Author Topic: Movie Quotes  (Read 211675 times)

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
Re: Movie Quotes
« Reply #340 on: January 06, 2014, 01:45:34 AM »
I'll give you a little hint. It's in honor of Peter O'Toole who just recently passed away. It's one of his.

Floride

• Elite Boss
  • Badgehunter Extraordinaire
« Reply #341 on: January 07, 2014, 08:22:43 AM »
I'll give you a little hint. It's in honor of Peter O'Toole who just recently passed away. It's one of his.

Aww, I was gonna guess "Cecil B. Demented" till you said that. No clue now =)
History shows again and again
How nature points out the folly of men

Nos482

• Elite Boss
  • We've gone and done the greatest crime...
    • My PSN profile
« Reply #342 on: January 07, 2014, 05:21:02 PM »
"Kid, there are heroes and there are legends. Heroes get remembered, but legends never die"
The Sandlot

Time for something silly:
"You lost a lot of blood but we found most of it."  :o
I'm bad and that's good.
I'll never be good and that's not bad.
There's no one I'd rather be than me.

...unless I could be Batman, of course. Everybody wants to be Batman.

OzonePrime

• Elite Boss
  • Never Give Up! Never Surrender!
« Reply #343 on: January 07, 2014, 07:24:02 PM »
Here's one that might be a bit more obscure than your average geek film.

"Do you not know that King Kong was just three foot six inches tall? He only came up to Faye Wray's belly button! If God could do the tricks that we can do he'd be a happy man!"

My Favorite Year?

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
« Reply #344 on: January 07, 2014, 07:41:49 PM »

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
« Reply #345 on: January 12, 2014, 01:43:59 AM »

Heroette

• Elite Boss
  • Penelope Pistol lives forever in my heart.
« Reply #346 on: January 12, 2014, 03:47:46 AM »

Here's a great one:   

It begins with the king as a boy, having to spend the night alone in the forest to prove his courage so he can become king.

Now while he is spending the night alone he's visited by a sacred vision. Out of the fire appears the holy grail, symbol of God's divine grace. And a voice said to the boy, "You shall be keeper of the grail so that it may heal the hearts of men." But the boy was blinded by greater visions of a life filled with power and glory and beauty. And in this state of radical amazement he felt for a brief moment not like a boy, but invincible, like God, so he reached into the fire to take the grail, and the grail vanished, leaving him with his hand in the fire to be terribly wounded. Now as this boy grew older, his wound grew deeper. Until one day, life for him lost its reason. He had no faith in any man, not even himself. He couldn't love or feel loved. He was sick with experience. He began to die.

One day a fool wandered into the castle and found the king alone. And being a fool, he was simple minded, he didn't see a king. He only saw a man alone and in pain. And he asked the king, "What ails you friend?" The king replied, "I'm thirsty. I need some water to cool my throat". So the fool took a cup from beside his bed, filled it with water and handed it to the king.

As the king began to drink, he realized his wound was healed. He looked in his hands and there was the holy grail, that which he sought all of his life. And he turned to the fool and said with amazement, "How can you find that which my brightest and bravest could not?" And the fool replied, "I don't know. I only knew that you were thirsty."

(Yes, it's a monologue and not a short quote, but you really NEED the whole thing in order to have a chance at recognizing the source. Plus it's a great story.)

It is a great story.  I have no idea where it is from though.

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #347 on: January 13, 2014, 04:00:06 AM »
It's from one of my favorite movies, The Fisher King!

"I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest... Honestly, it's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly...stupid."
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

Nos482

• Elite Boss
    • My PSN profile
« Reply #348 on: January 13, 2014, 05:32:00 AM »
"I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest... Honestly, it's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly...stupid."
Is it THIS? 8)

"FYI man, alright. You could sit at home, and do like absolutely nothing, and your name goes through like 17 computers a day. 1984? Yeah right, man. That's a typo. Orwell is here now. He's livin' large. We have no names, man. No names. We are nameless!"
I'm bad and that's good.

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
  • CoH global: @Kristoff von Gelmini
« Reply #349 on: January 22, 2014, 01:33:17 PM »
(*mumbles to self, "I must not watch enough movies... ")   ;)
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

Heroette

• Elite Boss
  • Penelope Pistol lives forever in my heart.
« Reply #350 on: January 22, 2014, 03:04:23 PM »
(*mumbles to self, "I must not watch enough movies... ")   ;)

Same here, and I started this thread - lol.

Floride

• Elite Boss
  • Badgehunter Extraordinaire
« Reply #351 on: January 24, 2014, 03:28:42 AM »
Okay, been long enough. Here's one of my faves. Delivery of the line was magnificent.

