Author Topic: New efforts!  (Read 7210086 times)

hurple

• Elite Boss
Re: New efforts!
« Reply #13560 on: December 03, 2014, 04:57:42 PM »
I wanted to climb the incarnate tree, but never ever could figure it out.  It was just so confusing to me... And then there were those other 52,453,65.4 alts that I had created that I wanted to level up to 50 constantly calling to me... "play me. play me..."

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #13561 on: December 03, 2014, 04:59:59 PM »
The first few people to unlock Alpha might feel kind of lonely.

But then they'd feel like true Incarnates, achieving ultimate power while the rest of the lowly peons ran about with their normal power sets only!
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Raven

• Underling
« Reply #13562 on: December 03, 2014, 05:43:48 PM »
I love it when you guys start talking about lore stuff like this.

I sit around giggling going "I know what's gonna haaaappeeeen."
and then I can't say anything....Cuz spoilers.
Irish Girl I love your nasty streak! Can we team someday?  8)

Burnt Toast

• Elite Boss
  • Tastes Good!
« Reply #13563 on: December 03, 2014, 06:38:41 PM »
I absolutely loved all the incarnate trials and content. All of my 50's were maxed with various T4s for each power. I truly can't wait for CoH to come back ... I miss BAF, TPN, MOM, and MAG trials so much.

I didn't mind Lambda or Diabolique... Didn't care for Keyes...and did not like Underground at all.

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #13564 on: December 03, 2014, 06:57:27 PM »
I absolutely loved all the incarnate trials and content. All of my 50's were maxed with various T4s for each power. I truly can't wait for CoH to come back ... I miss BAF, TPN, MOM, and MAG trials so much.

I didn't mind Lambda or Diabolique... Didn't care for Keyes...and did not like Underground at all.

Me to, i was able to get most of my characters a full load of incarnate powers.  I think the TPN trial was my favorite, as it had a solid reward rate and also had a good gameplay pace.  It was also reasonably doable to avoid the instant death attacks Maelstrom would launch on the league since it was detectable.

As for my second favorite trial, Probably the LAMBDA, BAF and MAG trials were my other favorites.  They were well paced I felt, I only felt the LAMBDA was semi bothersome on a mastermind, BAF was done a hair to commonly to be my favorite and the MAG trial people liked to refuse to do the entire thing and finish it, which annoyed the heck out of me.

MOM fell behind the others due to how people acted with the trial.  It was a fun trial itself, but I encountered the most elitism with that particular trial.  I also encountered a lot of elitism with the Diabolique trial, and was left hateful towards some players, even, over it.

As for my most hated trial, it was the Underground trial.  It was laced with some fake difficulty in that the targetted was something many people didn't know how to deal with.  It was a subtle enough graphic that idiots sabotaging it intentionally or otherwise couldn't be kicked likewise because they couldn't be detected to stop disaster.  And I get a feeling trolls loved to sabotage that one alot, heck one idiot used rebirth one time while confused on the end boss.....yeah....
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Sinistar

• Elite Boss
« Reply #13565 on: December 03, 2014, 09:12:19 PM »
I enjoyed most of the Trials, except for Underground and one specific part of Keys.

The part I hated about Keys was that if one person got caught in the bolt from above and was flailing helplessly in the air then the whole league was penalized and none could get the badge.

I lost track of all the griefers that would go "LOL" when told to move and would get caught just to screw the league.
In fearful COH-less days
In Raging COH-less nights
With Strong Hearts Full, we shall UNITE!
When all seems lost in the effort to bring CoH back to life,
Look to Cyberspace, where HOPE burns bright!

Power Gamer

• Elite Boss
  • Reaching troubled youth...one Hellion at a time!
« Reply #13566 on: December 03, 2014, 09:25:02 PM »
I enjoy all the trails.

I didn't realize griefers were sabotaging Underground. ???
It takes a village to raise a child. And it takes a villain to explain the value of lunch money.

-Random CoHer: "Why does the sky turn green during Rikti invasions?"
-Me:"Rikti Monkey farts"
-Random CoHer: "I'm going to you for all my questions from now on!"

Sinistar

• Elite Boss
« Reply #13567 on: December 03, 2014, 09:32:24 PM »
I enjoy all the trails.

I didn't realize griefers were sabotaging Underground. ???

Yeah I remember some of that happening to.  Amazing how some people can only have fun by disrupting things for others.
In fearful COH-less days

AmberOfDzu

• Boss
« Reply #13568 on: December 03, 2014, 09:43:24 PM »
I enjoyed the Underground trial. I don't recall any of the runs I was on being griefed, and we had a few top-notch raid leaders who organized them and did the heavy cat-herding.

I didn't like the Keyes trial, mainly because of what I considered to be excessive trick-mechanics. But sure, some people liked it. There were enough different trials most everyone could find a few they had fun in. ^_^

Teikiatsu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #13569 on: December 03, 2014, 10:32:14 PM »
But then they'd feel like true Incarnates, achieving ultimate power while the rest of the lowly peons ran about with their normal power sets only!

