Author Topic: How does one keep from giving up?  (Read 21825 times)

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
Re: How does one keep from giving up?
« Reply #80 on: June 27, 2013, 07:42:57 AM »
You want to stop hurting? You can get there if you want. It may not be easy. But first thing first, is figuring out what can stop that hurt. There is no game like COX. COX was, well, COX. And that quality make it excellent when it was up and running. But the downside is when it's gone of course nothing to replace it is there.

FenrirEX, Champions has several animal costume parts available to free accounts. For instance, I just checked the head options under "Bestial" on my free account, and, of the 26 listed there, 20 of them are unlocked to my toons. (I haven't bought any costume pieces, or sets, on that account.) So, you might try that option.

Of course, it looks and plays differently. But I have to put up with that sort of thing a lot, because my favorite form of video entertainment is space science fiction. And, while fantasy is pretty much set at elves, dwarves, ogres, dragons, etc., all being essentially alike, every science-fiction creator has his own universe, and they don't mesh. So I have to go from warp drive to slipstream drive to jump drive to hyperdrive to who-knows-what. Compared to that, going from CoH to CO was cake. Sure, it's different. But approach it on its own merits, as someone else's take on a superhero game, and you might find something in it that helps. You'll sure find more animal heads there; to my knowledge, CoH didn't have gorillas, deer, alligators or rats!

So take us to slipstream, FenrirEX, and warp speed ahead! And may the Force help you to live long and prosper. Never give up; never surrender!

Wait a minute...that's not...did I...?

Frack!
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 05:50:31 PM by Super Firebug »
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #81 on: June 27, 2013, 12:44:39 PM »
The one thing I really, really wanted was a "clear" bubble costume that could have been colored. It would have been nice to be able to add stuff inside like clouds, smoke swirls, bubbles and so on.

The CoH Bubble costume (default) in the creator I wanted badly!

LadyVamp

• Elite Boss
« Reply #82 on: June 27, 2013, 12:58:14 PM »
There'll be mice? Kitty'll be SO looking forward to welcoming them!

:blink: "Standard", Gracie?

And they will be glad to meet kitty...with their multi-function plasma rifles...if necessary.
No Surrender!

LadyVamp

• Elite Boss
« Reply #83 on: June 27, 2013, 01:17:17 PM »
Great, now you've got me thinking that mice all run around in HALO suits and the nests we know about are just training facilities.

... oh even better, NOW you've got me thinking that there's a nest of blue-armored mice in our basement and a nest of red-armored mice in our shed and they're at war with each other for some reason that nobody told them. And they have plasma rifles!!! Tiny, adorable little plasma rifles! :o

They're fighting over the refrigerator and pantry.

Lil Cosmic Mouse was an ff/dual pistol def.  She wore her other body armour most of the time.  White body armour with black accents.  She looked like a helmetless mini-stormtrooper with a rodent tail with the teddy bear ears (they look more mouse like than the rat ears did).

No Surrender!

Cobra Man

• Boss
« Reply #84 on: June 27, 2013, 09:32:33 PM »
You would then guarantee absolute failure, a design-by bureaucracy due to the sheer number of people involved.

There is considerable talent, too much talent in fact to produce a single game. As it is, one of the projects is suffering from too-many-people syndrome, and is having to grow its management in order to remain viable. So to make it work, you would in effect have to get rid of most of the talent, to keep it viable for development. This means wasted talent.

That we have three projects is because we have so many talented people here. It's not because we just one day went "Oh, I want to make a game." Each one has a very different end-goal, even if we all came from the same origin, our love of CoH.

I guess the proof of whether or not multiple projects is beneficial will come when (or if) any of the projects see the light of day.

I'm not trying to be negative here but surely patience and continued negotiations may have resulted in a coordinated project?

I's be interested to know just exactly what the creative differences were that made it impossible for this to happen - if anyone can point me to a link or summarize it?