Author Topic: CoH NPCs to CO  (Read 11524 times)

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
CoH NPCs to CO
« on: July 12, 2013, 02:47:55 AM »
Has anyone else experimented with copying CoH NPCs in Champions? It's pretty easy to get some to look like the originals - at least, close enough that a CoH refugee would stop and take a second look. I had pretty good success with Fusionette, in both her regular and Vanguard costumes; I only really had to punt on the torso piece. Also recognizable are Mynx, my Void Hunter and my Supa Troll. But with others, it's a real headache. For instance, I can't find any torso or legs costume pieces that look like Sister Psyche's familiar outfit. Did she have another costume besides the green-straps one? Even if I weren't thinking of having her as my Telepathy character, this'd be staying on my mind.
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
Re: CoH NPCs to CO
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2013, 02:57:15 AM »

blackjak

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2013, 04:15:16 AM »
Fusionette is around. Someone has the old woman contact from Striga whose name escapes me right now. Detra might as well be one. I have seen Spa Troll a few times, btw.
Virtue: Moonsun, Dynamo Jr., Crimson Fury, Sabre Kat, Double Sixxes, Quantum Stranger, Mystic Kirin, Pink.Eye Champion: Blackjak, Redwing Blackbird Justice: Shield Marshal Guardian: White Talon Triumph: Gosuto Union: Stellar Girl

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2013, 02:45:07 PM »
Well actually... :)

http://i.imgur.com/ws7Y9aY.jpg

Wow! I've seen a few "tribute" toons, even made a couple of them myself, but I love it when one can come out of left field like this. That's a pretty amazing job!
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Heroette

• Elite Boss
  • Penelope Pistol lives forever in my heart.
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2013, 03:59:46 PM »
Fusionette is around. Someone has the old woman contact from Striga whose name escapes me right now. Detra might as well be one. I have seen Spa Troll a few times, btw.

Is that Stephanie Peebles?

blackjak

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2013, 07:13:35 PM »
Is that Stephanie Peebles?
Yes. That's the name. Kind of a funny NPC to choose, but effective. I knew her immediately when I saw her at a Cape radio (DJ Cyclos) get together in RenCen. Saw Detra and Jo there this week as well (Virtue regulars if you didn't know them). I think his shows are monday nights if anyone is on and wants to drop by.
Virtue: Moonsun, Dynamo Jr., Crimson Fury, Sabre Kat, Double Sixxes, Quantum Stranger, Mystic Kirin, Pink.Eye Champion: Blackjak, Redwing Blackbird Justice: Shield Marshal Guardian: White Talon Triumph: Gosuto Union: Stellar Girl

Nos482

• Elite Boss
  • We've gone and done the greatest crime...
    • My PSN profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2013, 09:40:06 AM »
Let's see...

Frostfire, Snaptooth, Widow, Scirocco, States...worm?

Crab

And here's my Warshade...Warpshadow

8) ;D
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 09:51:47 AM by Nos482 »
I'm bad and that's good.
I'll never be good and that's not bad.
There's no one I'd rather be than me.

...unless I could be Batman, of course. Everybody wants to be Batman.

JRVthatsME

• Lieutenant
  • When times are hard, take a stand and dont give up
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2013, 11:59:44 AM »

Although my toon Paragon is clearly a variation of Statesman (the alternate costume is not Tyrant but rather meant to be an enchanted suit of power armour that is the actual source of Paragon's powers since he is not Stateman, only trying to be like him) something I have tried to do with no success so far is to try and recreate a version of one of the CoH gangs using the nemesis system. Unfortunately as far as I can see non of the henchmen look anything like any CoH gang members. Shame because it would of been nice to have say hellions show up a nemesis group.

TerminalVelocity

• Minion
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2013, 12:11:46 PM »
Imma let you finish bro, but that alternate costume looks exactly like Tyrant.
@Bullet Barrage
I left the forums with 1,337 post.

Eldershinjo

• Minion
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2013, 06:27:27 PM »
This thread has been quiet for a bit... So, decided to try my hand at one...
So, here's Katie Hannon from Croatoa.

Trying to recreate the shoulder pieces that the Cabal Witches wore was rough. If anyone has a better suggestion for those, I'm all ears!
Always remember... The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing...

