Author Topic: CoH NPCs to CO  (Read 11521 times)

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
Re: CoH NPCs to CO
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2013, 04:27:45 AM »
I see some good recreations here. Better than the tons of Hulk clones that is roaming around in that game.

Eldershinjo

• Minion
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2013, 02:49:57 AM »
So, here's a couple more.

Ms Liberty

Woodsman

Always remember... The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing...

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2013, 04:22:38 AM »
I've seen other versions of Ms Liberty, but that's a nice one.

And Woodsman! Wow! That's surprisingly well done!

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2013, 04:23:35 AM »
Indeed, a great job ressurecting them.
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor

Nos482

• Elite Boss
  • We've gone and done the greatest crime...
    • My PSN profile
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2013, 05:49:35 PM »

This is as close as I could get...
I'm bad and that's good.
I'll never be good and that's not bad.
There's no one I'd rather be than me.

...unless I could be Batman, of course. Everybody wants to be Batman.

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2013, 06:00:28 PM »
Damn dude! That's awesome!  ;D

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2013, 07:49:36 PM »

This is as close as I could get...

Who is this supposed to be in CoX? I don't recognize him. Both of those screen caps look to be from CO: The right picture is the Heroic pose, and the street lamp and checkered tablecloth on the left appear to be from the restaurant street near Kodiak.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 07:56:21 PM by Super Firebug »
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

Thunder Glove

• Elite Boss
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2013, 08:36:50 PM »
An antielectron is another name for a subatomic particle usually called - wait for it - a positron. :D

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2013, 11:02:30 PM »
An antielectron is another name for a subatomic particle usually called - wait for it - a positron. :D

Ah, okay. My apologies. I didn't remember what Positron looked like, and I'm used to the CoX NPC being displayed in the left photo, so I wasn't expecting two shots of the same character.
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2013, 12:58:53 AM »
Ah, okay. My apologies. I didn't remember what Positron looked like, and I'm used to the CoX NPC being displayed in the left photo, so I wasn't expecting two shots of the same character.
Also, after a certain point, they took away Posi's helmet, so it's hard for newer players to remember what old bucket head looked like originally ;)
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2013, 03:23:40 AM »
Initially, the loading screen still included the heroes charging toward you, which had Posi in full battle dress, but I thought his helmet was tucked under his arm after he "lost" it.
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2013, 04:04:24 AM »
It was tucked under his arm as he stood on his plinth in Steel Canyon. But any other time you saw him - say in the story arcs like SSA 2 and such, or in Recluse's Victory as one of the Heroes who'd show up after you'd turned enough of the pillboxes as a villain, or if you actually summoned him with that temp power - he was always in full gear with his helmet on.

So yeah - the majority of his appearances in-game were still with his helmet on, technically speaking.

Eldershinjo

• Minion
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2013, 06:19:57 AM »
Back with a few more...
One of my absolute favorite places in CoX was Cimerora. There was just something about the ambiance of the place that I loved. And, since my characters were very often misplaced sword and sorcery types, they fit in better there then most other places save Croatoa or some parts of First/Nightward.
So, here's my homages to some of the NPCs there...

First, the deposed ruler himself, Imperious.

And who would Imperious look to for guidance without his Sybils?

Well... he could turn to Sister Airlia, but one never really knows what shes truly planning...

As it has been mentioned earlier in this thread, these costumes had to make some concessions on absolute accuracy (Why?! Why do the horns and the plume on Imperious' helmet have to occupy the same costume spot!  :gonk: ) But, I like to think I have caught the feel of them pretty well...
Enjoy.  8)

/em holdtorch
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 08:38:07 AM by Eldershinjo »
Always remember... The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing...

General Idiot

• Elite Boss
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2013, 08:49:34 AM »
(Why?! Why do the horns and the plume on Imperious' helmet have to occupy the same costume spot!  :gonk: )

To be fair, they did in CoH too. He's just an NPC and thus is allowed to cheat. Regardless, all those are pretty good. :)

Eldershinjo

• Minion
« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2013, 10:45:39 AM »
To be fair, they did in CoH too. He's just an NPC and thus is allowed to cheat. Regardless, all those are pretty good. :)

Oh I know. I was just being silly...