Author Topic: I miss CoH  (Read 75428 times)

HeatSpike1

• Boss
  • CoH Global: @HeatSpike1
Re: I miss CoH
« Reply #80 on: February 26, 2014, 02:44:51 PM »
I can't seem to stop planning new builds in mids hero designer, and then heading over to Titan icon to create the character. Body, costume, powers, weapons, animation fxs.... And then entering paragon city or the rogue isles. There's always a little part of me that still has hope that once I enter, I'll be greeted by other players and able to play the game and it's full content.

*sigh*  :( I miss coh

CoyoteSeven

• Boss
    • My Twitter
« Reply #81 on: March 03, 2014, 10:03:31 AM »
Once I finish developing and then building my time machine, I have plans to pull Commodore and Atari from the hands of those who flew them into ground. Through careful planning and martial prowess (as well as knowledge of the future), I will combine them into something bigger and better than Microsoft and Nintendo combined.

So that by the time City of Heroes comes along, and they're looking for a publisher and a much needed infusion of cash to get their project off the ground, I will be there at the right place and at the right time. NCSoft will never have a chance to even enter the picture. And CoH will remain online until the end of time.

It's my dream, so I make up whatever I want. :D

Drauger9

• Elite Boss
    • My gaming blog
« Reply #82 on: March 03, 2014, 11:31:29 AM »
Once I finish developing and then building my time machine, I have plans to pull Commodore and Atari from the hands of those who flew them into ground. Through careful planning and martial prowess (as well as knowledge of the future), I will combine them into something bigger and better than Microsoft and Nintendo combined.

So that by the time City of Heroes comes along, and they're looking for a publisher and a much needed infusion of cash to get their project off the ground, I will be there at the right place and at the right time. NCSoft will never have a chance to even enter the picture. And CoH will remain online until the end of time.

It's my dream, so I make up whatever I want.

LOL I could see Posi going to his mail box. Opening it up with a letter in it saying. "I'll fund your studio and City of Heroes" "Love the future!"

On a side note, if you happen to need a toaster for your time machine. I have one handy. :P

batqueen

• Boss
  • [flap flap]
« Reply #83 on: March 03, 2014, 07:16:28 PM »
Those toaster time machines don't always work so well. ( DOH! )

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
« Reply #84 on: March 05, 2014, 06:00:08 PM »
how about the doritos ones?
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor

Twisted Toon

• New Efforts # 13,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #85 on: March 05, 2014, 07:30:10 PM »
From what I've seen, the Doritos Time Machines only go into the future, and not Back from the Future. Although, if you could get a Hot Tub Time Machine, that might be interesting.
Hope never abandons you, you abandon it. - George Weinberg

Hope ... is not a feeling; it is something you do. - Katherine Paterson

Nobody really cares if you're miserable, so you might as well be happy. - Cynthia Nelms

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #86 on: March 05, 2014, 08:53:51 PM »
I have a time machine that you can use.  But it only works at normal speed.  So you stand in a box for 2 years and you come out 2 years later.  Interested?

HeatSpike1

• Boss
  • CoH Global: @HeatSpike1
« Reply #87 on: March 06, 2014, 12:09:16 AM »
I have a time machine that you can use.  But it only works at normal speed.  So you stand in a box for 2 years and you come out 2 years later.  Interested?

I'll take it!

JanessaVR

• New Efforts # 12,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #88 on: March 06, 2014, 03:27:37 AM »
I've remarked before that I know lots of time travelers - namely, everyone.  We're all traveling into the future at a rate of 1 second per second.  It's slow and a one-way trip, but it's time travel.   ;D

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #89 on: March 06, 2014, 09:53:30 PM »
I have a special machine the size of a pocket watch that can zap me anywhere in time. I am setting it for 100 years from now, and here I go.
I'm back....want to see it again?
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

Twisted Toon

• New Efforts # 13,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #90 on: March 06, 2014, 10:38:39 PM »
I have a special machine the size of a pocket watch that can zap me anywhere in time. I am setting it for 100 years from now, and here I go.
I'm back....want to see it again?

I blinked. I didn't get to see it.  :(

Nobody really cares if you're miserable, so you might as well be happy. - Cynthia Nelms

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #91 on: March 06, 2014, 10:48:04 PM »
Ok....there. Want to see it again?
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

Twisted Toon

• New Efforts # 13,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #92 on: March 07, 2014, 03:49:43 AM »
Ok....there. Want to see it again?

Umm....

Cinnder

• Boss
« Reply #93 on: March 08, 2014, 05:10:39 AM »
 :)

Speaking of time travel, there have, of course, been many discussions of the problems with its portrayal in fiction, but one topic I've never seen mentioned is the whole "we can move you in time, but not in physical location" paradigm.  Books or films sometimes use this to mandate that the time traveller who enters a machine in New York 2014 will come out in New York 1814, for example, and not Egypt, Peru, etc.

But surely, if one takes into account the rotation of the Earth, the revolution of the Earth around the sun, the motion of our solar system inside our galaxy, and the motion of our galaxy in the universe, the chances that any time traveller would end up even close to Earth are miniscule.  Who knows, maybe the cold dead heart of space is littered with the frozen bodies of erstwhile time travellers...

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
« Reply #94 on: March 09, 2014, 12:49:30 AM »
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #95 on: March 09, 2014, 01:43:32 AM »
:)

Speaking of time travel, there have, of course, been many discussions of the problems with its portrayal in fiction, but one topic I've never seen mentioned is the whole "we can move you in time, but not in physical location" paradigm.  Books or films sometimes use this to mandate that the time traveller who enters a machine in New York 2014 will come out in New York 1814, for example, and not Egypt, Peru, etc.

But surely, if one takes into account the rotation of the Earth, the revolution of the Earth around the sun, the motion of our solar system inside our galaxy, and the motion of our galaxy in the universe, the chances that any time traveller would end up even close to Earth are miniscule.  Who knows, maybe the cold dead heart of space is littered with the frozen bodies of erstwhile time travellers...

The TV show, "Seven Days", addressed this. During a seven-day backstep, Parker had to guide the chronosphere to keep it near Earth, in the hopes of landing it somewhere close to where he needed to be.
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

Cinnder

• Boss
« Reply #96 on: March 09, 2014, 06:39:22 AM »
heh, I wrote a little ficlet about this very think a few months back. guy sent his pocket watch five minutes into the past... but couldn't find it... six weeks later it turn up orbiting the moon.

Brilliant!!  Thank you for addressing that.  You've quelled a concern I've had for years.  Nice work!

[P.S. The editor in me can't help but point out that "forty" doesn't have a "u" in it.]

CoyoteSeven

• Boss
    • My Twitter
« Reply #97 on: March 10, 2014, 06:42:37 AM »
The TV show, "Seven Days", addressed this. During a seven-day backstep, Parker had to guide the chronosphere to keep it near Earth, in the hopes of landing it somewhere close to where he needed to be.

A certain Sam Beckett didn't have this problem. In fact, he worked around it quite cleverly. Though he did sort of have a few other problems with his method...

Graydar

• Lieutenant
« Reply #98 on: March 10, 2014, 01:40:17 PM »
I just had a dream about City of Heroes. It was back with new zones and an expansion on the ordinary lvl 50, to lvl 55.  :gonk:

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #99 on: March 11, 2014, 02:10:42 PM »
I don't know about the location problem... it seems to me, that because the general movement of planetary bodies is so consistent, a sufficiently powerful computer would be able to calculate the exact location of a certain spot at various points of time.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame