Author Topic: New efforts!  (Read 7210919 times)

Dev7on

• Elite Boss
Re: New efforts!
« Reply #28900 on: February 19, 2019, 12:50:19 AM »
Do you guys remember the old fashion farming? Before AE came out someone will have one of the Maria Jenkins missions go in fight enemies and the AV and don't click any glowies and reset? Those were the good old days.....  :'(

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28901 on: February 19, 2019, 01:36:58 AM »
I remember those good old days had a lot of standing around portal corp while a bossy firekin tried to find bridgers.

Ultimate15

• Boss
« Reply #28902 on: February 21, 2019, 03:29:09 AM »
Viva la Virtue!

Brigadine

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28903 on: February 21, 2019, 04:41:11 AM »

RGladden

• Boss
« Reply #28904 on: February 21, 2019, 02:52:36 PM »
If they eventually go bankrupt, won't they be compelled to sell off some of their assets?  <rubs hands together....cackles> ;D

MegaWatt

• Boss
  • No i didnt call security bots......uh oh!
« Reply #28905 on: February 21, 2019, 06:57:06 PM »
whose to say some one worse wouldn't get their hands on CoX though plus never wish hardship on the low level employees of a company even if you wish the executives golden parachutes wouldn't open.
If we set it on fire it'll burn....but that'd leave evidence...I KNOW ! COMPLETE ATOMIZATION! WOOOO!

duane

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28906 on: February 21, 2019, 11:04:24 PM »
Is this the same story?

https://massivelyop.com/2019/02/21/rumor-guild-wars-2-developer-arenanet-is-prepping-for-heavy-layoffs/

Maybe a flush of mmo products as they chase the mobile market?

etnies445

• Underling
« Reply #28907 on: February 22, 2019, 08:58:40 PM »
I won't lie, I gave up on my hopes of CoH coming back.

It's dead, and it's not returning. Holding on to that last sliver of hope just isn't worth it anymore. Sad to say, sad to realize. The game has been closed for over 6 years, it's just time for me personally to move on completely.

I will continue to miss the game and have regrets about it being shut down. It was just such a fun game, so many different aspects were so fun. Being older than I was then, I feel like I would know so much more about the game, would have done things so different, played more archetypes, done more builds..

So much I regret, but it's just so hard to come to these forums every few months and hoping to see that reply # to go to 2. And I don't think it ever will. And it used to be a feeling of hope and now it's just disappointment.

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #28908 on: February 23, 2019, 08:03:54 AM »
Is this the same story?

https://massivelyop.com/2019/02/21/rumor-guild-wars-2-developer-arenanet-is-prepping-for-heavy-layoffs/

Maybe a flush of mmo products as they chase the mobile market?

That was my suspicion... when they said "realignment of focus" when they shuttered CoH, there was a tiny voice saying "dumping all US properties could be a realignment".  I'm not going to say "I told you so" because hindsight and vision exams... I'm no oracle.  And I suspected dumber ideas more readily after the shutdown.

So, yeah, shuttering all US assets and pushing their in-house made games.  Doesn't mean they leave the US (still will see "Blade and Soul" this, and "Aion" that...) but keeping all their cards onshore might be their plan.  (US I18n getting too expensive?  Close the domestic office and hire US Expats in Korea itself.  Or do it without them.)
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran

Zerohour

• Lieutenant
  • Trapped in the Speed Force
« Reply #28909 on: February 28, 2019, 01:08:35 AM »
every few months i check back in.  seems these forums are all but dead.  the few remaining embers of a fire that once burned so bright and hot.  ill never completely give up hope.  and to be honest, i dont think CoT will fill the void.  but sooner or later something will come along that makes City of Heroes easier to forget.  Hopefully we are all still around to enjoy it

Noyjitat

• Elite Boss
  • Guess who cares?
« Reply #28910 on: February 28, 2019, 01:24:36 AM »
Do you guys remember the old fashion farming? Before AE came out someone will have one of the Maria Jenkins missions go in fight enemies and the AV and don't click any glowies and reset? Those were the good old days.....  :'(

I heavily abused the family farm and hydra monster farm until they did a huge nerf on xp/drops/inf for them when they nerfed most AE farms into the ground. After that I moved onto a nemesis farm on the boom town map and also found a nice farm in the newer praetorian arcs where you partner with statesman in a really nice arc with battle maiden mobs. Statesman follows you around and as long as you get close enough for him to see the mobs he'll run in and kick ass. It was super good for weak characters and you could heal and buff him as needed. He also liked spamming zeus lightning unlike other forms of statesman that usually don't use that power until hes half dead.

There were a few other interesting things out there but too many people hopped on to the other activities and those soon got nerfed/patched but they never changed the statesman arc so it was the best one for pling your alts or friends.

Farming isn't all I did but I do miss it and the croatoa, faultline arcs and rwz. Black Desert Online is the only other game I've played that has farming similar to what coh has because in the later levels 50 and beyond you do lots of grinding through huge mobs as the best source of leveling. The combat system is great there as it isn't tab targeting it feels more polished and the pace is faster.

triedac

• Minion
« Reply #28911 on: February 28, 2019, 09:35:13 AM »
I won't lie, I gave up on my hopes of CoH coming back.

