Author Topic: New efforts!  (Read 7294861 times)

Power Gamer

• Elite Boss
  • Reaching troubled youth...one Hellion at a time!
Re: New efforts!
« Reply #27460 on: May 01, 2017, 11:13:57 PM »
One failed enchant too many on BDO, quitting that pile of garbage.

I take it no good news? :\

Well, there is Paragon Chat, which is good news.

Also, I got rid of the fungus under my big toe nail, I'm pretty excited about that.
It takes a village to raise a child. And it takes a villain to explain the value of lunch money.

-Random CoHer: "Why does the sky turn green during Rikti invasions?"
-Me:"Rikti Monkey farts"
-Random CoHer: "I'm going to you for all my questions from now on!"

doctorlurkin

• Boss
« Reply #27461 on: May 01, 2017, 11:53:23 PM »
No more fungus among us!
I'm not really a doctor, but I've played one on Television!

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #27462 on: May 02, 2017, 01:02:33 AM »
Also, I got rid of the fungus under my big toe nail, I'm pretty excited about that.

See how you feel when your other toes get mezzed.

Tubbius

• Fun Title
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #27463 on: May 02, 2017, 03:18:47 AM »
Well, there is Paragon Chat, which is good news.

Why do they call it fungus when it's not fun in the slightest?

Mistress Urd

• Elite Boss
« Reply #27464 on: May 02, 2017, 04:16:49 AM »

At least you have a fun title

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #27465 on: May 02, 2017, 05:06:50 AM »

Grape-nuts have no grapes or nuts, fun-gus has no fun or Gus.

On the subject of superhero movies and the superhero movie genre, I recently saw the Fate of the Furious.  I would argue that is a superhero movie.  I would argue that is more of a superhero genre movie than Deadpool is.  That's kind of what I was implying when I said it is possible that the popularity of superhero movies isn't necessarily beneficial to all superhero properties and media.  There is something at the core of F8, Civil War, and maybe the Mission Impossible series that transcends those pigeonholes, and these movies are successful in part because they are capturing that something that isn't synonymous with superheroes literally, but superheroes sometimes capture an essence of.  Whatever  it is, it may be something superhero movies capture, but superhero games might lack.

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #27466 on: May 02, 2017, 09:13:20 PM »

I've had some pretty fun times with Fungus

Power Gamer

• Elite Boss
  • Reaching troubled youth...one Hellion at a time!
« Reply #27467 on: May 02, 2017, 10:33:16 PM »

Portabello
It takes a village to raise a child. And it takes a villain to explain the value of lunch money.

-Random CoHer: "Why does the sky turn green during Rikti invasions?"
-Me:"Rikti Monkey farts"
-Random CoHer: "I'm going to you for all my questions from now on!"

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #27468 on: May 03, 2017, 02:21:22 AM »
Portabello

These are named appropriately, since they are indeed portable.

Today on the internet I learned:

In 2016 George Mason University School of Law received a major donation from the Koch brothers contingent on them renaming the school after the late Supreme Court justice Antonin Scalia.  They agreed.

Give it a second.

Almost there.

That's right, you got it.  They tentatively renamed the school to the Antonin Scalia School of Law.  They changed the name before it was formally announced to the Antonin Scallia Law School after the original name leaked, and concerned alumni pointed out what they had just done, but not before the name leaked onto social media and the internet at large, where it refuses to be extinguished.

Amazingly, the original name was doubly unfortunate in a way that you can rarely accomplish even deliberately.  Some people took to calling the school A.S.S. Law.  The rest started calling the school A.S.S.o.L.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #27469 on: May 03, 2017, 02:43:26 AM »
Maybe one day there'll be a Clarence Thomas school of law that can try to grab the Scalia one inappropriately.

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #27470 on: May 03, 2017, 07:32:45 PM »

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #27471 on: May 03, 2017, 07:55:36 PM »

One time I complained to my father about how "stop having fun!" guys keep ruining games.  He jokingly pointed out how the sentence sounded.....

I admit though there are some tasty mushrooms out there, and not the hallucinatory kind :).
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #27472 on: May 03, 2017, 08:00:37 PM »
If you could find a way to make the hallucinatory kind tasty you could rule the world.

