Author Topic: New efforts!  (Read 7271191 times)

Gamerchamp

• Come from the Land Down
  • Lieutenant
  • City of Heroes/Villains
    • My Twitter
Re: New efforts!
« Reply #8420 on: August 08, 2014, 12:35:22 PM »
The day the game comes back, I will probably spend about a solid 30 minutes just staring at everything again.

Then the clarion call will go out, a voice ringing clear from one end of Paragon City to the other, a call that draws all who hear it to the gathering place...

"I'M FILMING, WHO WANTS TO BE IN A VIDEO?!"

(Admittedly, I probably won't get much of a response since everyone will be too busy chatting and playing and just freaking out about being back in the game again.)

Michelle
aka
Samuraiko/Dark_Respite

I will certainly respond :).
@Str8Dumpin
Str8Dumpin Level 50 War Mace/Fiery Aura Tanker
Str8Away Level 50 Fire Control/Radiation Emission Controller
Str8Killer Level 50 Spines/Invulnerability Scrapper
Str8Ninja Level 50 Energy Melee/Ninjitsu Stalker

AlienOne

• HumanZero
  • Elite Boss
  • Resident Kheldian
« Reply #8421 on: August 08, 2014, 01:42:37 PM »
I don't think Samuraiko will have any lack of response from this particular crowd... :P
"What COH did was to show [developers of other] MMOs what they could be like if they gave up on controlling everything in the game, and just made it something great to play."  - Johnny Joy Bringer

Minotaur

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8422 on: August 08, 2014, 01:44:56 PM »
I don't think Samuraiko will have any lack of response from this particular crowd... :P

I don't understand why she gets a different response to me when I say "Hey girl, want to be in a video" :)

Shifter

• Boss
« Reply #8423 on: August 08, 2014, 02:11:39 PM »
Teach my younger kids how to play.

I'm so looking forward to playing with my youngest son. I think we would have a blast.
Stone Tank
Freedom Server

mrultimate

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8424 on: August 08, 2014, 02:12:51 PM »
Since we're all passing time between updates, anyway, and now that we're on page 420, here's a question: have you ever teamed up with someone who was obviously high at the time?

LMAO

Des_Tructive

• Lieutenant
  • SLAP!
    • Meta - Superhuman Covert Ops (german)
« Reply #8425 on: August 08, 2014, 02:27:11 PM »
I'm so looking forward to playing with my youngest son. I think we would have a blast.
Or a scrap... or a tank... or a control...
CoX: @DeS Tructive
TSW: BloodyCarrie; HrFaust; TheContact

Kobolt

• Underling
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #8426 on: August 08, 2014, 02:28:59 PM »
I played CoH with my three sons and now looking forward to playing with my grandson :)

SteveTheDwarf

• Minion
  • For the little people!
« Reply #8427 on: August 08, 2014, 02:34:42 PM »

My oldest daughter at age 3 started playing. She could run around and kill small groups of "bad guys" in Atlas better than some adults I know. My wife or I was never very far away from her, just in case. We'd tell our friends she was playing and they would come see her fight. Most were surprised at how well she was doing. I think it was a psi/psi blaster we helped her make. All pink with cat ears.
Steve the Dwarf 
Lvl 50 Invulnerablity / Energy Melee / Fire Mastery Tank
Pinnacle server

Pinnbadges will always be the greatest channel ever.

Fridgy Daiere

« Reply #8428 on: August 08, 2014, 03:57:27 PM »

My two youngest were literally in diapers when they started playing; she's three and he's two in this pic.  I loved how CoX allowed you to turn off all invites, tells, etc. and place yourself on hide.  Of course, it was a little sad that for a while, the only letters the youngest knew were W, A, S, D, and X!

I feel you on the pink, Steve...Daughter's first toon was all pink with wings named Pretty Princess Paula. (No that's not her name IRL; she just liked the alliteration!)

While I look forward to being able to play and sharing it with my 4 kiddos, I dread having to buy more computers so that we can all play together!

Mindscythe

• Lieutenant
  • "Any world is what you make of it."
    • SoR Radio
« Reply #8429 on: August 08, 2014, 03:59:09 PM »
Just curious what you guys have planned when the game actually does come back up?

