Author Topic: New efforts!  (Read 7271055 times)

zendarin

• Minion
Re: New efforts!
« Reply #8380 on: August 07, 2014, 09:14:24 PM »
This borrows from someone else's idea (I think it was on the official forums) but on the front of the tshirt you would have a slogan for one archetype

such as:
 Tankers do it with protection,
 Blasters do it from a distance,
 Defenders do it with friends,
 Controllers do it with restraints,
 etc...

and on the back would be:
 How do you play City of Heroes?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 09:51:26 PM by zendarin »

Lucretia MacEvil

« Reply #8381 on: August 07, 2014, 09:52:51 PM »
This borrows from someone else's idea (I think it was on the official forums) but on the front of the tshirt you would have a slogan for one archetype

such as:
 Tankers do it with protection,
 Blasters do it from a distance,
 Defenders do it with friends,
 Controllers do it with restraints,
 etc...

and on the back would be:
 How do you play City of Heroes?

Forum needs "like" button...
In the meantime, +1 Like ;D

Samuraiko

• Honorary Paragon Dev and
  • Elite Boss
  • EVERYONE LOOK AWESOME - I'M FILMING!
    • The Wandering Crane
« Reply #8382 on: August 07, 2014, 10:11:10 PM »
I wonder if I still have the ideas folks submitted to me for making a "Meet the X archetypes" series. I'll have to look when I get home.

Michelle
aka
Samuraiko/Dark_Respite
The game may be gone, but the videos are still here...
http://www.youtube.com/samuraiko
http://cohtube.blogspot.com

Ohioknight

• Celebrating Columbus Day
  • Elite Boss
  • 65 years old
« Reply #8383 on: August 07, 2014, 10:14:07 PM »
Well, this one was!  :)

Never noticed that before, but shouldn't that be "a face not unfamiliar to the unseeing EYE of Nick Fury?"
-- I mean, did he know Scorpio when both eyes worked?

Also, say what you will about Scorpio, but he's a great guy to work for

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QEsjd1WZuY
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 10:23:43 PM by Ohioknight »
"Wow, a fat, sarcastic, Star Trek fan, you must be a devil with the ladies"

artbunker

• Lieutenant
« Reply #8384 on: August 07, 2014, 11:09:52 PM »
Just curious what you guys have planned when the game actually does come back up? I for one will take the day off work...order delivery food all day/night and quite possibly slap on an adult diaper so I never have to leave the keyboard...ok that last part isn't going to happen but the rest...certainly so! I will likely have the most unproductive week of work I have ever had once the game goes live again.

Hit 50

Help friends hit 50

Rebuild superbase

Rebuild my WIDOW

Help other people out in missions

AlienOne

• HumanZero
  • Elite Boss
  • Resident Kheldian
« Reply #8385 on: August 07, 2014, 11:10:21 PM »
Hit 50

Help friends hit 50

Rebuild superbase

Rebuild my WIDOW

Help other people out in missions

Person after my own heart... :)
"What COH did was to show [developers of other] MMOs what they could be like if they gave up on controlling everything in the game, and just made it something great to play."  - Johnny Joy Bringer

ivanhedgehog

• New Efforts # 25,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #8386 on: August 07, 2014, 11:37:16 PM »
one question is, if they dont have account data, will they just unlock the loyalty perks for all and the costume unlocks? and the squid/soa unlocks?

another is how soon to the first 2x xp weekend  :D :D :D :D

SteveTheDwarf

• Minion
  • For the little people!
« Reply #8387 on: August 07, 2014, 11:44:07 PM »
Just curious what you guys have planned when the game actually does come back up?

Spend a couple of hours reserving my character's names.

Level  my namesake to 50, in a duo with my wife.

Help friends hit 50.

ITF... maybe some iTrials.

Call in sick to work for a couple days.

Teach my younger kids how to play.
Steve the Dwarf 
Lvl 50 Invulnerablity / Energy Melee / Fire Mastery Tank
Pinnacle server

Pinnbadges will always be the greatest channel ever.

Blackstar5

• Lieutenant
« Reply #8388 on: August 07, 2014, 11:49:11 PM »
Just curious what you guys have planned when the game actually does come back up? I for one will take the day off work...order delivery food all day/night and quite possibly slap on an adult diaper so I never have to leave the keyboard...ok that last part isn't going to happen but the rest...certainly so! I will likely have the most unproductive week of work I have ever had once the game goes live again.
Suffer from a severe relapse of altaholizm.

HEATSTROKE

• Lovin' bein' an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #8389 on: August 08, 2014, 12:05:26 AM »

depends on whether or not I get my characters back or not..

If my characters are available.. I plan to do quite a few respecs and run a few Itrials to get to the issue 24 builds that I had planned for them.. I would also run quite a few high level TFs for the sheer fun.. ITF, LGTF, Khan...

I will make a few new characters.. On tap is a Fortunata and All Human WS.. I also need to figured out a stalker build.. probably just a Ninja Blade/ Ninjutsu... get them to 50.. then I will have a level 50 of every AT in the game...

I would also remake my Elec/Psi Dominator into a Mind/Elec Dominator..

THEN depending on what new powersets might be released I will make a few new toons.. definitely a DP/MA blaster.. possibly a Wind/Storm Controller or a Wind/Cold Dominator...

if they are not available..

