Author Topic: My Mom just died  (Read 22643 times)

Peregrine Falcon

• Lieutenant
Re: My Mom just died
« Reply #80 on: April 03, 2013, 09:57:05 AM »
My condolences for your loss Ms. Lackey.

It's at times like this that I wish that I could say something that would help.
Paragon City refugee - "We're heroes, it's what we do."

The White Rager

• Lieutenant
    • The Wordpile
« Reply #81 on: April 03, 2013, 01:54:02 PM »
Heard about this over at the update blog and came over to make sure I said something. I'm really sorry to hear it Misty.

Ad_Astra

• Lieutenant
« Reply #82 on: April 03, 2013, 08:01:04 PM »
So sorry to hear of your loss, Mercedes (I think of you as Misty Lackey, BTW, because my filker friends call you that).

Loss of a close family member is so hard, but I'm glad that your Titan "family" is here to support you. I know that when I lost my brother-in-law in 2008 and then my baby brother (he was 43!) in 2010, my CoH family was there to offer condolences and virtual hugs. I am paying that forward today to you!

Carole

antarcticaa

• Lieutenant
« Reply #83 on: April 03, 2013, 09:12:01 PM »
Mercedes, we grieve with you.  Sharing that pain with the CoH community who genuinely cares for you helps.  We love you, your written work and all the time you have devoted to saving our game home.  Hugs and prayers are with you.

It takes a lot of time to work through a death in the family, and we Americans are terrible about giving a family time to grieve.  I lost my dad to lung cancer, my brother in law to melanoma, my mother in law to colon cancer and now my mother is nearing the end of her path as we work with hospice in her struggle with emphysema. 

If there is anything particular you want us to pray for or you want to share, we are here for you my friend.

Love,

Ant/Moon/Rebelle

A Cyclops named Steve

• Lieutenant
  • Steropes Freedom
« Reply #84 on: April 03, 2013, 10:35:24 PM »
I am so sorry for your lose. You have my deepest condolences. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers as you go through this difficult time.
.                              Come with me and you'll be in a world of pure imagination. Take a look and you'll see into your imagination.

We'll begin with a spin, traveling in the world of my creation. What we'll see will defy explanation.

If you want to view paradise simply look around and view it. Anything you want to, do it. Wanta change the world? There's nothing To it.

Ninus

• Underling
  • We are BOARD. Existence is futile.
« Reply #85 on: April 04, 2013, 01:23:44 AM »
Wow. Finally get to a terminal where I can log to the 'net after a month; and I see this.  My prayers for you and yours, VV.

Vrghr

• Underling
« Reply #86 on: April 08, 2013, 02:28:16 AM »
My sincere condolences on your loss. If there is anything we can do, perhaps a charity or cause we can contribute to in her memory, please let us know.

Sailboat

• Boss
« Reply #87 on: April 08, 2013, 04:36:01 AM »
Condolences.

Take care of family stuff and we'll see you when you're ready.

Heroid

• Minion
« Reply #88 on: April 08, 2013, 10:02:28 PM »
My condolensces. 
aka, Heroid

Segev

• Plan Z: Interim Producer
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #89 on: April 09, 2013, 04:12:03 PM »
I wish I could do more than offer my condolences, VV. Take care of yourself and your family, and may you find peace and comfort.

Kheprera

• Elite Boss
« Reply #90 on: April 11, 2013, 04:20:48 AM »
VV, my deep, heartfelt condolences. I wish you well through this time, and please take care of yourself. You come first.

We are here if you need us.

Rotten Luck

• Elite Boss
  • "I'd rather go out a hero than a coward."
« Reply #91 on: April 11, 2013, 11:50:43 AM »
Seems the angel of death making it's rounds.  Yesterday I got the call my Step-father died (he was more a Dad then my biological father ever was.)

Misery loves company they say so... I gladly share in our sorrow of our loved ones, and the love of those still with us.
One way or another... Heroes will fly again!

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
  • CoH global: @Kristoff von Gelmini
« Reply #92 on: April 11, 2013, 12:38:54 PM »
Seems the angel of death making it's rounds.  Yesterday I got the call my Step-father died (he was more a Dad then my biological father ever was.)

