Author Topic: News?  (Read 241697 times)

Mistress Urd

• Elite Boss
Re: News?
« Reply #240 on: September 20, 2012, 04:49:21 AM »
Ms. Lackey,

First, thanks for the encouragement and the quasi-inside dope.  I continue to be hopeful since I don't think anyone has yet seen this kind of grassroots response in gaming.

Second, the dolls are amazing.

(Still, dolls totally freak me out.  Make a doll mastermind powerset in the game and I will run screaming from the monitor...)

I'd love a clown and doll MM powerset  :)

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
« Reply #241 on: September 20, 2012, 05:05:54 AM »

Still waiting for the option to dress minions however we like.

Osborn

• Boss
« Reply #242 on: September 20, 2012, 05:15:06 AM »
Still waiting for the option to dress minions however we like.

Or at least pick colors or out of a number of presets, like "Female Soldiers" or something.

Colette

• Elite Boss
« Reply #243 on: September 20, 2012, 05:31:58 AM »
"I asked Brian about something earlier, I can add that to the queries once I get some sort of reply from him."

Terrific! We're all eager.

On a lighter note, one of my best CoH friends created a redside doll of the Chucky/Talky Tina variety. Ahh... I do so love redside sometimes.

krtbuni

• Underling
« Reply #244 on: September 20, 2012, 05:45:12 AM »
Good thing my favorite toon is a fire tank, then.

"OK everyone!  TO THE DUMPSTERS!"

Ah, the days of filling cargo containers with warwolves. Good times. I still love watching my stone tank run when he's Speed Boosted so he looks like he's doing the Curly Shuffle.

ObTopical, thanks for helping keep the cats herded, Vicki!

steve1967

• Minion
« Reply #245 on: September 20, 2012, 06:19:11 AM »
I have outside news.  We got three interviews on a real world radio station in West Virginia.  One with TonyV, one with Samuel Hedlund and one with *cough*.
Nice job all - thanks for doing it!

Might be a good idea to post this more prominently...

MishaFox

• Minion
« Reply #246 on: September 20, 2012, 07:56:29 AM »
Is there any real news?  The news of the refund is as more confusing then anything else.

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #247 on: September 20, 2012, 08:00:05 AM »
Is there any real news?  The news of the refund is as more confusing then anything else.

No real news. That's sort of the point, there won't be real news until the negotiations either succeed or fall apart completely. Suffice to say, we're all rooting for the former, not the latter. :P
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV

Knightslayer

• Elite Boss
    • Monster Game!
« Reply #248 on: September 20, 2012, 08:01:24 AM »
Or at least pick colors or out of a number of presets, like "Female Soldiers" or something.
I'd love that, the Incarnate powers have pretty much proven it's doable. (sadly as much as I want customizable minions, so I can have my own matching strike teams, I don't see it happening because of the resources/performance issues involved in that =/ )

Technerdoc

• Lieutenant
« Reply #249 on: September 20, 2012, 09:38:04 AM »
I always wanted pink robots for my mastermind Lina Moonshine, a simple re-colour option, but well... there are other problems right now...

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #250 on: September 20, 2012, 10:19:54 AM »
Heard from Brian.  Status same.  NCSoft is not saying no, anyway!
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Doveslight

• Underling
« Reply #251 on: September 20, 2012, 10:41:24 AM »

And so we keep the torches burning!

Thank you for this breath of hope.

Burnt Toast

• Elite Boss
  • Tastes Good!
« Reply #252 on: September 20, 2012, 12:56:03 PM »

No Gnus is Good Gnus with Gary Gnu

pandora114

• Lieutenant
« Reply #253 on: September 20, 2012, 02:42:20 PM »
...I want bacon waffles. :(

I make bacon waffles.

*pours waffle batter in waffle iron.*
*sprinkles bacon bits on waffles*
*closes iron lid*
*waits*

*fends off Pepsiman with stick*

*feeds Bacon waffles to Drake*

Anyway promising indications from the negotiations front anyway.

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
« Reply #254 on: September 20, 2012, 03:04:24 PM »
And so we keep the torches burning!

Thank you for this breath of hope.

Blacjac84

• Minion
« Reply #255 on: September 20, 2012, 03:18:53 PM »
To Victoria Victrix,

I'm one of the administrators of the Save City of Heroes Facebook page.  I have to thank you for the news and whatever effort on your part to save the game.  I've been doing what I can to keep people updated with information concerning the concert effort to save the game.  In our eyes, you are a heroine.

While the news is encouraging, I feel we still have a long ways to go.  I'll continue to watch the forums for more news to inform people of updates.

By the way, those are interesting dolls you have.  They almost remind me of the puppets in the old Puppetmaster movies. ;)

Blackgrue

• Lieutenant
« Reply #256 on: September 20, 2012, 05:44:14 PM »

I'd settle for a customisable Mercs MM Powerset.
Virtue native

Main characters:
Diz the Goblin
Projekt Redstorm

Wammo

• Lieutenant
« Reply #257 on: September 20, 2012, 07:10:06 PM »
Surely news is incoming that would give the community hope and perhaps give the employees of Paragon enough reason to hold out a bit longer before considering any new job offers seriously.

This is the tightest drum I have ever seen...are there no leaks anywhere? Surely some detective like hero is among us?!? Someone get the rumor mill going and produce something newsworthy on this thread :-)

Electric-Knight

• Elite Boss
  • E-K and Malfaz taking a break, drinking tea
    • www.pauldamonthomas.com
« Reply #258 on: September 20, 2012, 07:15:49 PM »
Thanks for the continued updates (and that thanks goes to the source too!).

Just to keep up with the Zwill Readings...
http://boards.cityofheroes.com/showthread.php?p=4399833#post4399833
To elaborate: The leadership here at Paragon is, and always has been, top notch.

I can assure you that there is no lack of drive or passion from our leadership.

This was in reply yo UberGuy saying:
That leadership is apparently in place. However, they almost certainly cannot publicly share details of what is being negotiated. So far, they have only let out that negotiations are still ongoing.

I think it's a bit of a stretch to say that such leadership is "all" it will take. A lot of other things have to fall into place - the best leader in the world might not be able to get NCSoft to play ball. But the leadership is in place, and "someone else" is indeed working on saving the game.

Nothing at all might come of it, but people are trying.

Nothing we don't already know, but I just think it is nice to see Zwill publicly chiming in about such things, as limited as he is about what he can say.
I don't think it means anything more than him sharing his strong belief and love for the job PS's leadership have done (and more likely, knowing him, informing people that if things fail, people shouldn't ever blame the leadership of Paragon Studios).

Not sure if we should continue posting Zwill quotes in here, as it's not quite the news we'd been putting in here before. So, I aplogize if it's gettin' a bit old. Just warmed my heart a little and thought it might do the same for others. ;)
--
"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever."
- Baron Munchausen

http://www.pauldamonthomas.com/

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
« Reply #259 on: September 20, 2012, 07:19:52 PM »
We need a Zwill tracker.