDF6dXdHblpTcFE#gid=0

Also see and bookmark the link in my sig to find that link and other helpful ones as you play with Titan Icon.

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
  • Outside known realities.
« Reply #1032 on: June 13, 2013, 08:42:19 PM »

Eden is maps/City_Zones/Trial_04_01/Trial_04_01.txt . Zone names aren't uniform, and according to the Codex what you have actually been loading is a scrapped zone called "Elysium"
We were heroes. We were villains. At the end of the world we all fought as one. It's what we did that defines us.
The end occurred pretty much as we predicted: all servers redlining until midnight... and then no servers to go around.

Somewhere beyond time and space, if you look hard you might find a flash of silver trailing crimson: a lone lost Spartan on his way home.

samfivedot

• Underling
  • ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWAH
« Reply #1033 on: June 13, 2013, 08:51:33 PM »
So the very first thing I did was spawn a Kronos Titan and make him do /popdance. I don't know what that says about me.

batqueen

• Boss
  • [flap flap]
« Reply #1034 on: June 13, 2013, 09:24:20 PM »
Once again, thank you Codewalker and others for your great work on this! I'm having trouble trying to get the popmenu thing to work- this wasn't something I did in the actual game. After checking my spelling on folders in my installation,  re-reading the wiki page on popmenus, and trying all sorts of commands, I still can't get anything to come up-  exactly what is the command to bring up a menu? The apostrophe bind only brings up the old generic "options" menu. Thanks.

Illusionss

• Elite Boss
« Reply #1035 on: June 13, 2013, 09:38:26 PM »
Thanks very much Neo, its now working for me.

Never thought I would see St. Martial again.... brought a tear to my eye.

crashpositron

• Elite Boss
« Reply #1036 on: June 13, 2013, 11:29:11 PM »
Thanks Codewalker!  Sometimes I wished I could just go back to Paragon one more time - and now I can!  I've /be_npc'd  myself into a Sybil and tried all the maps out.  (Anyone that hasn't tried it yet, there is one thing in there that tore at my heartstrings more than others - a brand new zone that we would have gotten in Issue 24! I want to play in there!) Also, there are at least a couple of new power sets in the Character Creator.

It is very nice being able to use emotes with /mov.  Anyone found the Sexy Walk emote in that long list of  MOV? Hoping powers are coming soon - they work in Character Creator, I hope they can soon work in Icon.  Seeing all these maps again makes me want to give a pile of Council some Street Justice.

Handy hint, open the Icon.exe description page in your browser.  Then you can copy the map name, MOV name or NPC name with Ctrl-C and paste in with Ctrl-V into the commands inside Icon.
Good work Codewalker!
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 12:52:50 AM by crashpositron »

batqueen

• Boss
  • [flap flap]
« Reply #1037 on: June 14, 2013, 12:26:33 AM »
Finally got the map menu to work- '/popmenu maps' did the trick. Thank you wyldhunt!

Phaetan

• Elite Boss
« Reply #1038 on: June 14, 2013, 12:56:03 AM »
So the very first thing I did was spawn a Kronos Titan and make him do /popdance. I don't know what that says about me.
It says that great minds think alike.

crashpositron

• Elite Boss
« Reply #1039 on: June 14, 2013, 01:45:29 AM »
Using fly & \no_clip, I can now go all the places I couldn't before.  My biggest disappointment? The Forbidden Zone around Praetoria.  I would like to have had the Devs hide a Hamidon back there  ;D