Misery loves company they say so... I gladly share in our sorrow of our loved ones, and the love of those still with us.
Dear Rotten Luck,  I am so sorry! My own beloved stepfather passed away last May (2012) and like yours, was more of a father to me and had been for over 30 years than my biological dad (he passed in '87).  I am reminded of the saying that while none of us gets to choose the families we are born into, we do get to choose our friends and I like even more the saying that "Friend are the Family you get to choose" and indeed many of my closest friends have been as close or closer and much more involved in my life than blood relatives, such as cousins, but I guess that's modern life.  Anyhow, let's all keep one another in our prayers and best wishes.   I happen to believe in a number of things that others might not, and yet as one academic, a dean of Science & Technology once said to me when we were discussing metaphysics (quoting Dianne), "John, I am a scientist.  I discount NOTHING." And another dean said (and Barbara was Jewish), "As my mother said, 'light a candle' and i figure it can't hurt but only can help."  Thus, unless our faith requires something truly outlandish like blood sacrifice of chickens or somesuch, let's just keep the City of Heroes community in mind when next we each offer prayers, well wishes, etc. to the higher power (however you personally happen to conceptualize that.)  With this in mind, RL, I would like now to extend my very deepest sympathies and condolences.  Please know that I shall be keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers, even as I do when I am told of others experiencing recent loss.  I know my own grieving process quite well by now.  All love to you & yours in the Sacred Spirit.

John
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

HEATSTROKE

• Lovin' bein' an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #93 on: April 29, 2013, 03:24:49 AM »
Has anyone heard on how Mercedes is doing? I remember when I lost my mother.

Joshex

• [citation needed]
  • Elite Boss
    • my talk page
« Reply #94 on: April 30, 2013, 12:43:44 PM »

sorry to hear that, it is that time of year, death usually hits in the winter or spring, so if you ever get old remember you have to hold on to life till summer comes.
There is always another way. But it might not work exactly like you may desire.

A wise old rabbit once told me "Never give-up!, Trust your instincts!" granted the advice at the time led me on a tripped-out voyage out of an asteroid belt, but hey it was more impressive than a bunch of rocks and space monkies.

Vasarto

• Boss
« Reply #95 on: May 02, 2013, 05:24:11 AM »
That sucks...I just had a friend recently who's father just died.

Well I hope you can get through this tough time. May she RIP.

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #96 on: May 02, 2013, 07:07:48 AM »
Has anyone heard on how Mercedes is doing? I remember when I lost my mother.
I have not heard anything (nor would I anticipate doing so before anyone else).  Dear @Heatstroke, I am not in the least surprised you remember this.  While it is awful to say so, it reminds me to appreciate and be grateful for those of my family still in the world - I find it helps me be more patient with normal human foibles (and perhaps it works that way for them as well.)  I would anticipate that Misty has at least weeks of mourning and perhaps even some complicated legal work on her plate.  Of course I might also be wrong, and hope so; but as we all of us here on Titan know loss, bereavement, and grieving is handled by each of us differently and according to its own time table.  My own possibly erroneous sensibility is it would be fine for us to offer renewed prayers and condolences to Ms. Lackey as well as to all here on Titan who are grieving.  I love life, but some aspects of it are simply no fun.
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #97 on: May 02, 2013, 07:21:01 AM »
That sucks...I just had a friend recently who's father just died.

Well I hope you can get through this tough time. May she RIP.
I am sorry for your friend's loss.  I find experience only makes this road more familiar but not easier.  He or she is fortunate to have a caring friend at this time.  Welcome perhaps to yet new levels of personal Heroism, @Vasarto.  At the risk of being obnoxious I would like to quote from a Quaker lady living in England who wrote in 1985 about compassion, "Co-partnership with Love energy is needed because unless we open ourselves to it consciously*, nothing in the new order of awareness is able to break through."   Best hopes and wishes to you and your friend in navigating this difficult time.

*emphasis was the author's, Damaris Parker-Rhodes.