Author Topic: My Mom just died  (Read 23118 times)

jsndolly

Re: My Mom just died
« Reply #60 on: April 02, 2013, 12:12:49 AM »
 :'( Oh my condolences to you and your family, Ma'am! Please know that your pain is with us and in our heart! take care!

majordeej

• Minion
    • Major Deej Universe
« Reply #61 on: April 02, 2013, 12:25:56 AM »
Deepest condolences.  Take the time you need. 

This community will always be here for you when you need us.
Creator of Major Deej Universe
http://majordeejuniverse.com
Home of Major Deej Comics and characters!

ahmpizzedoff

• Minion
« Reply #62 on: April 02, 2013, 12:30:45 AM »
My deepest sympathies for you. This community will be here if, and when you need us. Take your time to grieve your loss. We'll patiently wait for you to return
Keeper of the toons from the SG, Sugar Coated Suicide, Freedom
Older'n Dirt and proud of it!

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
« Reply #63 on: April 02, 2013, 01:09:54 AM »
 :( *hugs*

JWBullfrog

• Elite Boss
  • I didn't leave Paragon City. They threw me out!
« Reply #64 on: April 02, 2013, 01:40:50 AM »
It is never easy to lose anyone who has touched your life. Family even more so. Our hearts are with you. Take care of yourself and don't worry about us. When you're ready for us, we'll be here.
As long as somebody keeps making up stories for it, the City isn't gone.

MaidMercury

• Elite Boss
« Reply #65 on: April 02, 2013, 01:48:10 AM »
This is the 2nd condolence I am creating. On the Community Boards of CoH- I responded to someone who's father had died a few years back to cancer. He was an active player on CoH. I saw his photo posted.

There are no words I can write to help with the pain. Just know you are not alone. Tragedies have happened before and  2 worlds are effected: Real Life and the Virtual life in Paragon
as their characters are no longer logged on. I have played with Father/Son teams and also a Mother and Son Team. I have had conversations with young players- children as they seem to have gravitated to my character as a Mother figure....City of Heroes have touched us inside in many ways.
God Bless you and your family during this trying time. We are a family here,too. :-*

Kuriositys Kat

• Lieutenant
« Reply #66 on: April 02, 2013, 01:48:47 AM »
My heart goes out to you and your family, Mercedes.   Take the time you need, we have your back.
As others have said  it helps to share the stories and joy she brought to the lives she touched.  If you need need it there is always a hot cuppa for you from Oz.
"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, and somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do!" - The Doctor

blackjak

• Elite Boss
« Reply #67 on: April 02, 2013, 01:53:16 AM »
You have our condolences and prayers, VV. Your extended family is here for you when you return.
Virtue: Moonsun, Dynamo Jr., Crimson Fury, Sabre Kat, Double Sixxes, Quantum Stranger, Mystic Kirin, Pink.Eye Champion: Blackjak, Redwing Blackbird Justice: Shield Marshal Guardian: White Talon Triumph: Gosuto Union: Stellar Girl

WolfSoul

• Lieutenant
    • Writing portfolio
« Reply #68 on: April 02, 2013, 02:41:13 AM »
My deepest condolences.

Kemphler

• Minion
« Reply #69 on: April 02, 2013, 03:40:59 AM »
My condolences VV. I lost my great grandmother, who I was rather close to, back in Feb. I know its not quite the same as losing your mother, but I do understand what its like to lose someone close. Take whatever time you need and remember all of us here are behind you.
"I intend to live forever, or die trying." - Groucho Marx

Ozmosis

• Boss
« Reply #70 on: April 02, 2013, 11:41:15 AM »
My Condoloences VV, we will be here thinking of you.

Nightwatch

• Lieutenant
« Reply #71 on: April 02, 2013, 12:30:57 PM »
Sincere condolences.  Thoughts are with you and your family.

dior

• Minion
« Reply #72 on: April 02, 2013, 01:06:32 PM »
Dear Mercedes

My family and I were very sorry to hear the sad news.

Having suffered a similar loss last year, I know that no amount of sentiments will bring back your mother, or alleviate the pain of your loss, but, please be assured that the thoughts of ALL the community, and their prayers are with you and your family at this difficult time.
If it is only a small amount of comfort to you, you can be sure that your efforts to help our community are a symbol of what makes you, and the COH community in general special - we all care for each other, and, it is exactly that community spirit which makes you and all those on these forums special to me.

I am sorry I am unable to do more than to pray for you and your family.

God Bless you.

Roy Coker

QuantumHero

• Elite Boss
« Reply #73 on: April 02, 2013, 03:49:42 PM »
I just logged into titan for the first time in far to long. 

My condolences.  If its any consolation, in the Jewish faith, it is said that any spirit that is remembered never truely dies. 

There is one other thing, you may or may not be familiar with, an ancient practice in my faith that it can't hurt to try.   

Take some piece of earth or stone from near your home, bring it to her grave and take a piece of earth from her grave and bring it home.  Think of her and tell the spirit why, tell her its a pathway by which she can always visit you....do the same for any special place, other homes, and other graves. 

