Author Topic: The Big Giant Icon Thread  (Read 202811 times)

Lycantropus

• Elite Boss
Re: The Big Giant Icon Thread
« Reply #1000 on: June 12, 2013, 05:52:22 AM »
Hey Torroes! It's because it's /spawnnpc (there's no _ in between the two) then put a space between the link and the name

So, as in your example, you want to spawn Black Swan you need to type in:

/spawnnpc Black_Swan Black Swan

(the first is the command, the next is the code, the third you need to give it a name- doesn't have to be black swan though could be /spawnnpc Black_Swan Natalie Portman Psycho... if you wanted. The first two are the relevant ones)

Hope that helps!

P.S. Thank you so much, Codewalker, and all the others that work so hard to keep Paragon City vital. Tonight was one of those nights I missed it a lot (why do all the other MMO's have such a small team limit...)

Lyc~ the Proton werewolf (inside joke)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 05:58:29 AM by Lycantropus »

RockLeeXIII

• Minion
« Reply #1001 on: June 12, 2013, 07:22:33 AM »
okay, I must be doing something wrong. I can't spawn npcs. I could, I did it. I even macroed the command to spawn Statesmans... just cause. but now I can not spawn NPCs at all. I've tried every variant of the command I can think of including:

spawn_npc black_swan
/spawn_npc black_swan
Spawn_Npc black_swan
/Spawn_npc black_swan
/SPAWN_NPC BLACK_SWAN
spawn_npc black_swan
Spawn_Npc black_swan
Spawn_npc black_swan
SPAWN_NPC BLACK_SWAN

In every case now I get the following response:
Unknown command: spawnnpc black_swan

or whatever variant of the command I have used. Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions as to a remedy for this?

greetings

been doing this  all of yesterday ... try this :

/spawn_npc black_swan swan

should work fine ... was  spawning zombies just around random maps ... and having alot of fun ... reminded me of the early Halloween event last year ...
/spawn_npc zombie_invasion_13 billy

thanks again code walker
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 02:43:58 PM by RockLeeXIII »

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #1002 on: June 12, 2013, 07:38:23 AM »
Now to see which of the big monsters can do /em popdance...

Finally! Someone who has their priorities straight! :D

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #1003 on: June 12, 2013, 08:16:57 AM »
tried it. Still unknown command.
For giggles and for CYA, what version does it say when you load it up? If it says 1.7, you're good. If it doesn't say anything, you're running the wrong version.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

darkgob

• Elite Boss
« Reply #1004 on: June 12, 2013, 10:32:10 AM »
Hey Torroes! It's because it's /spawnnpc (there's no _ in between the two)
It doesn't matter, the client ignores underscores in slash commands.

GenericHero05

• New Efforts # 7,000!
  • Boss
« Reply #1005 on: June 12, 2013, 11:12:09 AM »
* Are you running the Issue 24 client?
* Did defnames.bin get copied correctly into the data/bin directory?
* Did the .bin files for both the zone and the statue get copied correctly into the data/geobin/... directories?
* Did the .geo file get copied correctly into the data/object_library/... directory?

If yes to all of those...

* Try deleting lods.bin and see if that fixes it.

Delete lods.bin worked like a charm. Thanks so much!
If I was a Jedi, there's a 100% chance that I'd use The Force inappropriately.

spindisc

• Minion
    • Random Dice - CoH
« Reply #1006 on: June 12, 2013, 02:15:14 PM »

Back Blast

• Minion
« Reply #1007 on: June 12, 2013, 02:18:01 PM »
This is just too cool. Went a little crazy last night and turned myself into a jet plane and helicopter and zoomed around AP. Kinda fun and funny. *whoosh* *thupthupthupthup* Also tried being the ghost ship. Camera doesn't zoom out enough on that one though. And rikti dropships are interesting too. A bunch of the bomb-dropping animation is baked into the model it appears. Crazy fun and nice seeing a little life returned to the place.

Torroes.Prime

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1008 on: June 12, 2013, 04:24:04 PM »
okay got the command to work to spawn NPCs. New challenge.