PL like mad until I get right back to where I was before..
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 12:12:44 AM by HEATSTROKE »

ukaserex

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8390 on: August 08, 2014, 12:45:05 AM »

Thanks so much for posting this question! I was seriously thinking about how much notice we'd have about the re-launch. In my job, although I "could" call in sick, I'd much rather take a vacation day and get paid for it. So, a week's notice would be excellent and praiseworthy. It'd be great to have something like that to look forward to. I don't think I'd take a whole week off - but a good day to make sure I can still press numbers and arrows would be good.

Those who have no idea what they are doing genuinely have no idea that they don't know what they're doing. - John Cleese

NegativeIQ

• Minion
« Reply #8391 on: August 08, 2014, 01:00:01 AM »

I'm actually glad you asked because I have a strangely specific plan. I am going to make a natural scrapper who is a staff fighting/(i'm still deciding the secondary. Either willpower, invulnerability, or super reflexes) and get him up because I am curious as to how staff fighting plays. Also I the only 50s I got were pretty much solely through AE and then once I hit max level I really got to know the world of CoH and did many Task forces and badge hunted. And I hope that doesn't make you guys think that I am not a true CoH player but for me it was just too convenient and extremely fun as was actually seeing the world of CoH. So another thing that I plan to do is get that scrapper up via actual in-world missions and task forces etc. in stead of just staying in one place and leveling.

blacksly

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8392 on: August 08, 2014, 01:10:33 AM »
I'm actually glad you asked because I have a strangely specific plan. I am going to make a natural scrapper who is a staff fighting/(i'm still deciding the secondary. Either willpower, invulnerability, or super reflexes) and get him up because I am curious as to how staff fighting plays. Also I the only 50s I got were pretty much solely through AE and then once I hit max level I really got to know the world of CoH and did many Task forces and badge hunted. And I hope that doesn't make you guys think that I am not a true CoH player but for me it was just too convenient and extremely fun as was actually seeing the world of CoH. So another thing that I plan to do is get that scrapper up via actual in-world missions and task forces etc. in stead of just staying in one place and leveling.

You haven't leveled up until you've leveled up normally, got to Level 20, and got the cape mission that ambushes you with a bunch of Tsoo. Especially if you don't know it's coming.

Or did Synapse TF without knowing about Babbage.

InOnePiece

• Minion
« Reply #8393 on: August 08, 2014, 01:11:36 AM »
Since we're all passing time between updates, anyway, and now that we're on page 420, here's a question: have you ever teamed up with someone who was obviously high at the time?

NegativeIQ

• Minion
« Reply #8394 on: August 08, 2014, 01:13:24 AM »
You haven't leveled up until you've leveled up normally, got to Level 20, and got the cape mission that ambushes you with a bunch of Tsoo. Especially if you don't know it's coming.

Yeah that's what I feel like and idk if I should have said that on here haha but I truly did love the game and it was the only that I was ever really passionate about.

Golden Girl

• One Liners and Winky Faces
  • Elite Boss
    • Heroes and Villains
« Reply #8395 on: August 08, 2014, 01:14:58 AM »
Since we're all passing time between updates, anyway, and now that we're on page 420, here's a question: have you ever teamed up with someone who was obviously high at the time?

I sometimes teamed with people who didn't play MA/Regen Scrappers.
There were also one or two who said CO wasn't too bad.
"Heroes and Villains" website - http://www.heroes-and-villains.com
"Heroes and Villains" on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/HeroesAndVillainsMMORPG
"Heroes and Villains" on Twitter - https://twitter.com/Plan_Z_Studios
"Heroes and Villains" teaser trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnjKqNPfFv8
Artwork - http://goldengirlcoh.deviantart.com

NegativeIQ

• Minion
« Reply #8396 on: August 08, 2014, 01:15:23 AM »

I did the capes and auras missions as well but like the actual CoH World wasn't how I progressed through the game it was how I spent my end game time.

primeknight

• Boss
« Reply #8397 on: August 08, 2014, 01:45:24 AM »

That's an interesting perspective.  I leveled up back in I3/4/5 well before AE.  But there's so much to experience in game and there's so many ways to do things that I'm cool with anyone doing anything to level up.  Sure they might not have the experience, or whatever, but sometimes the fun is teaching a player new tricks too. 

Also, back in the day when I played through SquareSoft games like Final Fantasy 3 (6-Jap), FF7, FF8, FFT and the Chrono series, I often times found a nice spot to take a break from the story and level up my characters.  In Final Fantasy 3(6) I found out about the Brachiosaurus in an old Nintendo Power guild and I leveled up all my 14 characters to level 99 while mastering all magics while acquiring every Economizer I'd ever need.  Then of course I soundly trounced Kefka.  But that was back in the day before responsibility or college.

So I'm sure if I had nothing better to do I'd probably level to 50 as fast as I could while getting important contacts like the one in Croatoa for the Katie TF.  Actually taking the time to type this post was more free time than I should have given myself. 

But, back to the topic:  I'll do incarnate content and Ritki Mothership raids with my 50's if possible, and if not I'll reserve a few names of my 50's and favorite characters. 

houtex

• Elite Boss
  • I was the turkey all along! MEE!
« Reply #8398 on: August 08, 2014, 02:07:06 AM »
Just noticed, like... this page, man... It's number... um... 420... woooowww.....

Fanta

• New Efforts # 2,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #8399 on: August 08, 2014, 02:23:11 AM »

I had been putting off my vacation time until there was some news, but last week I happened to come across an opening that interested me. Got the job of course, and start on Monday. So, I'm using my vacation time now. Guess I'll have to impress them so I can at least take opening day off for names, unless it's not necessary :D

Yay for more money!

I am an ass, but don't we all love a good ass!