Author Topic: Big NPC Menu for Icon (or, the MFH)  (Read 101164 times)

batqueen

• Boss
  • [flap flap]
Re: Big NPC Menu for Icon (or, the MFH)
« Reply #120 on: February 26, 2014, 01:37:14 AM »
You can make NPCs do emotes, but there is no command to move around. Some of the cars roll their wheels, but that is part of the animations they come with. You can calculate out how to move things beside yourself in demo edits, but not in ICON, and that takes someone else to tell you how to do that.   ;)

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #121 on: April 22, 2014, 03:37:12 PM »
I've just started messing around with this (it's AWESOME!). Some things aren't targetable, like the Atlas Blimp (I maaaay have decided to see what would happen when I added it and sort of ruin a shot of several of my characters). Is there a way to remove them without using /clearnpc? Because if you add one in the wrong spot (like the blimp halfway underground) after putting other stuff in, it's a real shame to mess it up.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

HeatSpike1

• Boss
  • CoH Global: @HeatSpike1
« Reply #122 on: April 22, 2014, 04:12:22 PM »
I'm not aware of anyway to remove single npcs either, but you can select the npc and move it across the map by going to your desired drop location and pressing G

Felderburg

• Elite Boss
« Reply #123 on: April 22, 2014, 04:23:20 PM »
I'm not aware of anyway to remove single npcs either, but you can select the npc and move it across the map by going to your desired drop location and pressing G

You can use shift+delete to remove a targetted NPC - the problem is that the Atlas Blimp (and I think other things) are not targetable, so if I mis-place them, they can't be moved or removed, as far as I know.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

HeatSpike1

• Boss
  • CoH Global: @HeatSpike1
« Reply #124 on: April 22, 2014, 06:24:27 PM »
Quote from: Felderburg link=topic=8861.msg141243#msg141243 the problem is that the Atlas Blimp (and I think other things) are [i
not[/i] targetable, so if I mis-place them, they can't be moved or removed, as far as I know.

Yes, I know what you mean. Sometimes when I'm spawning lots of npcs for a screenie or video or whatever reason, if I'm not sure how the spawn will work or act, I'll spawn it at another location first. And then select it, move to the desired location, and press G to drag and drop it where I originally wanted it to go. But ther than that, I don't know either. I've been wondering the same.

Nunikid

• Underling
« Reply #125 on: February 22, 2015, 11:35:10 PM »
Hey, uh I cant find the data/text/english/menus thing I only found pigg files :(, I installed city of heroes in Username:/Downloads/Titan, hope anyone can help me

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #126 on: February 22, 2015, 11:49:06 PM »
If it's not there, you need to create it.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Nunikid

• Underling
« Reply #127 on: February 23, 2015, 01:17:09 AM »
I tried that(Creating folders) but the box doesn't appears when i write /popmenu NPC, is there a special box where i have to put it, or did the command has changed? Directory where I installed it: C:\Users\NuniKid\Downloads\Titan\data\texts\English. Also I used Tequila, I don't know if that changes something, please answer

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #128 on: February 23, 2015, 01:41:13 AM »
You install ICON to your City of Heroes directory, not its own separate one. Then the NPC menu goes inside the /data/(etc) folder of the City of Heroes directory.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Nunikid

• Underling
« Reply #129 on: February 23, 2015, 01:56:57 AM »
The City of Heroes directory is the one that contains the cityofheroes.exe right?, I created the folders there and put the file, but it still doesn't opens
Oh wait nevermind i just missed a folder ''menu'' whoops, but all is alright
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 02:03:55 AM by Nunikid »

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
« Reply #130 on: February 25, 2015, 04:03:07 PM »
I had been away from these boards for months, only just now checking in on things. I did have an early version of Icon, but I thought I'd check and see if anything new had popped up.

UNDERSTATEMENT...   OF...   THE...   FRIGGIN'...   CENTURY...

My reaction when I first went through this thread...

My reaction when I loaded the new Icon up and started playing around...

And... after I recovered... I have this to say to you.

