Author Topic: New efforts!  (Read 7213173 times)

Tubbius

• Fun Title
  • Elite Boss
Re: New efforts!
« Reply #28840 on: December 07, 2018, 04:33:14 PM »
That's why any of us are here!  8)

I don't know if I ever knew about that side room in Pocket D with the storage vault.  :o

Was anyone else watching that Ski Chalet video looking for their own characters?

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #28841 on: December 08, 2018, 03:40:58 AM »
I don't know if I ever knew about that side room in Pocket D with the storage vault.  :o

Was anyone else watching that Ski Chalet video looking for their own characters?

Me, though not in the first one posted..  And they are in there.  Several of mine are in some of the vids, because I had commissioned Samuraiko, Tim the Enchanter, and Angelius to make tribute videos for my characters at shutdown, so they already had the models.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Tubbius

• Fun Title
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #28842 on: December 09, 2018, 04:00:55 AM »

jessejame

• Underling
« Reply #28843 on: December 17, 2018, 11:36:21 PM »
Does anyone else feel like Homer Simpson in that one episode where he gets lost in the desert and keeps singing he's so thirsty except in our case it's a longing for CoH? And instead of us drinking from the dead sea we all tried the equivalent to it which is Champions Online and it only made you want CoH that much more and killed you inside? Me too.

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #28844 on: December 18, 2018, 10:04:17 AM »
Does anyone else feel like Homer Simpson in that one episode where he gets lost in the desert and keeps singing he's so thirsty except in our case it's a longing for CoH? And instead of us drinking from the dead sea we all tried the equivalent to it which is Champions Online and it only made you want CoH that much more and killed you inside? Me too.

I quit Champions cold when I was still in the tutorial and someone tried to grief me.  In the tute.  Seriously?  this is your playerbase?
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Ultimate15

• Boss
« Reply #28845 on: December 18, 2018, 07:14:00 PM »
I quit Champions cold when I was still in the tutorial and someone tried to grief me.  In the tute.  Seriously?  this is your playerbase?

Lol you should create a character on Champions called 'Grief Tute' and just go around screaming in local "THIS is your playerbase?! Is this what you want?!?!"

It would be a very unproductive use of your time, but I would be highly entertained.
Viva la Virtue!

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #28846 on: December 22, 2018, 02:21:58 AM »

I always feel like Homer Simpson.

duane

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28847 on: December 22, 2018, 01:23:24 PM »
I am gonna be honest.  I am playing project gorgon. 

the community is so funny. Play a cow, play a necromancer... play a cow necromancer

Brigadine

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28848 on: December 24, 2018, 04:12:47 PM »
Another Christmas with CoH not under the tree :(

Abraxus

• Elite Boss
  • Brax on Discord. Play on Homecoming/Torchbearer
« Reply #28849 on: December 24, 2018, 06:19:24 PM »
Hopefully, the new year will see renewed hope in the form of some successor projects that are inching, ever so slowly, towards a playable beta.  In the meantime, we have PChat to keep the eternal flame of hope lit, and the SEGS effort to resurrect what we all love.
What was no more, is now reborn!

Sinistar

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28850 on: December 26, 2018, 06:38:57 AM »
Question for all the dominators out there:

I've been fiddling with Mids now and then making some mid level dom. builds seeking to get perma dom/hasten or as close to it by level 25. In some cases I can but defense always takes a hit as I cannot seem to make an L25 build with good defense and permadom.

So which was more important in your opinion at that level: reaching the defense cap, or permadom?
In fearful COH-less days
In Raging COH-less nights
With Strong Hearts Full, we shall UNITE!
When all seems lost in the effort to bring CoH back to life,
Look to Cyberspace, where HOPE burns bright!

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28851 on: December 26, 2018, 08:18:46 AM »
permadom. with it you don't need no stinking defense. you're not going to softcap any kind of defense at that level, much less all kinds and any defense you build on a squishy can get debuffed into oblivion quickly.

jessejame

• Underling
« Reply #28852 on: December 26, 2018, 08:48:03 PM »
I always feel like Homer Simpson.
  that's true I forgot he does walk around pantless. 

the community is so funny. Play a cow, play a necromancer... play a cow necromancer
I have it on my wish list but just waiting for it to go on sale for a reasonable price. Look fun and really brings back memories of how games used to be great because of a lack of handholding that made the experience challenging and exciting.

Brigadine

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28853 on: December 27, 2018, 05:31:28 AM »

How is that game? P2W? Do the microtransactions affect the gameplay?

Dev7on

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28854 on: December 27, 2018, 05:11:03 PM »
I had a dream that I was doing the LRSF with my friends last night.  :'(

therain93

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28855 on: December 27, 2018, 05:18:20 PM »

I was driving home from New York yesterday and spent a lot of time daydreaming about a BAF run. / ' :
@Texarkana - March 5, 2004 - December 1, 2012 -- Imageshack |-| Youtube
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You don't know what it's like.... |-| Book One. Chapter one...

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28856 on: December 27, 2018, 07:20:10 PM »

I was driving home from New York yesterday and spent a lot of time daydreaming about a BAF run. / ' :

Laggy traffic?

Sinistar

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28857 on: December 27, 2018, 07:46:50 PM »

I dreamt my overamped incarnated ss/fire brute plunged into massive farm/battle while Led Zepplin's Immigrant song was playing.
In fearful COH-less days

Azrael

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28858 on: December 28, 2018, 01:35:57 AM »
permadom. with it you don't need no stinking defense. you're not going to softcap any kind of defense at that level, much less all kinds and any defense you build on a squishy can get debuffed into oblivion quickly.

Elec elec domi.  Perma-dom!  Perma-hasten.  35% defence.  Cost me 4 billion influence.

I could have capped it but you have to hack apart your primary/secondary powers to do so.

If you have perma Dom?  You rock.  With perma hasten?  You rock harder and faster.

I'd have perma Dom lapping itself....and pets galore.

Azrael.

Sinistar

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28859 on: December 28, 2018, 04:07:11 AM »
Elec elec domi.  Perma-dom!  Perma-hasten.  35% defence.  Cost me 4 billion influence.

I could have capped it but you have to hack apart your primary/secondary powers to do so.

If you have perma Dom?  You rock.  With perma hasten?  You rock harder and faster.

I'd have perma Dom lapping itself....and pets galore.

Azrael.

Very nice.  Someone I played with a few times had a mind.....I think the other power was dark or electric that was so amped up it didn't need hasten for permadom.  Best I ever had was permadom and permahasten.
In fearful COH-less days