Author Topic: News?  (Read 241385 times)

DrDarkspeed

• Underling
Re: News?
« Reply #220 on: September 20, 2012, 01:04:34 AM »
My real point stands: we find ourselves in this predicament because somebody sold City of Heroes to people who do not care about it or us, or appreciate the merits of its genre, who see it only as a source of money. It's not productive to assign blame, perhaps, but it is still so.

Perhaps.

However, at the time NCSoft we're our Heroes. Cryptic were making their new Marvel MMO (which fell through and ended up becoming CO) and CoH was being phased out. The only (probable) reason CoH existed up to now is NCSoft.

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #221 on: September 20, 2012, 01:10:21 AM »
I have outside news.  We got three interviews on a real world radio station in West Virginia.  One with TonyV, one with Samuel Hedlund and one with *cough*.  If anyone has a place I can move these so everyone can link to them and listen I will be happy to forward them.  PM me with an email address and I'll lob them to you.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Electric-Knight

• Elite Boss
  • E-K and Malfaz taking a break, drinking tea
    • www.pauldamonthomas.com
« Reply #222 on: September 20, 2012, 01:11:45 AM »
Perhaps.

However, at the time NCSoft we're our Heroes. Cryptic were making their new Marvel MMO (which fell through and ended up becoming CO) and CoH was being phased out. The only (probable) reason CoH existed up to now is NCSoft.
Yep, and by the end of all of this, hopefully NCSoft should have a good place within our history, so long as they offer the product for sale and allow things to continue.
While their handling of us and, more importantly, Paragon Studios earns them some serious negativity, I can still get over that if all ends up well and good.

We'll see... regardless, NCSoft was indeed once a hero. I hope they're only currently in the grey area... either that or someone use an alignment token on them now!  ;D
--
"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever."
- Baron Munchausen

http://www.pauldamonthomas.com/

StarRanger4

• Boss
« Reply #223 on: September 20, 2012, 01:17:33 AM »
We'll see... regardless, NCSoft was indeed once a hero. I hope they're only currently in the grey area... either that or someone use an alignment token on them now!  ;D

*spittakes*  Thanks Electric.  I really really needed that laugh right now.

Electric-Knight

• Elite Boss
« Reply #224 on: September 20, 2012, 01:18:56 AM »
I post this mostly for a bit of levity...
But this was the thread where a bunch of people were "carefully" pouring through each and every word that Zwillinger said, using their tea-leaf-reading skills to divine greater messages there within, right?
I haven't see anyone mention this reply of Zwill's, from last night...
http://boards.cityofheroes.com/showthread.php?p=4398639#post4398639

Newchemicals:
Thanks Z

Hope to see all of the CoH players and devs in some other game universe.
Zwillinger: We'll be around.

I'm not saying that I believe it is speaking to any greater meanings, but I'm honestly surprised that I haven't seen anyone else mention (or maybe I just missed it!).
 ;)

--
"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever."
- Baron Munchausen

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #225 on: September 20, 2012, 01:23:22 AM »
You know, I can play tea-leaf reader too....

Posi said something about "closing the chapter on City of Heroes" or something to that effect.  I definitely remember the specific word "chapter" being used, and the chorus of woe and gloom....

You know, he did say "chapter" and not "book."

I wish to heck I could pass over a single chapter to my editor and say "Here it is, Betsy, all done!  Now pay me my money!"

I am pretty sure her answer would be "Uh, no, you owe us 19 more of those."
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Electric-Knight

• Elite Boss
« Reply #226 on: September 20, 2012, 01:25:41 AM »
You know, I can play tea-leaf reader too....

Posi said something about "closing the chapter on City of Heroes" or something to that effect.  I definitely remember the specific word "chapter" being used, and the chorus of woe and gloom....

I wish to heck I could pass over a single chapter to my editor and say "Here it is, Betsy, all done!  Now pay me my money!"

LOL
That'd be sweet... Maybe I could get paid by the verse!  ;D

Actually, the use of "chapter" was in the NCSoft refunds and billings announcement that Zwill posted.

I can't recall if Posi used it as well though.

Hehe... I'm picturing Emma Thompson reading the tea leaves for us now...
--
- Baron Munchausen

StarRanger4

• Boss
« Reply #227 on: September 20, 2012, 01:26:35 AM »

Heh.  Though as your editor isn't that at least part of her job description?  Thats always the impression I had (though I am outside that industry looking in.)

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #228 on: September 20, 2012, 02:42:37 AM »
Links to the radio interviews

http://savecoh.livecreatively.net/

Cerulean Shadow

• Underling
« Reply #229 on: September 20, 2012, 02:49:00 AM »
It isn't over until the proverbial fat lady sings, tea leaves be damned.