WolfSoul

• Lieutenant
    • Writing portfolio
« Reply #131 on: June 29, 2015, 04:24:52 AM »
Is there any way of knowing if this would work in the new Paragon Chat? 

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #132 on: June 29, 2015, 08:14:15 AM »
Is there any way of knowing if this would work in the new Paragon Chat?

On the version I helped test, no.  CW and Company plan to do some updates though that should make it work at some point.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Eskreema

• Lieutenant
« Reply #133 on: July 28, 2015, 11:50:45 PM »
In Icon/soon I can see each of the menus posted on these boards with the appropriate commands, but my toon won't change to a different skin, benpc, or animate - only gives me an "unknown command" prompt plus w/e string I tried to use.  Is there a .pigg file I'm missing? All basic commands work like ;tantrum or ;alakazamreact, but I can't get to be Imperious or do cole's crazy ground punch.  Any help would be great!  ;D

Oh, and TYVM FOR THIS! I appreciate any thing that helps further the utility of these programs.
Global: Iron Smoke.  Boards: Kractis Sky. Server:  Champion.  Main:  Eskreema

I don't always get sucked into a jet engine and live to talk about it, but when I do I use the new ICD-10 V97.33XD code.  Because things like that need to be trended by your insurance company and your money!

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #134 on: July 29, 2015, 04:38:52 AM »
ICON and Paragon Chat are two separate programs. The commands are generally not interchangeable. All of the commands in this thread are for ICON. You want to head down to the Paragon Chat General forum for Paragon Chat stuff:
http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/board,190.0.html

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Doc Artz

• Lieutenant
  • Infinity, SG leader of The Moon Dragons
    • Behance
« Reply #135 on: July 29, 2015, 10:25:24 PM »
I tried that(Creating folders) but the box doesn't appears when i write /popmenu NPC, is there a special box where i have to put it, or did the command has changed? Directory where I installed it: C:\Users\NuniKid\Downloads\Titan\data\texts\English. Also I used Tequila, I don't know if that changes something, please answer

My solution after having consistent failures downloading Island Run or any Titan/City of Heroes:
I first created a NCSOFT folder: C:\programs, then right click on programs  and choose “new folder”.  Name it NCSOFT. Then right  click on NCSOFT and add “new folder” naming  it COH.
From now on all Titan/COH downloads, including Island Run, should be saved to the COH folder.
It took several times but I eventually downloaded Island run:
As soon as Island Run begins, left click the Palm tree in the upper left hand corner. A drop down menu will appear where you’ll see “options.” Choose all three options (see below.) Pin Island Run  to task bar, minimize, --> click the minus sign,  and allow the download to continue.
1.   Ready to play Ignore develop mode. 
2.   Download optimal content.
3.   Use cider and ignore wine
 I had to try Island Run 3 times before all 72 files were downloaded
 8)

« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 10:34:22 PM by Ted Simmerman »
Doc Artz

GUGuardian

• Underling
« Reply #136 on: August 01, 2015, 03:25:14 PM »
My only question is where is Lady Winter?  I haven't been able to find her.

Felderburg

• Elite Boss
« Reply #137 on: August 02, 2015, 03:40:06 AM »
My only question is where is Lady Winter?  I haven't been able to find her.

She's called Miss_December: http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,8963.msg151875.html#msg151875

GUGuardian

• Underling
« Reply #138 on: August 07, 2015, 04:36:21 AM »
Good to know, but I'm going to have to use the spawn command on that one because she's not anywhere in the menu yet.  Nor are any of Ouro's Menders (except Lazarus).  Or the new Siege, or the giant Tyrant, or Belladonna Vetrano.  In the works maybe?

Tipsy

• Lieutenant
« Reply #139 on: August 25, 2015, 01:03:47 AM »
Hi there.  I couldn't locate the NPC name for the Ice Controller pet, Jack Frost.  Can anyone reading this that knows this one help me find that?

Also, what I'm really looking for, is the texture name for Ice stuff, like found in Ice Tanks and such.

Thanks.

-Tipsy