Author Topic: New efforts!  (Read 7293660 times)

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
Re: New efforts!
« Reply #27480 on: May 04, 2017, 09:30:12 PM »
Did you check your spam folder?
Checked it every day for 2 months, then tried again, same thing. After going through that three times, I think they were sending me a message of do not play.
One day the Phoenix will rise again.

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #27481 on: May 04, 2017, 09:42:00 PM »
Shiitake actually

Hopefully less appropriately named.

kaaduu1280

• Minion
« Reply #27482 on: May 07, 2017, 12:11:13 AM »
In all seriousness, I felt my overall morale in life sink sharply and never recover with the loss of CoH and nothing to fill that gap properly.  I've felt more depressed with life as a whole and given everything going on in the world, honestly I'm truthfully miserable enough that the anarchistic joker side of me is certainly rearing it's head more.  Heck even my job has been frustrable lately showing some of the dumbest kinds of policies I've seen.

It's like the moment CoH shut down I've had nothing but frustrating things to look at in life.  Even a lot of my games lately had come up short at times.  I mean it's easy to run out of things to do in games like fallout or skyrim, even starbound I run out of ideas to build things.  I try logging into CO and find myself still falling sleep playing it and feeling bored at the games current balance issues favoring SHFG's.  Kind of atm in a state of "need new game" boredom atm, but the games I look forward to(the successors) are to far away atm.

Right alongside ya here...been playing FFXIV and it's...helped but there's no replacement. Never will be.
"Do not attribute to Malice what can instead be attributed to Stupidity." -NakaTeleeli

Mistress Urd

• Elite Boss
« Reply #27483 on: May 07, 2017, 07:54:59 AM »
I played Eve Online some post closure maybe 2 years worth then about a year of Destiny, that's about it for me.

Brigadine

• Elite Boss
« Reply #27484 on: May 07, 2017, 10:54:40 PM »
I played Eve Online some post closure maybe 2 years worth then about a year of Destiny, that's about it for me.
I started playing eve in 2013 and am still playing it. Why'd you quit?

thunderforce

• Elite Boss
« Reply #27485 on: May 07, 2017, 11:20:10 PM »

I play EVE, but there's no denying it's not everyone's cup of tea. It's quite intentionally aimed at a niche market.

Brigadine

• Elite Boss
« Reply #27486 on: May 08, 2017, 12:18:52 AM »
I play EVE, but there's no denying it's not everyone's cup of tea. It's quite intentionally aimed at a niche market.
For sure. What alliance are you in?

thunderforce

• Elite Boss
« Reply #27487 on: May 08, 2017, 03:04:03 AM »
For sure. What alliance are you in?

I'm not; I'm a wormhole spelunker mainly, although an alt does sometimes fly with those lovable CODE scamps.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #27488 on: May 08, 2017, 03:37:33 AM »
Thunderforce: Wormhole Spelunker! sounds like it should have been an xtreme 90's comic.

MegaWatt

• Boss
  • No i didnt call security bots......uh oh!
« Reply #27489 on: May 08, 2017, 05:02:10 AM »
Wormhole Exploration Team: Thunderforce........its a stargate thing with super heroes obviously!
If we set it on fire it'll burn....but that'd leave evidence...I KNOW ! COMPLETE ATOMIZATION! WOOOO!

Tyger42

• Boss
« Reply #27490 on: May 08, 2017, 12:44:06 PM »
So remembering why I didn't give FF XIV a go. Go in to set up an account for the trial. Already have one registered to my email. Really? Okay....password reset to something I can remember just to be sure. Can't log in with email, have to use an account name. Okay, try my usuals. Nothing with the new password. Crap. User ID recovery option? Nope. Gotta file a support ticket. Full day later, no response.... Is this worth the fuss? What online service doesn't have an automated user ID recovery tool? How is it sensible to be able to reset my password more easily than it is to get the thing to tell me what my User ID is?

Tubbius

• Fun Title
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #27491 on: May 09, 2017, 12:02:28 AM »
So remembering why I didn't give FF XIV a go. Go in to set up an account for the trial. Already have one registered to my email. Really? Okay....password reset to something I can remember just to be sure. Can't log in with email, have to use an account name. Okay, try my usuals. Nothing with the new password. Crap. User ID recovery option? Nope. Gotta file a support ticket. Full day later, no response.... Is this worth the fuss? What online service doesn't have an automated user ID recovery tool? How is it sensible to be able to reset my password more easily than it is to get the thing to tell me what my User ID is?