The logistics on that will be interesting since the trials are going to require league play and there will not be a ready population of high level toons running hamis and hanging out in DA.  How much spamming from 50+'s to lowbies will there be for SK PL in the DA arcs, I wonder?  Oh irony.
Virtue Server - Main: Midnight Lightning Dark/Elec/Psi Defender

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfKUPgy_xH8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EitO6Wq_9A

artbunker

• Lieutenant
« Reply #13570 on: December 03, 2014, 10:45:45 PM »
Count me in that two percent, on multiple toons and servers.

I guess I was in the 2% as well with multiple toons .

Sinistar

• Elite Boss
« Reply #13571 on: December 03, 2014, 11:28:10 PM »
I enjoyed the Underground trial. I don't recall any of the runs I was on being griefed, and we had a few top-notch raid leaders who organized them and did the heavy cat-herding.

I didn't like the Keyes trial, mainly because of what I considered to be excessive trick-mechanics. But sure, some people liked it. There were enough different trials most everyone could find a few they had fun in. ^_^

One thing I did like about Keys when I was running some of my tanks was that when Antimatter would emerge in certain stages to fight us until the reactor was shut down, I would easily keep Antimatter occupied while the rest of the league hit the reactors.

It was fun facing such a powerful foe, even if the fight was a stalemate until the final fight.
In fearful COH-less days

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #13572 on: December 04, 2014, 01:42:13 AM »
The logistics on that will be interesting since the trials are going to require league play and there will not be a ready population of high level toons running hamis and hanging out in DA.  How much spamming from 50+'s to lowbies will there be for SK PL in the DA arcs, I wonder?  Oh irony.

It'll take some time for trials and I won't be surprised if they end up unreliable in winning early on like before.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Dareon Kale

• Minion
« Reply #13573 on: December 04, 2014, 03:42:11 AM »
I ended up in the BAF more than any of the others, and I loved it every time. I wished I would have gotten to do MoM and Underground more. I only ever got to to run them a few times, and those runs tended to be pretty tightly organized. I didn't end up getting to actually see as much of the trial that way, but it went a long way to insuring success.

Rejolt

• Elite Boss
  • Infinity Server 2005-2012
« Reply #13574 on: December 04, 2014, 03:48:47 AM »
It'll take some time for trials and I won't be surprised if they end up unreliable in winning early on like before.

Depends on server concentration. If they stick to a few shards we're good. If they try re-opening all of them you could be right.

I wouldn't mind 3 servers - name them after Gold, Blue and Red themed sides and see who flocks to what. Cov never got enough love because players stuck to their launch window mains.

If that's not enough - have a 4th that allows infinite server transfers to.
Rejolt Industries LLC is now a thing. Woo!

Sinistar

• Elite Boss
« Reply #13575 on: December 04, 2014, 03:55:49 AM »
Depends on server concentration. If they stick to a few shards we're good. If they try re-opening all of them you could be right.

I wouldn't mind 3 servers - name them after Gold, Blue and Red themed sides and see who flocks to what. Cov never got enough love because players stuck to their launch window mains.

perhaps a PVP only shard?    Hmm....nah, people need to be reminded about the ARENA and as I recall the "diminishing returns" of PVP can be shut down in the arena, if it applied at all.   

Regardless though of how many server shards return, it is going to take some time to get alts to 50 and slotted up enough to handle the iTrials without being a serious liability to the leagues. 

Not to mention that after 2 years of no game some players will be out of practice.

As to how many shards should return, well I've postulated before that bringing them ALL back at relaunch may not be the best course.  Bring back half and as time and population demands then reactive the others. 

Example: Exalted, the VIP only shard. I don't think having that one back at relaunch is the best of ideas.
In fearful COH-less days

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #13576 on: December 04, 2014, 04:11:03 AM »

I'm not talking about issues such as lag, I am talking about players being able to do them reliably due to the number of people reaching level 50.  The sooner more people are level 50 the sooner trials will be seeing success.  But I wouldn't be surprised if a fair number of early ITrial runs fail.  Heck I won't be surprised if the fail rate was high until people start bringing the force multipliers out, because remember the enemies in Itrials as it is are always at least level 54, the ranges that tear you apart without really good defenses/resistances.  And IO sets are going to be a luxury at first due to a restarted economy.

Edit: Not to mention to hit ratings of mobs in ITrials are much higher due to the shift in levels.

Noyjitat

• Elite Boss
  • Guess who cares?
« Reply #13577 on: December 04, 2014, 05:02:13 AM »
One thing I did like about Keys when I was running some of my tanks was that when Antimatter would emerge in certain stages to fight us until the reactor was shut down, I would easily keep Antimatter occupied while the rest of the league hit the reactors.

It was fun facing such a powerful foe, even if the fight was a stalemate until the final fight.

I had one complaint about keyes and that was the 99.9% damage of the final tick of disintegration and rather than slightly reduce that, they nerfed it so hard it wasn't even dangerous anymore. Our devs did have that problem though with overnerfing or overbuffing things...

Stealth Dart

• Boss
  • Martial Artists kick butt with style
« Reply #13578 on: December 04, 2014, 05:04:17 AM »
 :-X
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 01:08:20 PM by Stealth Dart »
I am a dancer, a leaf in the wind...a leaf that can kick your Butt!

Stealth Dart

• Boss
  • Martial Artists kick butt with style
« Reply #13579 on: December 04, 2014, 05:29:39 AM »
 :-X
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 01:08:45 PM by Stealth Dart »
I am a dancer, a leaf in the wind...a leaf that can kick your Butt!