Author Topic: Titan Icon installer for Windows: Tequila!  (Read 335311 times)

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
Re: Titan Icon installer for Windows: Tequila!
« Reply #200 on: April 28, 2019, 06:15:53 PM »
I keep getting a cant connect to the dbserver. Any ideas? Ive not been able to login once.

Sorry, SCORE is outside of Titan Network.
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran

mordes

• Underling
« Reply #201 on: April 29, 2019, 07:58:19 PM »
configuration system failed to initialize window pops up...

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #202 on: April 29, 2019, 11:45:45 PM »
Gonna need a little more detail.  Or a screenshot.

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
  • Outside known realities.
« Reply #203 on: April 30, 2019, 11:07:20 AM »
Some versions of Tequila apparently create a blank key "params" in your system registry under HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Tequila/Settings - and it seems they use that value preferentially over ones in tequila.xml .
If whatever you run though Tequila ;) is not working correctly, Start -> Run -> Regedit -> HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Tequila and remove whatever's inside there.
We were heroes. We were villains. At the end of the world we all fought as one. It's what we did that defines us.
The end occurred pretty much as we predicted: all servers redlining until midnight... and then no servers to go around.

Somewhere beyond time and space, if you look hard you might find a flash of silver trailing crimson: a lone lost Spartan on his way home.

Crimson-Oriole

• Minion
« Reply #204 on: May 01, 2019, 10:56:07 AM »
I haven't tried u/FifthHorseman's method of deleting the key yet, but I wanted to post anyway to see if it is an unrelated error:

Tequila seems to operate fine itself, but PChat will not load, and both Icon and SCORE (beyond your purview, I know), have a flicker on the initial title screens that make them unnavigable.  When I switch to windowed, the game quits responding (both versions).

This flicker occurs regardless of launching via Tequila or through the Icon exe itself.

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #205 on: May 01, 2019, 02:47:24 PM »
I haven't tried u/FifthHorseman's method of deleting the key yet, but I wanted to post anyway to see if it is an unrelated error:

Tequila seems to operate fine itself, but PChat will not load, and both Icon and SCORE (beyond your purview, I know), have a flicker on the initial title screens that make them unnavigable.  When I switch to windowed, the game quits responding (both versions).

This flicker occurs regardless of launching via Tequila or through the Icon exe itself.

Which makes sense as all three: Tequila entries for Score, Icon, and Paragon Chat (as well as the standalone launchers for Icon and Paragon Chat) are all invoking the client launcher.  The method may be different, but all three start the same process graphically.  As a last resort, see if -usetexenvcombine works as a Launch Parameter in the Options box of Tequila before launching Paragon Chat.

As Korbian said in another thread, I wouldn't rule out hardware damage or power issues yet as a root cause.  If you have a second video card (or the means of acquiring another one on the cheap that works well with City of Heroes), now would be a good time to try it.

wulff420

• Underling
« Reply #206 on: May 03, 2019, 03:12:48 AM »
im on  windows 10  the program closes while it says validating
« Last Edit: May 03, 2019, 08:49:58 PM by wulff420 »

Malleus Maleficarum

• Underling
« Reply #207 on: May 09, 2019, 09:07:03 AM »
it's been six long years... let's play

slickriptide

• Elite Boss
« Reply #208 on: May 09, 2019, 05:11:27 PM »
Hey, all.

I'm getting this error when I launch Tequila v1.0.0.20:

Manifest download error for http://patch.savecoh.com/manifest.xml
An exception occurred during a WebClient request.

It doesn't seem to matter what manifest I point it at online, or even saved to the local hard drive.

I've nuked everything in my registry with the word "tequila" in it and, as a result, reinstalled from scratch, with the same results.

Note that this is NOT a SCoRE issue - I can't even get Tequila to load up Paragon Chat or Icon.

Any suggestions?

