Author Topic: The Incredibles 2. 2015  (Read 17574 times)

skippy7721

• Minion
The Incredibles 2. 2015
« on: June 24, 2013, 06:30:56 PM »
http://starseeker.com/2013-movies/the-incredibles-2-2013/

I figure..if this can return...so can our city!

Arachnion

• Elite Boss
  • Professional Cynic
Re: The Incredibles 2. 2015
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 08:48:35 PM »
I enjoyed the first one.

:D
I'm all dressed up with nowhere to go
Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder

Waiting for an invitation to arrive
Goin' to a party where no one's still alive

goodtime

• Boss
    • my videos
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2013, 09:25:21 PM »
Wow, those are some big-ass hero boots to fill, but I'll trust Brad Bird with a sequel.   (The worry is that Disney is just doing it for sequel moneys, and not being true to the original film.)

I can't imagine them re-casting Violet, it's not like Sarah Vowell was a kid when she did it.

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2013, 09:26:05 AM »
Well we don't know how much of a time skip the movie will have.  Maybe Violet and Dash are now grown.  Maybe Violet even has a child of her own (Okay, too much of a time skip) but post college, Dash in high school and Jack now the all powerful elementary school student.  Have Vi or Dash fall for the child of a supervillain ...

Yeah, that's fairly tropish and I prefer Pixar to steer away from the standard tropes.  Oh, and give Frozone an eyepatch as an injoke.
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot

Rotten Luck

• Elite Boss
  • "I'd rather go out a hero than a coward."
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2013, 10:54:30 AM »
Tropish can be done if done Well.  Heck half of the original Incredables was kind of Trope.  Strong characters can carry a run of the mill story.  Me I would have made the Incredables into a T.V. show the Daily life of a family of Superhereos. 
One way or another... Heroes will fly again!

Rust

• Elite Boss
  • Oddball
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2013, 12:20:48 PM »
Oddly enough...I don't want this.

The Incredibles was a great film and did the Fantastic Four dynamic better then the Fantastic Four film did. It's one of my top films and definitely ranks high on the list of "Favorite Super Hero Films" (Honestly, if it had been a period piece Super Film to boot, it probably would have been at #1. Love me some Golden Age Hero Action - hence why Captain America, The Shadow, and The Rocketeer are in my top slots).

But I feel it is a movie that is stronger by itself then as part of a franchise. Much like The Dark Knight Rises, I have a feeling Incredibles 2 will just be an unnecessary outing. Or, to put it in Pixar perspective, Monsters University. I know the age group that grew up with Monsters Inc is now going to college (Grip of old age...crushing...crushing...), so it makes a sort of sense in that respect but it's still a College Movie Prequel to a Pixar film that doesn't have anything in common with a College Movie. It just feels like someone doing a sequel to Animal House where they all work at CERN.

As a complete aside I also think it's moronic to think you can do a College Film on a G rating, but that's personal opinion.

Back on topic, I don't want a Incredibles sequel. Not only is Pixar getting sequel madness (So how long until UP 2?), but the story told in the film doesn't need a sequel. Toy Story is the only franchise I feel that merits the sequels because it dealt with the several stages of not only toy ownership (From Childhood, to Collecting, to mementos of childhood), but of development of the individual too (I was for the longest time the villain from Toy Story 2. It's within the last two years I've become Andy from Toy Story 3 and given away the good portion of my collections).
All that I'm after is a life filled with laughter

Segev

• Plan Z: Interim Producer
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2013, 01:16:40 PM »
The Incredibles was left wide open for a sequel, and even for expansion into a potential TV series. If you don't want it, that's fine; you can simply ignore it. I know plenty of people who express their displeasure with the Matrix II and III by mock-lamenting that they "never made a sequel" to the original Matrix.

The beauty of more things being produced is that we have the freedom, generally, to ignore the ones we don't like. I could understand griping over it if it were going to interfere with your ability to discuss and enjoy the original, but movies, unlike games and shared universes, don't have backwards-impact. They don't even cause a problem of loss-of-support for their predecessors, because there is no "support" for movies after they're played out in the DVD sales. If anything, sequels (no matter how bad) increase support for the older ones by sparking interest and thus impelling sales of new editions of the DVDs (for those who don't have their own already).

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2013, 02:03:35 PM »
It depends on how much of the band Bird is getting back together. More of the Pixar movies have been brilliant than not, and their track record with sequels isn't terrible. With the original creative team, I would have high hopes. But, given the visual style of the original, I see 3D as pointless, being done because "all movies are 3D, now." (Also pointless, though done very well, stylistically, in a few rare cases.)
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Rotten Luck

• Elite Boss
  • "I'd rather go out a hero than a coward."
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2013, 02:18:50 PM »
In terms of sequels the Incredables I can see as being open.  It was made with sequel bait build in with the Underminer.  The idea of following the family as they play normal wile being supers have lots of opportunities.  (the thing that the latest superman movies seem not to get) Think about the original Incredables how much of it was just their normal life.  It was that even with superpowers we normal folk could relate the shy violet, the ball of energy Dash rebelling a normal family all of them just with superpowers.  In other worlds a normal sitcom family. 

