Author Topic: Stupid things players have said to you.  (Read 33440 times)

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
Re: Stupid things players have said to you.
« Reply #120 on: June 19, 2013, 05:07:37 AM »
Sadly I never got around to making my ultimate hero: Doorsit Boy!

Heh now that and Scardey Cat are funny.  That is the time I wouldn't boot an AFKer if it was part of on going RP joke.  Other then that I showed no mercy to door sitters and TF AFKers.  5-10 minutes of unannounced AFK was boot justified IMO.  I would send them a tell first, and if it was an emergency they had to take off for then I would re-invite them.

silvers1

• Boss
« Reply #121 on: June 19, 2013, 10:32:55 AM »

You wouldnt be that guy in PI named something like "I Click All Ur Glowies" yelling "LF Farm!"?
:)

(needless to say, I dont think he ever got a group)
--- Hercules - Freedom Server ---

HEATSTROKE

• Lovin' bein' an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #122 on: June 24, 2013, 04:17:47 AM »
Not so much a stupid thing but just something that was fun and brought a smile to my face remembering it....

I remember this one time we were doing the Mother Mayhem AV arc and I had my Inv/Nrg tank on the mission. Team of a few members of the SG and some Pugs.

The Pugs were like.. Inv is weak to Psi.. we need to get another tank.

One of my SG mates named Tavy was like.. its gonna be fine.. dont worry about it..

We get to Mother Mayhem and she starts blowing through my hit points..

Pug guy is like.. that tank is gonna die..

Me...she cant kill me.. I hit Dull Pain.. we keep going.. she takes another half of my hit points.

Pug guy again.. We shoulda got another tank...

Tavy my Sg mate was like.. wait for it..

Hit Points shoot back to full,,Dull Pain again..

Pug Guy... huh? How did you get all your Hit points back that fast???

Me.. Oh Im sorry did I forget to mention is was Perma Dull Pain..

ahhhh good times.. good times..

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #123 on: June 24, 2013, 09:40:03 PM »
I did team once on a TF with a TANK that refused to go first and get agro because he was afraid to die and "I don't want debt".

I recall being on a team with someone who INSISTED on being rezzed, or using a wakie, EVERY TIME he died. We repeatedly told him to go to the hospital, but he refused. As it turned out, he believed that you only got debt upon reaching the hospital. We tried to enlighten him that debt was automatic the instant you kissed the concrete/linoleum/granite/sewage, but he was adamant that he would be penalized only for going to the hospital. Players like that make me wish the game had a button to call the white coats to catch him in a big butterfly net and take him away.
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #124 on: June 24, 2013, 09:54:01 PM »
I recall being on a team with someone who INSISTED on being rezzed, or using a wakie, EVERY TIME he died. We repeatedly told him to go to the hospital, but he refused. As it turned out, he believed that you only got debt upon reaching the hospital. We tried to enlighten him that debt was automatic the instant you kissed the concrete/linoleum/granite/sewage, but he was adamant that he would be penalized only for going to the hospital. Players like that make me wish the game had a button to call the white coats to catch him in a big butterfly net and take him away.
Or rather a button that say display reference to  selected player.

Although I could see how a few hooligans would abuse that system to troll and get on people's nerves.

Steelclaw

• Lieutenant
« Reply #125 on: June 26, 2013, 07:28:09 AM »
The dumbest thing anyone ever said to me in-game was...

"Wanna team?"

General Idiot

• Elite Boss
« Reply #126 on: June 26, 2013, 02:02:10 PM »
To be fair, in a more general sense that's not a stupid question. And hey, at least they asked rather than just blindly inviting you.

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #127 on: June 26, 2013, 06:07:57 PM »
reading all these, makes me sad :(. miss this game
One day the Phoenix will rise again.

Thunder Glove

• Elite Boss
« Reply #128 on: June 26, 2013, 08:38:15 PM »
If it helps any, there's dumb players everywhere.

In another game, just now, I announced on the group-recruitment channel that I would like to do a dungeon, and I got an invite almost immediately, and joined a group with four or five other players. I said "What dungeon are we doing?  I'm up for anything between Royal Mastogob and Snowfoux!"  The team leader said "cats 'n rats."  I said "That's not a dungeon."  The team leader said "cats 'n rats" again.

It turns out he was 100 levels below me, and he didn't want to do any dungeons at all  (In a game with a cap of level 200, I'm level 164, he was level 60-something in the endgame area, where the lowest-level dungeon is balanced for a team of level 120s and up).

No, he wanted to fight the minor in-town spawns (Wooly Bow Meows and Stunted Rats), with me doing most of the heavy lifting. I dropped that team immediately.