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #209 on: May 09, 2019, 10:57:16 PM »
I'm getting this error when I launch Tequila v1.0.0.20:
Well, if you click the link to the XML file, it comes right up, so that's not the issue.  (At least, it isn't at the moment.  Maybe it was earlier today?)
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Tahliah

• Lieutenant
« Reply #210 on: May 10, 2019, 02:12:50 AM »
I just played for an hour or so and am in absolute hog heaven.  I missed COH so so much, and everything wonderful just came flooding back.  Thank you!!!

slickriptide

• Elite Boss
« Reply #211 on: May 10, 2019, 02:33:39 PM »
Are there any debug switches in Tequila that I can turn on to get more information about what it thinks is going wrong?

Korbian

« Reply #212 on: May 10, 2019, 04:02:43 PM »
Try going into the folder and deleting tequila.xml, TequilaActivityLog.txt, and tequilalog.xml, then run tequila.exe again.

slickriptide

• Elite Boss
« Reply #213 on: May 10, 2019, 06:17:19 PM »
Try going into the folder and deleting tequila.xml, TequilaActivityLog.txt, and tequilalog.xml, then run tequila.exe again.

Hmm... I initially said to myself, "Self, I've done those things already" but what I'd done was rename Tequilalog.xml in case I wanted it back. Deleting either of the xml files gives an "access denied, some process has this file open" error. That, despite Task Manager assuring me that there aren't any tequila processes currently running.

I'll have to try the four-finger-salute. Thanks for the tip.

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #214 on: May 10, 2019, 09:20:27 PM »
Hmm... I initially said to myself, "Self, I've done those things already" but what I'd done was rename Tequilalog.xml in case I wanted it back. Deleting either of the xml files gives an "access denied, some process has this file open" error. That, despite Task Manager assuring me that there aren't any tequila processes currently running.

I'll have to try the four-finger-salute. Thanks for the tip.

There's been the rare occasion where I've had that message pop up despite not having any program open... as I recall, the computer somehow thought the file manager system (i.e. folder viewing in windows Explorer) was "using" the file, and a restart fixed the issue.

...what does 4-finger-salute mean in this context?
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

slickriptide

• Elite Boss
« Reply #215 on: May 10, 2019, 09:22:05 PM »
Eh, I should have said "Three Finger Salute." Ctl-Alt-Del. Reboot. I was being glib and didn't think about it hard enough to realize I'd added a finger, heh.

And that DID fix the problem.

Sprite Elemental

• Underling
« Reply #216 on: May 22, 2019, 12:03:42 PM »
Hi all.
I've been trying to sort this out for a couple of hours, but tequila won't launch today.
I've been using it without problems up until today.
The window opens but it says "tequila 1.0.0.20 (not responding)" at the top of the window.
I downloaded it again but it does the same thing.
Any one having the same problem?
Any ideas how to fix it?

Vidda45

• Underling
« Reply #217 on: June 08, 2019, 06:05:47 PM »
Salut (hello) i'm a french player and i have a question simple...is it possble to launch COH in a french language? or possible to manipulation in the launcher?
Sorry for my bad english....realy!  and i witch some reponse at my question....tanks all and good game ;)

my global: @Desert Eagle  :)

See you later in the insoumise ;)

Arkasas

• Lieutenant
  • Ord of the West
« Reply #218 on: June 08, 2019, 06:59:11 PM »
Salut (hello) i'm a french player and i have a question simple...is it possble to launch COH in a french language? or possible to manipulation in the launcher?
Sorry for my bad english....realy!  and i witch some reponse at my question....tanks all and good game ;)

my global: @Desert Eagle  :)

See you later in the insoumise ;)

Like many things in CoH, localization was part of the mapserver, so barring a major rewrite, it's not possible on any currently existing server. I understand that there is a group called Vigilance who are planning to relocalize the game in French, though.

Vidda45

• Underling
« Reply #219 on: June 10, 2019, 07:25:21 AM »