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2013, 06:58:59 PM »
Trying to recreate the shoulder pieces that the Cabal Witches wore was rough. If anyone has a better suggestion for those, I'm all ears!

That's a really good job you did there. If going for pure accuracy, that'll be hard to beat. And no - I don't have any better ideas. :)

In translating characters over from COH, there's a lot of areas where CO doesn't have counterparts to COH costume pieces (the same goes the other way as well). I've seen a lot of interesting compromises when people are making their characters over here.

A lot of times the thing to do is just dispense with pure accuracy to the original look and go with "the feel" of the character. That's what I had to do with my Nemesis homage that I linked to above.

Check out Paragon Wiki's entry on Nemesis and you'll see the CO version I came up with really isn't that close in terms of detail and even silhouette . But I've yet to hear from anyone who was a COH vet who didn't recognize Nemesis when they see my version of him.

Brou

• Elite Boss
  • Inspector of Tasties
    • Blog
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2013, 03:07:32 AM »
The PSI back piece comes close.
Spess

General Idiot

• Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2013, 08:25:05 AM »
This thread has been quiet for a bit... So, decided to try my hand at one...

I really wish Champions had a loose sleeves costume piece like the one Katie has there. The wizard top (From the cash shop wizard costume set) comes close, but it's got obvious magic runes and stuff on it that makes it look weird on most of my characters because they're not magic. Wish there was a version of it without, or ideally just a glove or bracer piece that adds the long sleeves to anything.

Nos482

• Elite Boss
  • We've gone and done the greatest crime...
    • My PSN profile
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2013, 04:10:56 PM »

8)
I'm bad and that's good.
I'll never be good and that's not bad.
There's no one I'd rather be than me.

...unless I could be Batman, of course. Everybody wants to be Batman.

Eldershinjo

• Minion
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2013, 06:24:20 AM »
8)

Oh! Didnt think to use the Steelhawk chest piece like that. As for the Webbed skirt, I considered that, but decided to go with a regular medium one as it was closer in look to the original, which, in this case was what I was going for...

I really wish Champions had a loose sleeves costume piece like the one Katie has there. The wizard top (From the cash shop wizard costume set) comes close, but it's got obvious magic runes and stuff on it that makes it look weird on most of my characters because they're not magic. Wish there was a version of it without, or ideally just a glove or bracer piece that adds the long sleeves to anything.

You can make the magic runes the same color as the rest of the Wizard top, and it mostly makes them disappear, but I agree, a glove or bracer piece would be great.

So this next one was rather simple. Here's Serafina from Brickstown.

And just for fun, a bit of a remake, since I'll give CO this much... it's /really/ nice to be able to have real loincloths...

Always remember... The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing...

General Idiot

• Elite Boss
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2013, 11:52:25 AM »
Really, that one's a bit of a gimme because a scantily clad female is a scantily clad female regardless of what game you put her in. :p

Eldershinjo

• Minion
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2013, 08:27:17 PM »
Really, that one's a bit of a gimme because a scantily clad female is a scantily clad female regardless of what game you put her in. :p

Who said they had to complicated? :/

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2013, 02:43:35 AM »
Oh! Didnt think to use the Steelhawk chest piece like that. As for the Webbed skirt, I considered that, but decided to go with a regular medium one as it was closer in look to the original, which, in this case was what I was going for...

You can make the magic runes the same color as the rest of the Wizard top, and it mostly makes them disappear, but I agree, a glove or bracer piece would be great.

So this next one was rather simple. Here's Serafina from Brickstown.

And just for fun, a bit of a remake, since I'll give CO this much... it's /really/ nice to be able to have real loincloths...

What's the loincloth under? I found one in CO but it only hung in the front.

Brou

• Elite Boss
  • Inspector of Tasties
    • Blog
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2013, 02:55:33 AM »
Persian Belt
Spess

General Idiot

• Elite Boss
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2013, 03:08:00 AM »
The persian belt does indeed only have the loincloth in the front, there's nothing on the back. There's a skirt you can get that has a back but no front, too. The two of them go pretty well together. Both have to be unlocked though, the persian belt by buying the costume set from the store and the skirt as a drop from one of the enemy groups in Vibora Bay - find that one on the auction house if you want it.