1. Cry happy tears (probably)
2. Dedicate all my free time to re-acquainting myself with my home-away-from-home.
3. Start working on recreating my two main characters and working them toward 50.
4. Succumb to alt-itis and create more characters.
5. Finally get characters to 50 after running ITFs galore.
6. Change my class assignment back to CoH from Second Life for all three classes.
"Radio... Radio... RADIO FREE OPPORTUNITY!"

http://www.profj.org/theradiospeaks/

SteveTheDwarf

• Minion
  • For the little people!
« Reply #8430 on: August 08, 2014, 04:22:05 PM »
While I look forward to being able to play and sharing it with my 4 kiddos, I dread having to buy more computers so that we can all play together!

Luckily we've upgraded our laptops and haven't gotten rid of the old ones. Probably will buy new ones for the kids at tax season anyway, depending on the news of the game.

My oldest who is 6 now will still randomly ask to play "the super hero game". Breaks my heart having to say she can't.
Steve the Dwarf 
Lvl 50 Invulnerablity / Energy Melee / Fire Mastery Tank
Pinnacle server

Pinnbadges will always be the greatest channel ever.

DocHornet

• Lieutenant
« Reply #8431 on: August 08, 2014, 04:27:25 PM »
Just curious what you guys have planned when the game actually does come back up?

Vigorously defend Atlas Park trees from Hellion crowbars!

(I can only assume they're after the Keebler Elf's stash.)

Raven

• Underling
« Reply #8432 on: August 08, 2014, 04:38:02 PM »
Since we're all passing time between updates, anyway, and now that we're on page 420, here's a question: have you ever teamed up with someone who was obviously high at the time?
Used to team with 2 guys from Canada who were friends. If you happened to be with them when the clock hit 4:20 they would say, " Its 420 time, brb, going to burn one."  ;D

damienray

• Lieutenant
« Reply #8433 on: August 08, 2014, 05:25:06 PM »
I would expect quite a bit of a response.

Recreate AP33 on day 1 ? :o

sindyr

• Boss
« Reply #8434 on: August 08, 2014, 05:29:18 PM »

General Sherman

• Minion
  • Drop Maggot!
« Reply #8435 on: August 08, 2014, 05:50:23 PM »
I will probably recreate my main, my namesake. He was a claws/invulnerable scrapper but I think wp or regen would fit the concept better. Any recommendations on which one to choose? I never experimented with either one (much to my chagrin) and could use the advice.
We shall see what we shall see, when there is actually something to see.

Lucretia MacEvil

« Reply #8436 on: August 08, 2014, 05:55:21 PM »
When CoX comes back, I will...
1) Jump around and yell excitedly due to pure uncontainable joy.
2) Remake my mains, reroll some others, make a few new characters with names I couldn't get before.
3) Get my elec/WP brute up to 50+3
4) Take said brute through the Dark Astoria solo arcs and punch the ever-loving crap out of the Talons of Vengeance.  There was that one mission (I don't remember which, arrgh!) with a multi-level room where they kept spawning (maybe it was the Knives of Vengeance instead? IDK).  I loved that room!  BAM! ... and stay down!
5) Make a new character and go from 1 to 50 all over again!

(*Note: if we get our character data back, I'll skip steps 2 and 3)

Cheesy

• Underling
« Reply #8437 on: August 08, 2014, 06:14:16 PM »
When CoX comes back I will burst into tears of joy and start thinking on how we can all personally thank the efforts that others have put in to make this happen.

I've played so many games but I just want my slice of gaming in the original engine, I don't want fancy I want to start rebuilding my memories :D

:)

Power Gamer

• Elite Boss
  • Reaching troubled youth...one Hellion at a time!
« Reply #8438 on: August 08, 2014, 06:31:10 PM »
This has got to be the one of the most dedicated communities ever known.

What will I do?

Above all the things that previous peeps have posted, cuz I will be doing that as well, I will first and foremost recruit as many new players as I possibly can.

I would owe at least that much to the new studio and owners as a great big thank you for having the courage to pick up this title.
It takes a village to raise a child. And it takes a villain to explain the value of lunch money.

-Random CoHer: "Why does the sky turn green during Rikti invasions?"
-Me:"Rikti Monkey farts"
-Random CoHer: "I'm going to you for all my questions from now on!"

Steelhelm

• Lieutenant
« Reply #8439 on: August 08, 2014, 06:38:08 PM »
When CoX comes back I will hope my computer can survive the first few minutes in-game, as there will be so many people in Atlas Park.