Author Topic: On the actual anniversary...  (Read 11584 times)

Metal Mountain

• Minion
Re: On the actual anniversary...
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2013, 07:57:47 PM »
Just seeing a post like this every so often makes me feel better Tony. Thank you. I'll keep holding my candle then. I'll keep the light on so when coh comes home I'll be there to greet it!
Seconded
If a jerk hacker is found, we reverse hack-jerk. -Pohsyb

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2013, 08:14:20 PM »
I lol'ed.

I like how, in hindsight, it took me all of five minutes to go from, "$@#!, they're shutting down the game!" to thinking about options to keep it running.

Anyway, we definitely still have things in the pipeline.  I know this line gets old, but I still can't talk about them for two main reasons: 1) We don't want NCsoft to get wind of what we're working on.  Not that I think it's illegal or that we'll get in trouble for it, but most of the people working on the stuff are just more comfortable that way.  And 2) experience has taught me that as soon as I say, "We're working on X," that sets expectations and then I and other team members get constantly pinged with "When are you going to be done with X?" messages.  To some extent I don't mind that, but it can get pretty distracting, especially when it's stretched out over the kind of time frame we're looking at.

But mark my words: City of Heroes is not dead.  I am 100% convinced that there will come a day when the game's veterans will be rehashing that awful time when they couldn't play.  I dream of the day that we have another Player Summit, and you all carry me around on your shoulders.  Okay, that last part, that will probably stay a fantasy, and the part where everyone is chanting, "Tony! Tony! Tony!" is probably because everyone planned on going to a reunion concert by these guys and didn't invite me, but maybe at least a hearty congratulations wouldn't be an unreasonable expectation...

So you are working on a... "thing" that is like the game but it aint although it may or may not look like the original but it aint the original but may or ,ay ot have the exact same name and workings?"

Ohioknight

• Celebrating Columbus Day
  • Elite Boss
  • 65 years old
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2013, 11:04:31 PM »
I dream of the day that we have another Player Summit, and you all carry me around on your shoulders.  Okay, that last part, that will probably stay a fantasy, and the part where everyone is chanting, "Tony! Tony! Tony!" is probably because everyone planned on going to a reunion concert by these guys and didn't invite me, but maybe at least a hearty congratulations wouldn't be an unreasonable expectation...

Tony I'll give you a hearty "CONGRATULATIONS" in advance and by golly if you and I are ever in a situation where I have the opportunity to carry you around on my shoulders with other players, my shoulders are THERE! And "Tony! Tony! Tony!" WILL be chanted.

and all I have to add to that is: WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO GET DONE WITH X!!!!!
"Wow, a fat, sarcastic, Star Trek fan, you must be a devil with the ladies"

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2013, 01:40:58 AM »

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2013, 02:33:13 AM »
*A crowd of gamers lifts Tony up onto their shoulders and the team leader pulls out a bullhorn*

Tony! Tony! He's our man!

If he can't do it  -- hey look, there's cake!

*WHOMP*

detour

• Underling
  • Baja Mercury: Accelerator
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2013, 02:43:26 AM »
 :o  ready for whatever Tony's got lined up.   And running into A Wild Triplash at Woolworth's.
Baja Mercury:  Accelerator.

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2013, 02:47:15 AM »
*BAMF!*

A Wild Triplash Appears!

*noogie noogie noogie*

*BAMF!*

Menrva Channel

• Boss
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2013, 03:50:56 AM »

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2013, 05:02:42 AM »
Such a tease, Tony! But whatever /it/ is, i'm sure it will be wonderful and worth all the suspense. The best surprises are. :) (Seriously, how do you do it? Whenever I have a secret I want to share I almost always give in because it's just too good!)
Indeed.

Well...usually. Sometimes the wait end up being underwhelming due to overhype or over suspense. I.E some movies.

Ellscry

• Minion
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2013, 02:10:54 PM »
I dream of the day that we have another Player Summit, and you all carry me around on your shoulders.  Okay, that last part, that will probably stay a fantasy, and the part where everyone is chanting, "Tony! Tony! Tony!" is probably because everyone planned on going to a reunion concert by these guys and didn't invite me, but maybe at least a hearty congratulations wouldn't be an unreasonable expectation...

