Author Topic: On the actual anniversary...  (Read 11578 times)

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
Re: On the actual anniversary...
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2013, 06:17:23 AM »
Take a look at:
http://forum2.aimoo.com/ffxi/Other-Games/CoH-The-5th-Anniversary-T-Shirt-Contest-Winners-Announced-1-529588.html

Not sure where they got the images. I'll keep looking. :)

[update]
Ouch. No joy on other, more official links. I hate to swipe somebody's bandwidth to link them here. Is there a good spot for these on Paragonwiki?
Ooh. It's Psyche, not Numi. (My tshirt was in the laundry so I couldn't remember and the pic I found was terrible, obviously.) That makes it even better, because fuck you SSA1!
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2013, 11:24:41 AM »
For those who haven't heard it...
The Ballad of Tony V
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2013, 12:05:24 PM »
HA!  I'd forgotten about that.   ;D
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Ellscry

• Minion
« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2013, 01:44:16 PM »

:o Where can I download this magnificent piece of work? (And no, I had not heard it until now).

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2013, 02:32:48 PM »
The Ballad of Tony V

That was singularly the most awesome thing anyone has ever done for me.  It was written and performed by Joel "Mr. Wentworth" Garcia, and he did it right in the middle of a whole ton of frenetic activity going on.  I've gotta say, it helped get through some hard days, a LOT.  If you want to download it, just right-click on it and pick "Save link as..."

Ellscry

• Minion
« Reply #45 on: September 06, 2013, 04:01:32 PM »
Thanks Tony. You're my hero.  :D

Mr. Wentworth

• Lieutenant
  • "I aim to misbehave..."
    • Real World Hero
« Reply #46 on: September 06, 2013, 05:03:52 PM »
That was singularly the most awesome thing anyone has ever done for me.  It was written and performed by Joel "Mr. Wentworth" Garcia, and he did it right in the middle of a whole ton of frenetic activity going on.  I've gotta say, it helped get through some hard days, a LOT.  If you want to download it, just right-click on it and pick "Save link as..."

Thanks, Tony. I wish I had made a better recording for you.

I've been in a bit of a funk the past couple of weeks and am starting to think that this anniversary might have been playing some unconscious part. Around this time every year, for the past several years, Mrs. W and I would begin contacting charities and making arrangements for the coming Real World Hero drive. Much of my creative energy would be focused on that for the last quarter of the year, so I've got this itch and am trying to work it out but I can't do it the way I would prefer. I'm an idea guy, so I know I can be creative and come up with a solution for myself, but at the moment it just doesn't feel like it will be satisfying. My favorite flavor of ice cream is chocolate and there isn't any more chocolate ice cream in the world. There's plenty of other flavors and I can enjoy them, too, but it's still not chocolate.

I've been absent from forum activity for awhile, waiting not wandering, but I'm glad I popped in again. Thanks for the optimism!

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #47 on: September 06, 2013, 05:59:58 PM »
... I wish I had made a better recording ...

Hey man, no. I just listened to that and (for what my opinion's worth at least) it's perfect just as it is. Great job on it!

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #48 on: September 06, 2013, 06:21:05 PM »
Reminds me of another MP3 I have of Townes van Zandt singing in a bar.  I wouldn't change a thing about it.  :)
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Ellscry

• Minion
« Reply #49 on: September 06, 2013, 07:45:49 PM »
Thanks, Tony. I wish I had made a better recording for you.

Personally that recording sounds utterly fantastic to me. It may just be because it reminds me fiercely of "The hero of Canton" but with a subject matter that is far more dear to me, but I thought it was of professional quality. You are truly talented, it was a wonderful piece of work. Thank you for it. (I now have it on my iPod)

I've been in a bit of a funk the past couple of weeks and am starting to think that this anniversary might have been playing some unconscious part. Around this time every year, for the past several years, Mrs. W and I would begin contacting charities and making arrangements for the coming Real World Hero drive. Much of my creative energy would be focused on that for the last quarter of the year, so I've got this itch and am trying to work it out but I can't do it the way I would prefer.

You have always been the best of people for your work on this. I truly appreciate every year you ran the drive, it helped me feel like a hero. If there is anything at all I can do to reciprocate, just say the word. I feel like I owe you (And Tony, and Codewalker, and so many others) so much. You guys made City of Heroes what it was to me.

Thank you.

Kyriani

• Elite Boss
« Reply #50 on: September 06, 2013, 07:48:51 PM »
I'll blast that song for my whole neighborhood to hear once we get the client running again!