Author Topic: New efforts!  (Read 7527852 times)

Harpospoke

• New Efforts # 4,000!
  • Elite Boss
Re: New efforts!
« Reply #2920 on: July 04, 2014, 09:32:32 AM »
I really hope a solution to the account data happens. One I want all 40+ Fully IO'd out 50;s with all their enhancements and influence back.. I want all the character slots I purchased.. I want all my Veteran Rewards.. My Merits.. Etc etc...

While its certainly wouldnt be a deal breaker for me.. I wouldnt be as excited to repeat 8 years of grind again. I simply dont have that time anymore.. I am not the man I was 10 years ago.. I dont have the time.. I have a wife and a family now which demands time ( and time I freely enjoy giving )
That's something I worry about too.  I wonder if I'll have the same time I had 10 years ago.  I've got TWO bands now instead of one....eek.

Cobra Man

• Boss
« Reply #2921 on: July 04, 2014, 10:54:53 AM »
For what it's worth, I already have a song and script in mind if this comes to fruition.

What do you guys think?  http://samurai-ko.tumblr.com/post/77656372693/i-admit-i-often-fantasize-about-the-day

Michelle
aka
Samuraiko/Dark_Respite

Looks pretty awesome and gets a big thumbs up from me.

Tyrannical

• Minion
« Reply #2922 on: July 04, 2014, 11:45:01 AM »
Having EU servers would be nice, even if it's just two of them, one standard and one for RP, as it used to be. I recall there being very big differences in RP crowds in Union and Virtue, almost alien. And the French and German speaking servers seemed to decline after Paragon Studios said they aren't translating content anymore.

So, perhaps we could have 6 servers;

US RP
US PvP
US PvE
EU RP
EU PvP
EU PvE

what do you guys think? I'm not exactly knowledgeable of the US servers besides Virtue, so I'm unsure what each had as a community.

Jubilation

• Underling
« Reply #2923 on: July 04, 2014, 12:19:18 PM »
Well, Zukunft and Vigilance were more like family for the french and german players. They had a whole different feel to them. They basically were their respective languages rp servers. Maybe some players switched to US/UK servers when they wanted to farm incarnate stuff more reliably, but NC Softs business decisions, beside the closing of the game had little to do with fewer people being there. Well, maybe the lack of marketing did.

parabola

• Underling
« Reply #2924 on: July 04, 2014, 12:21:31 PM »
Been quietly lurking for far too long trying to keep my hopes in check. But screw that - i'm too excited. I played from launch to the announcement of closure at which point I was too gutted to log in again so missed the last three months. I want this game back. Nothing has managed to come close to replacing it. Much kudos to all those involved in this bid and also shut up and take my money  :).

Oh and my 2inf on the account info debate - I wouldn't be at all unhappy to start again from scratch. Actually it could really be a benefit in terms of bringing a shared experience to the playerbase. I have a lovely mental image of Atlas Park spawning instance after instance as thousands of fresh faced level 1 toons start logging in at the relaunch. Kind of like the AP33 thing but with less em torch and far more DFB's! I spent quite a bit of money on all the costume packs and powersets and stuff and would gladly spend it again given the opportunity.

Shadowe

• Boss
  • Just don't tell Manticore...
« Reply #2925 on: July 04, 2014, 12:38:18 PM »
I recall there being very big differences in RP crowds in Union and Virtue, almost alien.

It was chalk and cheese. The vast majority of RPers on Union bought into the idea that it was a shared world - if two characters experienced something together whilst RPing, they shared that piece of experience, and everyone else acknowledged the idea that the experience had happened. Sure, there were some interesting issues surrounding TFs, but we worked around those.

The general impression the Unionites had regarding Virtue RP was that character experience was somewhat mutable: whilst a particular character could experience something, there was no consensus agreement that all other characters would accept that experience as part of their own reality. When the server-list merged there were some... vibrant discussions about the differences. In the end, I think most Unionites were happy with the way we were doing things, and we'd like to pretty much pick up where we left off.
The wisdom of Shadowe: Ghostraptor: The Shadowe is wise ...; FFM: Shadowe is no longer wise. ; Techbot_Alpha: Also, what Shadowe said. It seems he is still somewhat wise ; Bull Throttle: Shadowe was unwise in this instance...; Rock_Powerfist: in this instance Shadowe is wise.; Techbot_Alpha: Shadowe is very wise *nods*; Zortel: *Quotable line about Shadowe being wise goes here.* FFM: I think you're mostly wise in this instance, apart from one part.

USCI

• Underling
« Reply #2926 on: July 04, 2014, 12:43:41 PM »
Totally late to the party and with planning my wedding and all, I really don't have time to spend searching but what about the Sentinel+ Extractor character export tool we used before the game shut off?  I still have all of the XMLs.

HEATSTROKE

• Lovin' bein' an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2927 on: July 04, 2014, 01:09:39 PM »
 There has to be some way for veteran players to get their stuff..  The game for me isnt just the city but is the experience I had with those creations in that city.

All the character slots I had open on Virtue ( i think all of them were open ). Im concerned I wouldnt be able to get all that stuff back..

People are expecting the game back the way it was.. They are expecting their original servers.. etc etc.. the community is excited which is good.. but like Ironwolf said the new ownership should everything be successful could go from hero to goat overnight..