As I hope some of you know, I am heading up a project to continue CoH in fan comic format. I can already see that Icon will be a HUGE asset to that effort. The ability to spawn NPCs where we want, and change them will be absolutely monumental for our efforts. That being said, it a bit tedious to type in names of NPCs and maps so I'm trying to create a pop menu for my demo editors to use to make it more a matter of point and click, rather then type and use to accomplish a lot of things.

So Basically I'm building a series of popmenus that the editors can load up. THen they macro the menu so it's in a power tray. They can click on the macro, get a pop menu, lets say it's for maps of atlas park. So you get a list of map variants like so:

"Atlas Park Destroyed, Wrecked MegaMech"
"Atlas Park Fashion Show"
"Atlas Park Destroyed"

And you need the more classic destroyed atlas park map, the one with out big giant mech remains. Great you click on "Atlas Park Destroyed" and it would load that map.

I've tested the command "loadmap MAPS/MISSIONS/OUTDOOR_MISSIONS/V_OUTDOOR_ATLAS/RECLUSE_RUINED/V_OUTDOOR_ATLAS_RECLUSE.TXT" and it works just fine.

I've bound the same command and it works.

I've macroed the command and it still works like a charm.

I put it in a popmenu, load the menu, use the command....and I get "LoadMapsInDevOnly"

I attempt to use the approach with spawning NPC, but when I use the command in a popmenu I just get "Unknown command: spawnnpc Model_statesman Statesman" but I can spawn the NPC using a macro or a bind no problem.

Does anyone have any suggestions for this? Or should I just start collecting a list of all the NPC models and map locations for my demo editors and tell 'em to C&P it?

Here are the menu's I've been building for reference:

Menu "Maps"
{
   Title "Atlas Park"
   Option "Atlas Park Destroyed, Wrecked MegaMech" "loadmap MAPS/MISSIONS/OUTDOOR_MISSIONS/V_OUTDOOR_ATLAS/RECLUSE_RUINED/V_OUTDOOR_ATLAS_RECLUSE.TXT"
   Option "Atlas Park Fashion Show" "loadmap MAPS/MISSIONS/OUTDOOR_MISSIONS/OUTDOOR_FLASHBACK/IOM_FB_ATLAS_PARK_WTO/IOM_FB_ATLAS_PARK_WTO.TXT"
   Option "Atlas Park Destroyed" "loadmap MAPS/MISSIONS/OUTDOOR_MISSIONS/V_OUTDOOR_ATLAS/RECLUSE_RUINED/V_OUTDOOR_ATLAS_RECLUSE.TXT"
}

Menu "Spawns"
{
   Option "Spawn Statesman" "spawnnpc Model_statesman Statesman"
   Option "Spawn Lord Recluse" "spawnnpc Signature_Lord_Recluse_Escape Lord recluse"
}
Strength and intelligence make no requirement of one another. Power demands both.

GuyPerfect

• Mary Poppins
  • Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #1009 on: June 12, 2013, 04:27:03 PM »
Delete lods.bin worked like a charm. Thanks so much!

I've prepared a new version of the patch without the lods data, and it works fine from here. Would you try it out and see if it broke for you?

http://repo.cohtitan.com/icon/EchoAtlas_r2.zip

Voltium

• Underling
« Reply #1010 on: June 12, 2013, 05:39:11 PM »
Is there a way to make NPCs passive? Like the enemy ones. Or make them aggressive? Like enemies?
You know, to fight Statesman with Lord Recluse or something. I may have missed it.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #1011 on: June 12, 2013, 05:53:30 PM »
Is there a way to make NPCs passive? Like the enemy ones. Or make them aggressive? Like enemies?
I'm pretty sure that's server-side logic that Icon can't reproduce.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Voltium

• Underling
« Reply #1012 on: June 12, 2013, 05:55:14 PM »
I'm pretty sure that's server-side logic that Icon can't reproduce.

Ah, okay. Thanks!