It's dead, and it's not returning. Holding on to that last sliver of hope just isn't worth it anymore. Sad to say, sad to realize. The game has been closed for over 6 years, it's just time for me personally to move on completely.

I will continue to miss the game and have regrets about it being shut down. It was just such a fun game, so many different aspects were so fun. Being older than I was then, I feel like I would know so much more about the game, would have done things so different, played more archetypes, done more builds..

So much I regret, but it's just so hard to come to these forums every few months and hoping to see that reply # to go to 2. And I don't think it ever will. And it used to be a feeling of hope and now it's just disappointment.

....................I need to go sit on the bed for awhile.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28912 on: February 28, 2019, 10:49:46 AM »
....................I need to go sit on the bed for awhile.

https://youtu.be/naaml2r2nZk?t=20

Tubbius

• Fun Title
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #28913 on: March 02, 2019, 06:46:40 AM »
Tubbius is peeking back in here again.

Tubbius still misses his City.

Tubbius wants to one day have his Santa-lookalike and his Waddle the Penguin bouncing up and down in Atlas Park.  He wants to wear out his space bar making them go boingy boingy.

Eskreema

• Lieutenant
« Reply #28914 on: March 04, 2019, 04:57:50 AM »
Hope schmope, am my own Well. 8)

Found a good unzip app for my iPad and now re-reading all 534 pages of the story bible, other contained articles, cross-referencing on paragon-wiki and lore AMAs.  Despite my inability to manifest into the game, it's fully alive and functional to me ;D
« Last Edit: March 04, 2019, 05:08:14 AM by Eskreema »
Global: Iron Smoke.  Boards: Kractis Sky. Server:  Champion.  Main:  Eskreema

I don't always get sucked into a jet engine and live to talk about it, but when I do I use the new ICD-10 V97.33XD code.  Because things like that need to be trended by your insurance company and your money!

jessejame

• Underling
« Reply #28915 on: March 10, 2019, 12:17:02 PM »
Just went and checked SEGs progress on twitter. Not sure if you all have been keeping up with it but it's looking real good. Can't wait for there to be zones to grind out levels. I don't care if it's just to 5 in atlas and outbreak, it'll at least be a chance to play again and cure my altitis.

Brigadine

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28916 on: March 10, 2019, 04:12:40 PM »
Just went and checked SEGs progress on twitter. Not sure if you all have been keeping up with it but it's looking real good. Can't wait for there to be zones to grind out levels. I don't care if it's just to 5 in atlas and outbreak, it'll at least be a chance to play again and cure my altitis.
Yes <3

jessejame

• Underling
« Reply #28917 on: March 10, 2019, 08:45:22 PM »
So, let's fast forward to when the game is in a playable state, then what? Do we just wait for someone to host a server or does some one have any contact to people who have hosted successful private servers for years? Or will the good people at SEGs be willing to change their mind and host one if donations could be made to keep it online? I for one would be fine with donating monthly seeing how they're using their personal time to do all this for the greater good. It's the only way I'd be able to help out.

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #28918 on: March 10, 2019, 10:56:46 PM »
So, let's fast forward to when the game is in a playable state, then what? Do we just wait for someone to host a server or does some one have any contact to people who have hosted successful private servers for years? Or will the good people at SEGs be willing to change their mind and host one if donations could be made to keep it online? I for one would be fine with donating monthly seeing how they're using their personal time to do all this for the greater good. It's the only way I'd be able to help out.

I imagine a community group (or several groups, if SEGS turns out to be the turn-key MMO Garden of Eden Kit I imagine it's finished product to be) will emerge who will handle the logistics of making a community ran City of Heroes without the IP and organize around that group's needs.

Not that one's already forming, but when it's time it'll be based mostly on "Okay, who's up to run a game with me?" and folks will glomp on from there.  Seems to work with Earth & Beyond and SWG.
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran

jessejame

• Underling
« Reply #28919 on: March 11, 2019, 01:43:14 AM »
I imagine a community group (or several groups, if SEGS turns out to be the turn-key MMO Garden of Eden Kit I imagine it's finished product to be) will emerge who will handle the logistics of making a community ran City of Heroes without the IP and organize around that group's needs.

Not that one's already forming, but when it's time it'll be based mostly on "Okay, who's up to run a game with me?" and folks will glomp on from there.  Seems to work with Earth & Beyond and SWG.
It's getting close to that time I feel like. Forgive me if I'm jumping the gun but it has been over 6 years so I feel like hitting the ground running wouldn't be a bad thing and could potentially draw attention to the cause which may further benefit it. One things for sure though, none of us are getting any younger and more of us miss the opportunity to play as time goes by. I was reading one of the posts made about a SWG private server having lasted as long as it has being miraculous considering all things. This is one of the things that concerns me with the future of any coh server.