This reminds me of when I reinstalled Guild Wars.  I was using a defunct email as my user ID.  They wouldn't let me change it, so that was no big thing, but there I was, stuck with an old email that no longer worked if anything went wrong.

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #27492 on: May 09, 2017, 01:34:26 AM »
Sadly, that is the same issue I had when I tried to play. It is like they really do not want people to come back and play.
One day the Phoenix will rise again.

Mistress Urd

• Elite Boss
« Reply #27493 on: May 09, 2017, 01:47:37 AM »

Number of factors, but mostly I found Destiny far more fun to play. Now I don't have time to play at all. So banking "time" for Destiny 2.

Brigadine

• Elite Boss
« Reply #27494 on: May 09, 2017, 06:33:19 AM »
I'm not; I'm a wormhole spelunker mainly, although an alt does sometimes fly with those lovable CODE scamps.
Ew CODE. I am in VOLT

Keldian

• Minion
« Reply #27495 on: May 09, 2017, 12:45:26 PM »
I sometimes play Trove when I want to get that feel of having travel powers.

thunderforce

• Elite Boss
« Reply #27496 on: May 09, 2017, 04:52:28 PM »
Ew CODE.

They're a friendly bunch once you get to know them (unlike the anti-gankers, who are frankly toxic), and you get a surprising amount of action on a busy night even given you can only shoot something every 15 minutes. Plus, it gives you an amazing killboard [1] and opens the door to some other amusing shenanigans.

[1] because of the way killboards "tend to green" - if many people shoot one ship, they're all credited with the full value of the kill, but only their own individual losses. Freighter ganking paints an entirely unrealistic picture as a result, which is amusing given how seriously some other people take their killboards.

Brigadine

• Elite Boss
« Reply #27497 on: May 09, 2017, 07:09:18 PM »
They're a friendly bunch once you get to know them (unlike the anti-gankers, who are frankly toxic), and you get a surprising amount of action on a busy night even given you can only shoot something every 15 minutes. Plus, it gives you an amazing killboard [1] and opens the door to some other amusing shenanigans.

[1] because of the way killboards "tend to green" - if many people shoot one ship, they're all credited with the full value of the kill, but only their own individual losses. Freighter ganking paints an entirely unrealistic picture as a result, which is amusing given how seriously some other people take their killboards.
I am sure they are nice to their own people. I will always have a problem with calling blobbing PvEers in pvp ships pvp. Its PvDP(player vs defenseless player). Eve is in trouble and its because the gankers and people that do nothing but target pvers ran too many people off the game.

thunderforce

• Elite Boss
« Reply #27498 on: May 09, 2017, 09:13:01 PM »
I am sure they are nice to their own people. I will always have a problem with calling blobbing PvEers in pvp ships pvp. Its PvDP(player vs defenseless player). Eve is in trouble and its because the gankers and people that do nothing but target pvers ran too many people off the game.
CCP's own results suggest ganking improves player retention (and I think EVE would be in far more trouble if the "just one more nerf to ganking" crowd succeeded in reducing highsec to a completely safe area; EVE's appeal is in being different to every other MMO out there), and there's no fair fights in EVE. Attacking defenseless ships is sound tactics - and since it's player versus player, it's evidently PVP.

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
« Reply #27499 on: May 09, 2017, 09:15:12 PM »
CCP's own results suggest ganking improves player retention (and I think EVE would be in far more trouble if the "just one more nerf to ganking" crowd succeeded in reducing highsec to a completely safe area; EVE's appeal is in being different to every other MMO out there), and there's no fair fights in EVE. Attacking defenseless ships is sound tactics - and since it's player versus player, it's evidently PVP.

And that's why I stopped playing EVE, before I'd even barely gotten through the tutorial.  Never before have I seen so many ridiculous jerks hanging around in newbie areas and provoking them into doing something stupid, then blowing them into dust.  This is not how you encourage new people to hang around.