Prism Almidu

• Lieutenant
« Reply #27473 on: May 04, 2017, 01:10:54 AM »
Half-seriously considering spilling blood at a crossroads in pursuit of getting the game back...

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #27474 on: May 04, 2017, 02:41:35 AM »
If you could find a way to make the hallucinatory kind tasty you could rule the world.

Try our new bacon-flavored hallucinatory mushrooms, now with real bacon flavor.

(does not contain bacon or any other meat or meat by-product.  Not responsible for any stupid stuff you might do after eating, also not responsible for any health problems or health related issues that might occur during the use of the product.)

Get yours today!

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #27475 on: May 04, 2017, 03:58:38 AM »

No person should have that kind of power

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
« Reply #27476 on: May 04, 2017, 06:47:23 AM »
In all seriousness, I felt my overall morale in life sink sharply and never recover with the loss of CoH and nothing to fill that gap properly.  I've felt more depressed with life as a whole and given everything going on in the world, honestly I'm truthfully miserable enough that the anarchistic joker side of me is certainly rearing it's head more.  Heck even my job has been frustrable lately showing some of the dumbest kinds of policies I've seen.

It's like the moment CoH shut down I've had nothing but frustrating things to look at in life.  Even a lot of my games lately had come up short at times.  I mean it's easy to run out of things to do in games like fallout or skyrim, even starbound I run out of ideas to build things.  I try logging into CO and find myself still falling sleep playing it and feeling bored at the games current balance issues favoring SHFG's.  Kind of atm in a state of "need new game" boredom atm, but the games I look forward to(the successors) are to far away atm.

Dude, I feel ya.  I've felt much of the same since CoH died and I really don't like it.  I've tried lots of different MMO's since then but, until recently, nothing has sated my "need", as it were.

So what changed?  On a friends encouragement, I picked up a game I've tried a couple of times in the last 2 years, previously without really enjoying it, but decided to give it another go.  What I found has... well, it's cheered me up no end!  Before I was just going through the motions, but this time I actually paid attention to the story and found myself loving it!  It's engaging, fantastically written; has dropped my jaw in several places, left me feeling stunned in others, and a couple of times, has kicked me so hard in the feels that it even brought a tear to me eye! I levelled my way up to the cap, I've started working on various jobs, I've even being doing a lot of raiding and PvP (and anyone who knows me, knows I HATE PvP, with a passion!)

And what is this game, you ask?  Final Fantasy XIV.  Go play it.  The trial is now unlimited and you can get to level 35 in all the classes so you can get a good way into the story AND do some raiding too!

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #27477 on: May 04, 2017, 08:30:27 AM »
Dude, I feel ya.  I've felt much of the same since CoH died and I really don't like it.  I've tried lots of different MMO's since then but, until recently, nothing has sated my "need", as it were.

So what changed?  On a friends encouragement, I picked up a game I've tried a couple of times in the last 2 years, previously without really enjoying it, but decided to give it another go.  What I found has... well, it's cheered me up no end!  Before I was just going through the motions, but this time I actually paid attention to the story and found myself loving it!  It's engaging, fantastically written; has dropped my jaw in several places, left me feeling stunned in others, and a couple of times, has kicked me so hard in the feels that it even brought a tear to me eye! I levelled my way up to the cap, I've started working on various jobs, I've even being doing a lot of raiding and PvP (and anyone who knows me, knows I HATE PvP, with a passion!)

And what is this game, you ask?  Final Fantasy XIV.  Go play it.  The trial is now unlimited and you can get to level 35 in all the classes so you can get a good way into the story AND do some raiding too!
I was willing to play FFXVI, but I forgot my password, and they never got back to me via email. SO I think they never wanted me back, so I wont be back.
One day the Phoenix will rise again.

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
« Reply #27478 on: May 04, 2017, 04:56:36 PM »
I was willing to play FFXVI, but I forgot my password, and they never got back to me via email. SO I think they never wanted me back, so I wont be back.

Did you check your spam folder?

Thunder Glove

• Elite Boss
« Reply #27479 on: May 04, 2017, 06:17:47 PM »
I liked FF14, but I wasn't sure how to resubscribe after my first month (which I paid for through the PS Network store).  They wanted me to create an entirely new account and subscribe that instead.