Author Topic: My Mom just died  (Read 22640 times)

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
Re: My Mom just died
« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2013, 10:24:06 PM »
I don't normally send internet hugs, but this warrants an exception.

:hugs:

Do what you need to. We'll be here when you get back.
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Menrva Channel

• Boss
« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2013, 12:00:23 AM »
*hugs* My condolences to you and your family! I will be sending positive thoughts your way.

TheBeatnik

• Minion
« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2013, 12:21:33 AM »
So sorry to hear of your mother's passing.

My dad passed away a bit over 7 years ago; it feels as if it only happened yesterday. I drove his old pickup until it just couldn't run anymore, just because it
was a tangible reminder of him. Over the years, loss has turned to remembrance, and while I still feel his presence constantly, that presence is now more
comfort than grief.

I hope that you and yours will also reach that point where remembering the joy your mother brought you will ease the grief over her loss. If there's anything we can do to help, let us know.

*hug*

Styrj

• Boss
« Reply #43 on: March 31, 2013, 12:24:23 AM »
My condolences to you and your family Mercedes. TDG
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!  Infinity Server...

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2013, 12:34:08 AM »
You guys are helping more than you know.

Mom began having what we thought was a bad case of flu about the middle of January, but it just wasn't getting any better and she was losing tons of weight.  Her regular doctor wasn't doing much to tell you the truth and we finally persuaded her to go to the emergency room when she nearly collapsed.  After a lot of tests the only thing they could come up with was "gastritis"; it was sounding like she was getting better, and they had transferred her to the rehab section of the hospital.  She was doing rehab twice a day for three hours at a time, and we all figured things were going fine.  Then Friday morning she was literally fine one moment and gone the next.

My brother is out there with Dad now; he's done this dance three times before, with his wife's mother, father, and an aunt that was close.  So he has things wired tight and when I talked to them this morning they are doing better than I am to tell the truth.  I'll be going out probably Monday or Tuesday; it's Easter weekend so of course nothing can be done right now.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #45 on: March 31, 2013, 03:04:22 AM »
Sorry to hear about your mom VV.  My heart goes out to you, it is never easy losing someone so close to you.  The CoHTitan Community is here for you.

Vistalvaris

• Underling
« Reply #46 on: March 31, 2013, 04:42:13 PM »
Very sorry for your loss Victoria V., I read the forums almost every day, but I only post when absolutely necessary. You are one of the foundations of the Save CoX efforts, and a corner stone of our community-- my heart goes out for you and your family in the time of this great loss. 

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #47 on: March 31, 2013, 04:48:51 PM »
My father died about 8 years ago. I had to be the one to make the hard decisions. The U of M hospital was going to operate but my dad was so weak they decided not to. My brothers and uncle tried to argue with the chief of surgery to operate. I finally stepped in and said there is something worse than dying on the table, surviving but being too weak to ever go home again.

They all stopped and actually heard what I was saying.

The doctor offered to tell my dad but I said, "Doc thanks, but you don't love him and we do." I told my dad he was going home now and he instantly knew why. "So that's it, then?" He said. "Yes, one of the best hospitals in the world can't operate." I replied. I can never forget those few minutes ever.

My dad looked at the nurse and said, "You have 10 minutes to get these tubes out of me and then my sons are taking me home to die. I will give you 10 minutes of the time I have left after that I am taking them out myself."

I understand your pain, but as TonyV said - talk about her tell the stories that made you laugh, cry and love her. It is what makes us human to share loss.

Thunder Glove

• Elite Boss
« Reply #48 on: March 31, 2013, 06:17:42 PM »
My deepest condolences and Internet Hugs.  I've been there (or somewhere near there) and I know that she'll live on through the people around her.

Merseine

• Boss
« Reply #49 on: March 31, 2013, 06:41:21 PM »
As everyone else has been saying, my sincere condolences for your loss. 

Know that your community-of-choice here on the Titan network are thinking and praying for you (prayer being defined by each individual as their own version of sending good energy into the universe).  You are not alone - we're here if we can do anything to help.

And as others have said, take the time you need.  Come back when you are ready. We'll leave the light on for you. 

Until we see you next:

/em holdtorch

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #50 on: March 31, 2013, 06:46:51 PM »
I'm so sorry for your loss, Ms. Lackey. Take the time you need. I agree with TonyV, talk about the funny stuff, the good stories, the weird stuff she told you over the years. Laugh as well as cry. Laughter makes the pain go faster.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #51 on: March 31, 2013, 08:05:02 PM »
I know for certain that we never lose the people we love, even to their passing.  They continue to participate in every act, thought and decision we make.  Their love leaves an indelible imprint in our memories.  We find comfort in knowing that our lives have been enriched by having shared their love. Hold tight to memories, lean on your friends for strength, and always remember how much you are cared about.
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

Oskmey

• Minion
  • Listening to the roar of the Infinite
    • My DevArt Page
« Reply #52 on: March 31, 2013, 09:55:42 PM »
Sorry to hear of your loss.

Hugs to you and the fam.

"I kept running, kept hoping for a change
kept moving the pieces kept shifting the blame
he said my time now runs short let's play
just keep breathing baby one more day"
--Episode 6 Many Happy Returns by Do Not Forsake Me Oh My Darling

Darkness De Ding

• Underling
« Reply #53 on: April 01, 2013, 01:09:29 AM »
VV- Very sorry to hear this. If you need anything, let us know. You have an entire community who has your back.
Me? Just a blaster? My shoes will kick your ass.

MindBlender

• Boss
  • My Main was a healer, wish he was here now.
« Reply #54 on: April 01, 2013, 05:43:36 AM »
So sorry VV.  {{{hugs}}} to you and your family.  Yes, remember the great times.  The funny stories.  She is always with you in spirit.  She gave us a great author and I'm guessing the fire to make you a MAJOR fighter for our cause.  God Bless.
All my computer skill was used up on my Commodore 64 decades ago...

Tanklet

• Boss
« Reply #55 on: April 01, 2013, 10:15:19 AM »
:'( condolences for your loss, especially in such a tragic way

Captain Electric

• Elite Boss
  • Crime doesn't pay, evildoers!
    • CoH Faces Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 01, 2013, 02:53:42 PM »
Much sympathy for your loss Mrs. Lackey, and please take your time.  :(

P.S. Your mom brought something really awesome into this world. Much respect for you and your work.  :)

Mazz vs The World

• Lieutenant
« Reply #57 on: April 01, 2013, 03:23:37 PM »
I don't post much but I'm sorry to hear this news. I know there's nothing I can say to make things better but I hope you find some peace and comfort in the fact that you have a community here to support you no matter what. You and your family will be in my prayers. GOD bless!!

Spellcaster Hana

• Minion
  • City of Heroes will always and forever be my home.
    • Hana's Deviantart
« Reply #58 on: April 01, 2013, 09:13:29 PM »
My deepest sympathies on your loss. I hope she's happy wherever she is...  :(
"Sometimes, crossing the line is necessary in order to move forward."
"ALL HAIL EMPEROR COLE!!!" ( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
----------
My Deviantart: http://hanariblue.deviantart.com

Tannim222

• Lieutenant
« Reply #59 on: April 01, 2013, 11:03:05 PM »
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss and for your grief. Take your time to mourn, remember, and when you're ready again to pull on your tights and take up the fight, we'll be here.