Ectomy

• Underling
« Reply #2928 on: July 04, 2014, 01:20:25 PM »
I just want to play. I'm a crafter and coming up with new ideas and character concepts was kinda my thing. I loved creating back stories as much as running around town. The leveling is always something nice to do but to play the game sigh I so miss...

sindyr

• Boss
« Reply #2929 on: July 04, 2014, 01:23:04 PM »
I just want to play. I'm a crafter and coming up with new ideas and character concepts was kinda my thing. I loved creating back stories as much as running around town. The leveling is always something nice to do but to play the game sigh I so miss...

Right there with you!  Well, for me it isn't about crafting back stories as much, but lovingly crafting a new character concept and mechanical approach. :)

Odimodus

• Minion
« Reply #2930 on: July 04, 2014, 01:24:39 PM »
 I've been missing the game and thinking about it periodically past several weeks. You know, reminiscence.  On a whim I looked on the web for any ray of hope and behold, what news.

I wont mind restarting from scratch, anything is better than emptiness. If they can get the game and get it back online to sate our appetites while they upgrade it to a new engine I'd be so happy.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2931 on: July 04, 2014, 01:25:10 PM »
There has to be some way for veteran players to get their stuff..  The game for me isnt just the city but is the experience I had with those creations in that city.

All the character slots I had open on Virtue ( i think all of them were open ). Im concerned I wouldnt be able to get all that stuff back..

People are expecting the game back the way it was.. They are expecting their original servers.. etc etc.. the community is excited which is good.. but like Ironwolf said the new ownership should everything be successful could go from hero to goat overnight..

Certainly it would be great to just play where we left off with all our heroes, awards, perks, etc., intact.

But If we got the game back as a clean slate and everyone starts new - I would be disappointed but starting over wouldn't be a deal breaker for me.

Shadowe

• Boss
  • Just don't tell Manticore...
« Reply #2932 on: July 04, 2014, 01:29:26 PM »
I would be completely happy starting from L1 and needing to level Shadowe up again. I want to fly around our city once more. I would miss my veteran powers, and the costumes and some of the extra bells and whistles I'd already purchased, but their loss pales into insignificance besides being able to roll up an Eng/Eng blaster and a Rad/Psi defender and get down and dirty with mobs and being able to RP again inside the virtual construct that is CoH.

Sure, I'd like my account fully restored... but I'd like the game restored even more.
The wisdom of Shadowe: Ghostraptor: The Shadowe is wise ...; FFM: Shadowe is no longer wise. ; Techbot_Alpha: Also, what Shadowe said. It seems he is still somewhat wise ; Bull Throttle: Shadowe was unwise in this instance...; Rock_Powerfist: in this instance Shadowe is wise.; Techbot_Alpha: Shadowe is very wise *nods*; Zortel: *Quotable line about Shadowe being wise goes here.* FFM: I think you're mostly wise in this instance, apart from one part.

HEATSTROKE

• Lovin' bein' an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2933 on: July 04, 2014, 01:33:22 PM »
Certainly it would be great to just play where we left off with all our heroes, awards, perks, etc., intact.

But If we got the game back as a clean slate and everyone starts new - I would be disappointed but starting over wouldn't be a deal breaker for me.

never said it was a deal breaker.. but I definitely wouldnt spend the time in the City as I did before.. I simply dont have that time to rebuild 40 plus level 50's fully IO'd..

Portland Underground

• Underling
  • Qui Docet Discit
« Reply #2934 on: July 04, 2014, 01:38:41 PM »
WHAAATTTTTTT?  Even at the hopeful levels this is the most encouraging CoH news since....gahhh...I don't know when!   Thank you so much to those involved for your efforts.  My hopefulness levels are fully slotted. 

Perplexite

• New Efforts # 6,000!
  • Minion
« Reply #2935 on: July 04, 2014, 01:39:25 PM »
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG Oh. My. GOD.

I've been going around saying "I'm over it." But clearly I'm not. XD
@.Q on Union Server

Perplexite

• New Efforts # 6,000!
  • Minion
« Reply #2936 on: July 04, 2014, 01:42:01 PM »
i am happy to start over as well, we'll just have to have an even bigger gaming spree than we would've.

Though if my account can be recreated I would implode from happiness. And still have a mahoosive spree.
@.Q on Union Server

Odimodus

• Minion
« Reply #2937 on: July 04, 2014, 01:44:43 PM »
If the buyers need to raise cash some real life gear would be nice too. Hats, shirts, bumper sticker, I don't care. I'm geeking out!

sindyr

• Boss
« Reply #2938 on: July 04, 2014, 01:48:36 PM »
never said it was a deal breaker.. but I definitely wouldnt spend the time in the City as I did before.. I simply dont have that time to rebuild 40 plus level 50's fully IO'd..

See, here's the thing for me. I had a blast creating all the level 50s I had. If I had to start over from scratch, I would be infinitely grateful to be given the opportunity to do it again.

Don't get me wrong, I would prefer to keep what I had - *but* CoX with every I had is like 100%. CoX starting from scratch is like 99%. No CoX is like -%1000000000000000.

One other thing: this assumes the new owners do NOT change anything about the game, like suddenly decide that we need a much higher death penalty, or that the powers need to be altered drastically. The most perfect state of the game was without a doubt Issue 24, and I would be lobbying HARD to make that the new game. Failing that, I23.

Lolliad

• Underling
« Reply #2939 on: July 04, 2014, 01:50:33 PM »
I would sell calendars in a boy scout uniform if that could help raising money!!!