Author Topic: Ben Affleck might Not Be So Bad  (Read 9777 times)

Magus Prime

• Boss
Re: Ben Affleck might Not Be So Bad
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2013, 01:41:37 AM »
Yeah, I dunno.  I was right there with everyone at first but it's had time to marinate and I generally try to keep an open mind.  After seeing some mock-ups of Affleck in the mask, he really does have the look for it.  Especially the chin.  The lower lip and the stubble.  You might not be able to sculpt a better looking Batman.  He's definitely guilty of committing some big screen atrocities but he's paid his dues and deserves a second chance.  It certainly helped his case that I wasn't all that partial to Bale.  Closer to the Batman from the Arkham games, imo.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 01:50:48 AM by Magus Prime »

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2013, 06:51:06 AM »
That last sentence would be more believable if it didn't have Affquack in it. ;D

"BEN AFFLECK IS BATMAN" sounds more like a Saturday Night Live skit or something.

Just wait for the season premier of Saturday Night Live.  It's too good for the writer's room to pass up.
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2013, 08:27:17 AM »
I don't think that Ben Affleck ruined the new idea completely.  I mean give the guy a break.  Don't judge him until the movie is actually out.  Daredevil wasn't good but he has become a better actor as time has gone on.  But you can't say the movie is bad because Affleck is in it when the movie it self isn't even out yet.  How about we give the movie a chance instead of judging it because you don't like a single actor on a project that is being ran by hundreds of people.  I am sure you all would like to be given a chance instead of just having people assume that you are going to do the worst job you can.  And there is no way Justin Bieber is going to be the new Robin.  It's clearly a rumor that is created to pull on the strings of people who are already throwing a fit over Ben Affleck being in the movie

Captain Electric

• Elite Boss
  • Crime doesn't pay, evildoers!
    • CoH Faces Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2013, 08:44:54 AM »
Matt Damon is a shoe in as Robin, after all! ;D

Night-Hawk07

• Elite Boss
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2013, 07:38:02 PM »
Based on those pics above, Affleck might pull off the look. My biggest concern was can he pull off Batman the person? I think he'd make a great Bruce Wayne, but it's very hard for me to picture him all grim-and-gritty like Batman (modern Batman anyway; I could see him playing the cheesy, campy Batman of the 60s).

And Cap, it's funny you say that about Damon. I did read an article about a month ago saying that there were rumors out there that he's being looked at for either Martian Manhunter or The Flash (I think, might have been one of the Green Lanterns).

Somewhere, can't remember if it was here or elsewhere, someone was talking about the need to fast track the introduction of the various members of the Justice League for a new JL movie. IMO, they really oughta look toward Arrow for that. This season they've already said they're introducing The Flash (who's then supposed to go on to have his own movie or TV show, can't remember), Black Canary, Red Arrow, among others. Marvel's tying their movie universe to a TV show on ABC, why not do the same for Arrow and DC's movie universe.

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2013, 10:49:56 PM »

Somewhere, can't remember if it was here or elsewhere, someone was talking about the need to fast track the introduction of the various members of the Justice League for a new JL movie. IMO, they really oughta look toward Arrow for that.
And that is what DC just doesn't get. they want the cache and the mad money that comes with the Avengers Initiative... but they don't want to put in the decade plus of development, careful planning, and VERY careful writing that Marvel put into that. hence, Man of Steel was full of reused ideas like spider robots and black latex superman, Superman versus Batman has been promised to be basically a clone of either The Dark Knight Returns or another morrison dark knight book, and how many restarts have they had on the ACTUAL justice league script?

It's not just fan kvetching, it's a simple numbers comparison. Warner Brothers and DC Entertainment don't want to put in the work to get the same rewards Marvel is reaping. (and in truth, after the way Iron Man 3 wallowed because of Disney's meddling, Marvel may not be making that bank back either depending on what the mouse has done to thor2 and cap2 in the same chase for bank)
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2013, 10:58:18 PM »
, and how many restarts have they had on the ACTUAL justice league script?

They are trying to figure out how to make Aquaman dark like the rest without looking too emo.

Night-Hawk07

• Elite Boss
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2013, 12:48:35 AM »
They are trying to figure out how to make Aquaman dark like the rest without looking too emo.

Someone should point them here. Leave it to Bruce Timm and the DCAU to make Aquaman a bad@$$ for once.  ;D

Flow-Vector

• Minion
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2013, 02:12:57 AM »
Someone should point them here. Leave it to Bruce Timm and the DCAU to make Aquaman a bad@$$ for once.  ;D

Our names are quite similar :) When nighthawx is taken i go with nighthawx7
"It is said that irony is the true guiding hand of fate, and what we call destiny is the cruel humor playing out its joke on the world."

I just love this quote from Sirocco.

Profile picture is Flow- my Kin/Regen scrapper from freedom and beta

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2013, 09:42:30 AM »
and without going all dark and bleak. Just plain old fashioned badass.

Night-Hawk07

• Elite Boss
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2013, 06:21:27 PM »
Our names are quite similar :) When nighthawx is taken i go with nighthawx7

There seem to be a lot of us around. There's a guy on here named Knighthawk Prime, who actually contacted me in-game right before shutdown, cause of the similarity in our names (that was his @ handle I think, my toon was "Knight'Hawk" cause "Night-Hawk" was already taken when I moved from Protector to Freedom). The "07" part is related to the year I joined CoH (2007).

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2013, 12:01:12 PM »
I actually liked Daredevil.  Not the theatrical but the directors cut.

In one thing though I seem to be the exact opposite of everybody else.  I think he will make a believable Batman but not a Bruce Wayne.  Put anybody who is fit into a Batman costume and have them scowl and talk raspy and they become Batman.  It's a simple shallow role because the whole concept is somebody deliberately "acting" intimidating.  But Ben is one of those actors who plays himself in every movie.  He comes across as an average every day kind of guy.  I don't think Bruce should just be some guy off of the street who happens to have billions of dollars.

Battlechimp

• Boss
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2013, 10:27:35 PM »

Of course Bruce Timm took that Aquaman from Peter David's run on the comic :-) Timm did not come with that image or attitude for the character
Some men were born to greatness, others had it thrust upon them.  Me?  I punted. - Col Cranston Snord

Blow things up! Blow things up! Blow things up! Blo... wait, not that!! - Jammers everywhen

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2013, 09:43:03 AM »
I think he will make a believable Batman but not a Bruce Wayne

I very much so agree with this.

Nos482

• Elite Boss
  • We've gone and done the greatest crime...
    • My PSN profile
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2013, 05:09:43 PM »
I'm bad and that's good.
I'll never be good and that's not bad.
There's no one I'd rather be than me.

...unless I could be Batman, of course. Everybody wants to be Batman.