Now the bad part is Hollywood tends to forget that, like in the for mentioned Superman Movies.  Heck the opening part of the original Superman where he starts learning how to use his powers running along side a train was the inspiration for the Smallvile show.  What I fear and what I believe others do too is they try to One up the original with more Flash and bang effects forgetting the human elements that made the Incredable worth watching. 
One way or another... Heroes will fly again!

Joshex

• [citation needed]
  • Elite Boss
    • my talk page
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2013, 04:20:49 PM »
the developer has spoken saying for a sequel he is not considering the underminer as the main enemy but rather the return of the last villain.

also he hints the story will be centered on Dash and Jack, their parents will be retired, NO mention of violet, from which I assume Violet will have a small spot if at all like maybe she'll be on the end of a phone call or a message on an answering machine.

over all, if thats the idea I highly suggest he take more time to think this over.

why not use the underminer?

there is already an incredibles game that deals with the underminer, it is possible that the developer may not wish to repeat the same story or a similar story in a movie format.

either way I think such a rapid jump into the future is a bad idea for this story. alot of people I know like this for the very reasons they are taking away lol.
There is always another way. But it might not work exactly like you may desire.

A wise old rabbit once told me "Never give-up!, Trust your instincts!" granted the advice at the time led me on a tripped-out voyage out of an asteroid belt, but hey it was more impressive than a bunch of rocks and space monkies.

Blondeshell

• Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2013, 01:45:15 AM »
I would agree that the Underminer wouldn't/shouldn't be the main villain in Incredibles 2. Why? The characters voiced by John Ratzenberger in Pixar movies never have that many lines.

Rust

• Elite Boss
  • Oddball
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2013, 08:55:32 AM »
In terms of sequels the Incredables I can see as being open.  It was made with sequel bait build in with the Underminer. 

Your Mileage May Vary, I guess. To me, I took the appearance of the Underminer at the end of the film to be a signal that the era of the costumed hero had returned (Of which we saw the death of at the beginning of the film), not a prospective sequel villain.
All that I'm after is a life filled with laughter

Segev

• Plan Z: Interim Producer
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2013, 01:43:27 PM »
I think, Joshex, that assuming from one interview that says it will focus on Dash and Jak that Vi will be almost entirely non-present...is a bit of a stretch.

This far out from it, there's no way they're going to tell us enough information to know for certain who WON'T be in it from a prior movie, unless they expressly say, "X will not be in it."

So let's not go from somewhat wild assumptions to a scolding recommendation that they "rethink" what they're doing. You didn't mention CoH or one of the Plan Z's in your post, so it's probable that you're not even thinking of playing them if they happen or return! Rethink it, Joshex! They'll need players like you!

No, that's not really what I think you feel about CoH et al, but I write that to illustrate how not to jump to conclusions on so little information. We really need to take a bit of a wait-and-see attitude.

Lightslinger

• Elite Boss
  • @Lightslinger, Virtue
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2013, 03:17:32 PM »
Just because a pre-pre-pre-production rumor website says that Syndrome will return doesn't mean he's the main villain. It just means he'll be in the movie in some capacity, I seriously doubt after all these years Pixar will reuse a villain (that includes Underminer as well).

The Incredibles is one of my all-time favorite movies, definitely looking forward to this.

And for all the hate Pixar gets regarding the sequels, I don't really mind them. They're not that bad, especially by industry standards, and the money they make gives Pixar the freedom to do the REALLY cool stuff. There would not be a The Incredibles, Ratatouille, Wall-E, Up, or Brave were it not for the marketing focused sequels that funded them.

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2013, 10:27:12 PM »
Wow, those are some big-ass hero boots to fill, but I'll trust Brad Bird with a sequel.   (The worry is that Disney is just doing it for sequel moneys, and not being true to the original film.)

I can't imagine them re-casting Violet, it's not like Sarah Vowell was a kid when she did it.

Pixar was smart when they signed with Disney... a lot more than most. Or they just had more leverage for some reason. For a Disney asset, Pixar retains a lot of creative control, and I can't think of a time where they've disappointed (I cannot yet speak for Monster University).

JKPhage

• Lieutenant
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2013, 12:14:12 AM »
I absolutely adore The Incredibles. It stands, to date, as my favorite Pixar film. I can understand skepticism over how well the sequel will be done, but I'm going to cross my fingers, hope, and just keep faith that they will do it right. Hell, when I was a kid I almost started writing a fan-fic for it, and even at that young of an age I like to think that I had plenty of decent ideas, so I can't imagine that a movie studio full of people paid to tell stories couldn't think of a few good ones.

I like the idea of the time skip as it gives the kids more room to shine and also provides a new/unique setting from the original as we now aren't operating in a world that frowns on supers and tries to keep them hidden, but rather one that reveres them again. That gives you room for the young adult/adolescent Parr children to have to deal with possible fame as their super-selves while dealing with regular life and keeping it a secret, potential for plenty of new and interesting characters to be introduced, all sorts of things.