Back then we didn't have these fancy birth control methods... like "pullin' out".
History shows again and again
How nature points out the folly of men

Battlechimp

• Boss
« Reply #352 on: January 29, 2014, 11:48:51 PM »
Is it THIS? 8)

"FYI man, alright. You could sit at home, and do like absolutely nothing, and your name goes through like 17 computers a day. 1984? Yeah right, man. That's a typo. Orwell is here now. He's livin' large. We have no names, man. No names. We are nameless!"

Can I score a fry? :-)   this is from Hackers. Which is kinda of to go back and watch. Besides a cool soundtrack its funny as they talk about cool cutting edge technology "oh wow this laptop has a 28.8 bps modem!"

Now how about this one.

To you the day I entered your life it was an earth shattering event that you never forgot. To me, it was a thursday
Some men were born to greatness, others had it thrust upon them.  Me?  I punted. - Col Cranston Snord

Blow things up! Blow things up! Blow things up! Blo... wait, not that!! - Jammers everywhen

Nos482

• Elite Boss
    • My PSN profile
« Reply #353 on: January 30, 2014, 08:21:06 AM »
To you the day I entered your life it was an earth shattering event that you never forgot. To me, it was a thursday
While I don't know this specific quote, it reminds me of something M. Bison said in Street Fighter:

"For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday."
to be fair, I had to look the quote up to get it right. All I really remembered was the "but for me, it was tuesday" part.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 07:38:26 PM by Nos482 »
I'm bad and that's good.

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #354 on: January 30, 2014, 09:47:03 PM »
"It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to your enemies, but a great deal more to stand up to your friends."
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

JWBullfrog

• Elite Boss
  • I didn't leave Paragon City. They threw me out!
« Reply #355 on: January 31, 2014, 01:17:02 AM »
Ferris Bueller's day off?

As long as somebody keeps making up stories for it, the City isn't gone.

Pearl Dragon

• Lieutenant
« Reply #356 on: January 31, 2014, 03:00:12 AM »

Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone?

How about - " Why problem make, when you no problem have you don't want to make? "

It looks odd, but it is a quote.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 01:35:08 AM by Pearl Dragon »

Nos482

• Elite Boss
    • My PSN profile
« Reply #357 on: February 01, 2014, 02:02:15 AM »

Great movie... but the quote is a bit misleading. Sounds a little too much like Yoda or Mr. Miyagi ;)

"Do you see any Teletubbies here? Do you see a slender plastic tag clipped to my shirt with my name on it? Did you see a little Asian child with a blank expression sitting outside in a mechanical helicopter that shakes when you put quarters in it? No? Well, that's what you'd see at a toy store. And you must think you you're in a toy store, because you're here shopping for an infant named Jeb. Now, one of us has made a gross error, and wasted the other person's valuable time. This is an art gallery, my friend, and this is a piece of art."

I'm bad and that's good.

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
« Reply #358 on: February 01, 2014, 10:29:57 AM »
"Do you see any Teletubbies here? Do you see a slender plastic tag clipped to my shirt with my name on it? Did you see a little Asian child with a blank expression sitting outside in a mechanical helicopter that shakes when you put quarters in it? No? Well, that's what you'd see at a toy store. And you must think you you're in a toy store, because you're here shopping for an infant named Jeb. Now, one of us has made a gross error, and wasted the other person's valuable time. This is an art gallery, my friend, and this is a piece of art."

Elijah Price to David Dunn in Unbreakable. Loved that movie!

EDIT: Whoops! Elijah is NOT speaking to David Dunn in the above quote - he's speaking to a customer (unnamed) who was seriously going to buy that as a "Poster" for his son who'd likely tear it up.

Here's a new one:

Agent 1: "Is there a Renaissance Fair in town?"

Agent 2: "Call it in."

Agent 1: "Yeah. Uh, base, we've got, uh, Xena, Jackie Chan, and Robin Hood."
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 06:55:27 PM by Atlantea »

Nos482

• Elite Boss
    • My PSN profile
« Reply #359 on: February 01, 2014, 06:01:28 PM »
Here's a new one:
And that line gave it away... there weren't too many movies in the recent years where this dialogue could've happened.
It's from Thor; regarding Sif, Hogun and Fandral respectively.

"First off, no asking me any questions. Second, if you fall asleep for any reason other than that you are in a bed and it's nighttime, I will strangle you. Third, if you are allergic to waffles, don't eat them."
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 06:09:29 PM by Nos482 »
I'm bad and that's good.