Yeah, it's a bit off-topic, but for me, "cats 'n rats" is going to be the new "kill skuls."
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 06:35:14 PM by Thunder Glove »

DCrepesit

• Underling
« Reply #129 on: June 26, 2013, 11:16:33 PM »

Lmao i've been on a team with someone like this too. Awww it was hilarious, but painful at the same time.
Decrepit Birth, Symbiotic in Theory, Bring Me Pizza Rolls

Lady Luck

• Minion
  • Formerly of the Victory server
« Reply #130 on: June 27, 2013, 01:25:34 AM »

Haha! Reminds me of the time we teamed with someone who insisted we stand on the heads of defeated Freakshow so they wouldn't rez....  ;D
I found the crappy town where I'm the hero!
But then NCSoft took it away :(

adarict

• Boss
« Reply #131 on: June 27, 2013, 01:58:48 PM »
Haha! Reminds me of the time we teamed with someone who insisted we stand on the heads of defeated Freakshow so they wouldn't rez....  ;D

I remember being told that way back when I started around I3.  It is hilarious now, but back then, I didn't know any better.  I still don't know if the people saying it really believed it, or were having fun at my expense.  :)

MaidMercury

• Elite Boss
« Reply #132 on: July 07, 2013, 07:59:43 PM »
Heard some silly things, not very many. Besides one racist statement from a player the Dev's kicked, I found CoH players were mostly intelligent players.

I guess a dumb comment I faced was someone asked for help in Founders Falls.
I came over and was expecting a team invite or TF or perhaps help finish someone's mission.

It was some low level player who only wanted a rez from me.
Why they just didn't Hosp.............I don't know. :o

blackjak

• Elite Boss
« Reply #133 on: July 07, 2013, 09:18:21 PM »
It would have been great if you could have just teleported them to the front steps of the hospital and said "there you go".
Virtue: Moonsun, Dynamo Jr., Crimson Fury, Sabre Kat, Double Sixxes, Quantum Stranger, Mystic Kirin, Pink.Eye Champion: Blackjak, Redwing Blackbird Justice: Shield Marshal Guardian: White Talon Triumph: Gosuto Union: Stellar Girl

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #134 on: July 07, 2013, 09:47:45 PM »
Maybe a sidekick woulda gotten them out of the zone, but it doesn't sound like they were thinking that clearly about the game mechanics.
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Mythic13

• Underling
« Reply #135 on: July 08, 2013, 06:23:25 AM »
A couple things stand out...

Back around 06' I remember inviting random low lvls to my team and using recall friend and dropping them into mobs. Granted I was asking for trouble but this one time some dude PM's me saying "I put up with enough @#$! at work and im fed up". I asked what he did and he started epically venting about his job working at a local prison and lectured me on in-game manners.

Another type of encounter (Not really anything too specific) consisted of people making comments on my costume that I didn't like. Things like comparing it to other heroes or saying "your toon looks like a hobo!@!" when it really didn't.
Accolades obtained: Atlas Medallion, Conspiracy Theorist, Headline Stealer. Freedom Phalanx Reserve Member, Demonic, Bloodletter, Archmage, Watchman, Vanguard

grouchybeast

• Underling
« Reply #136 on: July 08, 2013, 11:51:56 AM »

I had a Redside Stalker called Notorious Leech.  I really made him to solo, but oddly enough he actually got occasional team invites.

Pinnacle Blue

• Boss
  • Pinnacle Server is best server.
« Reply #137 on: July 09, 2013, 12:31:46 AM »
A couple things stand out...

Back around 06' I remember inviting random low lvls to my team and using recall friend and dropping them into mobs. Granted I was asking for trouble but this one time some dude PM's me saying "I put up with enough @#$! at work and im fed up". I asked what he did and he started epically venting about his job working at a local prison and lectured me on in-game manners.

Another type of encounter (Not really anything too specific) consisted of people making comments on my costume that I didn't like. Things like comparing it to other heroes or saying "your toon looks like a hobo!@!" when it really didn't.

...Lemme get this straight.  You griefed players (and you really should have been banned for that) and one of them yelled at you, and that's a stupid thing HE said? 

Wow.  I'm glad you said there's no way you'd ever play again if the game came back.
Warshades don't take Alphas.  They give Alphas.

Captain Electric

• Elite Boss
  • Crime doesn't pay, evildoers!
    • CoH Faces Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 09, 2013, 02:24:30 AM »
More importantly, we'd need to see pics to be sure you DIDN'T actually look like a hobo!

(Seriously, you really shouldn't have been griefing players.)

ag88t88

• Lieutenant
  • Ice_Wall
« Reply #139 on: July 14, 2013, 07:21:29 AM »
So I don't know if this compares with some of the other stuff that has gone up there, but I think one of the dumbest things people said to me in CoH was "Team" .  I'd occasionally get a random /tell from random complete strangers, and that's all they would say. "Team".  Not "Would you like to join our team?"  or "Can I join your team" Or "Would you team with me?"  Or "care to team up?"  just "Team"  And a couple times I would ask in response.  "Are you asking me to join my team? Or are you asking if I want to join yours?" and I'd get no reply most of the time.  Though once or twice I got the reply.  "Team". 

Anywho, I always felt like that was one of the dumbest and\or laziest damn things people ever said to me, because it makes no sense. A One word tell and no clarification when I asked for it and most of the time they wouldn't even use a freaking question mark.