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #1013 on: June 12, 2013, 06:00:36 PM »
Right. Icon can in theory give them a red border (my initial tests on Coyote resulted in this), but they won't actually do anything since there's no AI or powers system.

Similarly, try moving an NPC into midair and notice how they just hang there and don't fall. All of the physics for entities other than the player (and even that is only an estimation) is handled server-side.

BenshowSly

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1014 on: June 12, 2013, 06:06:28 PM »
Right. Icon can in theory give them a red border (my initial tests on Coyote resulted in this), but they won't actually do anything since there's no AI or powers system.

Similarly, try moving an NPC into midair and notice how they just hang there and don't fall. All of the physics for entities other than the player (and even that is only an estimation) is handled server-side.

And if I recall and understood what you already said before, it's not something you want to go into, right? What if someone else wants to help you on the server side of stuff?

Illusionss

• Elite Boss
« Reply #1015 on: June 12, 2013, 10:31:17 PM »
CODEWALKER I WANT TO SEND CHIVAS REGAL TO YOUR HOUSE BECAUSE YOU DESERVE IT

wyldhunt

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1016 on: June 12, 2013, 11:00:15 PM »
@Torroes Prime (and all others interested) - thanks to your post and some fiddling, I got a working popmenu for maps! While "loadmap" doesn't work in popmenu entries, "beginchat" does, and that's all I needed for a workaround. Here's a maps.mnu file with all the City, Hazard, Trial, etc. maps for Paragon, Praetoria, Rogue Isles, Coop, and PvP: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5FhLhcBjWhvQ2g0bW5LLU9jTFE/edit?usp=sharing. This could of course be expanded for the mission maps and such, and other menus could be made for animations (/mov commands) and NPCs.

For those who want to use this but are unfamiliar with popmenu, check http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Popmenu to get started.

Also, Codewalker - fantastic work! I wish I had time to delve into the code (got your source), but although I've programmed C++ (and plenty others), I've never reverse-engineered anything, and just don't have the massive time required to get up to speed - next summer I will, but by then who knows where the various CoH-related and successor projects will be?

Wyldhunt
Guardianite since I2
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 02:36:14 AM by wyldhunt »
Wyldhunt
Guardianite since I2
Playing as Wyldhaunt on Rebirth

Shenku

• Elite Boss
« Reply #1017 on: June 13, 2013, 12:54:55 AM »
So I was poking around the .costume files, and I just figured out that you can adjust the scales with some... Well... Interesting results...

Side note, I think Mr. Fantastic wants his stretchy-pants back... :o

Zombie Man

• Elite Boss
« Reply #1018 on: June 13, 2013, 02:19:05 AM »
So I was poking around the .costume files, and I just figured out that you can adjust the scales with some... Well... Interesting results...

Side note, I think Mr. Fantastic wants his stretchy-pants back... :o

Now, make a slender man.

Torroes.Prime

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1019 on: June 13, 2013, 02:39:29 AM »
@Torroes Prime (and all others interested) - thanks to your post and some fiddling, I got a working popmenu for maps! While "loadmap" doesn't work in popmenu entries, "beginchat" does, and that's all I needed for a workaround. Here's a maps.mnu file with all the City, Hazard, Trial, etc. maps for Paragon, Praetoria, Rogue Isles, Coop, and PvP: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5FhLhcBjWhvQ2g0bW5LLU9jTFE/edit?usp=sharing. This could of course be expanded for the mission maps and such, and other menus could be made for animations (/mov commands) and NPCs.

For those who want to use this but are unfamiliar with popmenu, check http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Popmenu to get started.

Also, Codewalker - fantastic work! I wish I had time to delve into the code (got your source), but although I've programmed C++ (and plenty others), I've never reverse-engineered anything, and just don't have the massive time required to get up to speed - next summer I will, but by then who knows where the various CoH-related and successor projects will be?

Wyldhunt
Guardianite since I2

god damn it. THIS IS why I flipping love the CoH community! Thanks Wyldhunt. That's a huge help.
Strength and intelligence make no requirement of one another. Power demands both.