Author Topic: Anyone Playing Guild Wars 2?  (Read 36870 times)

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
Re: Anyone Playing Guild Wars 2?
« Reply #100 on: January 18, 2013, 04:39:47 AM »
What is "Guesting"?  Teaming up across servers or something?
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #101 on: January 18, 2013, 04:51:32 AM »
What is "Guesting"?  Teaming up across servers or something?
Yeah, basically temporarily moving to another server.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
« Reply #102 on: January 18, 2013, 05:43:07 AM »
Well my first character hit 80 last night.  I still haven't explored half the world.  I still hadn't finished up my "personal story" arc.  At least I contributed to my guild by getting a 100 "influence" reward in one of those reward chests that open with a key you would normally buy with real money.  I got one as a reward for completely exploring a zone (they often give you a hit of a real money consumable as a free reward). 

So go go Heroes Of Paragon [COH].  Maybe someday we'll be able to afford something.
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot

General Idiot

• Elite Boss
« Reply #103 on: January 18, 2013, 07:02:18 AM »
Less time than it took to get the last 10 levels into CoV.

Did Cryptic ever claim CoV would have those last ten levels at launch, though? Cause I'm pretty sure Arenanet claimed guesting would be in GW2 at launch or very soon after.

Mysterious J

• Minion
« Reply #104 on: January 18, 2013, 03:45:35 PM »
Did Cryptic ever claim CoV would have those last ten levels at launch, though? Cause I'm pretty sure Arenanet claimed guesting would be in GW2 at launch or very soon after.

IIRC (which I may not), it was present briefly at launch, but buggy...so they deactivated it and made server transfers free until they could fix it.

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #105 on: January 18, 2013, 04:00:10 PM »

there was a lot of groaning out there especially in the pvp areas, when villians was limited to 40 and heroes had extra ten levels. Even though the level sets were 25 30 and 35 iirc. But those extra ten levels is said to make a big difference not to mention the ancillary pool powers that heros got that villians didnt have. SOme felt COV got shafted from the get go and never regained that momentum and the side switch thing was basically a bullet in the head for COV.

IIRC there was a post that stated that originally there was supposed to be 50 levels for villians but the 40-50 content would take a while longer and cause delays.

By definition, they kept their word in GW2. It was available at launch but just didnt work as planned. Hey they never promised it would be running now and forever. They just said available at launch, which it was. Meaning even if it was shutdown 1 sec after launch, they would have kept their word by definition.

Feycat

• Lieutenant
« Reply #106 on: January 18, 2013, 08:24:49 PM »
By definition, they kept their word in GW2. It was available at launch but just didnt work as planned. Hey they never promised it would be running now and forever. They just said available at launch, which it was. Meaning even if it was shutdown 1 sec after launch, they would have kept their word by definition.

Actually, it was sort-of in the whole time. The problem was that it only really worked in LA. My guild doing fractals or RP in LA has been able to party with and pull people into our overflow instance from other servers. It just wasn't a gamewide "you can quest with anyone" sort of thing.

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #107 on: January 18, 2013, 09:11:54 PM »
Actually, it was sort-of in the whole time. The problem was that it only really worked in LA. My guild doing fractals or RP in LA has been able to party with and pull people into our overflow instance from other servers. It just wasn't a gamewide "you can quest with anyone" sort of thing.
well then. There you have it, folks.

Adelante

• Boss
« Reply #108 on: January 19, 2013, 12:13:32 AM »
Apparently the guild my guild/SG from CoH merged with has up and decided to change servers.  Frickin hell. 

Vyx

• Minion
  • @StormVyxen and or Vyx
« Reply #109 on: January 19, 2013, 09:59:46 PM »
Apparently the guild my guild/SG from CoH merged with has up and decided to change servers.  Frickin hell.

Ouch. That sucks, bigtime.
Huron: "...with Coffee primary / Attitude secondary"
Charnage: "Please. Think of the poor, defenseless desks."
Mentalshock: "Apocalypse has been canceled due to lack of interest."

"The Babylon Project was our last, best hope for peace. She failed... In the year of the Praetorian War, she became something greater... our last, best hope for victory."

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #110 on: January 21, 2013, 01:57:06 AM »
I long for the day when the title of this thread becomes 'Anyone Still Playing Guild Wars 2?'.

General Idiot

• Elite Boss
« Reply #111 on: January 21, 2013, 02:01:47 AM »
Well, I stopped playing it after a couple of weeks personally.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #112 on: January 21, 2013, 02:47:16 AM »

Reminder that this thread is here to discuss playing GW2. Take your anti-NCsoft/anti-GW2/not-playing-GW2 elsewhere by mod request.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Knightslayer

• Elite Boss
    • Monster Game!
« Reply #113 on: January 21, 2013, 09:51:00 AM »
there was a lot of groaning out there especially in the pvp areas, when villians was limited to 40 and heroes had extra ten levels. Even though the level sets were 25 30 and 35 iirc. But those extra ten levels is said to make a big difference not to mention the ancillary pool powers that heros got that villians didnt have. SOme felt COV got shafted from the get go and never regained that momentum and the side switch thing was basically a bullet in the head for COV.

IIRC there was a post that stated that originally there was supposed to be 50 levels for villians but the 40-50 content would take a while longer and cause delays.

Part of the irritation was that those ten levels meant that Heroes could use HO's in their builds, while villains couldn't.
I did play GW2 for a bit (pre-purchased it before the whole mess), and while I love some of the mechanics and innovations they introduced, the game didn't manage to hold my attention for long - I will probably revisit it at some point though, as I'm sure part of the reason for my lack of interest was CoX's pending shutdown...
I'll probably reroll a human noble and get a refresh on the story so far.

Adelante

• Boss
« Reply #114 on: January 28, 2013, 07:11:00 PM »
Guesting is supposed to be coming today.  Should be interesting, I'm looking forward to doing more dungeons as a result.

Lastjustice

• Underling
« Reply #115 on: January 29, 2013, 10:31:57 AM »
I've been playing for about a week or two. I love the CoX community and figured Id check if anyone else is up for saving the world heh. No matter what game we're still heroes right? My highest character is currently a lvl 32 Guardian, Michael Arcanis. My handle is Lastjustice.3264 and I'm on Borlis Pass. I'm running in a guild one of my real life friends made, and could definitely use some more quality people. Let me know if you're interested. (except for Tenzhi..because he hates everything heh.)

Heroette

• Elite Boss
  • Penelope Pistol lives forever in my heart.
« Reply #116 on: January 29, 2013, 06:17:09 PM »
Another friend from coh I know is on a different server and tongiht we are going to meet up and see how the "guesting" goes.  I hope we can figure it out.  Anyone know what to do?

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
« Reply #117 on: January 29, 2013, 08:22:06 PM »
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot

Heroette

• Elite Boss
« Reply #118 on: January 29, 2013, 09:13:02 PM »
Thank you Father Xmas!

Heroette

• Elite Boss
« Reply #119 on: January 30, 2013, 03:38:03 PM »
The guesting was very easy to do and I had a great time teaming with a former COH buddy.  Now I know that I can team with anyone at anytime.  Its a great feature that they have added.