I swear to all that I hold dear, if you (and the rest of the team) give me back the ability to be be in my City, I will hoist you above my shoulders and chant your name. Promise made.

And Thank You to all of you.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2013, 04:28:54 PM »
PAX was this weekend, and I was in attendance the same as I was last year when I heard the news. It was the first day. The morning had been pretty awesome. I was eating lunch with my then-fiance and a mutual friend, when the mutual friend got a blank look on his face and showed me his phone, where he had the announcement loaded. I cried through the rest of lunch, and the rest of PAX was ruined for me. I honestly don't even remember much of anything from last year except the tiny Wildstar meetup.

At this year's PAX, my now-husband wore his Arachnos spider shirt on Friday; an exhibitor said it made him sad. I wore my City of Heroes shirt drawn by @Liz on the 31st. I got several head nods and a shoulder squeeze. We're out there. We're hopeful. We're waiting.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

OzonePrime

• Elite Boss
  • Never Give Up! Never Surrender!
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2013, 06:19:39 PM »
"We're out there. We're hopeful. We're waiting"

Yes, we are!

PunkusJR

• Boss
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2013, 06:59:14 PM »
Whatever you're working on is appreciated by this hero. ^^
I am the gun that rains judgement. I am the chill in the spine of evil doers. I am the flame that burns with justice. I am the teal angel that rises from death! I! AM! KAIT0!

Ellscry

• Minion
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2013, 07:25:05 PM »
I wore my City of Heroes shirt drawn by @Liz on the 31st. I got several head nods and a shoulder squeeze. We're out there. We're hopeful. We're waiting.

We are.

And while were waiting any chance you have an image of said shirt? I am extremely happy with my commission from @Liz, and would love to see.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2013, 12:11:31 AM »
We are.

And while were waiting any chance you have an image of said shirt? I am extremely happy with my commission from @Liz, and would love to see.
It's the winner from the 5th Anniversary t-shirt contest.
http://paragonwiki.com/w/images//5/5e/5th_aniv_t-shirt.jpg
I can't find a better picture of it anywhere. Manticore, Numina, Positron, War Witch, and BABs.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Ellscry

• Minion
« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2013, 01:55:46 PM »
It's the winner from the 5th Anniversary t-shirt contest.
I can't find a better picture of it anywhere. Manticore, Numina, Positron, War Witch, and BABs.

Thanks! I do believe I have seen it somewhere, it is very nice. My favorite of @Liz's work (besides my own commission) is her picture titled "Suggestion Box". She is very good.

alphajaybo

• Lieutenant
  • The one The only Alpha Protocol V2.9
« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2013, 04:06:42 PM »
thought i'd try doing a video for it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZPS2mhYUBU
Daoc CoH and WoW

Malohin

• Underling
  • Excellent!
« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2013, 08:52:23 PM »

Take a look at:
http://forum2.aimoo.com/ffxi/Other-Games/CoH-The-5th-Anniversary-T-Shirt-Contest-Winners-Announced-1-529588.html

Not sure where they got the images. I'll keep looking. :)

[update]
Ouch. No joy on other, more official links. I hate to swipe somebody's bandwidth to link them here. Is there a good spot for these on Paragonwiki?
--
Malohin

Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education alone will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan "Press On," has solved and will always solve the problems of the human race.
-- Calvin Coolidge
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 09:15:37 PM by Malohin »

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2013, 09:08:26 PM »
I'm pretty sure the images were originally part of an announcement of the contest results on the official website.

As for inclusion on ParagonWiki, it would be up to the individual artists whether or not the images should be uploaded.  If they were/are, the page for each image should explicitly state that the images are used by permission of the original artist and they retain all rights to the image.  (And a link of some sort to the artist's DeviantArt page, Twitter feed, Facebook page, or some similar thing would probably be nice, too.)
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

WolfSoul

• Lieutenant
    • Writing portfolio
« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2013, 09:24:15 PM »
We're out there. We're hopeful. We're waiting.

YES!