Author Topic: "Future of Online Games" - PAXEast video from MMORPG.com  (Read 16375 times)

General Idiot

• Elite Boss
Re: "Future of Online Games" - PAXEast video from MMORPG.com
« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2013, 03:33:21 PM »
Amusingly, it shows up as Neverwinter Nights Online in precisely one place that I know of - in the friend list if you're playing STO or CO, that's what it displays as if a friend is playing it. Everywhere else as far as I'm aware, it's just Neverwinter. They don't even put the Online after it.

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2013, 03:55:11 PM »
I persist using NWO because I find it funny that it looks like a pro wrestling "federation" name. :)
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2013, 03:57:39 PM »
I persist using NWO because I find it funny that it looks like a pro wrestling "federation" name. :)
Or famous wrestling stable.  ;D

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2013, 05:28:12 PM »
I don't actually watch wrestling to know the distinction...  :D
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

sorinkon

• Lieutenant
  • CoH WILL RISE AGAIN IN MINECRAFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • COH Minecraft
« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2013, 09:01:16 PM »
I don't think NcSoft would ever do it, but I do think that Cryptic would probably like getting access to some of the tech that Paragon developed.

And if COH came back, perhaps Cryptic could use their newer engine to make COH better ...

The only thing is ... and this may sound weird to post on this forum ... I'm not sure they'd want to keep both COH and CO alive, and I would hate
to see CO die. Not because I think that CO is a better game, but because I know people who really love the game and I would hate to see them go
through what we already have. And there is some fun things in CO that I have enjoyed and would miss.

yes but if you have played the game the graphics on CO are horrible the costume design is not that good and in fact i dont think champions online would die just because of city of heroes they would prolly partener up and make CO MUCH better

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #45 on: April 09, 2013, 09:14:37 PM »
yes but if you have played the game the graphics on CO are horrible the costume design is not that good and in fact i dont think champions online would die just because of city of heroes they would prolly partener up and make CO MUCH better
Meh i dont thing the graphics of CO are that bad. DIfferent and more like a comic drawing but dont think it's terrible. There are certain aspects of the art work I like better in CO than COX. Like the facial expresssions and movements. Which I didnt notice much until I caught my Nemesis wince when I defeated it. Instead of the botox overdose faces and floppy ragdoll stuff in COX, as comical as it looked, wasnt realistic on bit, not to mention the mitts.

I think some features between the two games could make an awesome game. But I personally like a lot of stuff over on CO better than I did in COX. Although I wouldnt mind COX type storylines and branches for leveling in CO. Or take some of the COX face models, and put it with CO face sliders, then awesome stuff.

But personal taste personal taste. There are some people who think Picasso, Da Vinci and Monet art is over rated junk  while others would give their left lung kidney and first born to have one in their house. Personal taste preference.