Author Topic: New efforts!  (Read 7212359 times)

Remaugen

• Elite Boss
  • Android Clan of One
Re: New efforts!
« Reply #8440 on: August 08, 2014, 06:51:32 PM »
I stop to fill up the Jeep the other day and there by the counter was a bag of Hippie Chips, said they was made with hemp. Anyone ever try them?
http://www.taquitos.net/chips/Hippie-Chips-Hemp-Haight-Ashberry-Jalapeno

I shuddered when reading the description!

What about the Villain ATs' t-shirts?

Brute t-shirt:
"I like it when I'm angry"

Stalker t-shirt:
"You can't see me"

Mastermind t-shirt:
"And you thought herding cats was hard..." or "I bring my own army"

I love all of those! You could also steal the US Army slogan "Army of One" for the MMs.

Are we there yet?  ;D
We're almost there!  ;D

The RNG hates me.

SteveTheDwarf

• Minion
  • For the little people!
« Reply #8441 on: August 08, 2014, 06:56:02 PM »

Above all the things that previous peeps have posted, cuz I will be doing that as well, I will first and foremost recruit as many new players as I possibly can.

I've got a few people from work wanting to play, almost as anxious for news as I am.
Steve the Dwarf 
Lvl 50 Invulnerablity / Energy Melee / Fire Mastery Tank
Pinnacle server

Pinnbadges will always be the greatest channel ever.

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #8442 on: August 08, 2014, 07:03:02 PM »
I would like to say to everyone who just posted playing with their kids, or planning on getting their kids to play.  That was all very sweet!  It is so cool that your families might be able to share this again soon!  I hope the game comes back just so you all can get on and play together.

chuckv3

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8443 on: August 08, 2014, 08:13:47 PM »
Just curious what you guys have planned when the game actually does come back up? I for one will take the day off work...order delivery food all day/night and quite possibly slap on an adult diaper so I never have to leave the keyboard...ok that last part isn't going to happen but the rest...certainly so! I will likely have the most unproductive week of work I have ever had once the game goes live again.

1. Get the word out. I'm sure there are hundreds of poor saps out there who will still think the game is gone forever. Not everyone checks Titan Network, or even looks at "gaming" news. I don't think it will appear anywhere else.
2. Play, play, play, play, play, play, play, play, eat, sleep, work, play, play, play, play, play, play, play, play, play, play, play, play, play.

Eeeww. I just thought about the fact that my work computer is 2 feet away from my game pc, and I work from home now. I'm really wondering how long after the game comes back before they fire me for my ridiculous drop in productivity.

Nyx Nought Nothing

• New Efforts # 11,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • Ha!
« Reply #8444 on: August 08, 2014, 08:25:17 PM »
(Admittedly, I probably won't get much of a response since everyone will be too busy chatting and playing and just freaking out about being back in the game again.)
Expect a response. It's not like i'll need to rush to hit 50 even if everyone has to start over, so i would stop leveling in a blink to do anything that entertains me. Back when the game was live i'd sometimes spend a long time playing around with grey enemies if i happened to notice an AI quirk that seemed especially interesting.
i probably spent hours tinkering with stupid Wormhole tricks figuring out exactly what the limits and quirks were. Like wormholing entire spawns into stores and then back out again. Spraying the Talos Tram station ramps with Warriors while shouting "It's raining men!" Finding out that Wormholing Crey security into the AE building windows leaves them half imbedded and fully dead. And so on.
Yeah, if you're filming and i'm in the area i'd stop to help in a second. Not that i'm entirely sure you'd want the help, but it would be available.
So far so good. Onward and upward!

Nyx Nought Nothing

• New Efforts # 11,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • Ha!
« Reply #8445 on: August 08, 2014, 08:28:30 PM »
Just noticed, like... this page, man... It's number... um... 420... woooowww.....
By my count we're 251 pages from 420.

Masharific

• Underling
« Reply #8446 on: August 08, 2014, 08:40:37 PM »
Since we're all passing time between updates, anyway, and now that we're on page 420, here's a question: have you ever teamed up with someone who was obviously high at the time?

I ran with a group that formed "Drunken Task Force" nights!  We'd get on vent, grab our fav beverage and run one task force after another.  It was such good fun and if laughter is good for the heart, we all have very healthy hearts after that! :)

Mindscythe

• Lieutenant
  • "Any world is what you make of it."
    • SoR Radio
« Reply #8447 on: August 08, 2014, 08:45:38 PM »
I ran with a group that formed "Drunken Task Force" nights!  We'd get on vent, grab our fav beverage and run one task force after another.  It was such good fun and if laughter is good for the heart, we all have very healthy hearts after that! :)

That was just about every night on Pinnacle. We had a SG called "Pinnacle on Tap" and every character in it was the name of a drink we'd consume while playing. "Captain Tattoo" (whose battle cry was "Everyone needs a little captain in 'em!" since he was as short as could be) was named after the Captain Morgan's Black "Tattoo" rum. :)
"Radio... Radio... RADIO FREE OPPORTUNITY!"

http://www.profj.org/theradiospeaks/

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #8448 on: August 08, 2014, 09:04:31 PM »
That was just about every night on Pinnacle. We had a SG called "Pinnacle on Tap" and every character in it was the name of a drink we'd consume while playing. "Captain Tattoo" (whose battle cry was "Everyone needs a little captain in 'em!" since he was as short as could be) was named after the Captain Morgan's Black "Tattoo" rum. :)

Sounds as if my wood-club (War Mace) tank, the Canadian Clubber, might have fit in with them.
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

SteveTheDwarf

• Minion
  • For the little people!
« Reply #8449 on: August 08, 2014, 10:02:30 PM »
By my count we're 251 pages from 420.

