Author Topic: Neverwinter  (Read 11864 times)

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
Neverwinter
« on: February 12, 2014, 02:22:07 AM »

So, my Drow Hunter/Ranger is Level 49 now, and so far I have been enjoying the game a lot. The graphics are pretty good, leveling isn't a chore, and so far there has been plenty of content.

I haven't dabbled in the Foundry yet.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
Re: Neverwinter
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2014, 12:36:41 PM »
I was hitting the Gateway once a day pretty regularly to craft things.  My Wizard went from level 10 to level 27 without ever logging in.

Then came the Sword Coast Adventures update.  Holy cow, was that addictive.  I was dinking with that every day on my lunch break.

Unfortunately, they switched to a third-party content filter at work a couple of weeks ago, so the gateway is blocked now.  :(
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Minotaur

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2014, 05:06:39 PM »
So, my Drow Hunter/Ranger is Level 49 now, and so far I have been enjoying the game a lot. The graphics are pretty good, leveling isn't a chore, and so far there has been plenty of content.

I haven't dabbled in the Foundry yet.

The ranger is very much OP, you'll find it slower or more awkward with other classes except possibly GWF.

Foundry is cool, there are some good stories in there as well as some that are clearly set up for people to do the dailies on.

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2014, 11:31:35 PM »

I got Mitzi the Drow Hunter Ranger up to 50 today. I'm going to try to avoid playing any more today ...  I find that in certain zones I kick mucho behind without a lot of trouble and others I tend to have a long slog of it. I'm in the Chasm Zone now, and the fight with the Fire Starter Wizard proved to be a real pain ... I finally kicked his butt by getting him out of his spawn room and taking advantage of cover when I could ... it also seemed to prevent him from using his most devastating attack.

But Level 50 reminds me of COH (even though Neverwinter tops out at 60) and that feels like a good accomplishment for the day. :D

Minotaur

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2014, 01:20:04 PM »
I did the whole chasm zone solo with both my rangers, the only fights I've had issues with are the rime wolf den in Icespire and Xorlarrin outpost in the final pre 60 zone, both of which I eventually did. The final mission of mount Hotenow is a right slog with many big monsters, I did it solo, but teaming will save a lot of time.

Sophronisba

• Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2014, 01:38:16 PM »
The only class that I find at all difficult to solo is the Devoted Cleric. I haven't even played the ranger yet, but I got a Guardian Fighter to 60 within a few weeks playing very casually, and all the other classes I've tried level very easily. That's before you even consider the leadership tasks and the invocations.

I do hope they'll add more classes soon. I'm hoping for a Druid this year.

Exxar

• Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2014, 02:56:31 PM »
So what's the current state of leveling content? Back when I was playing right around the launch you couldn't level multiple characters without doing all of the same quests with them, so I quit due to the repetitiveness. Did it get anything better?

Minotaur

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2014, 03:47:44 PM »
So what's the current state of leveling content? Back when I was playing right around the launch you couldn't level multiple characters without doing all of the same quests with them, so I quit due to the repetitiveness. Did it get anything better?

If you stick to dev created PvE (as I mainly do) it's the same, there's the foundry, PvP etc as well.

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2014, 02:55:26 AM »
I'm up to Level 53 now and just finished "The Source of Corruption" mission.

(The Chasm baddies in general remind me of the Rularuu and the Corruption map felt like the Eden Trial to me.)

I took the Dungeon Mission for the Chasm, and I'm hoping I'll be able to get on a team to do it at some point. Right now, I just do the Dungeons to see how the story turns out. I'm not terribly worried about the drops.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2014, 03:03:57 AM »
I got my cleric up to 40-something before I got a case of the "oo squirrel! something else is shiny!" I did almost none of the dev quests. Nearly all my leveling was through crafting (I was addicted to the browser gateway) and foundry. There's (or - there WAS - don't know if foundry updates screwed with any of them - haven't played in months) some really awesome stuff in the foundry. Far and away better than a lot of the dev stuff!

The fact I haven't played in months is kind of sad, because I forked over a ton of money during beta on one of the bigger founder packs. At least I'll have awesome stuff when I eventually get back 'round to it (my gaming goes in cycles).
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Minotaur

• Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2014, 03:38:18 PM »
I got my cleric up to 40-something before I got a case of the "oo squirrel! something else is shiny!" I did almost none of the dev quests. Nearly all my leveling was through crafting (I was addicted to the browser gateway) and foundry. There's (or - there WAS - don't know if foundry updates screwed with any of them - haven't played in months) some really awesome stuff in the foundry. Far and away better than a lot of the dev stuff!