I've always found this small ceremony comforting....may it help to bring you solace in this time of need.

Michele
If given two roads that lead no where good...stop using roads and carve your own path.

Joshex

• [citation needed]
  • Elite Boss
    • my talk page
« Reply #74 on: April 02, 2013, 04:05:56 PM »
sorry to hear your loss V.V.

I would say other things but they'd just sound crazy, and I don't have much confidence in many peoples ability to do them, and of coarse I could do it but I prefer to remain a faceless, nameless internet entity.

I suppose I am good with condolences; so in that regard I hope she ends up in a nice place, and if she does may god find some way to let you know.

additionally this sounds similar to a disease I was reading about that came from bangladesh, I cannot remember the full title of it, let me look it up:

CRE (the short name)

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2013-03-19/health/ct-met-superbugs-cre-20130319_1_carbapenem-resistant-urinary-tract-infections-antibiotic-resistant-bacteria
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 04:17:35 PM by Joshex »
There is always another way. But it might not work exactly like you may desire.

A wise old rabbit once told me "Never give-up!, Trust your instincts!" granted the advice at the time led me on a tripped-out voyage out of an asteroid belt, but hey it was more impressive than a bunch of rocks and space monkies.

Mindscythe

• Lieutenant
  • "Any world is what you make of it."
    • SoR Radio
« Reply #75 on: April 02, 2013, 05:23:30 PM »
I am so very sorry for your loss, Ms. Lackey. I lost my mother a little over a year ago, and know how incomprehensibly... awful it is. There's just no other word.

Sending thoughts and positive energy your way as you begin to work your way through the grieving process. -Jeff/Mindscythe
"Radio... Radio... RADIO FREE OPPORTUNITY!"

http://www.profj.org/theradiospeaks/

Iridar

• Underling
« Reply #76 on: April 02, 2013, 05:24:20 PM »
So very sorry for your loss, V.V.

My own Mom has been in the hospital since Thanksgiving due to encephalitis.  Every day I live in fear of getting "the call" from my Dad, telling me it's all over.  So sorry you had to take that call.

-=>ZephyrWind
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 05:29:46 PM by Iridar »

BadWolf

• Elite Boss
« Reply #77 on: April 02, 2013, 07:02:26 PM »
My deepest condolences to you and your family in this time of grief. We all understand that this takes priority over a video game, because we all understand that people are more important than things. And I think I speak for all of us when I say, if there's anything we can do, please let us know. This is a community, and communities aren't just about "What can you do for us?" They're about "What can we do for each other?"

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
  • CoH global: @Kristoff von Gelmini
« Reply #78 on: April 02, 2013, 11:21:02 PM »
Dear Surelle, I am so very sorry for the recent loss of both your father and your mother-in-law.  Please let me know if there's anything I might do that would be helpful.

Dear V.V., I don't have words.  I've lost a parent but not a mother.  Maybe there are words, but if so they are not mine.  I'd intended to blog about a recent S-F convention I attended this past weekend (my con report: it was fun) but a member of the CoH community met here on Titan and I have subsequently become RL friends even after the shuttering of CoH and when I phoned to say hi, what have I missed this past weekend, what's new on Titan, well, she told me (my words now, not hers) that we'd lost yet another Super Hero, and I can tell you how that makes me feel.  I know I rant and rave LOTS about the small stuff that annoys me.  Somehow the more important it is, the less I am able to speak - when done with humor, my friends actually delight in making me speechless.  And I won't bore you with the story about the bridge player and work colleague whose two words for me (after I'd prattled on sufficiently) was to whisper in my direction "Duct Tape!" - 'cause she'd already threatened over the bridge table once to duct tape my lips if I made one more awful pun!  Anyhow, I don't have words to put any of this into perspective, much less to offer comfort.  The very best I can hope to offer is a shoulder to cry on, some words of distraction, a reasonably clean handkerchief - oops! let me go get another clean handkerchief!!  What I'd really like to do if I lived closer would be to bring over a homemade pie and a casserole and leave these in the kitchen for you and Larry along with all the other food stuffs for the various people in your home.  Like i said, we both know there's absolutely nothing I can say, but despite this I would like to offer to you and to Surelle to keep you and yours, those currently walking the Earth as well as those recently departed, in my thoughts and prayers tonight and for the next several weeks after.  I also plan on lighting a candle, not because I personally think that lighting a candle will make all that much difference, but rather it will make it easier to meditate and as one grandmother friends liked to remark, "Why not?  It couldn't hurt."

All love to you, Mercedes Lackey and also Surelle; I pray in my own particular way and shall not bore you with the language of it.  May the Higher Spirit look over each and both of you, your families, and as well as your recently (what I call) Dearly Departed, those loved ones whose souls are released from the pain of earthly bodies.  Namaste.
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

candidate

• Underling
« Reply #79 on: April 02, 2013, 11:48:34 PM »
My condolences for your loss VV.