I'm really looking forward to so much out of this movie. I wanna know what super names the kids picked (Because you can't be Incredible Boy and Incredible Girl forever), Did Dash become "The Dash" or did he go with something sleeker sounding? Is Violet now billed as "Ultraviolet" or was that too flashy for a demure girl like her? Perhaps she became "Shy Violet" to coincide with her invisibility? And what kind of powers did Jack-Jack end up with? Were all those crazy powers he displayed just some sort of natural genetic hiccup for supers, or does he really have powers of flight, telekinesis, pyrokinesis, phasing, changing into metal and whatever else may come of it? If he DOES have all of those powers then is he regarded as some sort of national threat? After all, even if we have a time-skip he's still going to be a very young boy, possibly around 9 or so, and with that all the tempermants and tantrums of a typical 9-year-old, but combined with the ability to level a city block.

Can you tell I've spent way too much time contemplating this stuff? Haha. Either way, I'm gonna say that Pixar always does a good job, and I'm not counting on them disappointing me this time around.

Joshex

• [citation needed]
  • Elite Boss
    • my talk page
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2013, 03:14:40 AM »
Pixar was smart when they signed with Disney... a lot more than most. Or they just had more leverage for some reason. For a Disney asset, Pixar retains a lot of creative control, and I can't think of a time where they've disappointed (I cannot yet speak for Monster University).

ok joke time; yeah I love the great move pixar made by signing with disney, now they can all look forwards to have thier positions replaced with people disney feels suit the position better this month. - I've talked to lots of people who have worked for them they say it's impossible to keep your job after the project is finished.

I think, Joshex, that assuming from one interview that says it will focus on Dash and Jak that Vi will be almost entirely non-present...is a bit of a stretch.

This far out from it, there's no way they're going to tell us enough information to know for certain who WON'T be in it from a prior movie, unless they expressly say, "X will not be in it."

So let's not go from somewhat wild assumptions to a scolding recommendation that they "rethink" what they're doing. You didn't mention CoH or one of the Plan Z's in your post, so it's probable that you're not even thinking of playing them if they happen or return! Rethink it, Joshex! They'll need players like you!

No, that's not really what I think you feel about CoH et al, but I write that to illustrate how not to jump to conclusions on so little information. We really need to take a bit of a wait-and-see attitude.

lol talk about advertising.

I know you were just illustrating your argument and it is a valid point.

as for me, I'm not sure plan Z will suit my tastes, I'm affriad the atmosphere may be too 'artistically modern' just like champions... I mean give us a rugged city; warehouses rusted powerpoles dusty contruction areas brick buildings with a few nicely designed sky scrapers, especially in the traditional style as well as the new style, but don't make the town hall look like the leagion of super heroes head quarters.. thats a bit too futuristic, like maybe you could warp far into the future of paragon and see something like that, but lets start with something more traditional.

sorry rambling. I honestly hate to be a doomsayer but i don't know how long the MMO industry will be profitable. I.. I see the number of MMOs of all sorts of different types and I cannot seem to fathom how all these MMO's of a similar shade to eachother can compete with such profits. I see financial crisises and monitary hacking being done throgh MMOs companies think they are getting more money than they really are. don't get me wrong, I'm not against plan Z. I just think that when they are all done we should hold a vote to see which one is the most liked and then can the other 2 so theres no competition. the other 2 can be incorporated into the most liked one at a later time.

but I do warn this, if the real CoH comes back, i might not play the plan Z's at all.
There is always another way. But it might not work exactly like you may desire.

A wise old rabbit once told me "Never give-up!, Trust your instincts!" granted the advice at the time led me on a tripped-out voyage out of an asteroid belt, but hey it was more impressive than a bunch of rocks and space monkies.

Arnabas

• Minion
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2013, 03:01:23 AM »
I love Pixar, but I am not so sure about this.... I have wanted to see a sequel for some time, but focusing on Dash and Jack doesn't seem too smart. The best part of the first one was the family dynamic... Ditching the original concept and focusing on select characters didn't work so well for Cars 2, did it?

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2013, 03:04:12 AM »
http://starseeker.com/2013-movies/the-incredibles-2-2013/

I figure..if this can return...so can our city!

yep. Kind of surprised they didnt do the sequel sooner. But then again maybe it's a good thing. Cars 2- geesh.

SeaLily

• Lieutenant
  • green hair
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2013, 08:05:30 AM »
Cars 2 wasn't bad.  It was okay.  Better than the first, at least, which was Pixar's weakest by far.  But those are just money-builders.  Cars makes money.  Money they can use to make other films.

So, okay, maybe Cars 2 wasn't a good sequel.  But you know what was?

Toy Story 2.  Toy Story 3.  Monsters University.  All great films, all great sequels that build on the original and develop those characters more.

I'm confident that Brad Bird, who makes some consistently great movies, will handle this very well if it happens.
green hair