If you raised your posts shown per page limit, perhaps, but the default setting puts us on 423 now.
Steve the Dwarf 
Pinnacle server

DCA1987

• Underling
« Reply #8450 on: August 08, 2014, 10:05:50 PM »
Not that it hasn't been posted ten billion times, but NCSoft info for those who keep asking questions that have been answered about NCsoft... you can talk to someone about it:

Contact info: http://global.ncsoft.com/global/support/contact.aspx

Waffles

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8451 on: August 08, 2014, 11:29:12 PM »
When CoX comes back I will kill ALL the things.

Nyx Nought Nothing

• New Efforts # 11,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • Ha!
« Reply #8452 on: August 08, 2014, 11:39:37 PM »

If you raised your posts shown per page limit, perhaps, but the default setting puts us on 423 now.
People use default settings?  :o
[]

(Alright, i do leave most default settings after checking to see if they're useful, but things like the default posts per page on most forums seem like a legacy of the days when dialup was common. It only takes two or three minutes of reading at most before you have to click on the next page button. i like being able to spend some time reading posts before loading a new page.)

Zerohour

• Lieutenant
  • Trapped in the Speed Force
« Reply #8453 on: August 08, 2014, 11:54:25 PM »
I think if/when the game returns I will head to the local beer store and buy a case of beer.  Once I get back home, I'll kiss my wife and tell her I will see her in the morning as I head down into my man cave which, since the shut down of CoH, has been reduced to a shadow of its former self since the arrival of my daughter.  Then I will crack open said beer, and with a smile and a twinkle in my eye, delve in to the costume creator to resurrect my heroes.

Perspective

• Underling
« Reply #8454 on: August 08, 2014, 11:55:42 PM »
I think, the first thing I'll do once I log in again is have a good long cry, cause it would be such a blast.

Then reserve my best names.

Then go to Wentworths and try to make back my billions.  8)

SteveTheDwarf

• Minion
  • For the little people!
« Reply #8455 on: August 09, 2014, 12:28:21 AM »
Then go to Wentworths and try to make back my billions.  8)

The market restarting on there should be interesting. Good chance for some of us who didn't get into it until late in to get in on the ground floor. I wonder if the things that were expensive for no real reason will be one again...
Steve the Dwarf 
Pinnacle server

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #8456 on: August 09, 2014, 12:40:46 AM »
Not that it hasn't been posted ten billion times, but NCSoft info for those who keep asking questions that have been answered about NCsoft... you can talk to someone about it:

Contact info: http://global.ncsoft.com/global/support/contact.aspx
It's worth pointing out that writing to any of those email addresses won't get anyone anywhere.  All the mail that arrives in those inboxes is filtered by low level peons before it goes anywhere and any messages about CoH have about a 99% chance of just getting tossed aside.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Perspective

• Underling
« Reply #8457 on: August 09, 2014, 12:48:25 AM »
The market restarting on there should be interesting. Good chance for some of us who didn't get into it until late in to get in on the ground floor. I wonder if the things that were expensive for no real reason will be one again...

If it's a complete restart, it'll be interesting until things stabilize. One one hand, rares/very rares will be exceptionally uncommon,on the other...no one will have THAT much inf to buy with anyway. Opportunities everywhere.

Winter Fable

• Lieutenant
« Reply #8458 on: August 09, 2014, 01:49:27 AM »
I really hope the marketeers stay away for awhile.As I tried to io my toons and read the builds on the forums
people kept saying don't buy it now but I'm glad I did as I got more time playing the game.I always shook my 
head that people kept thinking that the game would always continue.I understand supply and demand but I
still hope prices never reach the billions again.

Power Gamer

• Elite Boss
  • Reaching troubled youth...one Hellion at a time!
« Reply #8459 on: August 09, 2014, 01:59:05 AM »
Yup, the market was pricey.  :o

But there were ways around it. Like playing 'til you got a good drop, and 'flip' it to what you really wanted.
Worked well for me.

The game had so many rewards that I can't imagine why you wouldn't be able to get everything you wanted,
other than availability on the market.

And I didn't find that to be too much of a prob.
It takes a village to raise a child. And it takes a villain to explain the value of lunch money.

-Random CoHer: "Why does the sky turn green during Rikti invasions?"
-Me:"Rikti Monkey farts"
-Random CoHer: "I'm going to you for all my questions from now on!"