Golden Girl

• One Liners and Winky Faces
  • Elite Boss
    • Heroes and Villains
« Reply #230 on: September 20, 2012, 03:49:15 AM »
To get interest from investors, I think that the devs might be pitching CoH2, with CoH1 maintained and updated during the development period of the sequel, with the eventual goal of letting players port their avatars into the new game for a smooth transition that wouldn't break up the community.
"Heroes and Villains" website - http://www.heroes-and-villains.com
"Heroes and Villains" on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/HeroesAndVillainsMMORPG
"Heroes and Villains" on Twitter - https://twitter.com/Plan_Z_Studios
"Heroes and Villains" teaser trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnjKqNPfFv8
Artwork - http://goldengirlcoh.deviantart.com

Ampithere

• Elite Boss
« Reply #231 on: September 20, 2012, 03:55:52 AM »
To get interest from investors, I think that the devs might be pitching CoH2, with CoH1 maintained and updated during the development period of the sequel, with the eventual goal of letting players port their avatars into the new game for a smooth transition that wouldn't break up the community.

I was under the impression that was something they wanted to do anyway which NCSoft shot down. But it would certainly be a no-brainer to pitch to investors if at least some design work or thought had already been put into it. They'd be able to very clearly and accurately describe how that would work and probably give an estimated time frame.

I'm actually quite hopeful that we will hear something soon.

Also, kudos to whoever arranged the "real world" radio interviews. That's fantastic news. If we break a little further into the mainstream media NCSoft will absolutely be forced to do something to save face. Which, in my view, could only be positive for us.
@Rorn

Most recently active as Blue Baron

Guardian Server

Mistress Urd

• Elite Boss
« Reply #232 on: September 20, 2012, 03:56:37 AM »
I would certainly love to play more CoH and two years from now complain to Positron at a Pummit, but you said "X" in the Loregasm post!

Then sit down and enjoy bacon waffles for breakfast.

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #233 on: September 20, 2012, 04:10:19 AM »
...I want bacon waffles. :(
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV

WanderingAries

• Elite Boss
  • @WanderingAries /\ Mostly on Torch
« Reply #234 on: September 20, 2012, 04:12:43 AM »
Well, here's The Seraphym (in SWC)/Seraphic Flame (in CoH)

hmm, I think she may be related to one of my toons, Perma(-THO).
Find me on Homecoming:
https://www.homecomingservers.com

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #235 on: September 20, 2012, 04:18:44 AM »
Personally I find it amusing that those dolls all seem to live in a refrigerator.

OH COME ON, don't pretend you don't know what I am talking about!

Anyway, I do not know what the team is pitching, and I just checked into email and no news yet.  As soon as I get some I will let you know.  I mean, I know what MY plan(s) would be, but if I was a business wizard, I would be doing that.

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #236 on: September 20, 2012, 04:28:45 AM »
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #237 on: September 20, 2012, 04:30:23 AM »
Pretty sure I'm the only one of my friends, IRL and on FB, who wants to see Karl Urban redeem the good Judge from that hot mess that was the Stallone movie.

You are not alone. Take solace in that. :)
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV

Colette

• Elite Boss
« Reply #238 on: September 20, 2012, 04:36:12 AM »
While I respectfully disagree that knowingly selling us the Nature Affinity powerset a week before the cancellation notice earns NC-Soft "a good place within our history," I suggest we discuss that some other time.

Quoted from another thread:

"SOMEONE IS ALREADY NEGOTIATING WITH NCSOFT. That entity is a group of former Paragon Studios employees."

"I do not know what the team is pitching, and I just checked into email and no news yet."

V V, This is extremely encouraging. While I'm sure the team finds our demonstrations reassuring, is there any other way we might assist? Suppose, for example, we who have joined the protest movement each pledged a year's membership in advance, contingent upon CoH's continuation. Would something of the sort provide some leverage? There must be something...!

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #239 on: September 20, 2012, 04:42:05 AM »
While I respectfully disagree that knowingly selling us the Nature Affinity powerset a week before the cancellation notice earns NC-Soft "a good place within our history," I suggest we discuss that some other time.

Quoted from another thread:

"SOMEONE IS ALREADY NEGOTIATING WITH NCSOFT. That entity is a group of former Paragon Studios employees."

"I do not know what the team is pitching, and I just checked into email and no news yet."

V V, This is extremely encouraging. While I'm sure the team finds our demonstrations reassuring, is there any other way we might assist? Suppose, for example, we who have joined the protest movement each pledged a year's membership in advance, contingent upon CoH's continuation. Would something of the sort provide some leverage? There must be something...!

I asked Brian about something earlier, I can add that to the queries once I get some sort of reply from him.  Since when he does reply, he has not been terse, and he has apologized for not getting to his email because he was busy elsewhere I keep assuming that no news is good news.