Author Topic: Titan Icon installer for Windows: Tequila!  (Read 336452 times)

Fringe Element

• Underling
Re: Titan Icon installer for Windows: Tequila!
« Reply #220 on: June 13, 2019, 02:58:54 PM »
So I was trying to run Titan Icon, but all I'm getting is a "Failed to launch process" error

any ideas on what I should try?

FourSpeed

• Lieutenant
« Reply #221 on: August 30, 2019, 01:39:23 AM »
Ok Guys,

A couple (stupid?) questions here -- hopefully, someone can shed a little insight (I'm fresh out of yellow chiclets ;D) at the moment.

First:  On my Win 10 box, Tequila runs like a champ, and I've been playing *very* happily (and nearly non-stop) since last Friday evening.
On the Tequila screen I understand the various choices (HC, HC-64, Beta-HC, Pchat etc.), but I don't know what the Safe Modes are, and how they differ from the regular modes. Any help on that?

Second: On my other PC's (Win XP boxes -- yes, I *know* -- upgrade them out of the stone age, yada, yada...  ;)  Eventually, they'll get replaced - just not yet), Tequila runs just fine, all the files are downloaded / verified successfully.  When I try to run HC, it pukes -- msg:  "We were unable to locate the game data files. it is likely that your installation is corrupt and needs to be repaired".

That happens on both XP boxes, and yet, the game runs perfectly fine when I choose HC - Safe Mode, again on both boxes.  I've tried deleting the whole shebang and re-installing again, but the results are the same.

SO -- I'm trying to figure out what the underlying problem is, and / or, how I can "repair my installation", or whether running  HC - Safe Mode is an acceptable approach for those machines.

Once again, any insight you guys have on this would be much appreciated.  In the meanwhile, I think there are some Skuls that need a head-bashing, so I'm off to Paragon City!

Cheers,

WanderingAries

• Elite Boss
  • @WanderingAries /\ Mostly on Torch
« Reply #222 on: August 30, 2019, 08:40:06 PM »
@FourSpeed

These questions would best be answered on the HC forums (haven't checked there yet today) as the Titan site is for Titan creations (Icon, etc). Simple answers? Safe modes are for those who can't seem to run the other versions without issues, troubleshooting, etc. As for XP, even if you've got XP 64bit, I'm not sure if you'll be able to run the HC-64 app. I don't think Icon has changed, but you'll find that the costume pieces have diverged enough that even a saved file will now load with errors in HC (due to new content and backend stuff).
Find me on Homecoming:
https://www.homecomingservers.com

wscott

• Underling
« Reply #223 on: October 13, 2023, 03:11:15 PM »
Hi! It's 2023. Does this program still exist? The download link doesn't work and the github page is a 404.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #224 on: October 20, 2023, 04:28:21 AM »
To the best of my knowledge, Homecoming created their own launcher a couple of years ago.  I honestly don't know if anyone else is still using or maintaining Tequila.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

WanderingAries

• Elite Boss
  • @WanderingAries /\ Mostly on Torch
« Reply #225 on: October 20, 2023, 11:00:31 PM »
To the best of my knowledge, Homecoming created their own launcher a couple of years ago.  I honestly don't know if anyone else is still using or maintaining Tequila.

Last I heard Tequila was essentially unsupported by just about everyone and someone avoided for security for that reason.
Find me on Homecoming:
https://www.homecomingservers.com