The fact I haven't played in months is kind of sad, because I forked over a ton of money during beta on one of the bigger founder packs. At least I'll have awesome stuff when I eventually get back 'round to it (my gaming goes in cycles).

I bought the $60 one which is great value if you're going to play a fair bit. You can level up just doing leadership and invoking. Then doing SCA to get the tomes to fast level your pets. If you like free stuff, just go into SCA on the gateway, and roll the d20 every day even if you do nothing else, it will give you something between 20 silver and some level appropriate potions, enchantments and stuff, or tomes of 1000 companion XP.

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2014, 03:09:03 AM »
I've gotten my Drow Archer up to Level 55 tonight and finished up the Chasm stuff by doing the Spellplague Caverns. I looked out on that as I had been in the que for probably forty minutes and had forgotten about it and was going on to do other things when it popped up right when I was in a mission ... fortunately, the que stayed open for me long enough to defeat the baddie that I was afraid would kill me if I stopped to join the chasm mission.

Tonight I was mostly doing the missions that had to do with Drow Invasion of the Valley Rothe (sp?). I killed the Daughter of Loth (also sp?)  enemy and briefly wondered if that would cause Mitzi trouble in the Drow Relgion Confessional (if they had such things.) :D

I've still not delved into the Foundry and I'm not sure I'll be planning on making another character right away after Mitzi is 60.

It is the one game I've played since COH closed that I feel like would be a blast if I had four other friends who played it on a regular basis as I see the potential for teaming to be more fun there than in either CO or STO.

Exxar

• Lieutenant
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2014, 12:58:51 PM »
I killed the Daughter of Loth (also sp?)  enemy and briefly wondered if that would cause Mitzi trouble in the Drow Relgion Confessional (if they had such things.) :D
Nah, you'd get congratulated. And placed at the head of the queue of things for other drow to kill :P

Minotaur

• Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2014, 05:50:33 PM »

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2014, 07:37:47 PM »

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2014, 03:04:34 AM »
And Mitzi is now Level 60! :D

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2014, 07:28:42 PM »
And even though I should be doing stuff like acquiring new gear for Mitzi and Astral Diamonds I couldn't hold out against giving the Control Wizard set a try. The Cleric Set tempts me too... >.>

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2014, 09:30:04 PM »
I picked Neverwinter up again the last couple days. My Cleric hit 55 yesterday (she was higher level than I remembered leaving her!) and my Drow Rogue hit 20 and then some (hurray mounts!).

I don't like the change to the way runestones are upgraded. So many fiddly parts. Use'ta be you could just have a pile of runestones and combine them to make a bigger runestone, with a chance to fail and lose a bit. Now you refine them and THEN upgrade them, which requires an extra bit that I haven't found where to buy yet. The only good thing is that you can put any type/level runestone into the refining process, which since I really like the empowerment runestones means I have a lot more fodder for upgrades. But I have run out of the little upgrade stones and can't find more, so I can't actually upgrade anything. Argh!

I tried out the dice-rolling adventure thing on the browser, that is awesome. I love that style of board game so I play the hell out of it on breaks at work. lol
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Battlechimp

• Boss
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2014, 11:56:17 PM »
I started up with Never winter as well a few weeks ago.  Played the open beta and some after launch.  Came back when I noticed they added rangers.

Agge, the upgrade rune stone things can be found from pfoffesion nodes, chests, leadership professions or can be bought with astral diamonds from the wondrous bazaar vendor.

And what is the CoH channel there?  I'd probably enjoy the game more if I had someone to talk to
Some men were born to greatness, others had it thrust upon them.  Me?  I punted. - Col Cranston Snord

Blow things up! Blow things up! Blow things up! Blo... wait, not that!! - Jammers everywhen

Minotaur

• Elite Boss
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2014, 12:34:22 AM »
And what is the CoH channel there?  I'd probably enjoy the game more if I had someone to talk to

CoX is the channel.

The refining process sucks now. Have you done the quest to get yourself an artifact which turns up at 20 or 21 ?

Broadly refining now works as follows:

Enchantments and runestones count at x2 value when put towards upgrading artifacts
Yellow enchantments count double upgrading other yellow enchantments, normal on any other enchantment or runestone.

Upgrading runestones gets expensive beyond rank 5, the silver and green marks to do the lower levels crop up from skill nodes and leadership chests. The blue and purple ones turn up occasionally from opening lockboxes or the daily mini-dungeon in the dread ring. I believe they also turn up in the 5 man content. They can be bought for ADs from the wondrous bazaar, or usually slightly cheaper from the AH.